It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swamp Ape/ Bigfoot... Some compelling video taken in Jan 2015.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The only person that would be nuts enough to be wading around in a swamp like that
would be Shelby "Swamp Man" Stanga in a ape suit that guy would do anything for a buck!

My opinion this video is the best I've seen and I pretty much go out of my way to watch all that come around.
If that was me filming I don't think I would be saying much of anything I would be afraid I would spook it.
So interesting .... one thing he doesn't mention is the smell did he smell anything. I would think it would be bigger in size but it just could have been a young immature one. It definitely looks as if it has a snake wiggling by it's side. Anyway for what it's worth it's interesting.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I know one thing....It's a Guy or a girl in a dark ape suit, in fact it could be a ill fitting Armani suit for all we know.

any clues from the video to back up your suspicions?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I was showing the video to a buddy who is a big fisherman and kayak's in swamps fairly often. He said that whatever it is, it is using a technique called slapping to attract whatever it caught. It is a fairly common technique for fisherman in the know to use the tips of their poles to do the same. He said it appears this is what the animal is doing in the video, and it also appears it paid off.

His reasoning for this is because the animal is beside a swamp tree which is often used by fish for their homes. He also suggested it could be an eel of some sort....I wouldn't know what fish/eels are indigenous to the swamp there, but certainly piqued my interest even more when he brought up that he thought the animal was specifically "Hand Grabbing" using this slapping technique.

He also said that he believes it is an animal of some sort though can't tell what. He said that the mud and underwater web of roots from swamp trees like this would not allow for a human to walk through this area as easily as this animal appeared to....it appeared whatever it was had likely been there for a long time in order to learn to traverse the waters so easily on foot.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

What if we're not seeing him drink the water, but tap it to attract a snake. When he slaps the water before he walks off, he is grabbing the snake he attracted and taking it somewhere to eat it. Incredible if true. This video keeps getting better.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Has anyone mentioned the depth of the water?

Could a human stand so tall in that water?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TomLawless

Not sure...hard to determine the depth where the animal is from that distance. My buddy I showed the video said that a human definitely could not walk in that water where it was.....too muddy and too many tree roots. I asked specifically if it were a human in a costume of some sort and he laughed and said that first, any human that would "walk" in a Tampa swamp would be an idiot, and second that if in a suit it would hinder their ability even more. He said the way which this animal seemed to move with such ease and brush past/knock that tree towards the end of the video leads him to believe it is a pretty large animal with some significant weight behind it.

I am still convinced, after watching this over a dozen times, that we are not looking at a human here. I have no idea what it is, but seeing a domed head, the very natural movements and reactions, and the fishing technique, I am sure this thing has lived in this swamp for a while and has relatives there who have taught it how to do the things it is able to do.

My friend said it was standing on the log it was on so as to not stir the water below with it's feet prior to using the slapping technique to fish....that is a learned thing which suggests a pretty high level of intelligence. I began wondering how long it would take a human to just learn something like this on their own through trial and error.....my guess is it would take a long time. That is something that is passed down from one generation to another.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
a reply to: Vaedur

Or perhaps debunked in a way that sits well within your belief system.

Point taken. Good one

But I have never really seen a convincing UFO video, and it does sit will within my belief system, that if they are highly advanced enough to come here, it's pretty easy for them to not let you see them, let alone put on strobe lights and do a fly over.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I just wanted to check does he say about at the time he moves the camera to the left
"Lets get out of here someone is coming"? My speakers on my computer are horribly low, but it sounds like he mumbles something ...so there is someone else in the canoe with him.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I want to make one thing clear...I'm not saying that Bigfoot doesn't exist. I think that there have been enough sightings over the years to cause me to believe that there is some kind of unknown animal out there. But I just find a few things about this clip that make me suspicious. One other thing besides the things I've already mentioned is the fact that when they show the 'really' zoomed in picture they start at a point when the subject is most obscured by the brush. IF I knew I had an authentic video I would have shown as much of it as possible to have people examine it...knowing that it is authentic. The fact that he only shows a small obscured segment under full zoom makes me suspect that zooming in on the earlier activity would reveal a tell tale sign of the truth.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
After another look, it looks like the snake is in the opposite hand of the one that slapped the water. Maybe this guy was fishing, heard the commotion of the one videoing, slapped the water from frustration because he knew he'd have to move, and took what he had already caught with him? If he has a family to feed, one snake won't be enough. Maybe he had already caught some beforehand and was saving them in his non-fishing hand.

Just a few ideas.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: TomLawless

Not sure...hard to determine the depth where the animal is from that distance. My buddy I showed the video said that a human definitely could not walk in that water where it was.....too muddy and too many tree roots. I asked specifically if it were a human in a costume of some sort and he laughed and said that first, any human that would "walk" in a Tampa swamp would be an idiot, and second that if in a suit it would hinder their ability even more. He said the way which this animal seemed to move with such ease and brush past/knock that tree towards the end of the video leads him to believe it is a pretty large animal with some significant weight behind it.

I am still convinced, after watching this over a dozen times, that we are not looking at a human here. I have no idea what it is, but seeing a domed head, the very natural movements and reactions, and the fishing technique, I am sure this thing has lived in this swamp for a while and has relatives there who have taught it how to do the things it is able to do.

My friend said it was standing on the log it was on so as to not stir the water below with it's feet prior to using the slapping technique to fish....that is a learned thing which suggests a pretty high level of intelligence. I began wondering how long it would take a human to just learn something like this on their own through trial and error.....my guess is it would take a long time. That is something that is passed down from one generation to another.

I dont think using the "acts,behaves like an animal" argument works in this day and age. Anyone with a brain that wanted to make a video look authentic is going to research animal behavior and reproduce that. Not saying thats what we have here but if I tasked you to make a belivable video im sure you would research a little and not wing it.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

Also your friend is making an assumption as to whats below the water. If you were hoaxing then you would pick an area easily traversed. Just because an area is rooted doesnt mean the entire area is

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
After watching it more you can clearly see it is humanoid like with gorilla like features (cone head). It is indeed on top of some log catching something. Then you can hear the canoe boat smack with the oar or something like a limb. The creature immediately notices and looks up and is startled. Right leg goes in the water left arm goes up and grabs a limb for balance. Then clearly takes walking strides like a human. Then we get a glimpse of the cone shaped head and face. Ghillie suits are hooded and arms are open and baggy like poncho. This just doesn't look like a ghillie.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Sure, anyone could research it and attempt to recreate how an animal behaves. That doesn't mean they COULD do it in the manner shown in this video. It all seems to natural to the behavior of a wild animal with some smarts.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

Also your friend is making an assumption as to whats below the water. If you were hoaxing then you would pick an area easily traversed. Just because an area is rooted doesnt mean the entire area is

Fair enough, but I am pretty confident when I say he has more experience in areas like this than likely anyone else on this forum. He is not a bigfoot/skunkape believer, as I am not. This video has raised some very interesting questions for me as it did him.

And no, the entire area does not need to be rooted, however the animal is next to a tree, so unless you are saying this tree is the only one in the world without roots, then you would be wrong.

Try googling swamp tree roots and you may get a better idea of why he said what he said......and as far as I can tell, there are no swamp trees without roots.
edit on 1/28/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Im not being combative here, just trying to offer an alternative view. If we are talking mangroves or even the nasty swamp willows out there yes but again if I was hoaxing id pick an area easily walked. I would like to believe, guess im just tired of living in a world of a billion HD cameras and bazillion HD camera phones and yet an 8ft. creature is always out of range or focus.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

The story deosnt smell right to me either. He supposedly boated up to where it dived under? Why does he stop recording? Alot of questions no doubt.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I asked specifically if it were a human in a costume of some sort and he laughed and said that first, any human that would "walk" in a Tampa swamp would be an idiot

i don't think that is a great argument against it being a man in a monkey suit: darwin awards

the way it gets into the water and moves away is impressive though - i suspect it would take a lot of practice to produce so little disturbance to the water

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Has anyone thought to see if the female park ranger can at least corroborate that part of his story about being shown the video? Cant be that hard to track her down. If hes lying about that detail well....

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Like a wet stick then.

Sticks don't "bend and whip" just from getting wet. If it were wet to the point where it could bend in such a way, it would be rotten and fall apart. Large sticks and tree branches, believe it or not, do not have the physical properties of a spaghetti noodle.

And then you say "I know one thing....It's a Guy or a girl in a dark ape suit, in fact it could be a ill fitting Armani suit for all we know. Another crap video for the deluded to fall for... Bigfoot is a Myth and so are deep water diving 12 foot Gator battling Skunk apes for Christ sake."

You know that it's a guy or a girl in a dark ape suit or an oversized tuxedo? Laughable.

Deny Ignorance.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join