It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swamp Ape/ Bigfoot... Some compelling video taken in Jan 2015.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Yep, there are no exaggerated movements by the creature. It all seems natural and easy to whatever it is.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

I edited my post after you responded...My thoughts are the original non-zoomed in footage is what needs to be analyzed. The zoomed in footage could be entirely faked. However since myself and so many others are intrigued by this clip, my edited post asks to, "let's start the investigation." We can figure out what area the Big Foot might be in Lettuce Lake by looking at a map.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

Things about this that make me think this might be real.

1) The odds of a human wearing a suit and trudging through snake/croc waters while splashing around. You would have to be pretty dedicated or pretty stupid. But that can still be faked.

2) The MOST compelling is the way the 'bigfoot' reacts to the boat sounds. There's no way a human wearing a costume (one which looks very real by the way) would be able to detect that small of a sound and naturally turn it's head in surprise. It would be hard for a real movie producer to coordinate that and make it look natural. Whatever it was, it seemed genuinely startled and seems to have very good hearing.

edit on 28-1-2015 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

I edited my post after you responded...My thoughts are the original non-zoomed in footage is what needs to be analyzed. The zoomed in footage could be entirely faked. However since myself and so many others are intrigued by this clip, my edited post asks to, "let's start the investigation." We can figure out what area the Big Foot might be in Lettuce Lake by looking at a map.

I would agree that more data is needed. Having the original video as it was shot, as well as specs for the camera it was shot with (even if was shot with a cell phone) would go a long way towards vetting the footage. Pinpointing the location on top of that would be even better.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Has anyone figured out, or read anywhere how big this creature was? How tall it may of been?

It could be as simple as a full grown ape of some kind. Florida is known for having animals not indigenous to the area just dumped out into the wild there once they get grown. Pythons are taking that state over. Not to mention, Tegu Lizards are too. Both are apex predators.

The illegal exotic animal scene in Florida is pretty widespread.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
If that's a suit, it's a pretty good one too, or that 'human' is very strong.

He drinks from the water with a very big hand and you can hear the slapping sound. He moves through the water easily, even though a suit would be waterlogged and carry a lot of extra weight. And when you slow motion the video using a quick start-stop on left click, you can see the suit has fingers separated, and those hands are pretty big.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
Has anyone figured out, or read anywhere how big this creature was? How tall it may of been?

It could be as simple as a full grown ape of some kind. Florida is known for having animals not indigenous to the area just dumped out into the wild there once they get grown. Pythons are taking that state over. Not to mention, Tegu Lizards are too. Both are apex predators.

The illegal exotic animal scene in Florida is pretty widespread.

This thought had occurred to me as well. It's difficult to judge the height of the creature due to the water and the foliage, and even more difficult without any clear frame of reference. But it could easily be an escaped primate of some sort. There has been some speculation that certain species have established breeding populations in florida as a result of escapes from homes where they were kept illegally, or being abandoned by their owners once they became too difficult to care for. It does sort of resemble an orangutan.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

To my knowledge this doesn't resemble any KNOWN primates other than a hairy human.

Orangutang? Post ANY photo or video you can find of an Orangutang that looks, acts, walks, behaves... like this guy.

edit on 28-1-2015 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
a reply to: MrWendal
You can hear the splashing, its a bit muffled by the other noises especially the guy in the canoe, but its there. In the zoomed part you can literally see it turn and look at the guy when he pulls the paddles into the boat and makes noise, then it slaps the water with what looks to be a stick or it could be a snake, then it gets in and walks away making noticeable and heard splashes. And it could be a snake, whatever its got in its hand is flapping around and not really straight like a stick would be while walking around in the water. I dont think it caught it while it was drinking, it probably had it in its hand the whole time before it got there.

To me, it looks like it's caught some type of animal in a trap.
It seems to grab the thing out of it then gives it a couple of whacks....as it seems to me that something is struggling in its grip......then it just drags the victim off.
The animal it has hold of doesn't look like a snake to me. It looks too big and bulky.
It would be great if someone could stablise the footage.

Best I've seen on Bigfoot !

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Not saying that's what it is definitively. Just throwing ideas out there

edit on 28-1-2015 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

To be fair, new environments have been known to change an animals habits away from their norm when outside of their natural habitat. The Florida swamps and everglades are not exactly a natural habitat for a primate. They are a fish out of water there so to speak. So naturally, they'll have to learn to adapt to their new surroundings and who knows exactly what that new adaptation would look like.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: TXRabbit
fake
the camera sway (purposely done to induce "authenticity") is a dead giveaway.

^^^ My opinion guys.

Until it's proven to be real, it's fake

He is in a boat in a swamp paddling....camera sway will happen...probably even more so if you are filming something that you have never seen before.

Yeah, and the wild "creature" doesn't see the guys or hear them banging the oars against the boat. Sure.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Its been noted in this thread that the creature does react to a few sounds that the guy in the canoe makes.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
S & F

What I cant get my head around is that it appears to be squatting down, then after slapping the water/fish/snake, it seems to lower itself from its previous position in order to stand up.

edit on 28/1/2015 by Believe_nothing because: (no reason given)

edit on 28/1/2015 by Believe_nothing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Dudes!! You gotta admit that Mark M is just too cool. I mean no ordinary person would be canoeing around in a swamp by themselves and see even a bear and not let some sound slip out of your mouth. And not only does he not comment about the bear walking around in the swamp on it's hind legs but he even starts looking around for other ones.

I admit it is quite realistic in it's effect and yet the creature seems to be walking around in a careful human sort of way. And as far as no one daring to walk around in the swamp like that.... We've all seen those guys on TV that dive into swamps and go 'find' alligators laying around so they can screw with them. And yes there are more people like him ( well maybe not as bad...but) that would easily do that. When I was young around 12-13 yr I had a cousin a few yr older then me that would walk into a pond/swamp and feel around until he would bring up a snapping turtle. This was down in NC. So yes there are people that would do it.

But now I will give what I feel is the most convincing part in favor of it being real. I noticed at the beginning of the 'scene' that the creature seems to be stomping 'at' something. Then a poster mentioned seeing what appeared to be a tail or a snake behind the creature. If it is a 'real' snake then that would be a BIG plus toward the authentic side. I looked at the video a few times but I'm unable to see clearly the tail/snake. I did catch a quick glimpse of what looked like a slithering snake glistening in the light. If it is a hoax ( which I lean heavily toward because of Mark M's nonchalance ) it is a well planned and executed example and I would give them a 4 out of a possible 5 stars.

edit on 28-1-2015 by HarryJoy because: fix typo and add

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

But what about the fact of that being a man in a suit wading around in the muck and the water? Surely that suit would get waterlogged and make movement within it inside of that swamp very difficult. Whatever that thing is, its movements were very natural and easy looking.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
After reading through all of the replies, I want to add a few thoughts.

7. Swamps are weird places, anyway. During the years we lived in the Tampa area, I saw some weird albino-looking thing, like an over-sized possum, but not a possum, cross the road, and also saw a wolf spider a good ten inches across, and no, SO not kidding or exaggerating on that one! Bad night, that! Sucker chittered at us, too, after I pegged it with a 2x4. So, swamps make for strange stuff, that mainstream science might not accept. I can believe some unknown primate, or some escaped-now-breeding population of known apes down there. Room for both.

I'd like a body, too, but suspect any and all would vanish as had so much evidence of things the establishment doesn't want to discuss has vanished in the past.

Yes, ITA. Swamps are really weird places and maybe it would be better to just stay out of them, unless you go in knowing you may see things that are not so nice...including whatever it is this person caught on video.

Looks real to me. AND more importantly, it feels real . It may not be bigfoot/skunk ape, but it sure doesn't look/feel human either.

There is a place named Gibsonton,FL that is only 18 miles from Lettuce Lake. The people that live (or lived) there from the early 1930's on called it Gibtown. It was an unusual little place because this is where Carnival and Circus people "Wintered" during the off-season.

The Circus folk had their own special zoning and special rules. I guess they carried some clout, because the population would reach 10,000 or more during the Winter months. One of the "special" zoning rules allowed them to keep the exotic animals from the circus acts (including Gorillas and Monkeys - see where this is going *wink*) in temporary enclosures right in front of their own temporary trailer homes.

So let's say one night the Carney's have a few too many (pure speculation, but hey they are Carney's) and Bonzo the great ape slip slides away and finds a friend in the swamps between Gibtown and Lettuce Lake. Twenty years pass and people in the area start to see things - Skunk Ape is born.

Ape, Bigfoot, Half Ape/Half Bigfoot? Whatever it is, Matt M.'s video appears to be the real deal. He doesn't have to prove what the thing is in the video. He just needs to prove the video was shot in good faith. Good Luck Matt - Sincerely.

Anyway, just a theory. Really fun thread no matter what!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

If you used a wet suit with some light weight non-absorbent material for costume/suit you could move about unhindered. But both the creature and the filmer seem too calm for the situation. I just can't believe that anyone could be that calm...unless they knew what/who it was. As I said though...if it could be proven that what the subject stomped at and then picked up was a real snake it would be STRONG evidence in favor of it being real. But even then I have personally known men ( My oldest brother for one ) that would pick up poison snakes in the wild ( but not that quickly and easily) If it is a real snake and a hoax...those boys need an award.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   

I was there watching it for a while. Seemed to notice me and walked toward deeper water. It went underwater and vanished. Paddled up there and it was nowhere to be seen.

But in the video when he pans left he says something like, "come on let's go" as if they were leaving the area, not paddling further up to investigate. If they did paddle up to investigate like they said, where is the video of that?

And watching for a while? One minute of film is a while?

Another poster mentioned the way the creature gingerly entered the water, I think it looks like a man in a monkey suit. The filmer and the creature are in on it. IMO people are just seeing what they want to see, confirmation bias.

Or maybe I have confirmation bias because I am skeptical?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I'm gonna have a look this weekend if weather permits...
there is a spot if you go up river, a log covering the creek, that is hard to get over..its not far upstream....its just north-e of the last boardwalk...

I'm willing to bet these guys didn't get all the way up there, by the sloppy/noisy oar work, they didnt seem real experienced.

When you get in at the ramp, you go right, or north, the city is to the left, or downstream...this leaves the actual search area pretty small😄 the video looks like a pretty wide area which should help narrow down the search as well, the rest is a long, skinny creek about 20' or less wide and 3' deep, but it does have some offshoots like the vid...I've laid down in some waist deep holes in the creek where the water was clear, to cool off, but they are not common. This looks exactly like the park, but they all look like this, so its tough to verify location. I will post some pics.

On a more serious note...Does anyone know the proper dosage of roofees for a 400lb skunk ape, so he doesn't go
all Harry and the Henderson's on the car ride home?😜

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join