It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin says she’s ‘seriously interested’ in 2016 campaign

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: neo96

If the establishment was smart, they'd have put their eggs in the either the Rubio or Jindal basket. Then they negate the old White Man charges. Of course, the media has already invented the "White Hispanic" label with the Zimmerman case, so I expect they'd resurrect it for Rubio even though it's harder to tack it believably onto a guy with a name like Rubio. Zimmerman at least sounded white for the public perception. Got to love the media racism.

I dunno.

Don't like either of those guys either.

If the GOP continues playing moderate.

Stick a Fork in them.

They're done.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Oh good.
A guaranteed win for Hillary.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpaDe_

While Palin is a flake most of the time, at least she isn't a 2 time loser or a Bush. Just my .02

That's correct. Only a onetime loser and a quitter during her tenure as Gov. of AK. Somehow that only ads to her appeal among those of us that see her as a political sex object and genuine American icon.

edit on 24-1-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Palin is only setting herself up for an endorsement of whatever candidate happens to become the GOP front runner. Even though she is not the sharpest tool in the GOP shed, she does have a following and is still sentimental to the Tea Party leftovers. Her endorsement for whoever, when the time comes, will add a couple of points to their numbers.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I like Jindal somewhat, but I'd want him as second fiddle to a more conservative voice. He's done some good stuff in LA as their governor.

But I wasn't pointing out people to like as candidates with those two names, I was pointing out how the GOP Establishment should be playing smart demographic games with electable candidates inside their purview. That they picked Bush and Romney tells me they have no serious intention of even trying to win.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Palin's a tool like the rest of the politicians. If you still have any faith in the system you're being duped. Can't wait till the next election to see what the people will fall for.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
What could she run as? Chief cook and bottle washer? Lol. No she'll fracture the party if she does and they won't let her do that. But it would make an interesting primary no?

PS how's your pup doing?a reply to: Ektar

edit on 1242015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I am having a tough time getting behind anyone right now.

Wish there was some third option.

link   
She won't run. She made similar noises in 2011 and when she failed to stick her head above the parapet she lost the support of Roger Ailes. She's a publicity-seeking, money-loving twit, with far, far, too much baggage to get anywhere near the White House. I'd actually love her to run. Afterwards, in the wreckage of her career, no-one would ever commission another sodding reality TV show of her life.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

If you weren't forced to watch it, what do you care?

Sometimes, it's like someone actually comes to your house and forces all you lefties to sit and watch the things you complain about because they simply exist.

You know what? I can't stand Rachael Maddow and Bill Mahr, but I don't spend my time complaining about how someone gave them air time on TV somewhere. I just don't bother to watch them. It's a great thing that remote control.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
She won't win, but people will be so caught up in hating her that they might ignore the more serious and credible candidate until it's too late to destroy them.

Are you saying these people are haters?

Sarah Palin is so funny! There's a new picture of her holding a sign that says, "F-You, Michael Moore" (with the actual word minus the k) I wonder who would want a president that would talk like that? The religious right?

The Sign

I hope she runs. I think it would be very entertaining and a year of laughter would be great.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Yes they do. I am talking about people who spent endless time obsessing over her special needs son and whether or not he was actually hers.

Or the ones who cried about animal abuse when she posted a photo of her son and the dog, but they voted for a man who admitted he ate dog.

The ones who thought it was endlessly funny to hear about how Letterman zinged her daughter with jokes of A-Rod raping her in the stands.

You know, those people.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: neo96
Pretty tough for the left to play the sexist card if Palin runs.

So her qualification is that she has ovaries?

What were Obama's qualifications when he announced his candidacy, Trep? I ask that seriously... I'm not talking about his ideas, because all presidential candidates, regardless of qualifications, have a basketfull of ideas. I'm talking about his qualifications. His only qualification was that he represented "something different" than standard operating procedure. That's exactly what Sarah Palin would represent in 2016. Not saying I'd want to see her as president, but she's got about as much business running with her ovaries in 2016 as Obama had running with his father's dreams in 2008.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

B b but Hope...and Change!!

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

There's another option. Democrat. Don't be afraid to look forward.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
I'd actually love her to run. Afterwards, in the wreckage of her career, no-one would ever commission another sodding reality TV show of her life.

Don't bet on that amigo. Sarah has a loyal following of fan boys and I'm proud as punch to consider myself among them.

It's not often we get a chance to see dadaesque art and politics merge into a presentation of a new experiential form of....something...

What ever it is.....it's American, red blooded, patriotic and batsh!t crazy. How can anyone not love that combination?

edit on 24-1-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Not half as funny as Pelosi's gavel, and Clinton 'We're dead broke'.

Second verse.

edit on 24-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

There's another option. Democrat. Don't be afraid to look forward.

It will be a COLD DAY IN HELL.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
There's a new picture of her holding a sign that says, "F-You, Michael Moore" (with the actual word minus the k) I wonder who would want a president that would talk like that?

...apparently anybody who voted for Obama while considering Joe Biden is second in charge. Biden has had a handful of F-bombs caught on tape and, by all reports, talks like a longshoreman on a bender. Personally, who cares? It isn't the 1950s anymore... I'm a lot more concerned about what presidents are doing behind the scenes than I am about whatever colorful language they may use.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join