It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine crisis: Rockets 'kill 20' in Mariupol

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

At least 20 people have been killed and dozens injured in rocket attacks by pro-Russian rebels in eastern Ukraine's government-held port of Mariupol, police there say.

Grad rockets hit a market in a residential eastern area, the police chief said.

The main eastern Ukraine rebel leader said an offensive against Mariupol had begun, RIA news agency reported.

Ukraine crisis: Rockets 'kill 20' in Mariupol

We often see from the pro-Russian crowd - the ones who say Russia didn't start the War and never invaded Ukraine - say that they are only defending the civilians from indiscriminate attack by Government forces - despite the fact rebels routinely use civilian area's to fire from - but what do they say about this?

The rebel commander has stated an offensive has begun, so no denial of the attack and that they have "no interest in peace talks".

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I am sure someone will come along and blame the Nwo,cia, illuminati false flag..

Oh and of course America
edit on 24-1-2015 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
I am sure someone will come along and blame the Nwo,cia, illuminati false flag..

Oh and of course America

As long as there is a youtube vid I can dig it

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Actually they did deny it...

Interfax news agency quoted the defence ministry of the rebel Donetsk People's Republic as denying involvement.

"This is blatant misinformation and a lie. Rebel forces did not open any fire in the direction of Mariupol, especially not on residential areas," it was quoted as saying.

So it's really "he said, she said"...

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Well I didn't expect them to admit it. At the same time the alternative is that the government forces launched rockets at a city they control for... reasons.
edit on 1/24/2015 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I speak Russian and Ukrainian, and in most of the videos I've seen about these shellings have civilians decrying the Ukrainians. It really is a he said she said kind of situation with no clear evidence on either side.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: stevenbond
It really is a he said she said kind of situation with no clear evidence on either side.

The market is in a city fully controlled by Ukraine. There hasn't been any fighting in the city until today. The bombing happened along with a full scale separatist attack. But that doesn't mean anything if a denial is issued.

Yup, the Ukrainians are bombing their own people over and over! Keep dreaming!

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
[MOD Edit: Graphic video]
www.youtube.com...

A 16 minute video of the shelling of Mariupol today.

Some scenes are graphic!

Look at the end of the video around 14 min mark they start to speak english to one another.

edit on 24-1-2015 by _BoneZ_ because: Video embed removed and link added.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
My brother in laws family lives in mariupol and they've been hitting the bomb shelters aka the basements of those Soviet apartment buildings since June so what you're telling me just isn't true. Theres a HUGE info war going on on both sides and if you don't have all the available news sources you might have a different picture in your head than what's really going on over there.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
So in other words there really is no real idea who the perps were then?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Who did it who dun it...
The real question is why.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Looks like Russia isn't going to take NATO expansion lying down anymore. Good on them, Putin needs to take out the whole coast so Kiev becomes landlocked. Only then will he have control over Kiev before it becomes just another NATO/EU colony stolen from Russia. NATO once served its purpose, now it just takes the piss in a landgrab against Russia and its interests.

As soon as I heard that Porkyshenko was in Tel Aviv days before taking the reigns of power it was like wtf, come on the BBC never told us that one, never said he was dealing with TPTB, let's get honest the whole supposed spontaneous uprising don't make me laugh, total crap. The hand of an outside influence more like

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I think it would be a good idea for NAF to encircle and cut off Mariupol from any Kiev supplies and forces. Only food and medical type civilian items be allowed through. No need for full scale frontal invasion. That can result in lots of destruction in the city.

After encircling Mariupol, NAF should proceed to Odessa region and link up with Crimea. With no help coming from outside the cut off Ukrops in Mariupol will have no choice but to surrender and would be glad to have come out alive from an important battle point.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Looks like Russia isn't going to take NATO expansion lying down anymore.

It's amazing that certain people think that Russia has the authority to tell another nation what they can do, and who they can associate with.

Only then will he have control over Kiev before it becomes just another NATO/EU colony stolen from Russia.

Except you seem to forget that Ukraine is not part of Russia and hasn't been since the 90's, so how is anything being stolen from them?

NATO once served its purpose, now it just takes the piss in a landgrab against Russia and its interests.

What land grab are you talking about, as NATO isn't something that takes land...Which is something Russia has been trying to do as of late.

As soon as I heard that Porkyshenko was in Tel Aviv days before taking the reigns of power it was like wtf, come on the BBC never told us that one

Probably because it didn't happen, but feel free to provide a source that backs your claims.

let's get honest the whole supposed spontaneous uprising don't make me laugh, total crap. The hand of an outside influence more like

Who said they were spontaneous, as the uprising was starting to take shape in 2013 when Yanukovytch decided to snub the EU thanks to the strong arming by Russia.

www.bbc.com...

The hand of an outside influence more like

Or the hand of those tired of the corruption and lying done by their own President.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Ukraine has always been part of Moscows orbit, lots longer than most of the USA has been under the control of Washington.

Oh and Porkyshenko was in Tel Aviv a couple of days before the takings the reigns of power. You do know Ukraines business is controlled from Tel Aviv don't you? People like Seeon Mogilevich control Ukraine from Tel Aviv. Many of the latest politicians just happen to be Jewish or of Jewish descent, Timoshenko Porkyshenko Yatseyuk etc all Jewish, Mogilevich controls along with many other mafia bosses in Tel Aviv

Haaretz good enough for you? Days before 'taking the reigns' lol www.haaretz.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

People like Seeon Mogilevich control Ukraine from Tel Aviv. Many of the latest politicians just happen to be Jewish or of Jewish descent, Timoshenko Porkyshenko Yatseyuk etc all Jewish, Mogilevich controls along with many other mafia bosses in Tel Aviv

The pro-Putin team really needs to get on the same page. Is Ukraine being run by Jews or Nazis?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Forget the peasants in the Nazi dreamland. The people who control big business largely live in Tel Aviv. Hey and did I say Jewish? Many only have scant Jewish descent, some even bought the papers to make Tel Aviv their base like so many Israeli Russians. But Israel became their base for business operations. Why was Porkyshenko in Tel Aviv days before taking power in Kiev? Come on tell me.................. You think he was there for the sun?

a reply to: Xcalibur254

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Oh and of course America

As a matter of fact I will

US should have never financially and politically supported a coup in Ukraine to install puppet Kiev government, US government is a modern day Roman Empire.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Isn't it too bad that Eastern Ukrainians can actually defend themselves

How too bad it must be for you that they don't simply roll over and die for US agenda.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join