It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Future Drug Makes 8 Hours Seem Like 1000 Years!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

Actually you could make a life sentace mean something.

You could have one life sentance for each person murdered.

Kill one person and you get one life sentance of 120 years.

Kill 2 and you get 240

To me that sound fair.

Better than murderes walkingnout of prison after 20 years.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Fine, first destroy their psyche, then execute them when there is nothing left.
But i must admit, i DO enjoy watching paedos and rapists suffer.

edit on 23-1-2015 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I could warm up to that idea.

Someone like this guy could actually get what he deserves.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: infinityorder

The concept/idea of this has been in sci-fi and various forms of fantasy for a very long time. There is nothing wrong or unusual for philosophers and scholars to contemplate or discuss the implementation of such future technologies.(possible)

In fact, I am grateful that people are are weighing the implications and contemplating the moral dilemma's of such long before such technologies become a reality.

SciFi...pure conjecture, philosophy, same thing.

Science..." What would happen if we made a gas that kills people enmass" " maybe we could eradiate milk and give it for free to "retards" to find out its effects on the human body" " maybe we should give blacks syphilous to see how it kills you" ......etc.....

Talking about is fine...once science begins trying it, it either is or will be done.

Very large difference.

Nobody should be forced to live in hell for many lifetimes, our psychology is barely enough for one, most old folks are ready to die by the time they are very old.

Good news because the article is about.

Philosopher Rebecca Roache is in charge of a team of scholars focused upon the ways futuristic technologies might transform punishment.

So you can rest easy knowing the article hasn't said anyone is developing them but people are talking about the implications if they are.

Thank ( insert imaginary entity of your choice here).

Speaking pure conjecture here....still though, what kind of monster would even suggest such a thing?

I can sit here comfortably and entertain torturing someone for arguments sake under the worst...beyond gerbels( didn't spell the Nazi pukes name right I am sure) methods beyond days, let's say weeks even in abject pain and suffering of an order not ever before experienced in the history of human history.

But this...even entertaining the thought....it is beyond torture....it is beyond anything even gerbels( alreay mentioned I couldn't spell the evil sob name) ability to imagine suffering.

This is sick incarnate.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   

a reply to: crazyewok

I could warm up to that idea.

Someone like this guy could actually get what he deserves.

Exactly

1 life sentance is not enough for any more than one murder.

Imagine the terrorists behind 911

edit on 23-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   

a reply to: FormOfTheLord

What sicko would even think that making a lifer serve millions of tears in prison is OK?

If that isn't the worst form of torture ever imagined I don't know what is.

I think the mass murderer is far less sick in the head than anyone who would even contemplate this.

Isn't this where we already are?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Sounds like the drug from the movie Dredd.
Sounds trippy and kinda cool in theory or in movies but the real world implications are utterly terrifying!!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

what kind of monster would even suggest such a thing?

I don't know, but the first sci-fi novel that I read which had such a thing was written back in the 1950s.

As far as it being inhumane I may disagree because I kind of like what crazyewok said.

Kill one person and get 120 years kill 2 get 240 years if someone is a mass murderer they will endure thousands of years.

Honestly, it sounds fair to me.

Am I supposed to feel sorry for those types? Well, I don't.

I think crimes like that would go on the decline real fast.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Kill 2 and you get 240

To me that sound fair.

That is very true - Child rapists, mass murderers and truly suck depraved killers could probably do with this drug.
But that's emotion talking, by doing this then really you're just being as ugly and twisted, rather than punishment it becomes torture.
edit on 23-1-2015 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: stargatetravels

originally posted by: crazyewok

Kill 2 and you get 240

To me that sound fair.

That is very true - Child rapists, mass murderers and truly suck depraved killers could probably do with this drug.
But that's emotion talking, by doing this then really you're just being as ugly and twisted, rather than punishment it becomes torture.

I dont know. One life sentance for one life taken sounds fair to me.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

a reply to: FormOfTheLord

What sicko would even think that making a lifer serve millions of tears in prison is OK?

If that isn't the worst form of torture ever imagined I don't know what is.

I think the mass murderer is far less sick in the head than anyone who would even contemplate this.

Isn't this where we already are?

Just kill the dog, don't revel and take joy in its agony.

This is so wrong to even consider.

Send chomos to get gang raped by herbaghonasyphilidousaids infested inmates for 30 years...OK I'm game.

Torturing a mind way past the time it is gone........

That is the sickest form the human mind can achieve.

The darkest circles of hell( if such an imaginary construct could even exist) would be less bad.

On top of the fact Americas awesome justice system convicts innocent people all the time....how many convictions of truly " evil" people have been overturned in the last 20 years?

Just kill them, don't got to the worst possible extreme of evil imaginable.

This only makes otherwise reasonable people like wok much worse than the offender.

If a chomo rapes and tortures a kid for 3 weeks, that is only 3 weeks.

Yes they deserve to suffer and die....but really for thousands or even millions of years?

That is beyond evil, that is heresy to life and intelligent thought itself.

It can not be done and have those doing it not trade their souls to the devil.

God( if you believe such a thing) made death the ultimate punishment for a reason......your suffering would finally end.
edit on 23-1-2015 by infinityorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Imagine the 100 year orgasm, might discover that Rich had a point.

Consider the thaught of being raped for 100 years. 1000 years to die in agony from cancer.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Has anyone seen the Black Mirror Christmas special? There is a very similar concept, except that's it's a digital copy of your personality which is stored and can be made to experience time at any rate by the flick of a switch.

I won't say anymore because of spoilers. But it's pretty disturbing to say the least.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
NERRRRD moment. After reading this I thought deep and hard, I projected myself into space and found myself on a planet I was 9 miles from a man named o'brien who had been...

Oh wait, this is science spanning from scifi TV. An idea which was in Deep Space 9 many moons ago:

en.memory-alpha.org...

Miles o'brien forced to serve a 20 year sentence in 8 hours and it was a big no no in that so with with that mound of evidence I here by decree that Im amazing and should be given a medal of some sort

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: James1982
This is psychological torture and any sane person would be against it. Prison is supposed to accomplish two things: Protect society from dangerous people, and rehabilitate people so they can reintegrate into society. This does neither, and in fact in counterproductive. What is the point of having a person serve 1,000 years in 8 hours, just to release them into society an entirely broken human being? Are they TRYING to encourage the inmates to break with reality and harm people once released? This is totally absurd.

If someone did something so bad you think they deserve to serve a 1,000 year sentence then grow a pair and just execute them with a firing squad. I'll never understand these types that think they are being progressive and civilized by figuring out new ways to torture people.

Oh yes, we'd be MUCH better off with women running things. This woman is a shining example that sick people come in all genital configurations and instead of fighting against the opposite sex we need to fight against maniacs like this sorry excuse for a skin sack. Not to mention the author who writes the article in such a light manner, it's all incredibly disturbing and the fact that the disturbing nature isn't commented on makes it even more so. Seriously, humans, what are we doing? Why not just start sticking garden hoses with barbed wire up people's butts, since suddenly horrific torture of prisoners is such a light subject.

I think she should be the first person to test it.

The arrogance of modern peoples to think those in older times were more barbaric. Crucifixion is more humane than what this bozo woman is suggesting.

Actually, if someone commits a crime like murder and there is no valid reason as to why they murdered (survival, self defense, etc) then they should be punished. Don't execute them because then you're giving them a way out and is kinda like forgiving them.

Instead they should suffer for taking away a life for no reason. That Is a life that, that person will never have back. You should lose your life for taking a life for no reason. But lose as in be punished.

The drug is a perfect way to punish those that commit such crimes.

The only problem I see here though is that it will be abused and used on people who have committed small crimes or crimes that aren't as big as murder.
edit on 23-1-2015 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Just to expand on the OP...

They aren't talking about making someone serve a 1,000 year sentence... They are talking about the potential.

What this means, is if the max remains 30 years, then that sentence can be served in about 15 minutes.
The cost of the tax payer would be near nothing compared to what is done now.

However, considering that this would majorly increase their mental capacity, serving 30 years in a motionless non responsive body would be torture.
Mind numbingly so that I am sure they would go insane.

But it also begs the question, if they speed up the mental capacity for processing information, I wonder then if the body would react faster and the person would be able to move faster?

Interesting concept, but until they can put the persons mind into a 'Matrix', then serving out 30 years in your mind while you stare at a blank wall is not humane.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sovaka
then serving out 30 years in your mind while you stare at a blank wall is not humane.

They still deserve it if they take another life for no proper cause, or commit acts against humanity or the well being of life in general.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
surely then can they speed up also great for work

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo

originally posted by: James1982
This is psychological torture and any sane person would be against it. Prison is supposed to accomplish two things: Protect society from dangerous people, and rehabilitate people so they can reintegrate into society. This does neither, and in fact in counterproductive. What is the point of having a person serve 1,000 years in 8 hours, just to release them into society an entirely broken human being? Are they TRYING to encourage the inmates to break with reality and harm people once released? This is totally absurd.

If someone did something so bad you think they deserve to serve a 1,000 year sentence then grow a pair and just execute them with a firing squad. I'll never understand these types that think they are being progressive and civilized by figuring out new ways to torture people.

Oh yes, we'd be MUCH better off with women running things. This woman is a shining example that sick people come in all genital configurations and instead of fighting against the opposite sex we need to fight against maniacs like this sorry excuse for a skin sack. Not to mention the author who writes the article in such a light manner, it's all incredibly disturbing and the fact that the disturbing nature isn't commented on makes it even more so. Seriously, humans, what are we doing? Why not just start sticking garden hoses with barbed wire up people's butts, since suddenly horrific torture of prisoners is such a light subject.

I think she should be the first person to test it.

The arrogance of modern peoples to think those in older times were more barbaric. Crucifixion is more humane than what this bozo woman is suggesting.

Actually, if someone commits a crime like murder and there is no valid reason as to why they murdered (survival, self defense, etc) then they should be punished. Don't execute them because then you're giving them a way out and is kinda like forgiving them.

Instead they should suffer for taking away a life for no reason. That Is a life that, that person will never have back. You should lose your life for taking a life for no reason. But lose as in be punished.

The drug is a perfect way to punish those that commit such crimes.

The only problem I see here though is that it will be abused and used on people who have committed small crimes or crimes that aren't as big as murder.

Wtf!!????

Mods really!!??

So it is ok to kill someone by cutting them thousands of times then pouring lemon juice on the wounds then cauterizing the wounds while giving them blood transfusions and drugs to keep them awake?

Because they killed someone?

Lions kill gazelles all the time, they deserve this?

All life kills life all the time everywhere around you.

But if a human kills a human they deserve to suffer unnatural uninteded forms of torture?

You sir are effed the EFF up in the mind.

Pray you don't accidently kill someone.

Quoting the bible here( I am not religious mind you but it does have real world logic).

" and you shall be judged by the same measure you use to judge others"

Don't accidently be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Wow...just wow!!!?????

ATS!!!?????

Really!!!!?????

edit on 23-1-2015 by infinityorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I will test it. where do I sign up for this. I

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join