It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic State throws men off building for ‘being gay’

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

There haven't been any excuses that I've seen, but rather people attempting to find a psychological reason for the behavior. One crowd in one town does not speak for one billion, I thought that was already covered? Do the fundamentalist Christians in Africa beating & killing gays there speak for ALL Christians? That's on the rise over there and doesn't appear to be slowing down any. Christians aren't far from their own semblance of ISIS popping up if that's left as unchecked as Islamic fundamentalism (actually, it already has a foothold, considering certain brutal African Christian rebel groups in general)

What is really pissing me off is the Can Do No Wrong stance prevalent here. Western Christians live in a damned bubble, thinking North American, and to an extent, European Christians are the be all, end all example of their religious group. They're not. There's some pretty awful stuff going on in Christian countries on other continents, they refuse to acknowledge or admit it.
In the opinion of many in this thread, there's no excuse for a Muslim in America or England to not stand up and rebuke the evils of the hardcore fundies they have nothing to do with half the world away, so why the hell do Christians get the free pass? The exact same sentiment should apply to anyone who holds a bible as much as it does to one with a Koran.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Usually I have to take long breaks from here for the reason you are stating. Sometimes it's the left extremists that piss me off, but mostly it's right wing christians that make me want to put my fist through the screen, so I take a break of a week or more. Too much toxicity is not good for you.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

I think it fuels me. I like pointing out the errors in faulty reasoning. Funnily enough, my no nonsense attitude gets me called everything. Right now I'm a liberal Muslim or whatever, but back during the mass shooting scares, I was a conservative gun nut.
edit on 19-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

Just like it would seem like most sane rational people would stand up for the killings outlined in the op but the truth is they cheered and now you have bunches of people here claiming they had no choice but to cheer. I will no longer under estimate what some will allow to happen.

Maybe, just maybe they were cheering because they were forced to, out of fear, much like citizens in North Korea must display uniform behaviours....

...or maybe not.

I don't know. All I do know is that it saddens me greatly that people try to impose their wills on other people through violence and fear. This is a global problem.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: butcherguy

Fair enough. I'll drop it. At least some on ATS are still able to deny ignorance. It's a shame that many of the bigots are driving away the older posters, we need rationality now more than ever.

bigots driving away other members?

perhaps it is all the apoligist here covering for everyone in a town cheering the death of people?

perhaps it is all the i am right and you are wrong science crowd that has stunted all talk of anything not known or currently accepted by so called debunkers that defend ignorrance because they are too far caught up in the lies?

hard to believe isn't it?

Just mad because we speak up at all, and I am far from right wing, and I haven't seen any bigotry

edit on 023131p://bMonday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

It seems that from your own words you feel that you would be happier if my views were silenced and that i am the root of your problems.

Leave it to a believer in the religion of science to bring evolution into a debate of muslims cheering the death of gays.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

It seems that from your own words you feel that you would be happier if my views were silenced and that i am the root of your problems.

Leave it to a believer in the religion of science to bring evolution into a debate of muslims cheering the death of gays.

Exactly see my above post, the fact of the matter is it is the Christians that don't post anymore.

edit on 023131p://bMonday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

You see this? THIS is distorting my words. I never said anything of the sort, nor did I suggest this was the case. What would make me happier is if you'd listen to reason and not use the same logical fallacies over and over again to make your points and actually used legitimate debate tactics. I don't care if we disagree, I just want your opinion to come from a rational mindset. I won't talk about Creationism fallacies, because that is offtopic, but you know what I am talking about.

Nevermind... There you go with the fallacies. Whatever, I'll save this barb for another topic.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

I had that thought then i looked deeper into it. They were not being forced to cheer. The fake cheering in north korea is a great example of what fake cheering looks like and this was not like it.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Just mad because we speak up at all, and I am far from right wing, and I haven't seen any bigotry

OMG, seriously? You don't see the anti-Muslim attitude growing on ATS at all? According to ATS members, Muslims in general are evil world-dominance seeking, rapist-promoting archaic neanderthals. They all should prostrate at everyone's feet, beg for forgiveness for things they never did (remember, there's a billion and fundies are a minority) and be grateful we let them live amongst spiffy Westerners at all.

I'd go so far as to say we're a little beyond bigotry at this point on ATS. Muslims are obviously viewed as second-class things, if given that much at all.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I was surprised to see you specifically pointed at me as being someone driving away members.

I have always kept my threads in the skunk works sectiion.

I have a whole set of views that are proven to me to be true and they show that science is false in many ways.

Overall the tactics of what you are calling bigotery in this thread is just the exact formula being used to push the religion of science.

The crazy part is that i respect science for what it is and is doing to the world but that tears at my heart because deep down i hate lies.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

What can I say, at the end of the day it is embracing ignorance. Though when I called you out for driving away members, it wasn't due to your Creationist beliefs. It was due to threads like these that try to paint all Muslims as people who condone terrorism.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I find it hard to reply to you because you challenge my beliefs and i think it is a good thing. You have some actual substance behind your thoughts but i do find the finger pointing you do to be as helpful as the finger pointing i do.

I find a distinct difference between christians in the us and them in africa and my pov is coming from here and not there.

I do not find it the same at all because the koran is flawed where the bible is clear about murder and hate.

Do you understand that from all i know about the koran i find it to be a tool that can used to spread violence whereever it is and those trying to stand against it have no leg to stand on because the calls for violence are clearly worded in the current accepted version.

What the peaceful muslims do is they twist the word in a way that hides the meaning of the violence found within and the exact opposite is being done to the bible cause they have to twist and ignore the word and death of our savior in order to get to a false message of violence within.

The problem that is being ignored are the repeated attacks on christians and the us by muslims that are interputing the message of big mo correctly. Once the numbers grow the attacks will increase here and the peaceful ones will still be cheering.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Yes that is my belief that muslims condone terrorism by ignorrance or acceptance.

As i laid out in other post here is the truth of the two.

A good muslim abiding accuratly according to the koran is a violent muslim.

A good christian abiding accuratly according to the scriptures is a non violent christian.

that is the absolute truth of the two.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

OMG, seriously? You don't see the anti-Muslim attitude growing on ATS at all? According to ATS members, Muslims in general are evil world-dominance seeking, rapist-promoting archaic neanderthals. They all should prostrate at everyone's feet, beg for forgiveness for things they never did (remember, there's a billion and fundies are a minority) and be grateful we let them live amongst spiffy Westerners at all.

I'd go so far as to say we're a little beyond bigotry at this point on ATS. Muslims are obviously viewed as second-class things, if given that much at all.

You call reality anti- muslim attitude ? What is that crowd is doing down there ? No way in the West crowd like this will watch and stood still.

benswann.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

You call reality anti- muslim attitude ? What is that crowd doing down there ? No way in the West crowd like this will watch and stood still.

benswann.com...
edit on 19-1-2015 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Yes that is my belief that muslims condone terrorism by ignorrance or acceptance.

And that is fallacious. Should I start blaming all Christians for not speaking out against the Christian terrorists that fire bomb abortion clinics?

As i laid out in other post here is the truth of the two.

A good muslim abiding accuratly according to the koran is a violent muslim.

WRONG! Though don't let me tell you, here is a website and Muslim telling you you are wrong. Debunking The Myth That The Quran Endorses Violence.

A good christian abiding accuratly according to the scriptures is a non violent christian.

Then explain the actions of the Christian right against Muslims. If you guys are about peace, why are we talking about warring against terrorism? Why aren't we talking about just peacefully "turning the other cheek" whenever a terrorist strikes?

I believe that the scripture outlines what you said, but I'd be hard pressed to find a true Christian, going by your criteria, from the Christian right. Including yourself.

that is the absolute truth of the two.

Absolute truth in your eyes. Though reality disagrees with you.
edit on 19-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

and i can point you too many sites that prove and outline the calls for violence in the koran.

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

www.answering-islam.org...

After understanding these calls for violence exist in the koran and that in the bible there is an overwhelming call for not killing folks found in the new testament that was written by jesus through the hand of many different followers the next place to look is at the words used and the future intent of the religions.

There is a plan to wipe several countries off the face of the earth. There are calls to kill every infedel alive today and that is you unless you accept shria law. When we get attact after attack led by that book then at some point it becomes clear that those verses are a driving force.

I know what jesus told me but the truth is that i will burn in hell before i watch you or any of the rest of those confused be thrown off a building. I can protect my surroundings and i can speak out against what i see as the problem. I can pray that many hearts are turned to the lord but some things are outta my hands.

As far as the violence in africa and other countries done by so called christians i would love to get the chance to debate them over their clear misconceptions they are getting from the bible.

I am very sorry that when a group calls for your death and others of the same group pretend to hid and wit i am sorry that i am gonna call it like i see it. They want you and just about every member of ats dead. They may not do the deed them selves but they will not stop the ones that will and they just may cheer for your death.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

and i can point you too many sites that prove and outline the calls for violence in the koran.

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

www.answering-islam.org...

Ahhh but I can do the same for Christians and the bible. So your point here is moot. You aren't a Muslim, so how can you speak to what their book truly says and doesn't say? Isn't that the argument that Christians use against non-Christians when we try to speak about contradictions and paradoxes in it?

After understanding these calls for violence exist in the koran and that in the bible there is an overwhelming call for not killing folks found in the new testament that was written by jesus through the hand of many different followers the next place to look is at the words used and the future intent of the religions.

You are cherry picking quotes from both scriptures to support your narrative.

There is a plan to wipe several countries off the face of the earth. There are calls to kill every infedel alive today and that is you unless you accept shria law. When we get attact after attack led by that book then at some point it becomes clear that those verses are a driving force.

Attack after attack that does the amount of damage comparable to a beesting to the first world?

I know what jesus told me but the truth is that i will burn in hell before i watch you or any of the rest of those confused be thrown off a building. I can protect my surroundings and i can speak out against what i see as the problem. I can pray that many hearts are turned to the lord but some things are outta my hands.

Truly spoken like someone who has never REALLY feared for their lives or the lives of their loves ones and been in a dangerous situation. You have no idea what you would or wouldn't do in the situation in the OP. You may THINK you'd do such and such, but the when cards are on the table, that is when you find out what you are really made of.

As far as the violence in africa and other countries done by so called christians i would love to get the chance to debate them over their clear misconceptions they are getting from the bible.

I'm sure there are many Muslims that feel the same way towards the extremists, but you've already written them off.

I am very sorry that when a group calls for your death and others of the same group pretend to hid and wit i am sorry that i am gonna call it like i see it. They want you and just about every member of ats dead. They may not do the deed them selves but they will not stop the ones that will and they just may cheer for your death.

There are many people in the world that want me dead. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it until they actually pose a credible threat to me and mine though.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It's funny, most rightwingers getting their knowledge of the quran from other rightwing christians, instead of picking up a good translation, and reading it and attempting to understand it themselves. Then again a lot of them do the same with the bible too lol, why expect them to read and understand someone else's beliefs, when they don't even read their own book like a human being. They just read snippets here and there on sunday, or better yet, let some preacher do it for them, instead of going cover to cover like a book is supposed to be read.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join