It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic State throws men off building for ‘being gay’

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah if this was aimed at me I am not Christian in the slightest I follow no religion for religion is a tool to create wars and to create divides and that is all it is good for. until humans as a species learn to live without fear of death their will always be religion

edit on 19-1-2015 by sheepy01 because: punctuation

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Nyiah

Man, you Christians are asshats, really.

If you had said that SOME Christians are asshats, I would have no problem agreeing with you. Just like some Muslims are asshats, some atheists are asshats.... and so on.

Way to nitpick, considering the overall tone of the thread. Where my opening sentence was directed should have been quite obvious with all the high & mighty holier-than-thou trumpeting going on.

Let's try again, to make you happy:

Man, you Christians in this thread are asshats, really.

Happy now?
edit on 1/19/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Happy now?

I wasn't unhappy before.

Way to nitpick, considering the overall tone of the thread.

Me, calling out your making a blanket statement that is false about all of the members of an entire religion is 'nitpicking'? That is comical. Now I am even happier, thank you.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Happy now?

I wasn't unhappy before.

Way to nitpick, considering the overall tone of the thread.

Me, calling out your making a blanket statement that is false about all of the members of an entire religion is 'nitpicking'? That is comical. Now I am even happier, thank you.

Really? Funny, the blanket statements about Muslims sure have been flying left & right throughout the thread. I could have sworn that was doing exactly what you're accusing to an entire religion in that instance also. Not accusing you of doing it, you did point out the Kurds standing up, however, you didn't exactly stand up to anyone taking the blanket approach to billions of people. But me calling out the Christians participating as hypocrites is blanketing the entire following. Ok, sure.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

But me calling out the Christians participating as hypocrites is blanketing the entire following. Ok, sure.

Might be similar to a black man attending a demonstration against police brutality when there is a black person that is the target of the brutality, but staying home when a white person has been beaten to death by cops?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirsWhen this starts happening in the Western World where millions of Muslims live peacefully, maybe I'll agree with you.

Does a 50 year old woman tied to a tree and beaten in a Muslim compound in upstate ny meet your criteria?

kafircrusaders.wordpress.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

You mean like demonizing an entire religion for the terrorist actions of a few?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick
Are you sure they aren't catholic? Oh wait, catholics just WANT to do it, they don't though.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You mean like demonizing an entire religion for the terrorist actions of a few?

I hope you don't feel like you just come out with some breakthrough.
I don't think that all Muslims are terrorists.

And yes, it is exactly like that.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

But one thing i think we can all agree on is that there are asshats across the board, in all religions and non-religions, in all countries, of genders and races (if there even is such a thing as race), in economic classes, of all political beliefs, and so on. Sometimes they all just happen to congregate in one place and get really loud. In the end it's really just about ego.

Fair statement?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Momof7

Does a 50 year old Muslim woman tied to a tree and being beaten meet the criteria of equivalency to Gay people being thrown off a roof?

Forgive me, but I'll have to say no...

Not because I condone it...
Mainly because it cannot be verified & one sentence out of a whole article making that claim is hardly evidence.

Again, forgive me for being sceptical!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

That's not what I said. I specifically said demonizing them all for the terrorist actions of a few. Things like suggesting that the people not standing up to the terrorists is akin to being complicit in their actions.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

That's not what I said. I specifically said demonizing them all for the terrorist actions of a few. Things like suggesting that the people not standing up to the terrorists is akin to being complicit in their actions.

I understand that some people are not able to stand up to them due to them being completely outgunned. I can not blame them for deciding not to take the fight to ISIS unarmed.

I also understand that there have been cases recently where thousands previously moderate soldiers/militia members have defected to ISIS.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

So. Do you honestly believe that all the soldiers in Nazi Germany believed in Nazism or do you think that many were just following the crowd because it was easier for them? Obviously, that doesn't excuse their actions, but tough times causes people to do things they'd never consider otherwise.
edit on 19-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

So. Do you honestly believe that all the soldiers in Nazi Germany believed in Nazism or do you think that many were just following the crowd because it was easier for them? Obviously, that doesn't excuse their actions, but tough times causes people to do things they'd never consider otherwise.

I am sure that plenty of people do things they normally wouldn't do to save their own skins while a person of a different 'category' dies a painful death.
Are they complicit?
I can be charged for failing to render assistance at the scene of a car crash here in America. You tell me.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

They are only responsible for their own decisions and their own conscious. Do we blame all black people for all the black on black crimes for not speaking out on it? Do we blame all men for all the rapes on women for not speaking out on it? Do we blame gun owners for all the mass shootings for not speaking out on it? I can keep going on, but hopefully you've gotten the picture here.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Unfortunately, something snaps in some people, for any one or more of a multitude of reasons, and they do. That's the crux of this whole issue.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: infinityorder

1400 years and we've grown stronger than any Religion on the planet...

Veil your ambition with "I don't want this" as much as you like...

Good luck with your war against us... You will need it.

"Grown stronger than any religion on the planet" through the use of terrorism, threatening the infidel with death. No thanks, I'll stick to my weak religion which promotes peace.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

There was no terrorism in my conversion...

So your generalisation is pathetic & misleading!

Which peaceful religion do you have faith in, may I ask!?!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Charlie I was thinking, Christianity and Judaism both had harsh laws, Jesus said cast the first stone, you who are with out sin.

I have heard you say this killing of homosexuals in the middle east is a cultural thing not the teaching of Islam, so how would you solve the problem?
edit on 093131p://bMonday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join