It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hologram(did i spell that right) tech????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
i cought the end of some tv show that had a hologram in it, the show was on like new tech. or something like that

is there such technology?

[edit on 14-12-2004 by Velvet1717]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
ummm...you cant expect any real answers with 1 sentence and no links.

What are you talking about? Holograms have been around for a long time, but what application they were used for is what you need to mention.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
um. . . i reall don't know i was wondering if there were any other pic's of it and if someone couild help me to understand how it all works

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Velvet1717
um. . . i reall don't know i was wondering if there were any other pic's of it and if someone couild help me to understand how it all works

what is "it"?

MORE INFO!

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Velvet1717
i cought the end of some tv show that had a hologram in it, the show was on like new tech. or something like that

is there such technology?

Was it something like holographic display?

The technology does exist:
www.io2technology.com.../images-videos

I did see something on TechTV (I think) a while back, where they had a real time holographic video of someone on the show.
I can't find the link for it right now.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
I did see something on TechTV (I think) a while back, where they had a real time holographic video of someone on the show.
I can't find the link for it right now.

Hey, very inticing thread. I think holographic technology is definately the future of the way we will veiw media.

Also i was curious so i found the techtv article: "Beam Me Up to the Conference". The company is called Teleportec.

Unfortunately all the hologram sites i found give very, very little info on the technology (which is totally understandable). All i have been able to find is that some use beam spliters to project at a certain point. Is this right? Also does anyone know if this is an accual 3d projection. As in you could walk around the image and observe it as if it where there.

The other methods of displaying precieved 3d images are similar to imax or something to the same effect. They have accually developed a monitor that can give the illusion of a 3d display. These new displays require no 'special glasses' or anything so thats pretty cool. Plus they have a wide view range.

[edit on 14-12-2004 by Franki]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Franki

Also i was curious so i found the techtv article: "Beam Me Up to the Conference". The company is called Teleportec.

Thanks for the link.
I didn't think it was that long ago (2001).

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Holographic display technology exists, nothing on the level of StarTrek though.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Its funny that we haven't seen alot of it yet... but I am sure it will start popping up soon in stores and what not.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
The military should make holographic environments for combat simulators. They could have holographic people, who when airsoft bbs go past the light a few times in certain area's of the body they could shut down. The targets could possibly move in some way, they can make most holograms revolve now, Im sure they could make a holographic person appear to be running.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I'm sure the government has something like that, but much more advanced.

top topics

join