It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Action Hero Liam Neeson on Paris Attack: US Gun Ownership ‘A [Bleeping] Disgrace’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Batman hardly an action hero..I don't know anyone close to me that has seen any of the taken movies...personally he is anything but an action hero..I was being sarcastic

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Brotherman

And gun manufactures don't out out ads to get you to buy their product?

Just saying if you are gonna call out one side, make sure we address the other side doing the exact same thing

Well, firearm manufacturers advertise because they run a business. You raise an interesting point... WHO stands to make a lot of money if American citizens are disarmed? WHO is paying Neeson for his "advertising?"

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

And gun manufactures don't out out ads to get you to buy their product?

Just saying if you are gonna call out one side, make sure we address the other side doing the exact same thing

"a reply to: Sremmos80

How about gun manufactures and orgs?

How are they not paid to manipulate you into buying things?

They hire lobby persons they pay out same works for the opposition.

Orgs hire actors to sway your opinions like donate to animals or sign up for a credit card no one reads the fine print they are watching Mark Wahlburg talk bout for only $19 a month..."

IDK what you are talking about. Who do you think I meant by "the opposition?"

link   
a reply to: RomaSempre

I own a gun because I can .... no other reasons needed. Your choice not to own one, not mine.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Batman hardly an action hero..I don't know anyone close to me that has seen any of the taken movies...personally he is anything but an action hero..I was being sarcastic

'The Expendables' is running out of action heroes, so maybe Hollywood is trying to reclassify some actors to ensure they have enough known cast members for Expendables 6: "What Did Sly Just Say?" and Expendables 7: "He's Mumbling Again".

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
From the lips of the man whose made his fortune making shoot 'em up movies.
Who cares what Hollywood actors think?
When they refuse to use bodyguards who carry guns I might even believe he means it.
Otherwise it's just politicizing and event for his own image.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

When those opinions trample on the BILL OF RIGHTS, and the constitution ?

Yeah they aren't.

Read the 2nd,4th,5th,6th,7th,8th,9th,10th amendments which ALL gun control laws epically violate.

When going around shooting people is ALREADY ILLEGAL.

www.aclu.org...

edit on 15-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Ok so you agree that what this man is doing is NO different then what gun manufactures and orgs do.
Great to hear.
edit on thThu, 15 Jan 2015 12:11:20 -0600America/Chicago120152080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Well, firearm manufacturers advertise because they run a business. You raise an interesting point... WHO stands to make a lot of money if American citizens are disarmed? WHO is paying Neeson for his "advertising?"

Probably insurance companies, that's a group that shells out a lot of money each year covering expenses related to gun ownership in America.

link   
a reply to: neo96

He was expressing his opinion, but of course, got lumped into the rest as if Liam Neesen speaks for anybody but himself and Hollywood...

Gun culture is certainly a disgrace in the United States. If you did not, then you would not have a gun problem.

And American does indeed have a gun problem. Be it with civilians, police, the mentally disabled, Gangs etc..

If you didn't have a gun problem, you would not need to write thread after thread, defending the (non)fact that there isn't.

~Tenth

edit on 1/15/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: caladonea

Seriously...even though I am not a gun owner I believe people have the right to bear arms...unfortunately not all gun owners are responsible people...but many are.

Also people do not need to be gun owners to do harm...here in Seattle where I live...recently a city bus stopped at a stop downtown and a man stabbed another man on the bus with knife...his reason? The man was sitting too close to him.

Liam thinks there are too many gun owners in the U.S.? I wonder what he thinks about all the knife owmers in all the countries.

Ain't it funny how we can't judge musiims for what terrorists do, but when it comes to gun owners the same 'rule' doesn't seem to apply.

What in the hell are you talking about? We are constantly judging Muslims and terrorist!! Every sane person I know thinks terrorist killing innocents are pieces of **** just like I do. Hyperbole is so lame and such a great way to lose all credibility when even you know it's BS.
edit on 15-1-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I think lobbying is wrong, so is overt manipulation, I think guns and gun ownership is ok.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheArrow

Circular logic from The Arrow! Bravo!!

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Yet again you are unable to see the correlation between lots of people having guns and lots of people getting shot , its simple math and i agree its a F****** disgrace

Remember the movies are not real , he's playing a character, these are his personal opinions and i agree

NO ONE should have guns EVER, not governments not any country and certainly not millions of untrained scared people

Q

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

He was expressing his opinion, but of course, got lumped into the rest as if Liam Neesen speaks for anybody but himself and Hollywood...

Gun culture is certainly a disgrace in the United States. If you it wasn't, then you would not have a gun problem.

And American does indeed have a gun problem. Be it with civilians, police, the mentally disabled, Gangs etc..

If you didn't have a gun problem, you would not need to write thread after thread, defending the (non)fact that there isn't.

~Tenth

Really there ?

Gun culture ?

I guess IGNORE the 299 million other gun owners that haven't done jack snip to anyone.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: caladonea

Seriously...even though I am not a gun owner I believe people have the right to bear arms...unfortunately not all gun owners are responsible people...but many are.

Also people do not need to be gun owners to do harm...here in Seattle where I live...recently a city bus stopped at a stop downtown and a man stabbed another man on the bus with knife...his reason? The man was sitting too close to him.

Liam thinks there are too many gun owners in the U.S.? I wonder what he thinks about all the knife owmers in all the countries.

Ain't it funny how we can't judge musiims for what terrorists do, but when it comes to gun owners the same 'rule' doesn't seem to apply.

What in the hell are you talking about? We are constantly judging Muslims and terrorist!! Every sane person I know thinks terrorist killing innocents are pieces of **** just like I do. Hyperbole is so lame.

To GD funny.

Before terrorists there was gun owners.

And we have had 70 years of gun control to keep them people in their place.

Hell we have to prove we are 'good' gun owners.

Can't say the same about the other.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

How did those rights come about? Did your forefathers voice their opinions against the crown?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

So if some one of status came on TV and promoted the buying of guns would you have the same opinion of him needing to shut his mouth as you do on Liam?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Mr. Neeson makes a living promoting gun violence.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Our forefathers shot the **** out of them during the revolutionary war after years of oppression and abuse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join