It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Action Hero Liam Neeson on Paris Attack: US Gun Ownership ‘A [Bleeping] Disgrace’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Neo, that argument doesn't work. If it did, Conservatives would leave Muslims alone in general.

Would that not be a nice change of pace?!

Anyway, that's off topic.

But yes, Gun Culture, is a bit sickening in America. It's just my opinion. I don't have a problem with guns, or people owning them. I have a problem with the lack of common sense from gun owners, actually that's wrong, I'm being unjust.

I have a problem with the extremist gun owners, whom are the only ones you hear about.

~Tenth

link   
Gasp!

This thread got filled with Gunphobes fast.

link   
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

I am not untrained nor am I scared and I have quite a few firearms. Get over it.

link   

originally posted by: neo96
I guess IGNORE the 299 million other gun owners that haven't done jack snip to anyone.

Of course they have to ignore them, just as they ignore every fact that goes opposed to their anti-firearm views. Bottom line, there are nations out there who gave up their firearm rights and now must take petty potshots at the USA. It's sour grapes, ridiculous, petty sour grapes.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Neo, that argument doesn't work. If it did, Conservatives would leave Muslims alone in general.

Would that not be a nice change of pace?!

Anyway, that's off topic.

But yes, Gun Culture, is a bit sickening in America. It's just my opinion. I don't have a problem with guns, or people owning them. I have a problem with the lack of common sense from gun owners, actually that's wrong, I'm being unjust.

I have a problem with the extremist gun owners, whom are the only ones you hear about.

~Tenth

Offtopic ?

What is offtopic about over 299+ million Americans not going around shooting anyone?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: caladonea

Seriously...even though I am not a gun owner I believe people have the right to bear arms...unfortunately not all gun owners are responsible people...but many are.

Also people do not need to be gun owners to do harm...here in Seattle where I live...recently a city bus stopped at a stop downtown and a man stabbed another man on the bus with knife...his reason? The man was sitting too close to him.

Liam thinks there are too many gun owners in the U.S.? I wonder what he thinks about all the knife owmers in all the countries.

Ain't it funny how we can't judge musiims for what terrorists do, but when it comes to gun owners the same 'rule' doesn't seem to apply.

What in the hell are you talking about? We are constantly judging Muslims and terrorist!! Every sane person I know thinks terrorist killing innocents are pieces of **** just like I do. Hyperbole is so lame.

To GD funny.

Before terrorists there was gun owners.

To GD funny....

There were terrorists before there were guns.

Hyperbole is so lame....

www.google.com...=terrorism

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

299 million other gun owners that haven't done jack snip to anyone.

There aren't 299 million gun owners in the United States...

...so...

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Brotherman

So if some one of status came on TV and promoted the buying of guns would you have the same opinion of him needing to shut his mouth as you do on Liam?

Yes

However, I think people of public stature are allowed there opinions I think that they should be careful how they voice them because people often look to these people as someone more important than another, I think it is scary the control Hollywood has over people and messages by these people can be dangerous. Of course they are entitled to their opinion.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

There's that broken analogy... AGAIN.
The Constitution of the United States governs American firearm owners. Show me any portion of that document which can be in any way construed as a command to kill others whose views differ with your own. Analogy FAILED.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

a reply to: stosh64

So it is thier fault that people want to hear what they have to say?

Again, take what they say with a grain of salt if you want but to act like they shouldn't say something just cause they get heard by more people seems wrong to me

The sheeple have been trained to listen to these 'gods' that have been created.

Why do you think what these 'trained performers' say is what they really believe?

They do what they are told by their handlers.

It is beyond me why anyone would consider ANYTHING that is fed to us by the TV or movies as anything other than what it is.
Total propaganda by the elites.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum_Squirrel
Yet again you are unable to see the correlation between lots of people having guns and lots of people getting shot , its simple math and i agree its a F****** disgrace

Remember the movies are not real , he's playing a character, these are his personal opinions and i agree

NO ONE should have guns EVER, not governments not any country and certainly not millions of untrained scared people

Q

If you look at the FBI statistics, the number does not support your theory. For the past several decades gun violence have decreased by almost half, all the while firearms in private hands have increased from 100+ million to 300+ million.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Terrorists have existed since BC...

How the hell were Gun owners around first?

And answer my question seeing as you dragged us Muslims into your trashy debate...

When have you ever been verbally & physically attacked or spat on leaving the Gun Store?
Because it happens to Muslims coming out of the Mosque every GD week of the year!!!

Your comparison is nonsense...
Your logic is ill...

And your feelings towards a useless actor voicing an opposing opinion are tragically pitiful.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I meant, my little piece about Muslims was off topic, not you.

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Absolutely NOT.

You claim that the vast majority of gun owners, are non violent, law abiding citizens.

You'd like them to be left alone, when events occur where we look and try to blame gun owners.

I claim that the vast majority of muslims, are non violent, law abiding citizens.

But yet I can't say, leave them alone, when events occur regarding Muslims or Islamic Extremists? The same way you do when somebody with a gun does something very stupid, immoral and illegal?

Come on now. That's a double standard at it's finest.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Action Hero Liam Neeson on Paris Attack: US Gun Ownership ‘A [Bleeping] Disgrace’

So........ He's a paid actor with his own points of view (all though hypocritical) he's needs to feel relovent or he's failing in his correar.
edit on 15-1-2015 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Gasp!

Gotta stick to those word mash ups huh?

Just cause people don't agree with your stance doesn't make them a 'gunphobe'

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

If you look at the FBI statistics, the number does not support your theory. For the past several decades gun violence have decreased by almost half, all the while firearms in private hands have increased from 100+ million to 300+ million.

I bet you're correct , i still wonder what the stats would be if no one had guns? care to give me that statistic?

And the guy above who has a gun is not scared and is fully trained, well done ./golf clap

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Gasp!

Gotta stick to those word mash ups huh?

Just cause people don't agree with your stance doesn't make them a 'gunphobe'

Hoplophobia is the correct term.

link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
When have you ever been verbally & physically attacked or spat on leaving the Gun Store?
Because it happens to Muslims coming out of the Mosque every GD week of the year!!!

When was the last time a Western country had high ranking officials actively attempting to ban Islam? When was the last time a Western country had high ranking officials attempt, and succeed, at banning civilian firearms?

In every society there are assholes. You encountered the assholes as you were leaving your mosque. Firearm owners encounter our assholes sitting in seats of power. Personally, I frickin wish we only had to deal with them coming out of the gun shop (there would sure be a lot fewer of them around within a year or two of confrontations, that's for sure.)

link   

well we should listen to the opinions of actors because they know how to act in front of a camera.

I mean hell, they are millionaires in some cases too.

also, not like a gun or two in the building where the attacks took place would have helped kill the killers. Nope.

France and the world at large need to lead by example. Protest guns after a violent attack by radical Islamist, sure, and then worry about racial tensions in the aftermath and legal gun ownership. Not like radical Islam is the problem, no....its American Guns and being loved for being brown that is at the crux of it all.

Thanks playboy millionaire...you are so wise. I take it you will play a priest in your next movie?

edit on 1 15 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

a reply to: Brotherman

So if some one of status came on TV and promoted the buying of guns would you have the same opinion of him needing to shut his mouth as you do on Liam?

Yes, anything that comes over the idiot box is controlled propaganda.

Throw it out.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join