It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Action Hero Liam Neeson on Paris Attack: US Gun Ownership ‘A [Bleeping] Disgrace’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
a reply to: sosobad

Our forefathers shot the **** out of them during the revolutionary war after years of oppression and abuse.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I frickin wish we only had to deal with them coming out of the gun shop (there would sure be a lot fewer of them around within a year or two of confrontations, that's for sure.)

Am I not to read this as though you are implying that these people would be shot and there for fewer of them around?

Good thing you have that firearm to stand up to that tyrannical gov.
Guess that is people with differing opinions of guns then others.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: neo96

Terrorists have existed since BC...

How the hell were Gun owners around first?

And answer my question seeing as you dragged us Muslims into your trashy debate...

When have you ever been verbally & physically attacked or spat on leaving the Gun Store?
Because it happens to Muslims coming out of the Mosque every GD week of the year!!!

Your comparison is nonsense...
Your logic is ill...

And your feelings towards a useless actor voicing an opposing opinion are tragically pitiful.

Yeah well muslims don't have to prove themselves are 'good' muslims.

Gun owners sure as snip do.

And yet can't label muslims for the actions of what terrorists do.

But you can sure as snip label Americcan's and their 'gun culture', and create hundreds if not thousands of laws for over 70 YEARS regulating their actions.

The only fail there are those trying to argue the reality Americans have go through EVERY GD DAY concerning firearm ownership.
edit on 15-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

He was expressing his opinion, but of course, got lumped into the rest as if Liam Neesen speaks for anybody but himself and Hollywood...

Gun culture is certainly a disgrace in the United States. If you did not, then you would not have a gun problem.

And American does indeed have a gun problem. Be it with civilians, police, the mentally disabled, Gangs etc..

If you didn't have a gun problem, you would not need to write thread after thread, defending the (non)fact that there isn't.

~Tenth

No, there isn't a gun problem - there is a crime problem. There is an anger problem. There is a people problem but guns of and by themselves are not a problem, they are inanimate objects no more than cars are the reason for highway crashes.

What exactly is "gun culture" and how is it a disgrace? I know literally hundreds of people who shoot for sport and hunting who have never shot another person and they represent the average gun owner in the US. Are they all part of this disgrace somehow?

I think you're over-generalizing here equivalent to saying Muslims are violent. It's a very small minority in either group who are prone to violence. Applying the culture label just doesn't fit.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Did you really just say that gun owners have it worse in American that Muslims do?!

Are you serious?

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Am I not to read this as though you are implying that these people would be shot and there for fewer of them around?

Good thing you have that firearm to stand up to that tyrannical gov.
Guess that is people with differing opinions of guns then others.

Physically attacked? I'm not implying anything, anyone who physically attacks a person who is carrying should expect to be shot. If there were more people carrying, there would be less physical attacks, either through attrition or through would-be thugs wising up and deciding their life isn't worth assaulting another person.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Did you really just say that gun owners have it worse in American that Muslims do?!

Are you serious?

~Tenth

I agree. When was the last time an American politician tried to pass a law restricting Islam? WHen was the last time the 2nd Amendment wasn't under direct attack from that witch Dianne Feinstein and her band of buffoons?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

What exactly is "gun culture" and how is it a disgrace? I know literally hundreds of people who shoot for sport and hunting who have never shot another person and they represent the average gun owner in the US. Are they all part of this disgrace somehow?

No not at all, like I said in another post, I am 100% fine with gun ownership.

I'm not OK with gun owners protecting their own crazies in their ranks. Like any other group of people, you've allowed yourselves to be taken over, on the national stage by people who don't represent your interests.

It's the violent and un-yielding gun culture I have a problem with. Unwilling to compromise on common sense approaches to gun legislation, which I will even admit, has been piss poor.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Maybe it hasn't come up in political circles but I've damn sure heard plenty of people even on this website screaming Islam should be banned.

No one should be lumped together with someone else...

Neo does that often with Muslims...

Then he makes a gun thread claiming "we can't do it to Muslims why do us gun owners have to accept it"...

If appreciate he didn't drag me and mine into his debate from now on...

And he's gonna scream "I will share my GD opinion"...

Nonsense!

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
well we should listen to the opinions of actors because they know how to act in front of a camera.
Thanks playboy millionaire...you are so wise. I take it you will play a priest in your next movie?

Go back a couple years - Gangs of New York.
Thank God he was smashing skulls with a cross and not shooting anyone.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

What is your definition of a "common sense approaches to gun legislation"?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Are you serious?

~Tenth

Yeah they do.

'Gun violence', 'Gun culture' not enough proof ?

I find it funny Gun owners are looked down upon MORE SO than terrorists.

link   

Well, I don't usually go to the movies anymore. But when or if I do, I'll make sure it's not one of his.

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
I agree. When was the last time an American politician tried to pass a law restricting Islam? WHen was the last time the 2nd Amendment wasn't under direct attack from that witch Dianne Feinstein and her band of buffoons?

en.wikipedia.org...

How soon we forget.

A number of American politicians spoke out against the Park51 project:.

Among them have been Republicans Senator John McCain (AZ, 2008 presidential nominee; "would harm relations, rather than help");[185] Sarah Palin (AK, 2008 vice presidential nominee; posted to microblogging site Twitter, "Ground Zero Mosque supporters: doesn't it stab you in the heart, as it does ours throughout the heartland? Peaceful Muslims, pls refudiate" (sic));[186] Mitt Romney[187] (former Massachusetts governor and presidential candidate), Senator Johnny Isakson (GA; "could be totally insensitive"), Senator Olympia Snowe (Maine; "insensitive to the families"), Idaho Senators Jim Risch[188] and Mike Crapo[189] (not "proper"), Idaho Congressman Mike Simpson ("inappropriate and insensitive"), Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty,[190] and North Carolina congressional candidate Ilario Pantano ("It is about ... territorial conquest. This mosque is a Martyr–Marker honoring the terrorists").

edit on 15-1-2015 by TheArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I agree. When was the last time an American politician tried to pass a law restricting Islam? WHen was the last time the 2nd Amendment wasn't under direct attack from that witch Dianne Feinstein and her band of buffoons

conservativetribune.com...

North Carolina, Florida, Alabama...

There are TONS of people in positions of power who rail against Islam every day. What do you mean?

And to the other poster's point, when's the last time you got assaulted leaving a gun store, or a firing range?

A quick google search will show you tons of links that indicate America in some fashion, is attempting to legislate Islam as much as it does gun owners. The success of both, seems pretty much the same. A complete failure.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Strange how every time I have gotten in a fight I was never even close to losing my life.

Guess if I just carry a gun with me I won't have to worry about that, just shoot the guy.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

If any Catholic warriors go on a massacre, I know who to blame for giving them an idea they would never have thought about on their own.

This sucks, I liked him, now, meh....he is now just another Hollywood idiot bad mouthing his people for face.

I dont think he would have made it very big as a French actor.....maybe he should remember who pays the bills.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Are you serious?

~Tenth

Yeah they do.

'Gun violence', 'Gun culture' not enough proof ?

I find it funny Gun owners are looked down upon MORE SO than terrorists.

And there you have it.

Neo considers ALL American Muslims to be terrorists.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Guns give power to cowards...

A majority of Gun users wouldn't have the wherewithal or guts to strangle, stab, bludgeon or batter someone to death...

Give a coward a Gun and they'll use it, usually in a no threatening situation based on their perceptions of a threat...

And for the second time today, I'm pro Gun...

But to deny a Gun culture is laughable.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Maybe it hasn't come up in political circles but I've damn sure heard plenty of people even on this website screaming Islam should be banned.

...and herein is a significant difference of tact. Personally, I do not automatically give two squirts what another human being thinks about anything I own, say, or do, unless that person is in a position which can actually impact me. Thus, having a bunch of idiots badmouthing me (as I admit Islam has to deal with) is generally dealt with using two middle fingers and a wave, whereas having politicians attempting to pass laws restricting me is a completely different animal and requires real action. I've been verbally attacked for my religious views before, too... whoopity doo!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join