It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Action Hero Liam Neeson on Paris Attack: US Gun Ownership ‘A [Bleeping] Disgrace’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Standing in front of a poster of himself holding a handgun in Taken 3, the latest installment in a film series that relies on gunplay to heighten action sequences, Liam Neeson spoke to the attacks on Charlie Hebdo by offering condolences, then saying: “There are too many [bleeping] guns out there, especially in America.”

Disgrace Eh ?

Let's see a guy who is making millions off of movies going around killing people says American gun ownership is a 'disgrace'.

I guess he like a lot of liberals just can't to see to grasp going around shooting people in real life is ILLEGAL.

On to the next Article:

“There’s too many [expletive] guns out there. Especially in America. I think the population is like, 320 million? There’s over 300 million guns. Privately owned, in America. I think it’s a [expletive] disgrace. Every week now we’re picking up a newspaper and seeing,’Yet another few kids have been killed in schools.'” Read more at www.inquisitr.com...

Then he says this!!!!

“A character like Bryan Mills going out with guns and taking revenge: it’s fantasy. It’s in the movies, you know? I think it can give people a great release from stresses in life and all the rest of it, you know what I mean? It doesn’t mean [the viewers] are all going to go out and go, ‘Yeah, let’s get a gun!'” Read more at www.inquisitr.com...

I tell ya what Mr. Neeson gun control is a fantasy.

“Lost in the tirade was the fact that the discussion began with a focus on the attacks on Charlie Hebdo–attacks which took place in France, a country rich in gun control, yet one in which gun laws were impotent to spoil the plans of dedicated and well-trained attackers. Read more at www.inquisitr.com...

So let me get this straight.

People have the right to the 1st amendment, but they don't have a right to the second.

Priceless!

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Its like Joe Camel from the 80's telling people smoking is bad while smoking a smoke.

+33 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a world full of guns without people is infinitely safer than a world full of people without guns.

and that should tell you everything you need to know about both.

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Personally I always find it almost humorous when our royalty, the hollywood celebrity crowd, make a statement about ANYTHING outside of acting.

What isn't humorous is millions of people think that these 'celebrities' are somehow enlightened and actually consider what they say.

link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I wonder when the Neeson's of this country is going to give up their 'jihad' against us infidels that don't believe in gun control.

edit on 15-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   
This thread appears to be trying to ridicule Liam Neeson for having an opinion.

He's an actor. Why does anyone give a # about what actors say. They aren't paid to think.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Seriously...even though I am not a gun owner I believe people have the right to bear arms...unfortunately not all gun owners are responsible people...but many are.

Also people do not need to be gun owners to do harm...here in Seattle where I live...recently a city bus stopped at a stop downtown and a man stabbed another man on the bus with knife...his reason? The man was sitting too close to him.

Liam thinks there are too many gun owners in the U.S.? I wonder what he thinks about all the knife owmers in all the countries.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Hmm good question, my guess sometime before the next big cyber terror jihad shocking attack and after the movie blackhat is released. Gotta build hype you know get everyone all riled up before the real experts can come on out and run their mouths on the red carpet all the while collecting tons of cash and free press time. I could be wrong though.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I agree with Neeson. Allowing more guns in the population will only result in augmenting the number of gun-related violence. It's pure, simple logic. When I want to put out a fire, I don't add more fire to it - I cut the air and I dump water.

Am I opposed to the Right to Bear arms? No. I am opposed to the distribution of these arms to people who have no training, have mental issues, and/or are antisocial. The Constitution was made to protect the people above all - not encourage its autodestruction.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheArrow
This thread appears to be trying to ridicule Liam Neeson for having an opinion.

He's an actor. Why does anyone give a # about what actors say. They aren't paid to think.

Which is the problem.

Opinions lead to LAWS. It's how every law gets past, and why we have had over 70 years of gun control.

That does nothing, but makes something that is already illegal more so.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Which is the problem.

Opinions lead to LAWS. It's how every law gets past, and why we have had over 70 years of gun control.

That does nothing, but makes something that is already illegal more so.

What are you talking about?

Actually, what are you ever talking about. I can only understand like 1 out of every 3 or 4 of your posts. You remind me of my crazy uncle Junior.

link   

originally posted by: caladonea

Seriously...even though I am not a gun owner I believe people have the right to bear arms...unfortunately not all gun owners are responsible people...but many are.

Also people do not need to be gun owners to do harm...here in Seattle where I live...recently a city bus stopped at a stop downtown and a man stabbed another man on the bus with knife...his reason? The man was sitting too close to him.

Liam thinks there are too many gun owners in the U.S.? I wonder what he thinks about all the knife owmers in all the countries.

Ain't it funny how we can't judge musiims for what terrorists do, but when it comes to gun owners the same 'rule' doesn't seem to apply.

link   
a reply to: stosh64

They are allowed to have thoughts and opinions on matters too you know.

Sure don't take them as the gospel or anything but we shouldn't act like they can't voice their opinions.

I agree with him on one point, we so glorify going our and shooting people in movies.
If we want to have the discussion about how rap music is creating a culture of lawlessness then we should have the discussion of how Hollywood glorifies vigilante justice imo.

edit on thThu, 15 Jan 2015 11:44:13 -0600America/Chicago120151380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I wonder when the Neeson's of this country is going to give up their 'jihad' against us infidels that don't believe in gun control.

Great use of the buzz words neo!

Hey you think everyone should have a gun right? So that means felons and other criminals right?
Shall not be infringed I guess.
Or are we gonna interpret what wells regulated means

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: stosh64

They are allowed to have thoughts and opinions on matters too you know.

Sure don't take them as the gospel or anything but we shouldn't act like they can't voice their opinions.

I agree with him on one point, we so glorify going our and shooting people in movies.
If we want to have the discussion about how rap music is creating a culture of lawlessness then we should the discussion of how Hollywood glorifies vigilante justice imo.

They are also paid to manipulate you into buying things, doing things, spread ideas etc. They are the face behind overt manipulation and people not only look up to these manipulators but also take their opinions alittle more seriously then they should.

Alec Baldwin "What do you got in your wallet?"

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

You can say that about a lot of people.
How about gun manufactures and orgs?
How are they not paid to manipulate you into buying things?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
They are also paid to manipulate you into buying things, doing things, spread ideas etc. They are the face behind overt manipulation and people not only look up to these manipulators but also take their opinions alittle more seriously then they should.

Alec Baldwin "What do you got in your wallet?"

Considering you don't know any of them personally, if you don't want to be manipulated my advice to you is to stop buying their products and services, i.e. Television, Magazines, Newspapers, Books, Radio, and Movies.

Problem solved.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Great use of the buzz words neo!

Hey you think everyone should have a gun right? So that means felons and other criminals right?
Shall not be infringed I guess.
Or are we gonna interpret what wells regulated means

Someone pays their debt to society.

Then their debt to society has been paid.

And Felon, and criminal is a label that describes a great many people. That covers non violent crime.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Do a little research (as I have) and what you find is that in countries without guns the stabbing rates go through the roof.
In England for example, a country the size of a small state, the number of stabbings last year is approaching 30,000.

edit on 15-1-2015 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

How about gun manufactures and orgs?

How are they not paid to manipulate you into buying things?

They hire lobby persons they pay out same works for the opposition.

Orgs hire actors to sway your opinions like donate to animals or sign up for a credit card no one reads the fine print they are watching Mark Wahlburg talk bout for only $19 a month...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join