It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who do you think did the attacks?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2002 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Who do you think attacked America on September 11, 2001?

Me? Well, with all the evidenceI've seen, I think that the culprit was America itself.

I hope I don't offend anyone by saying that, besides, it's only a opinion!!

*Braces for an ass whooping*

posted on Aug, 11 2002 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I think America let it happen.Our government had to know something.The NSA,CIA can trace calls, listen to conversations around the world,they had to know.

posted on Aug, 11 2002 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Sorry Nyeff, I disagree with your reasoning. There is way too much information coming in for them to have the ability to analyse it all and weigh it for its proper importance.
Besides, the government is way too incompetent to intentionally screw the pooch as many think. Heck, they don't have to try and intentionally drop the ball.

posted on Aug, 11 2002 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'm fairly certain the FBI or another department of security in the states had an idea an attack was gonna happen, but to say they commited it or intentionally let it happen (presumably for the purposes of instigating the war on terrorism) is far fetched to say the least. I think I'd have to agree with TC on this one (hey, that's a turn up for the books!
)

Later.

posted on Aug, 12 2002 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by saucerian
Me? Well, with all the evidenceI've seen, I think that the culprit was America itself.

What evidence are you referencing?

posted on Aug, 12 2002 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I rarely put anything past the government but this is one of those times that I have to say that I dont think the gov.was involved.

posted on Aug, 12 2002 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I don't think Bush knew before hand.And yes or government can be pretty incompent.The NSA had to know something was up.They were able to stop much smller attacks during the Y2K scare.I find it hard to belive that they knew nothing.They government may not have known exactly what was going to happen,but I think they knew more than what we are being told.

posted on Aug, 12 2002 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I kinda think that the government was totally off guard,I mean there is no perfect system and with the right planning,the determination,the skill,and of course the money.Well anything is possible.

posted on Aug, 12 2002 @ 02:08 PM
link   
IMO, the government is too *big* to be able to handle *any* problem with sufficient efficiency. It's bad enough that Congress has over 500 people to make decisions, but that doesn't even include the lobbyists & special interest groups that barter influence in the halls of power. I'll bet even couldn't get the 10 Commandments through Congress, even if he was buying drinks;
Thou shalt not commit adultry wouldn't even get out of the House.
Thou shalt not steal might pass if you could get a lawyer to write it up.
Thou shalt not take God's name in vain would be opposed by the players & fans of any organized sports.
Thou shalt not commit adultry wouldn't even be made into a Bill.

The government itself needs to downsize...Drastically!

posted on Aug, 12 2002 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Yes the government need's to down size.They also need to pay attention to the Constitution,the Biil of Right's, and the Ten Comandments.I think with the planning that was involved we had to pick up on some of it.According to the NSA, they have the best computers, code breakers, and eavesdroppers in the world.Don't get me wrong,I do think Al-quada is behind it.I just think the government did nothing to stop it or warn us or anything.They just sat around to see what was going to happen.Or they just didn't belive it was going to happen.Our government can be a bit arrogant.I hate terrorist's,and I think they are coward's and need to be dealt with.But our government needs to take some responseablity as well.

posted on Aug, 13 2002 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Hmmm, did the govt. perform the attacks? Probably not, but did they know about them and let them happen? Well, in my opinion they knew all about about it. This phony war on terrorism is just too convenient for oil and defense corporations. And if you don't know that our govt. is controlled by corporations, you need to start reading and paying attention more to people like Ralph Nader. Just look at how quickly and easily this Afghan oil pipeline has been started. And guess whos on the board of directors of Unocal, the newly inserted Afghan president. Hmmm, how convenient for western oil companies.

There was plenty of warnings given to the CIA, FBI, NSA of attacks. Not just vague, "terrorists are planning on attacking America" warnings, but specific warnings from high officials in Russian, French, German, Israeli governments. Stating terrorists were planning on hijacking commercial airlines and flying them into important symbols of American culture. With the same, specific info. from several governments, this should raise atleast an investigation into the possibility of the info. being true. Hell, isn't this their job?

With our intelligence agencies knowing this, then on the week before the attacks, PUT options (a speculation that the stock will go down) on American and United Airlines are 400% above normal. This should have made the intelligence community put 2 and 2 together and think
"Hey, we have these warnings of airlines being used for attacks, and now two specific airlines' stock trading is way out of whack, hmm, i think terrorists are going to hijack some plane from united and/or american airlines." Maybe it could have just been complete incompentence, maybe not.

And if Bin Laden is such an enemy of the US, then why did we treat him from July 4-14, 2001 for kidney disease at the American hospital in Dubai and he meets with a CIA official, who returns to CIA headquarters on July 15. LOL, complete proof of a conspiracy right there. This guy was wanted for numerous bombings of American naval ships and embassies at this time. So why did we let him go? Well, needed him to attack us thats why.

If you just look at who's benefiting from all of this, it is obvious that America let it happen. We are a corporate controlled society, and the corporations wanted to go into the middle east and control it, now we have a green light to police the world with extreme force in order to secure oil and minerals with the disguise of fighting terrorism. Hell, we are the 800 pound gorilla pushing everyone around. We could call ourselves the greatest terrorists in the world.

Now you might say, "Well Bush is now cracking down on corporate crime, and won't let corporations get away with fraud and abuses." Hmm, is Kenneth Lay (CEO of Enron) in jail yet? Are any of them?

The best thing about all of this is the government has the masses on their side, so none of this will really be investigated. People would rather give up freedom for a little bit of security/oppression. Just look at how quickly the congressional investigation into what Bush knew prior to Sept. 11 crippled. How convenient.

posted on Aug, 14 2002 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I"m with you Volksfolk. I don't think anything I"ve read about what happened 911 makes any logical sense. Even if you cover up all the glaring holes in the official story with the excuse that 'nothing like this had happened before and no one was sure what was happening crap' there is painful evidence that enough people out there KNEW. We are all just ignoring the questions because we don't want to think about what it means that we've been screwed by our own govt, and that in fact, we are run by corporations and it IS about the money. (money and power are essentially the same thing) the stage is being set for absolute power.
In a previous post, it was mentioned how the govt wouldn't do this because everyone lost money. I am sure this is not true. MOSTLY everyone lost money, but I doubt Bush and his admin lost money. (that they atleast aren't doubling right now)
Maybe all this news about corporate corruption..if these are all controlled leaks, lowering the stock, and then the big players can come in and buy eveyrthing up cheap? It would be right in line with the plan thats playing out. More power, more control.

posted on Aug, 14 2002 @ 05:59 PM
link   
If you look at the recent history of the US, and look at two major "attacks" besides 9-11, both were covered with lies.

Look at Pearl Harbor, there is credible evidence that our govt. knew the Japanese were going to attack and did nothing to stop it.

And, if you look at the Kennedy assassination, our govt. lied to the American people and covered up investigations into who might have assassinated him.

Knowing this, why is it so impossible to think that our govt. of today didn't let the 9-11 attacks happen, and lie to the American people when they HAVE DONE IT BEFORE.

History repeats itself.

posted on Aug, 14 2002 @ 11:08 PM
link   
"We the People, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, ensure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare & provide the blessings of liberty for ourselves & our posterity do ordain & establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

The big problem is that the US government has forgotten this; Instead of carrying out the original intentions of the Founding Fathers, they've become opportunists, going too far beyond the original powers that were given to them by the citizens of the United States of America.

Now, instead of trying to solve problems, they *manage* problems, always seeking to use their formidable information-gathering abilities to profit from any/all problems they find, gaining for themselves & forgetting where their power originally came from in the first place.

If you haven't done so already, please take a look at the thread xmb.abovetopsecret.com... and give some input there. It is my intention to see that the promise that was given us is to be honored...Even if it means that decades & centuries of corruption must be weeded out of our country.

posted on Aug, 16 2002 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Hey I have been telling you guys from day 1 pretty much that not only was US involved in the WTC Attack, but it was also planned by them, the freemasons, illuminati, CIA. Sure they had to make it look good, hire some terrorist, kill thousands of innocent people, loose a lot of money, but it was our government.

posted on Aug, 16 2002 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ycon
Hey I have been telling you guys from day 1 pretty much that not only was US involved in the WTC Attack, but it was also planned by them, the freemasons, illuminati, CIA. Sure they had to make it look good, hire some terrorist, kill thousands of innocent people, loose a lot of money, but it was our government.

And we've been telling you from day one that you're looney!

posted on Aug, 16 2002 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Yes William, I know you think I'm Loonie.

Just keep watching, the truth will make you free.

Read Phil Donahues show transcript

�Donahue� for Aug. 13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read the complete transcript to Tuesday�s show

Guests: Michael Moore, Jean Charles Brisard, Kristen Breitweiser

www.msnbc.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2002 @ 01:14 PM
link   
LOL!!!!
Donahue!!! LOL!!!!
I'd rather read Rense!!!
ROFL!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2002 @ 02:48 AM
link   
TC? come back!

Donahue, not credible or just too liberal?

this i actually don't know...i would have liked to have seen an investigation when the story dropped about the Aug.6th briefing President Dubya recieved (no we haven't forgot). I would have liked to have seen an investigation into the lies told by top staffers such as Condie Rice on every channel saying they didn't know the nature of the type of attacks that were being planned. I would have liked to have seen congress not run scared after shouting "FIRE!" and instead stick around to save a few folks. but, ah well. can't blame the administration for covering it's behind--still, it's treason.

don't know could go either way...i guess maybe the question isn't did they know...it's obvious that someone knew...it's who that someone is, that's the question. needs to be an investigation and some cleaning of house.

posted on Aug, 17 2002 @ 04:51 AM
link   
It's common knowledge by now that certain agencies did know there was something about to happen, but had no way of "putting it all together". The FBI has already admitted that much.
But saying that the US government did it on purpose is pretty far-fetched, don't you think?
For you civilians, the Military "mindset" is beyond your comprehension. They believe the less the people know, the better. It's true, in some circumstances, like military stratagies, (OPSEC/PERSEC), and we all know that our own government has lied to us in the past, (JFK assassination, A51, the Philidelphia Experiment, etc).
I'm pretty open minded, having traveled the world, and seen all that I've seen. But I highly doubt that the US government would stage something like this.

Just my .02, (US)...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join