It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student Leader: 'No Sympathy' for Executed NYPD Officers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Here's the context of this story:

On December 20, NYPD Officers Wenjian Liu and Rafael Ramos were murdered sitting in the car. Brandeis University student leader, Khadijah Lynch, tweeted “I have no sympathy for the NYPD officers who were murdered today” and “LMAO, all I just really don’t have sympathy for the cops who were shot. I hate this racist, f…ing country.”

Brandeis University senior Daniel Mael, a journalist, published a story that reported on Lynch's tweets.

The result?

Lynch accused Mael of "hate speech," "libel," "defamation of character," "cyber bullying, and "belittling" - because Mael reported her tweets in an article here entitled, Student Leader: 'No Sympathy' for Executed NYPD Officers.

The response was quick - Brandeis students rallied to attack the messenger, calling him a racist, and demanding that Mael be "held accountable" for the backlash Lynch received because he publicized Lynch's tweets. Lynch rallied over 1,200 supporters to sign a petition to "standby free speech without disenfranchisement."

Time magazine published this article entitled Once Again Brandeis Students Master Selective Outrage.

A real life example of living why people deride political "correctness."

"Correct" thoughts are applauded and supported by the thought police.

Those pointing out the idiocy of the "correct" thoughts are attacked.

World-famous attorney, Alan Dershowitz, described it like this: “So welcome to the topsy-turvy world of the academic hard left, where bigoted speech by fellow hard leftists is protected, but counter expression is labeled as ‘harassment,’ ‘incitement,’ and ‘bullying.’

Student Leader: 'No Sympathy' for Executed NYPD Officers

Thoughts?

Was Mael wrong to publicize Lynch's comments about the police murders?
edit on 13-1-2015 by Jamie1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I weep for the future....

Yet the first time he is in trouble he will scream for the police to help..

Little punk needs his butt kicked..

And no mael wasn't wrong to publish the info, a tweet is pretty much a public statement... Lynch has the right to say what he wants that doesn't mean he is exempt from back lash, for being a useless soul sucking tick on the taint of life.
edit on 13-1-2015 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2015 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
What do these idiots actually learn in college?
What a waste of opportunity, money, and brains.......
And replying calling their opponents cocksuckers isn't considered hate speech or libel?
Theres a distinct waste of oxygen involved here.....

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
She will need the law in some way some day and hopefully they will come just a bit too late. People like this girl need to be taught a valuable lesson....I can guarantee you that when she has to hit the real world outside of college that her views will get her fired quite often and likely end up jading her more. Have to love how she preaches slavery and blah blah blah....bet she doesn't even know that the first slave owner that legally owned a slave per documentation by US courts was a black man....but alas....history is only as good as those who twist it to their agenda right?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
There is no hope for people like her. The wicked shall fall in darkness when the rest ascends. Bad news is on its way. But not for all. Who feels it knows it

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Oh college.... where individuality and creativity are destroyed and replaced with state-sanctioned free ideals. Where people believe they can make an impact on the planet, while being fed nonsense from the system.

What are college students but herded penises and vaginas with backpacks, fresh minds ready for further indoctrination? I hope this kid gets out in the real world and realizes not all cops are bad.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

World-famous attorney, Alan Dershowitz, described it like this: “So welcome to the topsy-turvy world of the academic hard left, where bigoted speech by fellow hard leftists is protected, but counter expression is labeled as ‘harassment,’ ‘incitement,’ and ‘bullying.’

How was the counter expression not "protected"...

That's just as much "selective outrage" as they claim from the hard left.

Hypocrisy abounds, & none of any of either side's speech went unprotected...

They all spouted their equally simplistic view of the World and brought it to a head with partisan bull#....

Anyone who is left or right is usually an arsehole anyways...

& that's my freedom of speech...
They can't label me though!

edit on 13-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
....history is only as good as those who twist it to their agenda right?

Yes.

And the simplest and fastest way to "twist" it is by making sure those who speak "correctly" are supported, and those who expose the stupidity are punished.

Mael was attacked for exposing the "LMAO" attitude to the killing of the cops.

Nothing says "all lives matter" better than "LMAO" in response to a double murder.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Hypocrisy abounds, & none of any of either side's speech sent unprotected...

They all spouted their equally simplistic view of the World and brought it to a head with partisan bull#....

Dershowitz didn't say it wasn't "protected."

He said countering views were labeled harassment, incitement, and bullying.

And you're making a false equivalency.

One side spouted their partisan bs.

The other published that partisan bs to the rest of the world, and then was attacked for simply shining the light on the hate speech that the first person said.

Not the same at all.

Messenger is being attacked by fellow students for simply reporting the idiotic statements of the first student. Pitch forks and torches being readied to "hold accountable" the messenger for simply reporting what was said.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Apparently she was also pretty much forced to resign as an Undergrad Representative for AAAS (African or African-American Studies)....so at least the college got that right. She should have been expelled for this nonsense, hate spewing crap.

Source Response from AAAC

Twitter comments by Brandeis undergraduate Khadijah Lynch (‘16) regarding the recent
shooting of two New York Police Department officers have received widespread media
attention. Many of the responses to her comments, beginning with an article written by a fellow
Brandeis student Daniel Mael (‘15) for the blog Truth Revolt, have noted that Ms. Lynch is a
“student leader” who serves as an Undergraduate Department Representative (UDR) for the
African and Afro-American Studies (AAAS) Department.
The comments of Ms. Lynch, made through her own personal Twitter account, do not reflect the
views of AAAS as a department. AAAS, unequivocally, does not promote nor condones a
disregard for the loss of human life. The deaths of officers Rafael Ramos and Wenjian Liu are a
tragedy and should be treated with proper respect. We express our most sincere condolences to
their family and loved ones.
Ms. Lynch has offered he

Though the rest of the letter reads like a typical news story with violence only towards blacks from LEO and blah blah blah rinse and repeat....

And the people who teach this crap wonder why someone like the idiot girl say stuff like they do.....talk about sheltered views and twisting an individual to believe what you want them to.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Pitch forks & torches?

Yeah, sure!

He certainly implied it was unprotected by listing all the things they've been accused of!

Have you been on her Twitter, I haven't, but I'm not going to make the assumption she wasn't given what for as well, for her statements.

& who gives a toss if she has no sympathy, are they gonna force her to sympathise?
Is that the idea behind the article?
To sway her backward opinion?

I'd say they've all attacked each other and I'd also say they're all #ing idiots.

Selective outrage implies that no one responded to her tweets in anger or has seen her publicly and told her she is full of s#...
How do they know if that hasn't happened?

How do you know that hasn't happened?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Apparently she was also pretty much forced to resign as an Undergrad Representative for AAAS (African or African-American Studies)....so at least the college got that right. She should have been expelled for this nonsense, hate spewing crap.

Source Response from AAAC

Twitter comments by Brandeis undergraduate Khadijah Lynch (‘16) regarding the recent
shooting of two New York Police Department officers have received widespread media
attention. Many of the responses to her comments, beginning with an article written by a fellow
Brandeis student Daniel Mael (‘15) for the blog Truth Revolt, have noted that Ms. Lynch is a
“student leader” who serves as an Undergraduate Department Representative (UDR) for the
African and Afro-American Studies (AAAS) Department.
The comments of Ms. Lynch, made through her own personal Twitter account, do not reflect the
views of AAAS as a department. AAAS, unequivocally, does not promote nor condones a
disregard for the loss of human life. The deaths of officers Rafael Ramos and Wenjian Liu are a
tragedy and should be treated with proper respect. We express our most sincere condolences to
their family and loved ones.
Ms. Lynch has offered he

Though the rest of the letter reads like a typical news story with violence only towards blacks from LEO and blah blah blah rinse and repeat....

And the people who teach this crap wonder why someone like the idiot girl say stuff like they do.....talk about sheltered views and twisting an individual to believe what you want them to.

I can only imagine what would happen if a student tweets "LMAO" the next time a girl gets raped on campus or a black guy is shot by a white cop.

Heck, just saying "all lives matter" instead of "black lives matter" led to a revolt among the students.

And yes, her comments were even too much for the AAAC.

I'm curious to see if the writer makes it through the rest of the semester though....

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

& who gives a toss if she has no sympathy, are they gonna force her to sympathise?

No, it appears she was very upset when her posts were shown to a larger audience. Once that happened, she flipped on the "free speech" aspect and jumped into defense mode, claiming she was wronged. This is just pointing out the hipocricy of her using freedom of speech to hate on cops, and then getting mad that someone else used their freedom of speech to show what she said.

Seriously Chuck, do you need to take the opposing side of everything to do with this topic? This is a blatant example of stupidity. Not much else.(EDIT TO ADD: meaning the article, not you)

I do wonder what she and others will think like once they leave the comfy confines of the college and venture out into that horrible place we call reality.
edit on 13-1-2015 by network dude because: clarified

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I do wonder what she and others will think like once they leave the comfy confines of the college and venture out into that horrible place we call reality.

Likely not much...they will all be gunned down by LEO for doing nothing.

/sarcasm

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Just a thought... If I hated the country I lived in then I would move to a country that I wanted to live in.

Perhaps she should find a country that she wants to reside in and move.

I'm not saying love it or leave it. I'm just telling people what I would do

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Hypocrisy abounds, & none of any of either side's speech went unprotected...

You're fabricating a straw man argument.

Nobody said Mael's speech was "unprotected." Derschowitz said it was being labeled as ‘harassment,’ ‘incitement,’ and ‘bullying.’

Trying to make the reporting of hateful speech the equivalent of the hateful speech makes no sense.

It's not equivalent.

Both sides were not acting like idiots.

One posted "LMAO" when cops got killed. The other reported this.

The ones posting the "LMAO" accused the one reporting her hateful comments of "slander."

There is no equivalency there.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77

Just a thought... If I hated the country I lived in then I would move to a country that I wanted to live in.

Perhaps she should find a country that she wants to reside in and move.

I'm not saying love it or leave it. I'm just telling people what I would do

That would simply be to logical for most....it is better to stay and hate....hate is fun and emotional when you are emotionally deprived or picked on as a kid.....moving just gives her an excuse to not hate anymore.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Let's also not mention that this girl, while so jaded and biased towards the racism of the white people in the US, is going to a college that is private and costs roughly $47,000 per year....black child of privilege with a very skewed view on life...shocking. Seems she has been afforded every opportunity that a white kid at the same school has...gotta love the hypocrisy of it all....speaking about slavery and what not when you are going to a school that will cost $200K+ by the end of it with all the fees added in.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I fully agree ND, honestly...

But I did see a hypocrisy & partisanship in all honesty.

I don't think the World would be any different if she had shown sympathy, she is a mere grain of Sand from a whole host of Beaches, & will not affect a movement in any sense.

I'm not taking her aside however, I'm not taking any side, like I said I think they're all fools in this situation...

First her, for being callous...
Then the article, for giving her publicity...

Anything in between is also questionable really!

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

One man's fool, is another man's genius...

You think they're highlighting an important topic.

I personally, think it's foolish to give publicity to reprobates.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join