It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student Leader: 'No Sympathy' for Executed NYPD Officers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Anything in between is also questionable really!

But then what the hell would we talk about?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77
a reply to: Jamie1

Just a thought... If I hated the country I lived in then I would move to a country that I wanted to live in.

Perhaps she should find a country that she wants to reside in and move.

I'm not saying love it or leave it. I'm just telling people what I would do

Well yeah, but then she would have to leave the $60,000 a year elite university education she's getting from the "racist" country she hates.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

One man's fool, is another man's genius...

You think they're highlighting an important topic.

I personally, think it's foolish to give publicity to reprobates.

I think it's great to give publicity to foolish ideas.

That way the public can judge them for what they are rather than allow them to live on unpublicized in the shadows of academia.

Ideas in a free society are subject to Darwin's principals as much as genetic traits.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Anything newsworthy imo...

A students repugnant tweets?

The amount of those Worldwide could fill an entire 24hour news channel's schedule...

edit on 13-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I agree with his sentiment. I have no sympathy for cops who face this kind of backlash. This WOULD NOT BE HAPPENING if they weren't executing civilians. They brought this onto themselves, they have plainly stated through actions and arming up with military hardware that they are at war with civilians. On their heads be it.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: th3dudeabides

I agree with his sentiment. I have no sympathy for cops who face this kind of backlash. This WOULD NOT BE HAPPENING if they weren't executing civilians. They brought this onto themselves, they have plainly stated through actions and arming up with military hardware that they are at war with civilians. On their heads be it.

Well...it's not a he, it's a she.

And as far as your statement goes, I would also say that had the people they shot not been doing something illegal they would not have been shot. But hey...let's all give criminals a free pass because they are all good kids that were just about to make it in the world.....blah blah blah....on their heads be it.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
If she said it then she needs to suck it up and own what she said.

Yes, she has the right to say it. By that same token, he had every right to report on it.

Bottom line is that if you don't want the whole wide world to know you say ugly things, don't let them fall out of your mouth.

Easy peesy.

Just my opinion...

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DustbowlDebutante

Yes, she has the right to say it. By that same token, he had every right to report on it.

Bottom line is that if you don't want the whole wide world to know you say ugly things, don't let them fall out of your mouth.

Easy peesy.

Just my opinion...

It seems with the current generation of haters that any semblance of decorum has been long deceased....I would doubt tact or decorum are even discussed in college these days.

Reminds me of that saying:

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: th3dudeabides

So the cops in NYC who were executed brought their murder on themselves because why again?

Do you believe in racism too? Is there now a war against all blacks because of the black guy who executed the cops?

Can you clarify your reasoning?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Easy peesy.

Just my opinion...

Yes she said it.

Then after given time to think it over, and not simply respond in the heat of the moment, or emotionally, she doubled down on it.

She says she stands by her original sentiment.

Brandeis Student Stands By Comments About Slain NYPD Officers

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

Easy peesy.

Just my opinion...

Yes she said it.

Then after given time to think it over, and not simply respond in the heat of the moment, or emotionally, she doubled down on it.

Well then, she has no right to get pissy about someone reporting on it. He had as much right to report on what she said as she had the right to say it. There *may* be some defamation of her character here, but she did it to herself. He only reported on it.

Free country and all that.
edit on 13-1-2015 by DustbowlDebutante because: left out a word

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

Easy peesy.

Just my opinion...

Yes she said it.

Well then, she has no right to get pissy about someone reporting on it. He had as much right to report on what she said as she had the right to say it. There *may* be some defamation of her character here, but she did it to herself. He only reported on it.

Free country and all that.

Interesting point.

She defamed her own character by the stupid stuff she said. And now wants to accuse those who repeated the stupid stuff she said as slandering her.

What "character" has been defamed if she admits that her first "LMAO" tweet about the cops being killed is how she really feels?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

How could Mael be wrong in reporting what he discovered? He found the statements on her public twitter account. As a journalist he has the right to prepare any story he sees fit. Mael did not slander Khadijah Lynch. Mael did not misrepresent her. No. Mael was very much in the right for publishing information he found newsworthy. In fact he performed his job well under the pressure he later endured. Khadijah Lynch acted the opposite. You know other than ATS I do not communicate online. Is it common for such explosive comments? I am referring to pretty much everyone involved when I ask that question. There is so much vitriol in the words of so many people....

Anyway, moving on.

Quote from Lynch:
"Its my own personal opinion which I as a private citizen which do not want publicized in any form and if you do not abide my wishes i constitute your disregard as slander."

Really? The fact that she publicized them first means nothing to her. Mael should immediately drop his journalism because Lynch is now uncomfortable? Who teaches these young people? Has public college(at least this campus)life degenerated into anger-filled shout matches? Man, the stuff I read at those links was insane.

Finally, what is sad about this story is the apparently large number of death threats and nasty comments that first Lynch than Mael recieved after the stories became well known. I simply can't believe it. Death threats because of comments on twitter? Not to mention all the other hassles and insults that were thrown around. Phew....

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: My_Reality

How could Mael be wrong in reporting what he discovered? He found the statements on her public twitter account. As a journalist he has the right to prepare any story he sees fit. Mael did not slander Khadijah Lynch. Mael did not misrepresent her. No. Mael was very much in the right for publishing information he found newsworthy. In fact he performed his job well under the pressure he later endured. Khadijah Lynch acted the opposite. You know other than ATS I do not communicate online. Is it common for such explosive comments? I am referring to pretty much everyone involved when I ask that question. There is so much vitriol in the words of so many people....

Anyway, moving on.

Quote from Lynch:
"Its my own personal opinion which I as a private citizen which do not want publicized in any form and if you do not abide my wishes i constitute your disregard as slander."

Really? The fact that she publicized them first means nothing to her. Mael should immediately drop his journalism because Lynch is now uncomfortable? Who teaches these young people? Has public college(at least this campus)life degenerated into anger-filled shout matches? Man, the stuff I read at those links was insane.

Finally, what is sad about this story is the apparently large number of death threats and nasty comments that first Lynch than Mael recieved after the stories became well known. I simply can't believe it. Death threats because of comments on twitter? Not to mention all the other hassles and insults that were thrown around. Phew....

Who knows if anybody got death threats?

Did you read the long-winded complaint filed by the students at Brandeis against Mael?

Reads like something from 1984.

Their premise is Mael intentionally brought the wrath of the public down on Lynch. And that he violated the school's "stalking" rules because he followed her Tweets.

My question is, how does somebody like Lynch grow up and get into college with this type of victim mindset?

This is really a new level of being a victim. She's a victim because somebody wrote a story about her own stated hatred.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Someone should have slapped him right on the spot. Tell him what the real deal is. You pay for what you do little punk. Shut up and go hide behind your mamma, grown folks are talking.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
So, a person posted something on their publicly accessible social media account and is upset that the public accessed it.

Am I reading this correctly?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Oh yes, there were death threats. First toward Lynch than Mael. Along with other unpleasantness. But I'll let that drop. That behavior seems to be common on the internet nowadays.

I didn't read the complaints but I was aware of them. I'll check them out later.

I had similar thoughts as you. The longer I read Lynch's twitter comments the more amazed I became. Apparently Lynch is not to blame for anything. Almost all her comments have her putting the blame on the oppressive and hateful slave master elites. She was a victim long before this story surfaced. This incident provided her with more ammunition. I can't understand her mentality. Can't believe an individual who looks rational can be so obtuse.

Do the subjects she learns at college lead to this mentality? Or did she learn it earlier. That is what I am curious about.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Djarums
So, a person posted something on their publicly accessible social media account and is upset that the public accessed it.

Am I reading this correctly?

Not exactly.

Not only were they upset, they started an online petition, claimed their freedom of speech was at risk, and accused the guy who reported her "LMAO" response to the NYPD cops as "slandering" her.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: My_Reality

Oh yes, there were death threats. First toward Lynch than Mael. Along with other unpleasantness. But I'll let that drop. That behavior seems to be common on the internet nowadays.

I didn't read the complaints but I was aware of them. I'll check them out later.

I had similar thoughts as you. The longer I read Lynch's twitter comments the more amazed I became. Apparently Lynch is not to blame for anything. Almost all her comments have her putting the blame on the oppressive and hateful slave master elites. She was a victim long before this story surfaced. This incident provided her with more ammunition. I can't understand her mentality. Can't believe an individual who looks rational can be so obtuse.

Do the subjects she learns at college lead to this mentality? Or did she learn it earlier. That is what I am curious about.

Well, there are over 1,200 people who signed her online petition supporting her claim that she was "slandered" because Mael re-posted her hateful comments.

I'm guessing a large number were fellow college students.

In my personal experience, the entire narrative in universities is one of victimhood. Everything is seen through the filter of being a victim, and then who can be accused of being the villain.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Apparently the academics at Brandeis are in desperate need of some refresher classes.

How exactly was this "student leader" libeled? Perhaps they don't know the definition of libel?

The article published what this "leader" posted publicly on her own social media account. She made a conscious choice in posting it.

Reading comp 101 might help these esteemed students. Followed by a basic law class? Can you fix stupid?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join