It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brainwashing...."Dont Hurt The Good Muslims" Every Time A Bomb Goes Off

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

However you meant it what you said- it wasn't ignorant. It's an idea that's worth addressing in a mature way, not in the standard 'ignore'/'belittle' manner that members often use. Site's going absolutely tits up.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Except that homophobe is a false slur too.

Most people who get painted with it do not actually fear gays. Most simply disagree with what they want.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Westerners are tolerant to things that make Muslims angry, yes. But there are CERTAINLY topics that make westerners act like..., well terrorists.

Another day, another 'pro-life' terrorist bombs an abortion clinic

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
I was reading a book about social engineering recently that sparked a thought.

In order to unify the world, into a peaceful NWO sort of existence.

One needs to have an identifiable threat to the entire world, one that lasts for years.

Could Islam be that identifiable threat?

Is Islam being used
intentionally to create so much pain and suffering on the world
that the world is willing to unite
to put an end to the seemingly endless pain and suffering
inflicted in the name of Muhammad and Islam

(which unfortunately for the peaceful Muslim - means in the end
eradicating Islam itself)

Maybe not for the eradication but for the promotion of a world wide excepted Islam. The new and approved version without the nut jobs. Or a means testing if you will for all religion.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I don't see any form of intentional manipulation consistent with brain washing or stockholm syndrome...I think that what is most concerning is that some uneducated people could start attributing extreme actions and ideologies to the average Muslim when it is indeed not true.

That said, the fact is that most people are intelligent enough to understand that there are extremists in every group. These terrorist attacks should be, and fortunately are, mostly looked at as isolated incidents stemming from a minority of extreme groups.

People like to point to Islam and criticise its culture and 'extreme nature', but i think radical ideological perspectives stem from societal upbringings and personal experiences. I like to compare the regions of Kurdistan and Saudi Arabia when i make this case. The majority of Kurds and Saudi Arabians are Muslim, but the ideological and cultural differences between the two peoples and societies surpass the Quran and Islam. They go back to history and the society in which the individual cultures are based. Saudi Arabia remains a generally oppressive and strict state whereas the Kurdistan regions are more progressive and equal.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Westerners are tolerant to things that make Muslims angry, yes. But there are CERTAINLY topics that make westerners act like..., well terrorists.

Well wouldn't citizens of western nations be within their same and reasonable rights and good wits to demand that their governments deport all known radical clerics that breath out violence against the host culture?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Krazysh0t

My point here is that there is demonstrably a double standard in how these things are treated.

No one assumes that when an African American does something bad that every other member of his group is also at fault. This is because the media bends over backward to make sure they report on him as an individual. No criticism must ever fall upon the African American community as a whole from any incident. It is the narrative. There are other "victim" groups that are handled the same way.

However, apparently other groups are groups that when one of their number does something, all are reported on as part and parcel. Christians are treated this way. Muslims are treated this way. Gun owners are treated this way. In these cases, it apparently serves the narrative for the group to be treated in that manner as one monolithic whole all of one mind. The public should be tempted to perceive them as such from the media accounts.

You are highlighting a deceptive media sensationalism tactic here. I'm glad you recognize it.

Now when it comes to Muslims, I am unsure of just exactly why they are being treated as the monolith. There are two reasons. The easy answer as far as most on this board are concerned is so that we will continue to justify WAR WAR WAR, but since people are tired of that and no longer want to fight, I think this is false. I think the second, more complicated answer might be the one we should be wary of.

In this case, I think they want us to think of Muslims as unfairly victimized, creating a new victim group. This allows the terrorists to move freely in Western Nations. Their actions then can strike and create fuel on the fire justifying new and ever more oppressive law enforcement measures leading to tighter and tighter police state. After all, most of the world is "good Muslims," what is there to go to WAR against? Terror, therefore, is a law enforcement issue, and can I see your papers, please?

I think they just want to continue to justify the usage of all this expensive technology. After all if there wasn't a need, the government wouldn't spend money on it. The businesses involved with this have to push the narrative that we NEED this tech. Just look to the owners of various media companies and their connections to other industries.

But the rhetoric above is also used to justify increasing escalation stateside. It also helps that we have the war on drugs and its ever constant increasing escalation of force. Notice that many law enforcement agencies around the country get military surplus tech? We are talking about a BIG honey pot here with MANY hands in the jar. It all relies on American fear. The media needs to push the fear that Americans are constantly in danger so that they don't unanimously decide that we don't need these things anymore.

It is a grand deception and the whole country is in on it.
edit on 12-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This problem cannot be addressed until the underlying causes are accepted and realized.

1. The host

2. The agitator

If we look at extremism as a disease or virus, locating the host is crucial in identifying and eliminating the outbreak.

On the other hand, the agitator is used to spread the disease. Often mutating into other forms in its quest to dominate and proliferate it's self.

Having said that, and until we can identify and accept where and what creates and exacerbates the problem, it will probably continue.

There is no excuse for what these people do. If there is any brainwashing going on, it would be them accepting and believing what their doing is right. However, castigating everyone for the acts of a few is wrong, and believing otherwise invites in paranoia and cynicism.

So, don't jump on the bandwagon of fear and panic. This often more times than not, leads our world down dark paths and ruin. Standing together against such tyranny, regardless of belief is prudent, IMO.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
I don't see any form of intentional manipulation consistent with brain washing or stockholm syndrome...I think that what is most concerning is that some uneducated people could start attributing extreme actions and ideologies to the average Muslim when it is indeed not true.

That said, the fact is that most people are intelligent enough to understand that there are extremists in every group. These terrorist attacks should be, and fortunately are, mostly looked at as isolated incidents stemming from a minority of extreme groups.

People like to point to Islam and criticise its culture and 'extreme nature', but i think radical ideological perspectives stem from societal upbringings and personal experiences. I like to compare the regions of Kurdistan and Saudi Arabia when i make this case. The majority of Kurds and Saudi Arabians are Muslim, but the ideological and cultural differences between the two peoples and societies surpass the Quran and Islam. They go back to history and the society in which the individual cultures are based. Saudi Arabia remains a generally oppressive and strict state whereas the Kurdistan regions are more progressive and equal.

Generally speaking, Muslims live a life that isn't much more extreme than the Amish, but I don't see the Amish running around perpetrating terrorist acts. They live among us English, sell us fabulous quilts, pies and woodcrafts and keep more or less to themselves.

I would be content if the more fundamental Muslims wanted to take that route rather than blowing people up.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Why wouldn't I? I studied journalism in college for a few years before switching to literature.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: grandmakdw
I was reading a book about social engineering recently that sparked a thought.

In order to unify the world, into a peaceful NWO sort of existence.

One needs to have an identifiable threat to the entire world, one that lasts for years.

Could Islam be that identifiable threat?

Is Islam being used
intentionally to create so much pain and suffering on the world
that the world is willing to unite
to put an end to the seemingly endless pain and suffering
inflicted in the name of Muhammad and Islam

(which unfortunately for the peaceful Muslim - means in the end
eradicating Islam itself)

Maybe not for the eradication but for the promotion of a world wide excepted Islam. The new and approved version without the nut jobs. Or a means testing if you will for all religion.

I don't think it is to gain an accepted Islam
I think it is to make Islam a scapegoat
that so enrages the rest of the world
that it accepts the NWO for protection
and in order to implement the NWO

all of Islam would be "excepted" from the world -
and yes -
a sort of test imposed on all religions
or a deep repression of all religions
to fill the human need for worship
with a religion that worships the state
similar to the pharaohnic worship in Egypt

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Extremist Islamics are off the hook......there isn't anyone near their level right now.

This constant mantra about extremists in all groups may be another part of the who brainwashing flow. Do we not all see how the end of this is the promotion of Good Muslims? Even in the face of all this violence we still must stop and have our "papers checked" as it were to see if we are true believers that most Muslims are cool? Just never you mind the Mosque they are building down the road friend they are not bad like these guys over here.

Do we forget how after 911 they were so soon talking about a Muslim worship center being built near the WTC site? And if you say anything about it your a phobe? The bad guys are blowing stuff up and then the "good guys" come in and demand tokens of peace and acceptance.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well wouldn't citizens of western nations be within their same and reasonable rights and good wits to demand that their governments deport all known radical clerics that breath out violence against the host culture?

Well they could just arrest them and try them for the crimes that they committed... I, personally, wonder why a crime called "Terrorism" needs to exist. Everything a terrorist does is considered illegal (usually with very serious legal penalties attached to these things). Why do we need additional laws for them anyways? It just allows us to create a bogeyman to fear.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The Amish don't live in a violent, war-torn area. No one has invaded them, killed their women and children, or oppressed them. They might be different if those things had happened to them over a period of years and years.

Do you have a problem with the Muslims having their own areas in the West? Places that are strictly Muslim? Because I have heard a lot of criticism of those areas. I hear, "Why don't they assimilate?" Who is demanding that the Amish assimilate?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well that wasn't exactly information that I was privy to before I wrote that response so forgive me for not assuming things about you.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Extremist Islamics are off the hook......there isn't anyone near their level right now.

I mean no offence, but i think you are looking too far into this and perhaps making connections where there are none.

Extreme Muslims are not off the hook. They are surveilled and mostly restricted from travelling. If they are found to be guilty of violating a law, they will be arrested and jailed.

This constant mantra about extremists in all groups may be another part of the who brainwashing flow. Do we not all see how the end of this is the promotion of Good Muslims? Even in the face of all this violence we still must stop and have our "papers checked" as it were to see if we are true believers that most Muslims are cool?

That's the truth though...there are extremists in all groups. There are Christian terrorists. Just as there are Muslim terrorists, Jewish terrorists, Buddhist terrorist and so on. I don't see any inherent program trying to persuade people that there are good Muslims. The fact is that most of them are fine and most people understand that. There is no need to promote it...and when it does get featured on a news report, it is for the sake of balance.

Just never you mind the Mosque they are building down the road friend they are not bad like these guys over here.

The same can be said about any building. For example: Don't mind the church they are building, as they aren't extremists like the Westboro Baptist church or Anders Breivik...

Extremists may attend local churches, mosques or synagogues, we simply don't know. It really doesn't matter though when we consider the fact that most religious followers are nice people, and that the extremists are likely surveilled.

Do we forget how after 911 they were so soon talking about a Muslim worship center being built near the WTC site? And if you say anything about it your a phobe? The bad guys are blowing stuff up and then the "good guys" come in and demand tokens of peace and acceptance.

Who gives a damn where a worship centre is built. The general Muslim shouldn't be condemned for the actions of a few terrorists. How would you feel if someone were to restrict you based on your religious beliefs or ethnicity?

edit on 12-1-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

The Muslim no-go areas in places like France are areas where not even the police are allowed in.

I have never heard of the Amish keeping the police out. You are perfectly free to drive through an Amish area if you want. No one will threaten to attack you or rape your women if they do not wear a dress or head covering. This is the risk you take if you go into a Muslim no-go area. So there is a difference.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Forgive me for not adding a smiley to make the intent of that response clear.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

I simply mean that they are acting up.....burring, raping and pillaging in several locations. And if they are so well monitored than how do they get to Yemen for training and so on? Then back into he country weapons and rpgs ect? Carry out a hit. Yea sounds like someone is really watching them.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Do the Amish instill fear in neighboring communities with violence, intimidation, hateful speech like the fundamentalist Muslims in their own areas?

I love when people bring up the Amish or Hasidim to justify Muslim zones in other countries. When was the last time the Amish instilled fear, or the Hasidim? In America we have Hasidic neighborhoods but even though you're not generally free to purchase homes, or stop there just for fun, they won't consider you a heretic if you don't follow their rules.

Heck, I don't think the tourists in Amish country are told milk a cow or face a lashing...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join