It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America snubs historic Paris rally

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Oh that stung. I mean my fingers. The..the pain.

Well anyway, congrats neo96! Great contribution as usual!

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Things that make you go hmmm,

Lot's of world leaders hell even Netanyahu, and Abbas showed up to Paris today.

Hell Holder was in Paris, but didn't seem to bother to show up.

Dunno what our 'fearless' leader was doing today.

Looks snobby and politically very non correct but at the same time I can understand Obama. How can he go in Paris to rally for the murder of 16 people when in the city he was launched politically from there are 45 shooting resulting in 8 murders. And is only the beginning of the year. Still 11 and a half more months to go. So how can he morally have the face to go to Paris when in his dear Chicago is 10 time worst?

To illustrate:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 12-1-2015 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I don't recall millions gathering and world leaders joining hands after 9/11 in this country and a lot more people died in that terrorist attack. I guess Europe is more important than us...

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
the rally was a gathering o hypocrites

Sergey Lavrov, the Foreign Minister of Russia, attended the rally - is there freedom of speech in Russia ? No

Turkeys prime minister was at the rally but there is no freedom of speech in Turkey

Netanyahu at a peace/freedom rally ? Do i need to say more ?!

Egyptian foreign minister was at the rally ! Try drawing Mohamed in Egypt and see how far freedom of speech will get you.

F####G hypocrites..

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Maybe because US presidents only attend rallies to stand against the false flag events that they had a hand in creating? Sept. 14th, ahem.

For some reason, I don't care he didn't attend. There is a bigger issue afoot here than leaders of countries linking arms and marching against terrorism. That was a publicity stunt and to see it any differently is utter insanity. Any time you see Netanyahu and Abbas together you have to question what is going on.

The question is, what is about to happen in Europe and other countries that the leaders needed to create this publicity stunt?
edit on 12-1-2015 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Attorney General Eric Holder was RIGHT IN PARIS and DID NOT ATTEND the rally!
Kerry was also within easy traveling distance, didn't even try, and called all the outrage "quibbling." If there were a document circulating right now apologizing to France and the world for our leadership, I would sign it!

Personally I find Obama's behavior in this incident alarming in the extreme--chastising North Korean terrorists who only hacked a few files and threatened personal and property damage, causing embarrassment and alarm but no casualties, and brushing it off when Moslem terrorists massacre 12 people in cold blood! This even has ME hitting the panic button that he's cozying up to the Moslems and I never even believed it! (Until now. Sort of. Maybe.)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CoriSCapnSkip

Seriously? I thought they were in America? If they were there why not show up even for a minute?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: CoriSCapnSkip

Seriously? I thought they were in America? If they were there why not show up even for a minute?

No, actually it was said at first that either the Secretary of State or Attorney General would attend but neither did despite their proximity. The Vice President also had absolutely nothing on his schedule.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Isn't it obvious? A quote from just 2 years ago " The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam " was made by our president Obama. He refuses to put the 2 words Muslīm and terrorists together in a sentence,and he has at least 6 members of the Muslim brotherhood in his administration. He's showīng hîs support for the violent events in Paris by not condemning them.
edit on 13-1-2015 by fartsmeller46 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: fartsmeller46

A quote from just 2 years ago " The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam " was made by our president Obama.

I wonder how many who use that quote at every opportunity have read or listened to Obama's full speech.

It also includes this line;

Like me, the majority of Americans are Christian, and yet we do not ban blasphemy against our most sacred beliefs.

The bold for emphasis is mine - but I think he's pretty clear there.

www.whitehouse.gov...

Instead of cherry picking selected sentences perhaps it would be wiser to read the whole speech and try to understand that sentence in the context it was intended.

edit on 13/1/15 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I don't remember snubbing them, so I'm guessing you mean our "reps". The same reps that not all of us voted for, backed or like.

Everyday I run in to more people that hook their thumb at our government asking "who are these crazy people that say they're in charge of us?"

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
We all know if he went..this would be thread about the administration using this as some kind of political tool.

Obama can't win with these guys..

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: fartsmeller46
Isn't it obvious? A quote from just 2 years ago " The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam " was made by our president Obama. He refuses to put the 2 words Muslīm and terrorists together in a sentence,and he has at least 6 members of the Muslim brotherhood in his administration. He's showīng hîs support for the violent events in Paris by not condemning them.

Not only that, but if Obama went to the rally it would have been an omission that he was wrong. He has spent the past six years marginalizing the true threat of Muslim extremist terrorism. Not only will he not use Muslim and terrorist in the same sentence, but a year ago he called ISIS a JV team of terrorists while referring that we have the upper hand on the war on terror. It's reminiscent of Bush's "Mission Accomplished" banner and Cheney's statement that the Iraq insurgency was in it's "last throes", which both were famously erroneous at the time. His trivialization of these animals, as he plays , his politically correct semantics, will cost us dearly. Mark my words, before his term is over, there will be a terrorist attack here in the US that will make 9-11 look like a picnic. Then the Muslim apologist-in-chief can come up with more excuses.

"Obama Dismisses Al-Qaeda Resurgence: They’re JV"
www.theblaze.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Yawn..you people have been saying this from the first month he was in office and yet nothing.

I really think you would be happier if something did happen just so you can go ..."see I told ya"

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Shoulda, coulda, woulda but didn't so who gives a #e? Everyone in DC pissing and moaning about Obama not showing up could have easily booked a flight to Paris but didn't. It's one of those pointing the fingers game when if the issue really mattered folks would have made an effort. Why isn't anyone complaining about Putin not showing up? Hell for all we know the U.S. is behind the whole thing anyway.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: planetyeck
Shoulda, coulda, woulda but didn't so who gives a #e? Everyone in DC pissing and moaning about Obama not showing up could have easily booked a flight to Paris but didn't. It's one of those pointing the fingers game when if the issue really mattered folks would have made an effort. Why isn't anyone complaining about Putin not showing up? Hell for all we know the U.S. is behind the whole thing anyway.

Since the rally was about freedom of speech and freedom of the press, I wouldn't expect Putin to show as he is a champion of neither. But it would have been a nice gesture if the supposed leader of the free world, whose country's principles are based on these rights, made an effort to show solidarity with those who were there, even if it was a photo-op.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

First of all let me say that I recognise and acknowledge that I'm hardly an expert on US affairs and politics.

All around ATS I read people posting that the US initially funded and armed both IS and Al-Qaeda and that the Obama administration are deliberately over playing both groups power, resource and influence.

Here we have Obama stating that Al-Qaeda are no longer major players and compares them to 'Junior Varsity basketball players'.

Yet still he gets slated.

So which is it; do Al-Qaeda pose a serious threat or not?

It seems quite obvious to me that no matter what opinion he offers he will always come under intense criticism - guess that's just one of the perks of the job.

edit on 13/1/15 by Freeborn because: Grammar

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
So goes the latest RW meme. "If he's not there, he doesn't care..." If he had gone, it would have been "how dare he politically capitalize on a tragic event..." with Fox bemoaning every penny spent on the security detail.

People don't get invitations to funerals, or tragic events.

Typically people are suppose to take it upon themselves to show their support, if they care about the people involved.

I think you comment may have some validity, but not in this particular case.

BTW Guess who was the first president, or individual to show their support and actually come to the USA after 911?

Yep the French President Chirac visited the USA on September 20th, 2001.

www.mediaite.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: asmall89
I don't recall millions gathering and world leaders joining hands after 9/11 in this country and a lot more people died in that terrorist attack. I guess Europe is more important than us...

The millions that gathered in Paris of course were mostly French citizen. Most Americans can't be bothered to get off the couch away from watching the Kardashians and Honey Boo-Boo. Unless of course to protest police shooting unarmed criminals, but I don't want to get off topic. And there were Saudi foreign leaders here. But Bush flew them out while our airspace was shut down.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Most Americans won't even pay attention unless the media's telling them it's a worthy cause. I can think of a trillion things more important than the nonsense they push on us. Their causes, movements, fads, memes, false concern, crocodile tears are bull.

How can people truly wake up when the "awakening" happening on the planet is created by the system people are "waking up" to?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join