It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America snubs historic Paris rally

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: UnBreakable

Well holder was there, did you read the article

We all are throwing are arms up in the air but it doesn't seem like france was that upset about by it.

Maybe we all need to not get offended so easily

Ya, I read the article, did you? He was in the area, but didn't participate in the march.

"Eric Holder, top U.S. officials no-shows at Paris unity rally
Eric Holder, top U.S. officials no-shows at Paris unity rally
The U.S. attorney general, in Paris for a terrorism summit with French President Francois Hollande, did not join world leaders such as German Chancellor Angela Merkel, British Prime Minister David Cameron, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas for the march and rally that drew a million people days after 12 were shot at satirical paper Charlie Hebdo. Others such as Obama and Vice President Biden were also not in attendance."

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plugin
a reply to: Indigo5

So spending those trillions made the world safer? nah.. the opposite i dare to say.

I didn't say that the money was well spent, but we took action vs. quartering off a few square blocks for a bunch of European leaders to pose for a picture. If Europe would like to step-up and handle ISIS and AQ...if they have a better way, then great! What comes after the photo-op?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1
By attending Obama would have raised the stature of the murderers.

Media attention is what gives them power.

This is quite a salient point.

The administration probably had a variety of reasons for not sending someone beyond the ambassador.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
for the march and rally that drew a million people days after 12 were shot at satirical paper Charlie Hebdo. Others such as Obama and Vice President Biden were also not in attendance."

I am no mathematician, but that doesn't look like 1 Million people to me?

It looks like a bunch of politicians posing with a few blocks of the city roped off..

Again...great Photo-Op, and I hope they back up what they POSED for..

But I could care less whether the President or anyone else attended the Photo-Op.

Flash over substance, photo-ops vs. action...Press releases vs. what the USA has given in dollars and lives the past decade plus.

edit on 12-1-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: caprellid

The biggest Jew haters there are is those 'innocent' muslims.

What do people think the 'arab/israeli' conflict is all about ?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Neither did the other world leaders.
You really think their security would let them be around that many people?

So it should say he didn't pose for the photo op!

He took part in everything but the photo op, not sure how that is not an american presence there.

And again, are the french even mad about this?

We are all up in arms about how disrespectful this was and this and that but the people that have a horse in the race don't seem to mind much.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

People think it's disrespectful and typical of this administration, and it definitely is.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flint2011
a reply to: neo96

It is my opinion that there was not enough time to properly secure the President's attendance and sending anyone else would have been a bigger snub by the way the Administration seems to think. Just my 2 cents.

I agree with you. The prez (any prez) doesn't just walk out the door and hop on a plane. There was a legitimate time constraint.

The U.S. did have a representative. I don't support the pettiness of "he wasn't high up enough on the ladder.

It's stupid.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

But why do we need to think that if the people we say he was 'disrespectful' to don't agree?

Seems like we are getting easily offended by something.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Who did Canada send?

Public Safety Minister Steven Blaney

Any other representatives from the North/South American continents?

edit on 12-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

A leader personally showing support for unity after a terrorist attack? Really that's too much to ask for? A leader to join other leaders and show support, compassion and fraternal goodwill after terrorists attacked the country and their people?

Personally I'm not offended, I just think it's one more thing that proves he's an incompetent goon with anti-West tendencies who's following orders.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Oops!
edit on 12-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Neither did the other world leaders.

You really think their security would let them be around that many people?

So it should say he didn't pose for the photo op!

He took part in everything but the photo op, not sure how that is not an american presence there.

And again, are the french even mad about this?

We are all up in arms about how disrespectful this was and this and that but the people that have a horse in the race don't seem to mind much.

Who said the French are mad? Maybe a little disappointed, not foot-stomping mad. Like the next time we want to form an 'international coalition' on one of our conquests to police the world, maybe those participating nations in the rally won't rush to join us when requested.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

He showed plenty of support, to say that he didn't is just being willfully ignorant of what he did.

Possibly, guess we will just have to wait and find out..
And I was asking you if the french were mad, cause if they are not, what grounds does the american public have to be mad about?
edit on thMon, 12 Jan 2015 15:28:45 -0600America/Chicago120154580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

No. Supporting his absence is willfully ignorant. But I guess some ambassador or gov lackey #1 is sufficient huh?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Why cause I am willing to accept the idea that the president can't go to paris where there has just been attacks on two days notice?
Ya, totally willfully ignorant.
edit on thMon, 12 Jan 2015 15:44:51 -0600America/Chicago120155180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Your whole argument is based off of "France isn't angry why should we be?". So once again, as usual with you, Obama cannot face any criticism. So typical and I don't expect anything from you but sycophantic nonsense when it comes to the puppet in chief.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

That is why I said he should have been there on page one right?

So assume and attack all you want.

And I have said more then that, but that is a key point yes.

Why do we need to be up in arms about this biting of the thumb by barry if the people he supposedly did it to are not?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Same with you. I expect to see you jump anytime someone questions Obama. See, posters like you are 100% predictable. Believing the gov is corrupt but oh no not my party. Trust me, you're duped. Your internet attitude is meaningless because you as well as millions who voted for Obama (and even if they didn't vote for anyone, defending them is literally being complicit) will continue to believe he can do no wrong.

How do you know the French aren't upset? Because you read a few news articles?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Your whole argument is based off of "France isn't angry why should we be?". So once again, as usual with you, Obama cannot face any criticism. So

Your whole argument seems to be based off of ...Damned if Obama does, Damned if Obama Doesn't...Damn Obama!

Again...how about you total the entire amount of troops, funds, resources, strikes, military actions against ISIS..any measure of substance you choose...of every nation represented in that photo op and compare it to what the USA under Pres. Obama's leadership has given and actually DONE?

Actions matter and trump symbolic gestures.
edit on 12-1-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join