It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America snubs historic Paris rally

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

There was higher-level Obama administration representation on this season's episodes of "The Good Wife" on CBS.

'Nuff said.
www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
So goes the latest RW meme. "If he's not there, he doesn't care..." If he had gone, it would have been "how dare he politically capitalize on a tragic event..." with Fox bemoaning every penny spent on the security detail.

Then he should at least sent Biden, Kerry, or Holder. I just can't fathom we have two years left of this admin. continuously embarrassing us in front of the rest of the world. It will be interesting to see reactions from the rest of the world when we suffer our next 9-11 type of attack which will undoubtedly occur before the end of his lame duck term. We then can't bitch if the rest of the world shows the same non-chalance as he demonstrates. It was like pulling teeth for him to finally concede that what happened in France was truly a terrorist attack in the first place.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Well holder was there, did you read the article

We all are throwing are arms up in the air but it doesn't seem like france was that upset about by it.

Maybe we all need to not get offended so easily

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
From Drudge:

Obama finally invisible

edit on 12-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Please.

Anyone that is upset by this already doesn't have a positive opinion of the administration.

This is preaching to the choir, and I'm glad I don't go to church.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TheArrow

Yeah well it's because of stuff like this is why people don't.

I am glad for not deifying the state, and it's 'false prophet'.
edit on 12-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Josh Earnest is making excuses for Obama.

Security my snip.

Paris was one of the SAFEST places on the GLOBE yesterday.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

As someone who doesn't subscribe to the madness of either party, I don't think it would've happened that way. Just tacky not to show up.

I think the US Presidents presence would have been distracting. The USA has indisputably been point on the war against Radical Islam for over a decade now, we have spent more in dollars and lives than the rest of the world combined and by a huge margin. If Pres. Obama was there, the world press would have focused on him with a lot of newscasts ending with "...also in attendance was Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu "...etc.

For once this wasn't about the USA and for once it looks like the rest of the world is poised to step up and not leave the battle primarily up to the USA.

Given that the USA has provided 95% of the resources and lives battling these lunatics, it can't be alleged that somehow we are not committed to the cause. We have been fighting this war for a very long time when getting help from our European allies was not always easy.

Flash over substance...A rally is great, now let's see what more our European friends do to help in the fight and if that Rally had any substance beyond a symbolic gesture.

Given all we have sacrificed as a country vs. the rest of the western world, I don't think I have much patience for anyone questioning our commitment because our President didn't show up to get his picture taken.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Major Update !!!

Now we know why Obama didn't go !!

Important Topic Updates

Social media accounts for the U.S. military’s Central Command appeared to have been hacked on Monday, with the command posting threatening messages on Twitter and YouTube to American troops.

The first rogue tweet was posted about 12:30 p.m. It appeared to come from sympathizers of the Islamic State militant group. The Central Command has orchestrated the U.S.-led airstrike campaign against the militants in Iraq and Syria and is beginning to train Iraqi troops to respond to the threat in the region.

Central Command social media accounts apparently hacked by Islamic State sympathizers

WAR Imminent !!

... --- ...

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I wonder when they are going to 'hack' his golf clubs.

That's the only way he will care.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: xuenchen

I wonder when they are going to 'hack' his golf clubs.

That's the only way he will care.

They need to switch some golf balls with the type that are imbalanced with lead weights.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It isn't that bad Obama didn't went, it's not they were really leading the people; so it was more like a show, not that it was a bad thing but on tv it did seemed they where leading this protest basicly.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plugin
It isn't that bad Obama didn't went, it's not they were really leading the people; so it was more like a show, not that it was a bad thing but on tv it did seemed they where leading this protest basicly.

Of course it was a show, a show of solidarity.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

So why Marine Le Pen didn't get an invitation then?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Flint2011

Clinton wasn't cheap:
www.freerepublic.com...

There he goes again. Our globe-trotting president was flying high this month, traveling to Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Oman, and Switzerland. That brings the total out-of-country days for President Clinton, the Traveler-in-Chief, to 212. He's racked up visits to 66 countries -- some more than once -- and 2 territories not recognized as countries. He is, by any measure, the most traveled U.S. president ever.

And just how much is this latest foray estimated to cost the American taxpayer? ABC News, apparently relying on unnamed Pentagon sources, has reported a price tag: a cool $50 million -- the "most expensive overseas trip ever taken by a president," as they put it during the March 23 broadcast of World News Tonight. And because the newscast did not fully identify the costs, it is unclear if this estimate includes only military costs - or even only Air Force costs.

Meanwhile, Air Force Times also pegged the cost at $50 million [3/27/00], implying this figure reflects Air Force costs alone. The article also identifies the numbers and types of aircraft dedicated to the trip: 14 C-17 Globemaster IIIs; 12 C-5 Galaxys, 3 C-141 Starlifters; and 2 C-130 Hercules. In addition, 7 KC-10 Extenders and 39 KC-135 Stratotankers were to deploy. The return mission was to require the same types and numbers of assets with some exceptions, but to include an additional 10 Galaxys and 3 more Stratotankers.

But sure it did even became more expensive.

But the problem I have these people lead us in trying to make the world safer but they basically do the opposite.
They don't even know real freedom, they probably feel scared without security but they make the rules for us, not the best folks for making rules for us then in my opinion.

edit on 12-1-2015 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Being there for a photo op is not the only way to show solidarity.

The French aren't even mad about this but yet we are acting like his is him pissing on their carpet.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Okay.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Of course it was a show, a show of solidarity.

Terrific...not to put too much of point on it, but perhaps after the Photo-Op is over they can pitch in on the War against these psychopaths in a real way with troops and dollars and relieve the US of the Trillions we spend defending most of the Western World?

Again...great "show" of unity...the USA has backed that with lives and action for over a decade. I'll revisit this topic of whether the Pres. of the USA should attend rallies centered on the sudden realization by Europe that AQ and ISIS are a threat when France and others step up their troop and dollar commitments to the fight. Because...my God...everyone likes to give the USA sh*& about how we are handling the war on terrorism, while not pitching in. Let's see what changes...

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

So spending those trillions made the world safer? nah.. the opposite i dare to say.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Where's the rally for the multiple retaliatory attacks against innocent places of muslim worship that occurred the past few days in France? Where's the rally for the 100,000 Jews that have fled France due to disgusting antisemitism of the French? Why do we care more about a man who got his kicks by pissing people off?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join