It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What s your biggest personal fear about terrorism?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
So what is it. I apologise for being blasé I'm not really scared about it on a personal level, so im interested to know what I should be scared about. How far should we go to alleviate people's fears?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I feel the Government should undertake more surveillance and limit our freedoms more in order to tackle the threat on our freedoms from these nasty, scary terrorists.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
My fear would be that it's actually real.

I realise that's not going to be a popular answer, but it's my only answer.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
My own government.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I do not fear terrorism

But I am pretty sure I would start pooping bricks if I found myself facing down the barrel of a AK-47 with a angry man's figure on the trigger shouting "ALLAHU AKBAR!!!!!"

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr
That most people will never come to realize who the real terrorists are.
(government)
edit on 11-1-2015 by Tucket because: clarity

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
I feel the Government should undertake more surveillance and limit our freedoms more in order to tackle the threat on our freedoms from these nasty, scary terrorists.

I'm sensing a hint of sarcasm in your post, but if you haven't done anything wrong you have nothing to fear

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I do not fear terrorism

But I am pretty sure I would start pooping bricks if I found myself facing down the barrel of a AK-47 with a angry man's figure on the trigger shouting "ALLAHU AKBAR!!!!!"

That would be scary, maybe people need to lose their fear of death. If we all managed to do that, there would be nothing to fear.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
None .. worlds a dangerous place .. if you cant handle that then cower in your houses .. life is meant to be lived .. live it.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

My biggest personal fear is that millions of ordinary people are tricked into believing that if we just sacrifice enough of our civil liberties and freedoms - we get safety in return.

Or that a fundamentalist ideology and tactic (terrorism via asymmetric warfare) can ever be defeated by using a broadswoard (means of regular warfare).

Or that the fascist masterminds behind the wolfowitz-doctrin manage to exploit the recent attacks to gather support for their agenda and even more imperialistic wars.

My biggest personal fear is that we've already lost.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I refuse to be intimidated by terrorism. It will not make me change anything. This is the only way to deny those who commit acts of terror whether it be states or extremist groups of any kind.

My biggest concern is the responses of government; making us suffer in terms of our liberty because of what criminals are engaging in. If the governments take such courses of legislation then they are allowing democracy to be sabotaged.

In the digital age there are of course whole new issues of state and individual vulnerabilities. If we are to maintain our current systems of law and order then it follows new legislation must come into being to protect us. For example, the security services have to have tactics to deal with terrorist hacking. The finance sector has to deal with identity theft and secure digital financial transactions. I also think we need new rights of privacy in the wake of the huge market buying and selling our personal data; this is disgusting and should be tackled immediately.

Yes, there needs to be a security service to protect us. I think we need a kind of law and rights renaissance because the digital age has changed our lives so much and as it stands our collective and individual vulnerabilities are not protected.

All I have to say is don't let extremism win and put us all in chains. It is our liberty and freedom that sets us apart as something worth cherishing. Without that we will just be more of the same constant civil strife, war, poverty, etc where life becomes cheap.

edit on 11-1-2015 by lonesomerimbaud because: spelling.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

The western government agenda that lays behind it.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
My Biggest Fear is that we continue to Terrorise the Middle east.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Mine are the same as Cobaltic , that our governments will knee jerk their way into curtailing our civil liberties and effectively give the terrorists what they want.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

my biggest fear is my kids i wont fly anywhere just want them safe. If i was alone i dont think it would bother me.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: zedy63

my biggest fear is my kids i wont fly anywhere just want them safe. If i was alone i dont think it would bother me.
That's fair enough. Seems like a legitimate fear.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I'm old enough to remember the IRA bombings in the 80s. Irish friends were still being pulled over at Customs at Liverpool airport in the early 2000s. I remember when litter bins were removed from train platforms and street bins were redesigned to make it harder to put bombs in them. Another mate got cuts when the Arndale bomb went off.

We got on with life.

My greatest personal fear right now is that we'll never get the world back. We've collectively given away our freedoms in return for an imaginary, unattainable security. I see hatred for the whole Islamic world for the actions of a minority of extremists. I see hatred of the whole Western world for the actions of our leaders. There's not enough critical thinking or pursuit of peace. In 2003, millions across the world protested against the Iraq War - it was a turn in the road and we took the wrong path by going ahead anyway.

The crux of my 'personal fear' is the world isn't ours; we're only here for a while. What world are we leaving for our children and their children?

link   
Personally, I fear that in the US political correctness

which has become a form of bullying people into submission
through threatening jobs, reputations, livelihoods
will prevail to the point

The US will have enclaves similar to France,
no go zones,
where Shariah law will rule over federal law
where no non-muslims will be allowed to go

Which helped to breed the monsters we see today

allowing them to be so separated from the rest of society
so separated from ideas other than their own
that they become like a person who is isolated

a form of insanity and paranoia

is what happens when an individual is isolated
from other people
it appears to also happen when a group
is isolated or isolates itself from the "outside world"

In the US we are headed that way with the Muslim community
because of political correctness

If people of any other faith behaved this way, now in the 2000's
I mean now, discounting what happened hundreds of year ago
But right now
If people of any other faith behaved in this manner
they would be excoriated
, especially Christians
(Christians are losing businesses and job for what,
not baking cakes or arranging flowers? While
terrorists are excused as being provoked into
killing/torturing - and justified in pedophilia)
Look at how the US press excoriates the Jews in Israel
while pampering the Muslims with their politically correct treatment,
refusing to even call a Muslim killing, yelling Allah Akbar, a terrorist
even the US president won't call what happened in France, terrorism

Because of the pampering and political correctness of the US press, the federal government, etc.

The US could quite easily end up like France
with an uprising of terror

While terrorists will be excused as having been provoked by the federal government
into justified behavior by the politically correct and oppressive liberals/progressives and the mainstream press

This is my greatest fear:
Out of political correctness and pampering of the Islamic separatist, will arise terrorism so great in the US, it will make the civil war and the American revolution look like a tea party rally of old people and families with babies.

edit on 7Sun, 11 Jan 2015 07:26:52 -0600am11101amk110 by grandmakdw because: format addition

link   
Blowback.

Average Americans aren't responsible for the War on Terror. But they are the ones that pay the price.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Not scared at all...I wasn't when the ira bombed my home city not scared now.
If I was scared they have won.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join