It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is focused/one pointedness meditation demonic?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Maybe I can meet them again
cheers all.
My brother was really into it all and he guided me when we meditated but its been 20 odd years since and I just can't remember.
Cheers again xxx

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Scary but my bear and gnomes were always lovely...
The bear was like a protector.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Rtardx

You may disagree, pal.

But what Ricky said is actually very philosophical & poignant to your op question...

Don't miss the snake, searching for the berries...

I like it anyways.

Haha, I'm doing meditation to become smarter and more aware of what's going on. If anything it'll open your mind to oppurtunities.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Can't figure out whether or not tulpas are part of your mind or spiritual entities decieving you into believing they are.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

He practiced merkaba meditation. Im not sure that a specific form of meditation guarantees demonism, it just increases the potential.

I get sleep paralysis, shared dreams, and OoBE's when I do something as simple as reading a biblical Psalm before going to bed. But then again, I do research some intense biblical subjects.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Definitely will help you learn new things & such...

But I'm sure you've heard of Pandora's Box...

Be careful is all we are saying.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

They begin as part of the conscious Mind...

But it is said they they adapt and soon become subconscious & then they can interact without stimulus.

I only mentioned Tulpas because they are different to Demons, & a couple of posters have alluded to what defines a Tulpa rather than a Demon.

If they don't believe in Demons that's fair enough, but to me it seems dangerous to confuse the two.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Sahabi

So are those dudes okay to be around? the Tulpa?.

Tulpas are manifested thought-forms. They may be intentionally brought on by mental, spiritual, mystical, and metaphysical workings, or they may manifest as a product of your subconscious. Physically, they are purely safe. Mentally and emotionally, they can wreck havoc on your inner peace if you allow them to fill you with fear, anger, or hate.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Interesting, i've considered simply doing biblical meditation and prayer to yahweh/yeshuua so i could increase my cognition avoid paranormal experiences at the same time, and have also figured that no matter which spiritual practice you do youll end up going through similar spiritual experiences, this has helped solidify my suspicions. When you say intense biblical subjects do you mean conspiracy theories like time travel and the bible codes in the bible?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I'm being as safe as i can be, but trying to find the most efficient way possible to progress.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Anything that involves chanting or speech repetition is demonic by biblical standards. If you put yourself in a trance, you may also be exposing yourself to demons.

Catholics chant and use speech repetition when handling a rosary, during prayers, and for affirmations. Chanting and speech alone is not a prerequisite for demonic activity.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I count the syllables in the hebrew text of the OT to establish a prophetic timeline. Many psalms and prophecies are metered in a pattern of 7. This is not the ELS sequence known as "bible codes". Ive determined that Jesus will return in mid-September of 2023. There is a massive conspiracy related to this info. Since Ive made that discovery, the demons have been all over my family, friends and myself.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Catholics chant and use speech repetition when handling a rosary, during prayers, and for affirmations. Chanting and speech alone is not a prerequisite for demonic activity.

Jesus taught us specifically not to pray in repetition.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The real reason that meditation is shunned by mainstream religion and affiliated with demons is because meditation helps you to break free from control mechanisms.

At progressive levels of meditation, we begin to truly realize and understand concepts such as:

Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in within."

Luke 17:20-21

If Jesus says that the Kingdom of Heaven is within, what point does it make to demonize meditation?

edit on 1/9/15 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest Wouldn't be surprised, so are you implying the rapture is around 2016?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

9/16/2016.
2nd line

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

The Kingdom is within only if you believe that Jesus died for our sins. Only those in union with Christ possess the Kingdom. Once you have that, then prayer in its proper usage and form is far more effective than meditation can ever be. I speak from experience on both sides.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

That sounds like some false prophecizin to me, But then again someone's predicting the rapture every day and hour, so if it does happen someone's going to know when it happened.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Jesus taught us specifically not to pray in repetition.

Are you referring to Matthew 6:7?

And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.

The word "babbling" has been incorrectly translated as "repetitions" by editions such as the King James Version.

The original Greek word used is βαττολογέω (Battalogeó), and is listed by Strong's Concordance as word #945. It is a compound word formed by the two words "Battos" and "Logos".

The word Battalogeó is more akin to babbling, stammering, and uttering long-winded empty words,... rather than being a simple synonym for "repeat".

In the above verse, it is clear that Jesus was referring to vain, long, drawn-out, and empty words, not "repetitions".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join