It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is focused/one pointedness meditation demonic?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Rtardx

Hey Rtardx,

Meditation in general is natural. All human beings do it on the conscious or subconscious level to some extent.
I guess my question for you is when you say focused/ one pointed meditation, what exactly are you focusing on?
As some other posters have mentioned here , If you focus too much on something it can materialize.
I would differ on some of the comments, that demons aren't real.
Trust me when I tell you this from my personal experience. Demons are VERY real. And there are millions on top of millions who have encountered them personally just like me. My story would shock you.

If you meditate and you sense the presence of something evil OR good be very conscious and test the spirits. All channeling, astral projection, forms of witchcraft, oujiaa boards etc.. all come from the demonic realm.

So in response to your question, be VERY careful and ask Jesus Christ to guard your heart and show you the truth, he is always faithful to his promises, and I trust in faith that he will expose to you how the occult operates.

I can't say with 100% certainty that the one pointedness mediation you're speaking of will usher in demons, but I would tread very lightly or not even go into it at all.

trust me when I tell you this, the occult is no joke. dabbling into it, can bring curses on ones life and even destroy your physical health and bring you to death's door. The demonic realm can disquise itself as light beings with amazing knowledge for you, and they can make you feel euphoric. It's all a part of a larger agenda though. They're end games is to destroy you.

Seek God, before all and you will experience deeper truths and peace then any ritual can

God Bless man

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
"There is maybe a 100 people who truly hate the Catholic Church, but millions who hate what they perceive The Catholic Church to be"

There's a very good chance you don't know anything about The Catholic Church, the church with 1.2 Billion people, 1/5th the earth's population.

Jesus said he would be with "us"...HIS church, "til the end of the age". The Holy Spirit cannot be infiltrated. We've had some bad apples in our past, but what family hasn't?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Excellent post

If you want to meditate, pray.

We were created to know, love and serve God. Get to know Him. Meditate. Pray. Talk to him. He don't bite.

a reply to: freedom7

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

Im nondenominational. I subscribe to dispensational theology as revealed in the Hebrew OT and the Greek NT. As a believer in Christ, I am a priest after the order of Melkizedek and a King in training. Via the function of 1 John 1:9, the Holy Spirit reveals the plan of God to me in His word. The calculations and conclusions in my theory have been confirmed by the visions given the Iris Nasreen, who is a servant of God. The revelation communicated through her glorify Christ and His relationship to the Church as His Bride. Those are my credentials. Again, I never asked you to believe me. Catholics generally dont subscribe to dispensationalism.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: freedom7

I'd be focusing on my breath or single objects to improve my concentration, will, and intellect. I have no interest in doing this communicate with entities or develop esp, or anything pertaining to the spiritual realms.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Do you believe the pope is a good guy?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
We are all priests, prophets and kings....(Metaphorical). However, The Bible is very clear on who has apostolic authority. Do you just ignore those parts? You are not a validly ordained priest, in the apostolic succession, directly in a line from Saint Peter, as all Catholic Priests are. Jesus and His church instituted these traditions, not mere men.

a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

My priesthood is not metaphorical, its as real as Jesus' was. I do not acknowledge the authority of the Roman Catholic Church. The Pope is a man in a fancy hat to me, nothing more. I do study under a pastor, but I also think for myself and speak to God on my own behalf...the way God intended His believers to do.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Yes, I believe the pope is a very good guy. Most Jesuits are very good guys. He smells like the sheep, and is an awesome shepherd. Very approachable, easy to relate with. The world needs that right now, in my opinion.

The Holy Spirit chose a wonderful pope.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
So, you're a relativist. You make up the rules as you go along. What you say is what flies. Next year, you'll follow something else. Good luck with that brother.

You say you are Christian, why don't you adhere to EVERYthing Jesus said? Disciple, root word, discipline. Obey. Your heart is hardened.

Jesus gave the keys to Peter, not you. There's been Catholics for 2000 years. How long has your tradition been around? I've never even heard of it.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Well, that's all i need to know.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Call me what you wish, but realize that you are judging me at your own expense.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I would never judge your heart, or your salvation, thats between you and God. You call it "judging", ok i'll use your word. We ARE allowed to judge someones actions, their words, and admonishing a sinner is a corporal work of mercy. Im trying to help you get to heaven brother, this aint about me. Im judging your words.

The old "You're judging me!!!" line. That hollow accusation won't work on me. I know what it means, obviously (again) you don't.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
May the grace of Our Lord Jesus Christ, The love of God, and communion with The Holy Spirit be with you Believerpriest-dude. I'll pray for you. Please pray for me.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Ah yes, my salvation, I see now. So that "your heart is hardened", bit was for my own good. Thanks.

My friend, salvation is by faith in Christ's payment for our sins...nothing more, nothing less. You need not worry for me, nor do you have to subscribe to my line of thinking. You have your destiny and I have mine. Lets keep it that way.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Meditation is deep thought.

Think of it like researching the internet for an answer, where you type what you want to know into a search engine, and press enter.

You then click a link/search return to follow it, but if the link turns out to be bad, you go back to the first thing, and click some other link, because you're not just randomly thinking, or day dreaming - you're thinking with purpose.

It's logic, and reasoning, or reflecting upon something to understand it. What you're trying to do is understand the spirit of a thing, it's purpose or will, so that you can see it/image it/understand it.

Think of these words as the image of my awareness and my awareness the awareness I have of my spirit - these words are the image of my spirit/desires, as I see them - I have translated them, from my spirit, into my form/words/images/body/mental images/the light/etc - they are the truth of what I see in my spirit.

During meditation, you want to translate your own spirit, or another's spirit, into words, or you want to reverse that procedure, so that you can see what spirit/desire/purpose a body/form/image/word is the image of.

It's basically just trying to translate, or musing on, something. It's your soul looking at your spirit and body or your soul looking at another's body trying to perceive its spirit/desire.

If you are spiritually dead, or you are negatively possessed, you wont see much truth. And as you know: test the spirits.
edit on 1/10/2015 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
There you go again. Do you know what humility truly means? Root word, same as humus and humor. Deep, rich earth? Parable of the sower ring a bell? Seed falling on crusted earth? This is a hardened heart. You listen to Truth, but you don't hear it.

I'm Catholic, so you dismiss EVERYthing I say, because I'm Catholic. Period. This is your hardened heart.

The need for works is ALL over the bible. Do you even see those?

Did you find the verses that talk about validly ordained priests? Do you even see those?

You'll be judged by your deeds in Revelation. What are deeds? Do you even see those verses when you come across those?

Don't be afraid. This line is mentioned roughly 365 times in the bible. I think God is telling us to, ummm, not be afraid.

You don't need to fear The Catholic Church, the church Jesus instituted.

Come home.

edit on 10-1-2015 by Ignatian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Well, with meditation you take to first steps to explore your mind and your personality. If you are afraid of demons, you will find demons.
So maybe you should work on your reality, before you enter the realm of powerfull imagination. Will say, if you already fear you'll encounter something harmfull to your soul, maybe your soul wants to tell you, you're not there yet.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
If you concentrate on breath without any thoughts of ego (special gifts) you should be fine. But if you are tired the subconscious can sometimes kick in so you have to realize it for what is is and just regain composure. Personally before meditating I always ask my spirit guide for protection against my own foolishness (tough job he has),

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
"You have your destiny, I have mine"

This is the mantra of a relativist. My rebuttal: If mine and your destiny has its' origins in Truth, we would both have the same destiny, assuming there is absolute Truth.

A relativist has a hard time with absolute truths. Their ideas, their plan, their destiny, becomes absolute Truth, many times contrary to Jesus' teachings. Their ideas, their version, (NOT God's) becomes their idol. We shouldn't worship idols....which, for a relativist, is often their own ideas.

God is God....and you are not. Be humble

You're not alone friend. The rot, that is relativism, is rampant in the modern world. "Sola fide", which is obviously your belief, is rooted in relativism. The Protestant Deformation/Reformation had as its' root cause, relativism.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join