It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is focused/one pointedness meditation demonic?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: orbitbaby

Holy Moly batman a niner...thats a record lol.

Hey meditating dudes can one of you make a thread like a beginners guide to meditation?.
I have not done it for 25 years but all of a sudden feel I need to give it a go again.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Rtardx

When I said maybe, it depends on what you focus on...

If it's floral scenery or the crashing waves of the Pacific, you should be fine...

If it's a Bohemian Grove meeting or a Nike Sweatshop in China... Demonic interference is always a possibility...

Anything between the polar scenarios will differ depending on importance.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
If you go out and look for wild strawberries and focus only on red things, you might miss a chunk of gold sitting on the ground. You might also miss the snake sitting in the grass as you are picking up the berries. Focusing too intensely on something means you cannot see other things happening. The people in charge want your focus on what they say is necessary. So by training your mind to focus only on what is deemed necessary, someone can rob you blind. You are now an ATSer, keep your mind open.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
how about my breath or simple objects?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Anything that involves chanting or speech repetition is demonic by biblical standards. If you put yourself in a trance, you may also be exposing yourself to demons.

I struggle with demons in my hypogogic states, and I have a friend who has episodes of acute demon possession from practicing affermations and meditation.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rtardx
a reply to: onequestion

I'm good, I know what i need to do get where i want. I'll avoid the void and not focus on the pocus. Empty-minded meditation has its benefits, but focused meditation totally pwns and can get me to my goals faster.

It seems to me like you already know?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
What two of the posters are telling you are Demons, are actually Tulpa.

Do not confuse the two.

Quite correct! Many "demonic manifestations" are actually "tulpa apparitions". Very good input.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

So are those dudes okay to be around? the Tulpa?.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I disagree, focusing on one thing during training will increase your capacity focus on more things and make you sharper.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I think it depends on the intent but without focus nothing is achievable.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

You should be fine, pal.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

Thanks ...
Myself, I am actually more weary of Tulpa...

There is a lot more information out there to help fight Demonic interference...
Fighting a Tulpa that's fully manifest?...I wouldn't be too confident in my own abilities to be honest.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Another question I have been looking at meditation for beginners on YT but what type should I go for? zen? I dunno?.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

A Tulpa, is basically an imaginary friend...

So in theory you could create one and they'd be the perfect company & companionship...
I think, in essence, it is our Lower self manifesting as whatever you want it to...

But being the lower self, as opposed to higher self... It demands attention...
& the more attention it gets the more it grows & is almost like Spiritual AI in that it can learn itself...

Some people experiment with this, I haven't to be honest...

I'm good with my "voices" & Arch Angel Michael.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Just focus on breathing meditation and see where it goes.

Don't worry about anything else, if your having a hard time meditating then you probably need it more than you think.

The harder it is to meditate the more you need it.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Usually it's what fits best with your situation BM...

You may find that Native American Shaminism has a better affect than Tibeten Buddhism...

Really it's whatever suits you more.

link   
[Quote]Anything that involves chanting or speech repetition is demonic by biblical standards. If you put yourself in a trance, you may also be exposing yourself to demons.

I struggle with demons in my hypogogic states, and I have a friend who has episodes of acute demon possession from practicing affermations and meditation. [/Quote]

Well, I've been doing affirmations for a while and haven't had any demonic experiences, but i'm aware that meditation may induce these experiences, i bet your friend was some new ager doing empty minded meditation and lowering his brain wave state. although im nt sure if it's possible during focused meditation. I've heard of catholic preist floating and levitating during prayers, but they were most likely doing repetitive prayers or doing the rosary.

link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I had those as a kid
A big bear who stood behind me all the time making sure I was ok and many singing gnomes who lived in my coal celler and I used to play with them at night and sleep with them on a bed of coal.
could they have been tulpa?
I can see them now I loved them

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

You may disagree, pal.

But what Ricky said is actually very philosophical & poignant to your op question...

Don't miss the snake, searching for the berries...

I like it anyways.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

If they were consciously manifest then they probably were Tulpa...

There is a chance they were a subconscious mechanism, I had imaginary friends when I was about 3-4-5 as well...

Can't for the life of me picture them now though...

Saying that I did a lot of damage to my brain cells with skunk...

I think I'm a walking advert against legalisation to be honest, even if I am pro

edit on 9-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join