It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Up To 2,000 Feared Slaughtered After Islamists Burn Down Entire Nigerian Town For 'Allah'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

And there are a significant number of Muslims who aren't going around beheading people either. What's your point?

There is a large culture of devout Muslims who aren't hurting anyone. There is a sub-culture of angry, violent, controlling people who want some kind of revenge. It's not the religion that's the problem. It's that sub-culture.

Maybe those large groups of devout muslims who hurt nobody should stand up for their religion by actually doing something against those who are giving the so called religion of peace a bad name but they won't because they would go against their book.

I hear Americans griping about wanting the U.S. out of the middle east. I hear them in an outrage over the drones killing innocent people in those other countries. But other than the lip service, what else are they doing? Nothing. Why is that?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

originally posted by: Boeing777
Infact anyone can say who's the enemy of Allah and who's not. I could declare that Mcdonalds is the enemy of Allah just because they provide pork which isn't permissible in Islam. This is where the terrorists twist it up to suite their agenda. They could declare a fellow Muslim an enemy of Allah simply for disagreeing with their way of interpreting the Quran which btw something is something that has happened several times.

The first actual Jihad in Islam's history was against these sort of nutcases. They were called the Khawarij at the time.
Exactly. Why aren't moderate Muslims standing up and declaring Jihad against these radicals?

lots of non radical muslims have done that today and yesterday,its in the MSM if you want to look.
They do jihad by peaceful means though-not by killing people
Many muslims,and some imams have been holding up the same "Je suis Charlie" posters,and condeming the murderers.

Some of the few muslims I know have been crying real tears about their friends in France,and the despoiling of their religion by fanatics.
The other few have just seem shocked.

None of them are jumping about shouting "allahu akbar."
They hate what is being done in the name of their faith,as far as I can see.

This is from my non muslim/religious perspective.
I believe in the light and the dark ,but magic ancient religious gods now seem to be beyond my humble comprehension.
I have either become an imbecile,or enlightened.
Or an enlightened imbecile maybe?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Islamic extremism is a virus that unfortunately is growing.
Tbh, I don't see an immediate solution to this issue. If only I had a military as powerful as the US army I would wipe out all extremists organizations whenever they pop out and when there's the slightest sign of their existance. There is a bigger problem though. A problem so big that you would need to stand on the moon to see the whole picture.

Looking back at the 60s and 70s, these sort of terrorists attacks happened but not as frequently as between now and 9/11. Back then these nutcases highjacked the most sacred place in Islam, Mecca, that's how crazy these radicals are. Killing Pilgrims in a holy place.

These radicals will do anything, literally anything for their so called Jihad ( that includes suicide bombings too despite the fact that suicide is one of the greatest sins in Islam). They all seem to be a bunch of youngsters, ever noticed that?

So how can this be eliminated? By working together, all muslims and non Muslims. Together we can beat this issue not while divided and hating each other.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: silo13
A reply is coming.
The one that says:

"These are not true Islamic people. This goes against the Koran."

Yes, the same Koran that Boko Haraam reads.

The same bible was read by quakers, spanish inquisition , witchfinder generals, UVF (protestant irish terrorists), IRA (catholic irish terrorists). So that's a meaningless statement.

More meaningful is the deafening silence of the "moderate imams".

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Again. Convert or Die is the Muslim way. I think this verse only serves to further illustrate my point.

I don't think this is true.

Previously, Islam was always presented in a peaceful, tolerant manner. The Prophet Muhammad (s) used to present his neighbors or friends that were not Muslim with gifts and flowers, never holding a sword against them, or ever instigating a struggle or a fight. There are many events in Muslim history where the Prophet made peace treaties with non-Muslims. Islam, despite its rapid spread in its first three centuries, never imposed its beliefs on anyone, as attested by the scrolls of history.

Under this modern ideological extremism, Islam's essential principle of tolerance has been abolished. The Holy Qur'an mentions repeatedly that there is no compulsion in religion and that all people are free to practice any religion they like.

www.islamicsupremecouncil.org...

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Telos
a reply to: Telos

There is plenty more but I think I made my point and I rest my case!!!

Ua nvm about me posting up verses....you did it much better than I could.

Religion of peace.....ya just like I am against eating bacon....just kidding, for real eat bacon it is the shiznit...seriously, it is like awesome in your mouth.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

I use to love bacon (before I was a Muslim)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Sin is delicious.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Oil.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Sin is delicious.

Can't disagree with that.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Vasa Croe

they are not simply making it up on their own.

Actually, the simply are making it up on their own.

Well that would be another part of my question then I guess. If they are making it up, then are all extremists illiterate and unable to read for themselves? I mean, the study of a religion typically requires you to read the texts and study them. Surely there would be questions if they were told one thing and the text says another. How are they misinterpreting this text so blatantly and ignorantly as to make it violent if there is no reference to being violent in the manner in which they are killing?

Doesn't make sense to me. It would have to reference it in some way in order for the leaders to be able to translate it into such a manner as to "trick" others into believing that was the meaning, and not that it meant something peaceful right?

I live in Algeria, I am a Canadian, I can tell you alot of Muslims don't read the Qu'ran, they were born into a Muslim country its taken for granted what they are taught and there are good and bad PEOPLE regardless they are Muslim. Alot of Muslims here are uneducated for lack of resources, alot are old school, alot are modern and don't bother, alot don't go to the mosque and pray religiously. There is no one brand of Muslim, they are as multicultured as any other person or religion and in 5 years being here, the only westerner in sight, they have treated me like gold.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Jonathan, who is seeking re-election next month, has pledged to defeat Boko Haram. But government soldiers abandoned the military base in Baga on Saturday and Nigerian forces have long failed to curb the violence, according to a report by Human Rights Watch.

Boko Haram, which has sworn loyalty to the Islamic State group in Iraq and Syria, waged its Nigerian insurgency in 2009 and wants to establish a state in the northeast based on strict Islamic law. Since then, carnage has reached levels unmatched in Nigerian post-civil war history. More than 11,000 people died at the hands of Boko Haram militants from 2009 to 2014, which accounts for more than half of fatalities from social violence in Nigeria, according to the Nigeria Social Violence Project.

source: www.ibtimes.com...

What a nightmare. I am always screaming that we need to stop arming people in other countries. But this brings second thoughts.
edit on 1/9/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

a reply to: boymonkey74

Thank you Monkey, I'd love to go for a drink with people here, yourself especially!

Double Vodka & Orange rather than a Pint though

Um charlie...muslims are banned from drinking the result of fermented grains..ie alcohol.

If you ever drink at all you a bs muslim...

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

And there are a significant number of Muslims who aren't going around beheading people either. What's your point?

There is a large culture of devout Muslims who aren't hurting anyone. There is a sub-culture of angry, violent, controlling people who want some kind of revenge. It's not the religion that's the problem. It's that sub-culture.

Maybe those large groups of devout muslims who hurt nobody should stand up for their religion by actually doing something against those who are giving the so called religion of peace a bad name but they won't because they would go against their book.

I hear Americans griping about wanting the U.S. out of the middle east. I hear them in an outrage over the drones killing innocent people in those other countries. But other than the lip service, what else are they doing? Nothing. Why is that?

This thread is about Islamic terrorists mass murdering 2,000 innocent villagers in Nigeria. And you choose to use it as a chance to criticize Americans?

Disgusting.

Unless you love reading anti-American agenda, which can be spewed even when Islamic terrorist commit the mass murder of 2,000 blacks in Africa.

Wonder if those college kids at Smith College are going to protest over those black lives mattering?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Judge much?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Probably cause the you get radicals that teach young and impressionable people the radical interpretations and it creates a vicious cycle.

People read what they want to read, and to kill in the name of your god makes what ever your are doing all that more justified in the name of the person/people.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder

Thank you Monkey, I'd love to go for a drink with people here, yourself especially!

Um charlie...muslims are banned from drinking the result of fermented grains..ie alcohol.

I drink with plenty of muslims. They don't drink during Ramadan. I guess they're alls BS muslims?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder

Yeah and christians can't wear two types of cloth or eat shellfish....
I know many Muslims who like all other religious guys do the odd thing that is frowned upon.
I know one who has a bacon butty every weekend..his guilty pleasure.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

You're disgusting.

Americans have no right judging peaceful Muslims for not physically fighting what they are against, when they don't do it either.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Judge much?

Exactly alot of judgemental people here, and exactly my point, not all Muslims are the same!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join