It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Up To 2,000 Feared Slaughtered After Islamists Burn Down Entire Nigerian Town For 'Allah'

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Religion of Peace.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
So if we are now judging whole religious groups based on the actions of a few radicals who pervert a religion for there own motives does that mean everyone who identifies as a Christian must be an extremist as well?

Because by the same logic you are using the Christian faith should be judged on the actions of the few people who twist it around to justify the murder, rape and torture of innocent Muslims such as the Anti-Balaka group or Lord's Resistance Army.

Any religion can be twisted and used by horrible people to further there own motives or justify atrocities like genocide and ethnic cleansing. Terrorism is never justified by any group but these people should not be considered real Muslims.

They are religious fundamental extremists. And just like we don't consider the Christian faith to be inherently violent and brand all Christians as extremists based on the actions of the Lord's Resistance Army a Christian Fundamentalist Extremist group. We should not consider the Muslims faith to be inherently violent and brand all Muslims as extremists based on the actions of Al Qaeda or ISIS which are Muslim Fundamentalist Extremist groups.

Edit: Also as to the title "Allah" is the Arabic translation for God. Many Arabic Christians refer to God as Allah as well because they speak Arabic.
edit on 11-1-2015 by MarkItZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

So what Quran* is Boko Haram reading?

You need to have an asterisk (*) next to the word innocent so that it can be properly defined within Islam's terms.

According to Islam, the journalists in France were not innocent because they were guilty of blasphemy.

I'm not sure what reason was used exactly to justify murder in this massacre, but I bet it is along the lines of "in the defence of Islam and its honour" and these human beings were not seen as innocent according to the Quran.

edit on 12/1/2015 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

The Quran has no mention of not depicting Muhammad, in any context...

It's a man made problem... Not Islam's.

& those people were innocent.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

They probably skipped over your quote and headed directly to:

"And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief] is worse than killing... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun

Source - NobleQuran.com

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Auricom

Al fitnah has many meanings and not surprisingly the choice of "disbelief" comes from Hadith, which are just hear say about the Prophet from people who weren't even alive when he died...

Al fitnah in that particular verse refers to persecution...

If the transgressors desist from persecution, then cease war, because Allah is forgiving.
Fight them until the persecution stops and Muslims are free to worship Allah.

I do concede these people may well be using the Hadith's interpretation and killing non-believers.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   

The Quran has no mention of not depicting Muhammad, in any context...

It's a man made problem... Not Islam's.

& those people were innocent.

Quaran 33:57-62

Indeed, those who abuse Allah and His Messenger - Allah has cursed them in this world and the Hereafter and prepared for them a humiliating punishment.

And those who harm believing men and believing women for [something] other than what they have earned have certainly born upon themselves a slander and manifest sin.

O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to bring down over themselves [part] of their outer garments. That is more suitable that they will be known and not be abused. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.

If the hypocrites and those in whose hearts is disease and those who spread rumors in al-Madinah do not cease, We will surely incite you against them; then they will not remain your neighbors therein except for a little.

Accursed wherever they are found, [being] seized and massacred completely.

[This is] the established way of Allah with those who passed on before; and you will not find in the way of Allah any change.

Quran.com

Care to explain what is meant by the underlined passage? (I included the surrounding passages as to put it into context).

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   

It starts by saying those who abuse Allah & his messenger...
Basically another term for declaring war...

These hypocrites & those foul in heart & rumour spreaders of Medina are to be fought for their transgressions, & killed unless they cease with the war against Islam.

But, this verse may refer to the times of persecution against Muslims when Muhammad first gained a following in Medina & this could be alluding to battles that were fought in Medina between Muslims and others.

I don't really feel too confident in saying it was a prophecy or a command for future reference...
Those struggles were prevalent at the time in Medina...

& to be honest I don't see anything like that happening at the moment...

The only thing I'd could allude to is the Saudi Arabian Kingship's barbarism in the name of Islam when it is nothing more than persecution of innocent people... "Hypocrites and Hearts with disease, in Medina", perhaps?

I wouldn't put it past the Prophet to have seen that coming.

edit on 12-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

a reply to: butcherguy

So what Quran* is Boko Haram reading?

That has no bearing on what is happening in the name of Islam. Are you saying that if anyone kills in the name of Islam they're not "real Muslims"? It doesn't matter what you or I think the correct version of Islam is or should be. There are dozens of verses that promote and/or excuse murder in the name of or in defense of the religion. And yes, there is literally over one billion followers of Islam that don't commit acts of terror. There also just happens to be some that do. The good does not negate the bad.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

*Stops reading for a second to say....

I second this.
Charlie is a good guy....

I haven't been involved in this thread, and only in a few with Charlie....but I have lurked more than I've posted and I agree.

I won't define someone by their religion....
But I will say that some religion seems to be more ripe for misinterpretation....

Thank you, Charlie....for being honest. That took guts, given what I have seen of your posting history, on this particular subject (one much closer to you than myself...because, obvious and doesn't need to be stated, I don't think)

Anyways, back to the thread for me....just wanted to say that.

(I'm a bit inebriated, but....I love a lot of you guys
)

It's those that justify and rationalize their violence through religion and purposely misinform/disinform the ignorant, that f' our world up.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

At a glance, and having no basis of context, and not being a Muslim.....
....I would say, it is a justification of self-defense (what you have posted, at least...not trying to defend the whole damned religion...but for the sake of balance from one that isn't religiously affiliated)

...just one humble opinion amongst the masses.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Is there a war being waged against Islam, Charlie?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

With IS beheading Muslim minorities & tribes...
With the Taliban shooting up Muslim school kids...
With Al'Qaeda blowing up Muslim markets...
With the House of Saud funding all of these blowhards while they sit in their Ivory Tower starving & condemning everyday Muslims to a backward interpretation of Sharia Law...

I'd say there is definitely some sort of war against Islam, sort of from the inside...

Then we can look at Israeli policy against Palestinians...
Or Obama's Drone Policy that kills 28 civillians for each Terrorist, which I made a thread about a few months back, I'm not pulling stats out of my arse with that...
Or what about Russia funding & protecting Assad, pissed off cos the Sunnis kicked their Arses in Afghanistan they have started supplying Shia Assad to destroy Syria just so he can stay in power, unbeknownst to him Russia just want more Oil from Muslim land...

This makes us look outside of Islam to a different type war against Islam being waged for sure...

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The same way the bible has it's own factions or "sects" such as Jehovah Witness, Catholicism, Christianity (with it's own denominations), Mormons, and Amish. Everyone follows the "bible" but their own interpretations.

In essence same religion but different practices. At least the Jehovah Witness and Amish keep it close to the chest. Not so with the others, heh.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26

*Stops reading for a second to say....

I second this.
Charlie is a good guy....

I haven't been involved in this thread, and only in a few with Charlie....but I have lurked more than I've posted and I agree.

I won't define someone by their religion....
But I will say that some religion seems to be more ripe for misinterpretation....

Thank you, Charlie....for being honest. That took guts, given what I have seen of your posting history, on this particular subject (one much closer to you than myself...because, obvious and doesn't need to be stated, I don't think)

Anyways, back to the thread for me....just wanted to say that.

(I'm a bit inebriated, but....I love a lot of you guys
)

It's those that justify and rationalize their violence through religion and purposely misinform/disinform the ignorant, that f' our world up.

I haven't read what this is about, but it caught my eye too.

Charlie is a good guy. We've disagreed on many topics, and had some spirited debates. He's always been a good guy. Very smart, logical, and intellectually honest.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It is more a cultural rather than religious terror campaign. What is truly telling is how little the world at large cares about African lives versus European lives. That is a reality that everyone has to accept.

Over 2,000 people have been murdered versus 12 in France. Do you think 1 million people are going to march in protest to this outrage?

Look at the death toll of 9/11 versus this attack: Do you think the global response will even be remotely similar?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

This is so sad because it's true. I have yet to see a logical explaination as to why the world is not recognizing those poor innocents too.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join