It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Up To 2,000 Feared Slaughtered After Islamists Burn Down Entire Nigerian Town For 'Allah'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
error double post.
edit on 9-1-2015 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CottonwoodStormy

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Vasa Croe

they are not simply making it up on their own.

Actually, the simply are making it up on their own.

Well that would be another part of my question then I guess. If they are making it up, then are all extremists illiterate and unable to read for themselves? I mean, the study of a religion typically requires you to read the texts and study them. Surely there would be questions if they were told one thing and the text says another. How are they misinterpreting this text so blatantly and ignorantly as to make it violent if there is no reference to being violent in the manner in which they are killing?

Doesn't make sense to me. It would have to reference it in some way in order for the leaders to be able to translate it into such a manner as to "trick" others into believing that was the meaning, and not that it meant something peaceful right?

I live in Algeria, I am a Canadian, I can tell you alot of Muslims don't read the Qu'ran, they were born into a Muslim country its taken for granted what they are taught and there are good and bad PEOPLE regardless they are Muslim. Alot of Muslims here are uneducated for lack of resources, alot are old school, alot are modern and don't bother, alot don't go to the mosque and pray religiously. There is no one brand of Muslim, they are as multicultured as any other person or religion and in 5 years being here, the only westerner in sight, they have treated me like gold.

I don't look like the stereotypical Muslim. No beard, just blonde hair and green eyes. I was going to umrah(pilgrimage) in 2009 and was asked by a Saudi immigration office at Jeddah Airport to recite a couple of verses from the Quran and mention the five daily prayers. He gave this wtf look after and then smiled at me. Honestly I found it quite offensive but then got over it since seeing a Muslim, white, blonde dude isn't common in that part of the world.

On another occasion I was praying at a Mosque in London during Ramadan and was given hugs and kisses by random people when breaking the fast. I was over in Morocco last year and was also given hugs kisses and gifts too. Was quite weird.
edit on 9-1-2015 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

I always wanted to dye myself blue and go back to india.
Dunno how they would take it like but...

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It seems to me that the older a religion is, the more peaceful it becomes or it just dies out....Like the Greek Mythology or the Norse Mythology or the Roman and Egyptian Gods. Those religions died out.

Judaism is the oldest of the Abrahamic religions and most peaceful, unless you count what the Israeli Government routinely does to the Palestinian people, but that's more a government thing and not a religious think.

next up is Christianity, Infamous for the violent crusades, burning of witches and the inquisition...But that religion has by and large, become peaceful despite some of the violent passages in the old testament.

Then we have the Newest religion of the three Abrahamic ones, Islam, by far the most violent. If past history is an indicator, in a few centuries it also will become a, mainly, peaceful religion. In the past, it would have run it's course and either become peaceful or died out.

However, with globalization and instant communication and news and fast world travel and deadlier weapons, we don't really have the time to let Islam run it's course as we did in the past. Violent new religions must be reigned in somehow....no because we want to censure or stifle religion or that we think that all muslims are evil terrorists, they aren't, but because we can't handle that level of violence in the modern world any longer.

Islam will continue to breed violent terrorists for the next couple of centuries unless we put a stop to it.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777
a reply to: infinityorder

I use to love bacon (before I was a Muslim)

I apogize for tempting you.....

I could not join a religion against bacon, but am glad you found somthing you believe in.

Plz enjoy islam, may you find peacr, and may allah light your path.

Btw, I am not religious, more agnostic than atheist...I know there is a guiding force out there, and death is not the end, but all religions have done way too much bad in its name to actually represent it....imho

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

So you know how as a westerner I am put first before Algerians even here! And yes I am a Muslim now though I can't recite the qu'ran, my husband who is from here, says its not about going to the mosque, you can pray anywhere, and honestly he doesn't do it religiously 5 times a day but he loves God. People here are oppressed more then anything and still they are peaceful. I have yet to hear about any major incident here other then the el eminas gas attack that was done by foreigners! Boko Haram is a scurge and they are not Muslims to me. Muslims here are God fearing, they don't even believe in killing an animal other then to eat, let alone a person. There is no such thing as euthanasia here for a mounting overpopulation of dogs and cats! People here are community based, they share and swap, my oranges for your lemons, help me pick olives and I will help you. Maybe the Nigerian government should get help from other African nations like Algeria as to how to get rid of boko haram.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

If you ever drink at all you a bs muslim...

Judge much?

Islam states this as one of its pillars, how am I judging?

It is a fact.

No muslim is aloud to to drink alcohol ever, for any reason.

If he drinks and wants to drink he is not a muslim thus is full of bs.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder

Judge much?

It is a fact.

Lots of Muslims who consider themselves very Muslim drink.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
But how do we kill such a disease?
I wish I knew the answer.

It's not complicated. How do you kill cancer when it's attacking your body? You kill it.

Live and let die.

The alternative is watching more of our children be murdered every day.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Yes radical solution to the radical people that you want to not be so radical.

We have tried the bomb them into submission route, look at the ME.

Violence will be met with violence.

I don't know the answer, but it seems like the kill kill kill them all is not working out very well over the past 10+ years.

link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
But how do we kill such a disease?
I wish I knew the answer.

It's not complicated. How do you kill cancer when it's attacking your body? You kill it.

Live and let die.

The alternative is watching more of our children be murdered every day.

And they are watching their children murdered every day. Why doesn't everyone stop this? Because governments WANT war not the people.

link   

You're welcome mate. Cheers.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Judge much?

It is a fact.

That is like calling yourself christian and breaking all tje ten commandmets, minus the forgiveness.

Muslims are banned, point blank, no arguement, no but ifs, no extenuating cases from ever drinking alcohol.

If they drink alcohol they are not muslim by the muslim faiths rules.

If they drink alcohol, they are not muslim, that is a fact.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Judge much?

It is a fact.

That is like calling yourself christian and breaking all tje ten commandmets, minus the forgiveness.

Muslims are banned, point blank, no arguement, no but ifs, no extenuating cases from ever drinking alcohol.

If a Christian works on a Sunday, they are to be put to death. No ifs, ands or buts about it. Any Christian who works on a sunday is a BS Christian.

Yet, millions of christians do it every week. Does that make them less Christian?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I agree, lets all get together, share a few pints ( by which I mean many..sry irish heritage) fight, make our ancestors proud and get on with it.

The world will thank us, in the morning I will make bacon and eggs for all......aahhh.....bacon....

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I agree, lets all get together, share a few pints ( by which I mean many..sry irish heritage) fight, make our ancestors proud and get on with it.

The world will thank us, in the morning I will make bacon and eggs for all......aahhh.....bacon....
Is this dirty Ex-Pat Atheist invited too? I'll bring my novelty oversized boxing gloves.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Judge much?

It is a fact.

If a Christian works on a Sunday, they are to be put to death. No ifs, ands or buts about it. Any Christian who works on a sunday is a BS Christian.

Yet, millions of christians do it every week. Does that make them less Christian?

thank you, thats correct. And some Christians don't believe in drinking, but many do. Its what's in the heart that matters, no one is perfect!!

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Judge much?

It is a fact.

If they want to claim their religion yes....they are all bs to me since they only count when convenient. Which is the exact oposite of what believers are supposed to do.

Look either follow your rules for your bs religion or admit it is bs....choose.

I chose long ago, thay are all excuses for bs, as all "true believers" in any of them are full of the #e.

Follow its rules or donr claim it.

Just be honest.

Muslim but drink and or like bacon is not muslim.

Catholic but cheat on your wife is not catholic...

Be honest, stop the bs, and I wont call you guys out for it.

I am agnostic, because I cheat drink and eat bacon....this makes me more honest than most devoutly religious aholes.

I have no problem being honest, because I dont claim bs I cant live up to.....

Is this so hard?

If you eat pork or drink you arent muslim..

If you break the ten commandments you arent a christian....

Just be honest with yourself and the world.....how hard is it?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

You will always find that those unbelievers are always described as someone waging war on Islam. Physical war such as the Crusades.

Weren't the Crusades a response to Arab invasion of Europe? with Jerusalem being a secondary goal?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Those examples aren't faithful people, they're people with problems using religion as a shield.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join