It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The son of god born of a virgin. A miracle it was, if not the truth be told.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
With today's interpretations encouraged by its preachers

"It must have been a miracle."

or

"It did not happen"

Both are wrong, But It is true!

Do you believe?

looking at the life of Christ and comparing it to what was happening at the time, along with what was happening before and what happened after. With testimony from witnesses who knew the gospel truth, we can unravel the tangled web that shrouded this man in mystery, and answer many questions by bringing about rationality to the first miracle.

The virgin birth of Jesus.

But to understand why this has been passed down as truth, one must allow for the fact that the people of the time believed it was true. The truth has not changed, we have. At the time Christ was indeed born of a virgin and son of a god. The perception of Virgins and Gods were, slightly different back then.

The conversion to Christianity inevitably had a profound effect on this socio-religious system from the 5th century onward, though its character can only be extrapolated from documents of considerably later date. By the early 7th century the church had succeeded in relegating Irish druids to ignominious irrelevancy, while the filidh, masters of traditional learning, operated in easy harmony with their clerical counterparts, contriving at the same time to retain a considerable part of their pre-Christian tradition.

What survived of ancient ritual practice tended to be related to the traditional repertoire of the filidh, or to the central institution of sacral kingship. A good example is the pervasive and persistent concept of the hierogamy (sacred marriage) of the king with the goddess of sovereignty: the sexual union, or banais ríghi ("wedding of kingship"), which constituted the core of the royal inauguration, seems to have been purged from the ritual at an early date through ecclesiastical influence, but it remains at least implicit, and often quite explicit, for many centuries in the literary tradition. en.wiki.

Including within the bible?

Lets look at sacred marriage and what the ritual represents, to see if Jesus participated in such a practice and weather this could have anything to do with his "god given ways".

a "Sacred Marriage" with the High priestess was a union with theTriple Goddess Mari-Anna-Ishtar who was popularly worshiped at the time of Christ. This Goddess was noted for her triple-towered temple or "magdala." It is important to note that much of the imagery in the Gospels, especially regarding the Marys, corresponds to the worship of this Goddess Mari-Anna-Ishtar.

The Sacred Marriage was a state occasion, a royal ritual, in which the king played the male role, and in which he figures as the god Dumuzi, the spouse of Inanna. The texts do not mention what woman played Inanna. She is called nugig, which has been translated as hierodule.

You can't have a marriage without a woman right?

Without one it would take a miracle. Wait!

In the gospels several women come into the story of Jesus with great energy, including erotic energy. There are several Marys—not least, of course, Mary the mother of Jesus. But there is Mary of Bethany, sister of Martha and Lazarus. There is Mary the mother of James and Joseph, and Mary the wife of Clopas.

Equally important, there are three unnamed women who are expressly identified as sexual sinners. the woman with a “bad name” who wipes Jesus’ feet with ointment as a signal of repentance, a Samaritan woman whom Jesus meets at a well and an adulteress whom Pharisees haul before Jesus to see if he will condemn her.

www.smithsonianmag.com...

Taking onto account the churches later persecution of the atributes of these women it is suggestive that the three "unnamed" women in the bible are representatives the guardian triple goddess in individual form. what I mean is the prostitute(priestess) is the Samaritan woman at the well(temple) is the church accused adulteress.

The well priestesses in Celtic tradition were highly regarded in society. They accumulated wealth by honouring the request of the needy and accepting the offerings to the goddess that they represented. The hoards preserved the water from being polluted. While tending to the well these women assumed the role of, and were considered divine or the personification of a divinity. Such beliefs were not peculiarly Celtic and held throughout the world.

The last remnants of this practise that the church adopted can be found in monasteries and the symbolism of the nun... A symbol that the doors to the earlier temples were firmly closed, making the birth of a virgin, a thing of the past.

Sacred Temple Prostitutes were often called Virgins. In addition, children of The Sacred Marriage, a ritual union of a temple priestess and a king willing to die for his people, were often called "virgin born" or "divine children," just as Christ was. It is possible that Mother Mary was dedicated to a Goddess temple when she was a child.

Perhaps she was born through temple ritual, herself being a immaculate conception.

Perhaps Mother Mary was a temple priestess, thus making Jesus (or Yeshua) a divine child. There is even stronger evidence that Mary Magdalen was a temple priestess, so perhaps this is the true connection between Mother Mary and Mary Magdalen.

Next, Mary is known as a prostitute, just as the Goddess priestesses were titled "Sacred Prostitutes," although a more recent and accurate translation titles them "Sacred Women" or "hierodulae" (B, p. 29). Such prostitutes were considered evil by Jewish leaders of the time. That Jesus/Yeshua would associate with such a woman would indeed invoke the scorn of his disciples, as is recorded in the New Testament.

Thirdly, Mary Magdalen is identified in Mark and Luke as the woman who was possessed by seven demons, which Yeshua cast out of her. The seven demons were a symbolic part of a temple ritual known as "The Descent of Inanna," one of the most ancient ceremonies known, recorded in the Epic of Gilgamesh. This ritual was known to be practiced in the Jerusalem temple of Mari-Anna-Ishtar.

The last, and perhaps strongest, piece of evidence is the anointing of Yeshua with the sacred oil, an event which (uncharacteristically) was recorded in all four New Testament Gospels, pointing to its significance. The anointing of the Jesus' head with oil (as described in Mark 14:3-4) is an unmistakable symbol of The Sacred Marriage, a ceremony performed by temple priestesses.

Yet another layer of symbolism lies in the fact that the human/divine partner is the king. The sacred marriage brings together the king and the goddess in the most intimate possible ways, and thereby allows the king access to the world of the gods impossible for other humans to achieve...

But should be a piece of cake for a son of god, born of a virgin.

Sources:
freya.theladyofthelabyrinth.com...
www.gatewaystobabylon.com...
www.northernway.org...
edit on 6-1-2015 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Wifibrains

Interesting... I've never heard any of this before. I gave you s&f for giving me something to think about and look into.

edit on 6-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It certainly is interesting, revealing if you go deep enough.

Wisdom is the Christ?

There are several problems with this assertion. Wisdom is identified as a female noun in the bible. Additionally, Wisdom says, "I was daily his (God's) delight," and "my delights were with the sons of men," in Proverbs 8:30-31. Delight in the Hebrew is a sexual reference. The Goddess Wisdom is speaking of the great rite.

www.angelfire.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
There are many cases throughout history of women being impregnated by divine beings. Mary certainly wasn't the first in written history.

One could almost look at it subjectively and say that maybe, just maybe... sexually-active women had elaborate excuses to explain their out-of-wedlock pregnancies in a time when such a thing was literally or practically a death sentence and a few severe cases of gullibility led to the "virgin birth" stories.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

One could almost look at it subjectively and say that maybe, just maybe... sexually-active women had elaborate excuses to explain their out-of-wedlock pregnancies in a time when such a thing was literally or practically a death sentence and a few severe cases of gullibility led to the "virgin birth" stories.

Lol. That could be... If it wasnt for the similarities in all the stories of the virgin births.

Born dec 25... I wonder when the conception would work out to be. A significant date no doubt.

Makes me wonder if its still going on today behind closed doors.

Migdal Nunya

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wifibrains

Lol. That could be... If it wasnt for the similarities in all the stories of the virgin births.

Born dec 25... I wonder when the conception would work out to be. A significant date no doubt.

Makes me wonder if its still going on today behind closed doors.

Migdal Nunya

The stories have been around for awhile, you know?

If they were making an excuse for being pregnant, surely the ladies would have thrown in some details they heard in similar stories to add some validity to the claim.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

This would be the more logical story.

Mary had sex with another man, got pregnant, she knows the bible says she should be killed, Mary thinks of an excuse and says that it was god who got her pregnant.

edit on 6-1-2015 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
My take has always been this; Mary and Joseph were of the house of King David. Mary's lineage was cursed. Which left Joseph as a direct heir. Now by claiming that Jesus was of virgin birth, that would give Mary and Joseph time to teach the would be King of the Jews all that a king would need to know. I've always wondered if he wasn't marching into the city to claim his throne when he was betrayed. Eh, that's my take any way.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: danielsil18

This would be the more logical story.

Mary had sex with another man, got pregnant, she knows the bible says she should be killed, Mary thinks of an excuse and says that it was god who got her pregnant.

Makes no sense. Why would she worry about being killed for something written after she was dead?

Where is the logic?

What makes you think she would be given a death sentence?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Written after she was dead?

Im talking about Leviticus 20:10

And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

edit on 6-1-2015 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

surely the ladies would have thrown in some details they heard in similar stories to add some validity to the claim.

Yeah! and maybe they could change the hands time and get the birth to happen on the same day too!

For this to happen it would make more sense that these child was conceived in a ritual that takes place nine months prior to the birth.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

It certainly is interesting, revealing if you go deep enough.

Wisdom is the Christ?

Sophia is wisdom

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

surely the ladies would have thrown in some details they heard in similar stories to add some validity to the claim.

Yeah! and maybe they could change the hands time and get the birth to happen on the same day too!

For this to happen it would make more sense that these child was conceived in a ritual that takes place nine months prior to the birth.

Wait... you think that the Zeitgeist movie was actually accurate?

You should do a little research. The "virgin births" didn't all happen on the same day. Jesus of Nazareth, if such a person did exist, was not even born in December. Please don't tell me you think that the 25th of December is actually the birthday of Jesus and not just the day chosen as the celebration/remembrance of the birth of Christ...

Zeitgeist misrepresented a lot of things and told some outright lies about religion just to push an agenda.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: danielsil18

Written after she was dead?

Im talking about Leviticus 20:10

And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

I'm going to hazard a guess that the OP doesn't know about the gap between the Old Testament and New Testament.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
This gives me a lot to think about and research.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Very interesting stuff.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

"Perhaps she was born through temple ritual, herself being a immaculate conception."

Perhaps Mother Mary was a temple priestess, thus making Jesus (or Yeshua) a divine child.

Islamic traditions of Mary may hold some information for consideration. According to the Qur'an, when Mary's mother was pregnant, she made a prayer to God in which she dedicated her unborn child, Mary, to the consecrated service of God. Upon Mary's birth, guardianship was given to her uncle Zechariah. Zechariah was a temple priest and prophet descended from the sons of Aaron, and was also the father of John the Baptist. According to Islam, Zechariah raised Mary in the service of the temple.

[Mention, O Muhammad], when the wife of 'Imran said, "My Lord, indeed I have pledged to You what is in my womb, consecrated [for Your service], so accept this from me. Indeed, You are the Hearing, the Knowing."

But when she delivered her, she said, "My Lord, I have delivered a female." And Allah was most knowing of what she delivered, "And the male is not like the female. And I have named her Mary, and I seek refuge for her in You and [for] her descendants from Satan, the expelled [from the mercy of Allah ]."

So her Lord accepted her with good acceptance and caused her to grow in a good manner and put her in the care of Zechariah. Every time Zechariah entered upon her in the prayer chamber, he found with her provision. He said, "O Mary, from where is this [coming] to you?" She said, "It is from Allah . Indeed, Allah provides for whom He wills without account."

Qur'an, 3:35-37

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
Nah its not really that interesting cos its based on belief and not direct experience have a look at this world where is this belief in god when there is so much misery.
But there are 2 things that are genuinely interesting and they are that jesus is the first famous character in history never to be written about in any other countries or societies and the other interesting point is that the bible refers to camels being around 6 thousand years ago, in all the made up religions abaraham is meant to of had a camel Jew Christian and Muslim, well according to the fossil record camels only came onto the scene 3500 years ago disproving the basis of their entire story

If there's a god and there is more to this world than meets the eye that much I can promise you, my battle with the scum that run this world has taken me into some mad battles as well as confrontations with demons or whatever you want to call the smokey so and so's then as long as you stay good and seek knowledge and try and help others then you may or may not be rewarded at the end but you don't need a book to tell you what's right or wrong.
I mean have a look at the muslims with their caliph telling sunni muslims to kill shia yeah right they really worship a good god and not the devil

and then the jews who say kill everything don't they? even fellow jews aka Palestinians who are Arabic jews

LOL there are only 2 things on this planet one is good and one is evil and that's it and if you are not fighting for good and choosing to do nothing then you are working for evil in my humble opinion and I fight this #er too and I can tell you he is gutless
edit on 6-1-2015 by jinni73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: jinni73

Just because they have not found any evidence of camels there past thirty five hundred years ago, doesn't mean they did not exist. They could find evidence in a few years to bring the date back farther.

Now for me to judge good or evil I need to judge it against my perspective of things. That means good and evil are a perception. I do not like to rock the boat with others beliefs unless they infringe on my right to believe. My version of god is different than most, I view god as a link with other things in nature and even elsewhere in what we perceive as the universe. God could be considered a being I suppose. The earth is a living creature in my belief, a combination of every living thing on it. We are supposed to live symbiotically with it though. There is a problem there, greed and desire for prestige or power has made us into destroyers of the world. This whole world is god's creation and it is a part of god. So why do we trash this garden of Eden.

People have so different views of good and evil that it is hard to not step on someone else in our trek through life here. We have built powerful weapons so our leaders can wage war. I don't like war. But some of my tax dollars paid for these weapons. The same thing can be said of the Russian people, lots of them do not want to fight wars, yet they also are made to pay for these big weapons. But who instigates this action. I think policy was made so long ago that nobody even knows who started this stupid practice of war. Will there ever be peace and tranquility here on earth? Sure, as soon as all the Nukes are launched and we are all gone. This sure the hell is not heaven.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

Wait... you think that the Zeitgeist movie was actually accurate?

You should do a little research. The "virgin births" didn't all happen on the same day. Jesus of Nazareth, if such a person did exist, was not even born in December. Please don't tell me you think that the 25th of December is actually the birthday of Jesus and not just the day chosen as the celebration/remembrance of the birth of Christ...

Zeitgeist misrepresented a lot of things and told some outright lies about religion just to push an agenda.

There's no evidence he was born at all. The December 25th date is significant in that it does appear in other myths. That's the point. I thought that was pretty clear.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join