It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Form Would You Wish God To Be? Male? Female? Animal? It? Etc. . .

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You sound like one of those people in an abusive relationship with an insecure monster, but are so trapped by the fear of what they will do if you leave, so you stay put.

None of us need god, and god certainly does not need or even care about us if he does exist. Look at the state of the world hooked on a superstitious entity, its worse than heroin. I'm not saying its the cause of all evils but religion and all it entails is a massively divisive and ignorance maintaining control system. Other than nature it seems this is how he has manifest himself.

So nature. Its beautiful and majestic, thats a certainty. But the closer you look, the more twisted a place it becomes. As the saying goes, the devil is in the detail. Life feeds off other life in order to survive, from humans down to single cells. This creates so much suffering. Violence is abundant in nature, humans are fully a part of it. Nature is not a perfect place. Things often go wrong causing even more suffering. There is no way an all-powerful entity created this without deliberately designing it the way they did.

My ideal manifestation of god would be a human race that behaved correctly, that lived responsibly and used its collective intellect for true advancement of the species and planet as a whole, instead of the current one of selfishness, vanity, greed and hypocrisy. A nature that was not so barbaric.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Also it was written that he made us in his image, so do we have much a choice of how he appears to us? Human like most likely I would think.

Maybe just maybe God is a being of unthinkable size and the universe is just part of his brain?
edit on 8-1-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

If the universe is his brain he is clearly mentally ill.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Well, the part we reside in does seem a bit malnourished doesn't it? Maybe we are mentally ill, too many negative emotions manifested into tiny physical bits.

This works with the line of thinking that we are all God, and need to work together in order to end the suffering on this earth. Our collective conciousness is probably the most active in this vicinity of our galaxy. It's up to us to realize we are all One, and to heal this troubled part of our loving Gods mind. He created us after all and loves the heck out of us for some reason.

edit on 8-1-2015 by GoShredAK because: Oops

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Firefly_
a reply to: GoShredAK

If the universe is his brain he is clearly mentally ill.

I would say the universe is in an atom sized particle.

But thats besides the point. . . .

As to god being mentally ill I doubt thats true.

Considering we may be in an imperfect simulation by imperfect individuals there may be a sickness within the programmers so to say.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Firefly_

That is an interesting interpretation of what I said, I must say.

However, my issue with the bulk of what you said about God, though I respect your right to hold that opinion, is that it was not God or Jesus that twisted the word of God to lend weight to cries for war, and it was not a machination of Jesus that those who claimed to be his followers gave themselves permission to treat people abominably and oppress the heck out of millions by way of the inquisition, more war, the acquisition of ridiculous wealth, and so on and so forth. Those things are the responsibility of human beings, the corruption that allowed clergymen to use the Bible as propaganda rather than focusing on love, which is what Christ was focused toward, or indeed allowed such corruption to spread until the very Word of God, is now synonymous with fire and brimstone and little else. These are results of the human element, not the hand of Almighty God.

Frankly, I am at peace with the way I practice my faith. I have my God, and despite my vexation at the ineffable nature of the Almighty, I have faith in him, and in the teachings of Christ. Where the words of Jesus Christ are concerned, whether you follow the main thrust of them because Christ said them, or whether you follow them because the huge majority of what he was saying had to do with loving your fellow human beings, treating people properly, protecting and caring for the sick, the needy, and the desperate, and makes bloody good sense therefore, is not strictly important to me personally.

I follow them because not only do I have faith, but I see the sense in doing so as well. I do however recognise that the organised version of the faith is a den of corruption, and can be very toxic to the soul. That is why I do not go to Church, and prefer to spend time out in the real world, meeting people from every walk of life. It is closer to what Jesus did than modern Christendom cares to indulge in.

In any case, I am harming no one by believing what I believe, and practicing my faith the way I practice it.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Just a huge massive Monkey.
I have seen him and played chess with him (sometimes he may be a she though cos she wears lipstick every friday night).

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

I have seen him and played chess with him (sometimes he may be a she though cos she wears lipstick every friday night).

Funny I saw the monkey god Hanuman a few times in a dream, big giant golden monkey, was silent the whole time but pretty sure that was him. In my ignorance I asked him if he was interested in girls lolz, of course there was no response from him.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

I love the Hanuman tales.
I think I was once another type of ape or monkey in a previous life tbh and I will be one again....ah can't wait for the fun and games again

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

I love the Hanuman tales.

I think I was once another type of ape or monkey in a previous life tbh and I will be one again....ah can't wait for the fun and games again

I prefer more human like personally, kinda like infinate beauty if one could imagine that.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
My God is a fat homosexual black man.

There is no "wishing" when it comes to reality.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
My God is a fat homosexual black man.

There is no "wishing" when it comes to reality.

Not wanting to put down your version of god in any way in fact I think all forms of manifestation are totally fine. When I read your post I instantly thought of a scene from "Half Baked" the move, once again no offence lolz.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I would imagine that god would be manifest as two lovers one male and the other female, yet sharing the same nondual eternal counsiousness. Likened to having two bodies sharing the same soul, always in love and manifesting love for goodness sake.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I would imagine my form of the goddess to have infinate anything at her disposal, infinate forms, infinate arms, infinate love, infinate whatever.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Was looking for Hanuman but could only find King Kong. . .

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: SystemResistor
I would want God to be a central computer mainframe, just performing calculations to keep reality in check, totally neutral and unbiased - indestructible and un-hackable.

Lolz I thought of this clip from the Onion news team. . . . .

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I think my form of god would also be me.

Also each pore or atom of my godly being would be infinate nondual universes.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

have him appear in ANY recognizable form...that would make me very happy. If a form is something like a gold fish...than please...have the gold fish speak as to differentiate it from other non God gold fish.

So um yeah I came across this lookin about on youtube lolz, ask and you shall recieve!

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Bump for the gods

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I would prefer that HE be a form of formlessness.a reply to: FormOfTheLord

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join