It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Form Would You Wish God To Be? Male? Female? Animal? It? Etc. . .

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
So I know there are many religions in the world and everyone has thier own way of seeing god.

What may be desirable for some may not be desirable for others.

So if god could/can appear to you in any form/formless manifestation you choose what do you prefer?

What is your own personal manifestation of god that you would be pleased with?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

If you could see the real you, what would you think it looks like? I don't mean this bag of blood and excrement, but the spirit.

An answer to that can be determined by checking peoples avatar image.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

have him appear in ANY recognizable form...that would make me very happy. If a form is something like a gold fish...than please...have the gold fish speak as to differentiate it from other non God gold fish.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I am a believer myself and I also believe that God has a sense of humor. Just look around you...

Having said that -

I tried to resist and failed miserably.

But in all seriousness... I absolutely think god is all things to all people. He would appear in whatever form anyone chose to see Him as IMO.
edit on 1/5/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Personally i hope he looks like James Brown, cape and all. That would really #### things up.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Does it really matter what form (a) God takes?

If (a) God were to appear before me, i wouldn't much care for the form in which is used.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Haha. Or we could just have Morgan Freeman!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
given how god is really more of an idea, a "something" a way to interpret the world, i guess he would appear in any shape that people want him to, simultaneously, if any of you have seen "A scanner Darkly" (if not, then please do) you know the clothing that cops wear? think something like that, constantly changing but into any conceivable form, so even if a thousand people were looking at him, they would all see 1000 different versions of him.
Basically what people do already today.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I like porpoises. Something like Flipper sounds good.

I just doubt if god looks like us. There are so many options. I can't limit my options to what some people say is real. God may not even have a form at all.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

What Form Would You Wish God To Be? Male? Female? Animal? It? Etc. . .

Form of choice for me personally - non corporeal. I'd be linked in to the 'all knowing' and have instant understanding. And I'd have spiritual power to help move things in a better manner. Right now I'm stuck in a decaying body and I have no cosmic answers. It's frustrating. But I suppose we have to put up with this first before we can be etherial ...

Form of choice for God - the same. Being corporeal is limiting. I'd rather He be able to be free of the limits of a body. I'm glad Jesus experienced it though. That way we can say that He did indeed suffer and understands it.
edit on 1/5/2015 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
"Male", "Female", "Animal" etc. are all ridiculous HUMAN concepts which I don't think would apply to a "almighty godly being".
I reject all those ideas.

Let's start with a more essential question:

Is god an entity (I am not even saying a "being") SEPARATE from us?

What if we're "part of god" in some way? (This is not a far-fetched idea, many philosophies etc. share this thought).
If we're part of god, is god then really an "entity" in a sense, or are we all ONE, just different aspects of the one?

Think about it.

Attribute like "male", "female" etc. are just proof how incredible limited *some* religions and beliefs are...unless someone believes human attributes would apply to god or a creator. Which I sure won't buy.
edit on 1/5/2015 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Weird Science was my favorite moving growing up! I always picture GOD as male, only because in Christianity is he referred to as the "Father." Unfortunately, I think in our society, he could show up as anyone and we would probably ridicule him and call him insane if he came claiming to be GOD. Much like the guy that walks around outside of my office that preaches on the steps of the State capitol. We could walk right past him everyday and not even know it.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I would myself go for the whole goddess persona for god, I dunno it would make my heart melt to know god was a goddess and really really loved me.

Perhaps I have issues, but to each thier own.
edit on 5-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

God would appear to me as me. That deepness inside. I am.

And I think that part doesn't look like anything visual.

If God had a look for me it would be golden liquid oil light.. Though I think the most outward appearance is everything that you can see in the universe.

Pieces of this thing have appeared to me, and they looked like humans/angels/things with horns (minotaur kind of look)..

Mostly you would be able to tell only through how they interact with you and an inner feeling you may have. The look of the thing is sort of arbitrary.

I mean isn't part of the joke that it's all one thing anyway.. That to "meet" god is to be god..
edit on 5-1-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight
God would appear to me as me. That deepness inside. I am.
And I think that part doesn't look like anything visual.
If God had a look for me it would be golden liquid oil light.. Though I think the most outward appearance is everything that you can see in the universe.
Pieces of this thing have appeared to me, and they looked like humans/angels/things with horns (minotaur kind of look)..
Mostly you would be able to tell only through how they interact with you and an inner feeling you may have. The look of the thing is sort of arbitrary.

I agree god would be me as well in a masculine aspect, but god/goddess would also be a feminine aspect. We then live like yin and yang in balance and harmony.

Lots of mushy infinate universal love.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
I agree god would be me as well in a masculine aspect, but god/goddess would also be a feminine aspect. We then live like yin and yang in balance and harmony.

Lots of mushy infinate universal love.

The me I am referring to is not a dude or a dudette. But I like your idea.. Sounds nice.

I agree. Love forever.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I am incapable of making a conscious choice here which would have any bearing on matters. I love God with all my heart, but he is a contrary, vexing, and inscrutable bugger at the best of times, and trying to figure out his next move, let alone impress my conscious will over His wardrobe choices, is a little beyond my capabilities!

Personally though, even if it meant I never saw anything again, even if it meant I would die instantly from all the vast awesome radiating off the fellow, I would have to say that given a choice I would like to see him as he actually is. No glamours, no dumbing down to suit my level of understanding. I would just like to see him, the way he sees himself.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

An answer to that can be determined by checking peoples avatar image.

What does that say about you?

On Topic: If there is an entity that people heap divinity on. That entity has to be male. No woman could screw things up this bad. (Credit to George Carlin for that sentiment)

That said: I'd want to see "god" as he/she/it is. No make up, and fresh out of bed. We'll have breakfast.
edit on 1/5/2015 by Klassified because: Hit button too soon.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Is it wrong that I read this thread and now want to imagine God as Kamina from "Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann"?

"Do not believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in you whom believes in yourself!"

Bonus points if you get the reference.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Figments of the imagination appear in different forms to different people ..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join