It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Form Would You Wish God To Be? Male? Female? Animal? It? Etc. . .

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: corsair00
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

LOlz is it just a little selfish to want ones own personal god and have all the goddess's love just for myself? It very well may be, I guess im guilty of that, but hey I dont feel bad, considering god could essentially in theory be whatever anyone wanted. So yeah my god would in theory be for me and me alone, otherwise it wouldnt really be my goddess now would she?

edit on 5-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
This is an interesting question, whether or not you believe in a supreme being.

Remember in 'Beauty and the Beast', the Beast was a mostly benevolent, kind creature, but it happened to -look- like, um, a beast. I think the classic look is like a man with a Lion's head.

What if the supreme being actually seen in its native form was frightening to humans. I don't want to give a "for instance", let's just say that, in this hypothetical, we would be frightened, perhaps to the point of not retaining sanity.

That might be a reason, again, hypothesis, why a "Supreme Being" can't show themselves in their 'True Form'.

I'll leave it up to the reader as to just what that form might be that would be frightening. And of course a Supreme Being could appear in whatever form they wished. But if you suspend disbelief for the same of the question posed, it's an intriguing thought.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Thanks for sharing that. From my perspective, I have seen spirits and except for one they were so real at the time I thought they were in fact real people until I heard later they were oft reported infamous ghosts.

Features, clothing, hairstyles all as real as looking at oneself in the mirror while awake.

In dreams I have seen other things not so human…

ETA: Your avatar is stylized, a little? I rather doubt you saw "feathered wings". Sorry if I am projecting about that.
edit on 5-1-2015 by intrptr because: ETA:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Can't have it both ways…

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

ETA: Your avatar is stylized, a little? I rather doubt you saw "feathered wings". Sorry if I am projecting about that.

You would be correct I saw no wings, but the avatar was the closest I could actually come to what I saw.

And btw......your projecting is very good.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
I am a believer myself and I also believe that God has a sense of humor. Just look around you...
Having said that -

I tried to resist and failed miserably.

But in all seriousness... I absolutely think god is all things to all people. He would appear in whatever form anyone chose to see Him as IMO.

Loved that scene in the movie was truly a classic!
LOLz then come those who like me think god is a woman for them.
Just for lols and giggles here are some folks at the vatican doing thier god is a woman bit FTW!:

edit on 6-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I would want God to be a central computer mainframe, just performing calculations to keep reality in check, totally neutral and unbiased - indestructible and un-hackable.
edit on 6-1-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

(post by Peeple removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
This assumes that god is some sort of distinct entity, rather than some sort of interrelationship between all things...but given the choice, I like the Norse pantheon model.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

And btw……your projecting is very good.

Not really. The angels represented in the paintings on church ceilings have a symbolic meaning. The wings represent flight. Bird like because the only things that flew back then were birds. They had no concept of how beings could float or seem to defy gravity. We do that nowadays without a second thought.

The all white raiment or "robe" in frescos reflects their "brightness" or presence accompanied by "light". Same with the "halo". The "harp" reflects their music like voice.

Real angels aren't sitting on puffy white clouds in white robes playing harps… thats the hand me down version.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
All I know is I know which form should be omitted: Humans.

We could never create ecosystems without thinking how we could control and exploit it first.

If there is a God/creator, then this entity seems unconditional in their endeavours.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Well when I think of my version of the goddess I think she would have the ability to become as large or small as she wished. Able to stomp on the tallest buildings with ease. I think of Marvels celestrials when she comes to mind. . . .

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

God/HigherBeing etc - appears to be in the air around me
Unseen but vital to guide me through this life and the next.

But if He/She/It were to appear in some sort of other form, Kevin Rudd.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I guess I should try to get into the Divine Feminine and Goddesses more - instead of Ilan Mitchell-Smith circa 1985! hahah

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: corsair00

I guess I should try to get into the Divine Feminine and Goddesses more - instead of Ilan Mitchell-Smith circa 1985! hahah

Hey anything is fine, its the eye of the beholder I guess. . . .

LOLz notice he and Gary were in my opening post I am thinking thier goddess was lisa. By far one of the best movie scenes I can remember where humans create thier own god or goddess for that matter.

edit on 6-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Hmmm, whatever it is, it loves math

edit on 6-1-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Alot of scriptures mention that god loves us, and I agree with that notion, however I am of the opinion that god is infinatly flexible and capable of becoming not only the entire universe but anything desired as well. To that point I would prefer to be loved by the feminine aspect of god since I am a male, I would imagine females might want a masculine version of god to experience love as well. I find it a bit undesireable to imagine love for a male god in a bromance heavenly daddy manner it just kinda doesnt fit my image of infinate love from my male point of view so to say.

As to god being an object or energy thats great and all but in my heart I desire a personal relationship with the divine.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Whether God (or higher being/s) has a gender or no, I understand what you are trying to say.

I think God (or whatever) is more androgynous if anything.

Just my belief.

PS: Also a manifestation as the sea, would be nice
Then maybe we'd stop polluting it.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Well I guess my god would be able to do the impossible according to humans or even to other gods if thats even possible.

Not to mention to we humans we might seem like kids to gods, looking ofer the cliff of self destruction with our weapons of mass destruction and bad life choices similar to this scene. . . .
edit on 8-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I like to picture God as someone much like "Gandalf" from the "Lord of the Rings" movies, in actuality I imagine God must be a far more complex entity than we can truly begin to fathom.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join