It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Australian) "Egyptian Hieroglyphics" site REVISITED...i explored underground chamber... see PIX

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: shaneR
a reply to: weirdguy

hey WeirdGuy...thanx for the comments...

yeah...i had a quiet New Years and thought "why not go and take some pix"

i have a good camera and wanted to document the site, as its only an hours drive away...

been there 3 times before, but not since 2011...and only ever taken pix with a phone cam...

when i found the entrance to the chamber was open i couldnt believe my eyes...

it was a buzz...

hoping to get back again soon.... to go further into the abyss!!!
(better equiptd...i only had thongs on!)

seeya

oh man, please do go back soon.

Look for more glyphs while you're down there, this is awesome

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: shaneR

Well done mate, awesome job.

Those edges in the chamber tunnel are really sharp. (in OP pics) did it look like one whole carved out tunnel or are the top ones placed on?

Im just looking up close at them and the change look really sharp right in the corner!! (top right of tunnel in OP pics)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

So you are in the land where snakes, spiders, and just about anything else that moves can kill you with one look, and you decided to crawl into a hole in the Earth feet first?

Balls-of-steel.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: GallopingFish

hi GallopingFish..thanx for the reply...

to be honest...while i was down there i didnt notice the straight lines so much...

it was dark!!!

we had a torch etc...but it still didnt look it does in the WELL LIT pix (thanx CANON!!!)_

amazing what a photograph can show...

anyway i agree...the more i look at the pix..the more i see STRAIGHT lines...

it is, of course, a natural formation...made of broken sandstone...

seeya
edit on 5/1/2015 by shaneR because: typo

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

thanx network dude

it wasnt just feet first...it was companion first...!

but i will still take your post as a compliment...!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

thanx again Weird Guy... will do

i didnt see any glyphs in the chamber...that would be interesting

the story says a guy is buried in there...thats one way to prove the story....?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaneR

Hi Shane -

Do you know if that is lichen (the yellow stuff) growing on the wall? Perhaps it could established when the carvings were made. Is it growing on/in the carved stone i.e. in the groove?

Could you get an extreme close-up picture of one of the grooves surrounded by lichen ?

I love that you went out and did some fieldwork so to speak -

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Gotta say thanks for posting this thread! It doesn't matter if they're Ancient Egyptian or not as long as you had fun on the journey there.

I read the 2011 thread link and it was a heart-warmer seeing a few members who've left big impressions on the site and on me as well. Some aren't here anymore so it made me smile seeing their posts - not just the guys saying 'no' but all the others who used to post in the A&LC forums.

You've put a smile on my face - thanks

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
outstanding work, Shane. You have inspired me to go and trek to some of the local stuff here. No, ours is nowhere near as cool....but there is still some interesting stuff to see.

RE: the water erosion....i would bet you are seeing a somewhat porous rock that is allowing ground/rain water to seep through. That is what it looks like to me, anyway.

The upside is it might help date the environment to some degree.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
These Gosford glyphs have been translated by the Khemit School of Ancient Mysticism. The two guys who translated it both are native Egyptians who are part of this Khemit school. They think the hieroglyphics at Gosford are legit after spending time on it comparing it with the ones in Egypt.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

edit on 5-1-2015 by Ziming because: error

edit on 5-1-2015 by Ziming because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2015 by Ziming because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: UmbraSumus

hi UmbraSumus...thanx for the post...

i think the yellow stuff IS LICHEN...yes

there are different sorts on the walls...

some yellow, some green, some brown stuff too...

this is the best close up i got...and i have enlarged it

it shows lichen in the cuts/grooves etc

but i think it could of grown in 20-30 years...probably...

and another area...

this is a close up of last pic...

and this is another area to give an idea of age/weathering...

hope this helps....enjoy!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

hey Kandinsky...thanx for the post...and thanx for stopping by...!

i know U love the Ancients stuff too
and its fun trying to piece it all back together...

although "officially debunked" i cant help feeling there is still something more to be found at the site...

especially after being in "the hole"...eg "chamber"

more soon...stay tuned!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

hi bigfatfurrytexan....thanx for the post

glad U are inspired...thats a bonus

and hope U have as good a time as i have had with this site...

heres another pic of the same area...RE water erosion...

U may be right...

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

What was the critical piece of evidence that was used to debunk it, I would like to examine it and give you my view on it. I can never take at face value someone has debunked it somewhere I need to see the data.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

hi again AthlonSavage...thanx again for posting...

"officially"...there is the story about the (NPWS) ranger
who caught an old guy in the act of carving/chipping

back in the 1970/80s

it is in a National Park...so technically U cant even lift a rock off the ground to see whats under it...

no touching!!!

as i said in another post...it wouldnt be hard to "hoax" the hoax...

eg: find a "compliant" ranger (are there any other sorts???) and your done...
who is really going to challenge a ranger backed up by officialdom???

there are now countless references to this GLYPH site all over the internet...

and 90% are either "crazy" or debunkers happy with themselves...!!!

thanx again....

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

If you know where the story is off the ranger catching the guy please link, would like to read details of what he founding chiping on the rock and also check its source and see its legitimate. A hearsay story on itself really isn't proof of hoax.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage

If you know where the story is off the ranger catching the guy please link, would like to read details of what he founding chiping on the rock and also check its source and see its legitimate. A hearsay story on itself really isn't proof of hoax.

If you locate any info on the ranger and the chipping story, if there are any photos, maybe they will show the glyph that was being worked on when the ranger stopped by and, perhaps, you might locate the same glyph in mid-chipping state to verify that. I know that's probably quite a stretch to get so lucky but figured I would mention it.

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hi shaneR, great photos!
I was struck by your post cause yesterday I was looking exactly at this site and other Australian pre aboriginal artifacts/stories (which I never heard of before yesterday).
I stumbled upon forgottenorigin.com, which you surely know, the authors have a fascinating theory and they did a lot of researches incorporating elder's knowledge. I can't vouch for their veracity tho since I'm completely new to these things in that part of the world.
They explain the "debunking" as a Yugoslav old man with mental issues, thus they didn't arrest nor do anything to him, and I guess this is the stinky part of the story since with such an excuse they could avoid recording the fact anywhere nor denounce him to the police. And, of course, they never saw that man again.

However, they did some videos and the opening was in fact unaccessible as you can see at 1m35s in this video www.youtube.com...
then at 2m52s it seems the passage is open... so maybe they have something to do with it. The video was uploaded last May so they may have something to do with it.

You can maybe try to contact them and get more info, they seem legitimately researching the site.

Great work btw!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

yeah sorry...i should of given ya this link...

this is from the local area...

there are many more...but all based on similar info/storyline...

home.iprimus.com.au..." target="_blank" class="postlink">home.iprimus.com.au...

it says:

First documented by a Gosford Council surveyor back in the late 70s, he observed the glyphs being created over a period of two to three years.

I spoke to this man by telephone two years ago and found that he now works as a guide for the National Parks and Wildlife Service.

In 1983 a person contacted the Parks Service and they undertook studies of the site and monitored it over the next couple of years.

The Service took photographs back then showing freshly cut engravings and stockpiles of materials being used to alter a natural fault in the rocks at the site to create an underground chamber or "tomb".

The head of the Department of Egyptology at Macquarie University in Sydney remarked that the carvings were "the work of amateurs and merely scratches that meant nothing".

Tests on the rock surface by experts revealed that the carvings were less than 40 years old.

In 1984 a NPWS ranger caught a man adding to the carvings and confiscated his chisel.

The NPWS receive so many calls about the glyphs that they have produced a facts sheet which is available if you contact them.

So all this happened over 30 years ago and was just a local mystery until the story appeared in an archaeological magazine and then the internet.

This began a new wave of speculation by a variety of "experts" who only had dubious reports and scant photos of the site.

Without conducting any background research, these "experts" suddenly declared that the carvings were done by shipwrecked Egyptian sailors, lost Sumerians or Phoenicians and even the odd space visitor.

It is a little known fact that three farms were in this area for about 50 years and one land owner lived less than 100 metres from the glyphs site up until the 60s.

You could also drive your car to within 20 metres of the site up until around 2001.

To this day there are still people who will ignore the facts and persist with the Egyptian myth, mainly to line their own pockets by conducting tours, holding seminars and selling "sacred fragrances" etc.

There is a real mystery as to who the actual culprit is but evidence suggests that this may be the work of several people over a period of years, possibly starting back in the 60s when students from a local school copied texts from an Egyptian studies textbook onto the rocks at Kariong and then again sometime in the late 70s early 80s when a person living in an old abandoned farmhouse near the site was thought to be adding more glyphs.

In 1983 more work was added including the Anubis figure and possibly some of the earlier work was re-grooved.

My research also uncovered some interesting information which came from 2 reliable and totally unconnected sources that the original culprit may have been the son of a famous local identity but was hushed up to avoid embarrassment.

So we still have a great little local practical joke and the glyphs are now a famous example of pseudo-archaeology but they are definitely not an Egyptian fantasy.

If you would like to learn more about the Kariong Glyphs please visit my new site.

also from the website quoted at bottom of last article...

The conclusions
I’ll put the punchline right up front where everyone will get it, rather than wading through to the end. This is what the facts tell us about the Kariong site.

The Kariong hieroglyphs are recent in age. All the archaeological, geological and other evidence points to them being produced over a period of no more than 20 years from the 1960s through to the last ones in the early 1980s. The people who produced the glyphs are not known.

They are unlikely to be more than 50 years old. No matter how much the claims are pushed, no evidence has been brought forward that is completely inconsistent with the 50 year maximum date. Unsubstantiated claims from locals and people who ‘just reckon’ are of no value as evidence.

The hieroglyphs cut into the rock at the main site and at a few locations nearby were the work of at least two people, maybe more, and new symbols were added at different times over more than a decade. Apart from the glyphs themselves and some demonstrably recent illegal digging, almost everything that has been put forward as ‘evidence’ has been a misinterpretation of natural features of Hawkesbury sandstone. There is not one of these natural features that cannot be found occurring many, many times elsewhere in the Sydney Basin.

The three [or more] ‘translations’ of the hieroglyphs are all likely to be wrong, as there is no evidence that it is more than a random assemblage of symbols. Making a story from them is no different to making a narrative from a string of shopfront names or words randomly picked out of a hat.

Egyptologists have identified many discrepancies between the glyphs and Egyptian writing of the claimed period. Attempts to match the story to features of the site are weak and the named noblemen alleged to have made the voyage do not exist in Egyptian records.
While a lot of people are pushing for the authenticity of the site – Rex Gilroy, Steve Strong, Hans von Senff and Paul White most notably and publicly – each disagrees with the other about dates, translations, meaning and origins. They can’t all be right, but all of them could be wrong.

The hieroglyph site is within Brisbane Waters National Park. It is not under direct threat from the proposed Bambara Road housing development, although is often claimed that it is. Certainly increased housing nearby will place a lot of unwanted pressure on the national park and other land that needs protection. Increased visitor numbers could present a risk to the site by encouraging graffiti and vandalism.

There is no conspiracy or cover-up. National Park managers are concerned when people use metal detectors or excavate the ground – both are illegal within national parks, and there are real public safety issues to consider as well. Most archaeologists avoid getting involved in this sort of stuff because they find the claims laughable, and dislike wasting their time arguing with people who are very unlikely to change their minds, even when the gaping holes in their evidence and logic are shown to them.

It is also within a registered Aboriginal Place, which received special protection under the NSW National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974. Anyone visiting the site should only aim for the ideal of only taking photos and leaving only memories. Unauthorised ‘research’ including digging could result in heavy penalties.

Many people believe – based on no evidence – that Egyptian ships could have travelled to Australia. All the evidence from archaeological finds of actual ships shows they were best suited to rivers and sea-going, not open ocean. There are no, repeat, NO legitimate ancient finds of any Egyptian items east of the Horn of Africa, apart from the dubious claims for the Kariong glyphs and other similar items from around Australia.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join