It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Australian) "Egyptian Hieroglyphics" site REVISITED...i explored underground chamber... see PIX

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Sorry I can't find the story of the ranger anymore on forgottenorigin so I may have been mistaken, but I found the same exact words I saw yesterday in another article/post

www.unexplainedaustralia.com...

According to exwitch.com.au

Alan Dash, a surveyor with the Gosford City Council between 1968 and 1993, first noticed the carvings about 1975. Thoroughly familiar with the area, he revisited the site several times over the next 5 years, each time observing that more and more carvings appeared on the rock face. He considered the engravings the work of an irresponsible vandal.

Neil Martin, Ranger with the National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) at Gosford, himself found the man responsible. "In 1984 I was in the area helping to put out a fire", he told me. "As I came around the base of the hill, I could hear a noise like someone chipping stone. I walked over to the cleft and found an old Yugoslavian man, chipping the stone with a Sidchrome cold chisel. Because this was national park property, I confiscated the chisel and the man left. Because he was mentally handicapped, we took no further action, but I later gave the chisel to the local historical society. We never saw the old man again."

edit on 5 1 2015 by Mastronaut because: (can't fix the link)

edit on 5 1 2015 by Mastronaut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: evc1shop

hi Evc1shop...thanx for the post...

good point....

i just replied about the official story...
and as i was re-reading it 2 things struck me...

1) it says pics were taken....where are they now?????

2) it says "spoke personally to ranger" etc...then says NO idea who fraudster was...
but the ranger did know...he said he was an old yugoslav guy (possibly mentally handicappped...)

so there are some holes....

dig away...!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Ziming

thanx Ziming...much appreciated...

i will have a look tonite....

any chance of a quick summary???
( 'cant watch til later)

anyway...
yeeehaaaaw...3hrs of new vids to have fun with...(or not???)

verdict tomoro!!!

thanx again...and seeya...

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Mastronaut

I found some more information on the surveyor who found the old guy. The surveyor now works for NPWS, and it appears that his employment has always been connected with them.

woywoynet.blogspot.com.au...

The old guy in question is identified in article but I doubt hes alive now. The article talks about a derelict house nearby the old guy lived in, mabey if you can find the location of the house or where it once stood you should be able to find evidence of the chisel tools he used. What this boils down to is the word of an employee of NPWS, if you can find an old chisel lying around somewhere where the old guy lived I will be adequately convinced its a Hoax.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
In the other post the ranger said "but I later gave the chisel to the local historical society". I'm not sure if the local history society is a museum or a non profit org, but maybe they still have or surely remember the chisel.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

In the other post the ranger said "but I later gave the chisel to the local historical society". I'm not sure if the local history society is a museum or a non profit org, but maybe they still have or surely remember the chisel.

Its makes 0 sense to give them the chisel if the things are fake. The chisel is the primary evidence these markings are fake and it has conveniently disappeared into the vault of the local history society. I guess the only chance now is to contact them and see if they have it, and willing to let it be examined with the paper work which shows they logged it into their collection on such and such date of 1975. If they have no record of such chisel or the society has ceased to exist then it will place great doubts in my mind of the park rangers surveys story. If that turns up a dead end I guess someone, if they are passionate enough to find a conclusive answer to this; could ask the surveyor if he is willing to sit a polygraph test.

edit on 5-1-2015 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

hi Mastronaut...thanx!!!

yes i checked out the vid...thats far-out...

egyptians are enough for me...
through in aliens too and its a bit much!!!

anyway...i think this is the original work on this subject...

www.youtube.com...

i remember reading the original PAUL WHITE article in Nexus way back then...(1991 ?)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

thanx again Mastronaut...he would of needed more than a chisel...

the "GROOVES" are fairly round...not cut square...

plus he might of needed a hammer...

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
regarding the LICHEN and EROSION possibilities....see this snippet below...

from... the secret visitors project

6. So, how old are the engravings?

Taking all of the evidence together, they were carved over a period from the 1960s to 1984. They are at most about 50 years old.

The lines of evidence that support the date of 50 years maximum are:

Condition of the engravings – The edges of the engravings are sharp and made with hard chisels leaving clean V shaped cuts. Close examination shows no sign of any re-cutting.

Lack of erosion – There is no sign of the erosion that would have been present over more than 3,000 years or even 450. Even if the erosion rate of 13-17 mm per century were reduced somehow by 99%, the 3.9-5.1 mm of weathering would be clearly visible on the edges of every cut. Any more than 10 mm of erosion and many of the figures would be rendered illegible.

Lichen growth – There are two main types of lichen growing on the sides of the cleft – a green circular lichen – Xanthoparmelia – and a lighter one with black ‘peppery’ spots – Buellia. Symbols were cut through the Xanthoparmelia lichen and they have not in any instance had time to re-colonise the cuts. Comparison with examples on different surfaces and moisture conditions shows highly variable growth for this lichen. The thallus [central body] grows about 5 mm in radius every 30 years, or 15 mm per century. The Buellia lichen grows about twice as fast as Xanthoparmelia. Xanthoparmelia has not re-colonised any of the engraving cuts where it has been severed but Buellia has.

The oldest lichen in the cleft is only several centuries old at most and is not found in the engravings. It is likely to reflect the relative age of the crack, suggesting it only formed a few hundred years ago. The precarious position of the overlying boulder suggests its separation and eventual collapse is still a work in progress.

Comparison with other sandstone construction of similar or greater age – We can easily compare dated sandstone headstones or buildings throughout Sydney to see how it fares over 50 years or a century. We can also look at Aboriginal engravings, including a number within a short distance at the public site of Bulgandry, which are a minimum of two centuries old. We can examine the convict-built Great North Road from the 1830s. In comparison with the Kariong engravings, on exactly the same sort of stone, any stonework over a century old is much more deteriorated. The Kariong engravings are clearly younger than that.

see: secretvisitors.wordpress.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: shaneR

Lack of erosion – There is no sign of the erosion that would have been present over more than 3,000 years or even 450

I thought these things we covered from exposure to weather? We don't see weather erosion on egyptian symbols not exposed to weather.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

no...there was a roof type structure (apparently)

...but most has fallen

there is still a small section..( near top of photo...)
under it U can see a collapsed section...

these TWO FLAT SURFACES (one left...the other on the right)...is THE GALLERY...

the glyphs are on BOTH THESE WALLS...

hope that helps...

edit on 5/1/2015 by shaneR because: (no reason given)

Q

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
So...lemme get this straight...for the 'official' debunking...we have an alleged mentally handicapped individual of Yugoslav descent (?)...who, despite this mental handicap clearly being severe enough to be visibly obvious to the alleged ranger, was capable of learning at least a basic grip on a hieroglyphic language from an unrelated country used thousands of years ago, and was no less than capable of etching replicas of said language, rather legibly, in a random cliff face.

Of course he wasn't arrested or identified...and he immediately disappeared, "never to be seen again". Poof!

Wow...that's kinda weak, by any standard. Neat pics and interesting subject!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Q

hi Q...thanx for the input....

yes...it sounds weak....not sure what else to say...

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
You're a nutter going in there with snakes, spiders and tight spaces involved. WELL DONE!!

We need more of this type of stuff. Real user generated content. People getting out of their computer thrones and doing it properly.

Brilliant thread!!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Heres indian Glyphs opne to the weather for thousands of years. Notice how sharp and crisp the images still remain. The weather erosion argument holds as convincing as the park rangers story of the Yugoslave and chisel that mysteriously have both vanished without a trace.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

1. look at the hieroglyphs at that site and at those found in Egypt. There is no comparison. The ones found in Egypt were done VERY meticulously and with precision, even rough hieroglyphs, these are VERY sloppily done.

Look at some professionally done, hand painted sign writing and then look at some hand written graffiti..the difference in quality and style is like night and day..yet we wouldn't say the graffiti wasn't genuine because it didn't match the standard of the professional sign writer would we?

Remember, the average ancient Egyptian was illiterate. The scribes and elites could read and write, but the majority of ordinary folk (and that would include rank and file expeditionary soldiers and sailors) could not.

If the expedition leadership was killed, the barely literate lower ranks could produce writing, but it would be full of grammatical errors and the quality of the carving and setting out would be of a much lower quality that say, a skilled scribe or artisan carver would produce when making signage or inscriptions for a city monument or tomb..but again this doesn't mean they were not carved by genuine ancient Egyptians, albeit partially illiterate ones.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

hi and14263

thanx for the reply...

and the encouragement...

much appreciated...

heres another pic...

this is under one of the glyph walls
(the nth west one)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Fantastic presentation ShaneR and thanks for sharing!

I would suggest that these were created by the global civilization which sprung from Atlantis and from there established all the cultures we are familiar with Sumerian,Egyptian etc. so it seems they touched down in Oz as well..hmmm..great posts thanks again!

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Hi ShaneR, good to see you.

Good job on the trip and sharing your pictures with us, this place has intrigued me for a while now, if I ever get the chance I sure would like to check the area out for myself!

Now, I'm very down with Australia being visited by groups from afar, the vast majority of evidence of this has been found on the northern part of the continent, and traded with northern aboriginal tribes.

I don't believe the Egyptians at the time had the capabilities to sail to Australia, so if they got here, it was through South east Asia, very plausible, but then for some reason they decided to travel over the Blue Mountains, no mean feat by the way, to write some hieroglyphics on rock. Then where did they go? Back north?

I would think there would be far more evidence of their presence than just their carvings, where did they live whilst carving the rocks?

There should be old broken tools discarded, signs of cooking, animal bones..all the typical archeological finds.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Thanks for the new opening, here are a couple of shots of mine from a couple of years back. Great energy great place either way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join