It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Indian aircraft on agenda of major science conference

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

I posted a study of VS by five Indian professors stating that there were no references to Vimana as travelling vehicles in the Ramayana or Mahabarata.

Shortly after this, you posted:

Ohh goody Vimanas! Let loose the dogs of ancient wars! Its about time more are opening thier eyes to ancient technologies!

So clearly you believe that Vimana are indeed an item of ancient technology.

i ask for more discussion on the subject from you. And laugh at the silly video.

You tell me to read the Ramayana as there are references therein.

I don't feel like attacking a few thousand pages of text to look for references to Vimana as flying vehicles in a book that 5 indian professors have stated contain no such thing, so i take a punt and say that you have not read The Ramayana.

You call me a bogus psychic, obviously implying i'm incorrect in stating that you have not read The Ramayana.

You then, a few posts later reveal that you have not read the Ramayana at all, but Tulsida's Ramcharitmanas - a different author, a different name, a different original language, a thousand years younger, a third the number of pages. So not the Ramayana then.

And you thought to insult me over that with the whole juvenile bogus psychic schtick?

Dissembling to mislead people and try to defend a point until it becomes indefensible is rather dishonest and childish. As are the silly videos.

And i'm more than happy to insult Von Daniken and his protege Georgio and others. They are frauds.

And in the NOVA/Horizon documentary above, The Case of the Ancient Astronauts (1977), around 40 minutes on, you can see Däniken himself admitting these things described in his book didn’t actually happen. It’s wonderful seeing how he express some discomfort, but does not seem terribly disturbed confessing he simply made up the “incredible real and tangible truth”;.

Watch about 40m-43m re his admission

Plus a well read person can just identify the lies/misrepresentation while watching the AA show. It's a joke.

And yes, i've done loads of research that relates to AA, as well as Archaeology, History, Mythology, Art, Psychology, Religion and ancient scripture in general. This allows me to laugh at the AA tv show and it's collection of hucksters.

edit on 5-1-2015 by skalla because: clarity

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla
I posted a study of VS by five Indian professors stating that there were no references to Vimana as travelling vehicles in the Ramayana or Mahabarata.
Shortly after this, you posted:

Ohh goody Vimanas! Let loose the dogs of ancient wars! Its about time more are opening thier eyes to ancient technologies!

So clearly you believe that Vimana are indeed an item of ancient technology.
i ask for more discussion on the subject from you. And laugh at the silly video.
You tell me to read the Ramayana as there are references therein.
I don't feel like attacking a few thousand pages of text to look for references to Vimana as flying vehicles in a book that 5 indian professors have stated contain no such thing, so i take a punt and say that you have not read The Ramayana.
You call me a bogus psychic, obviously implying i'm incorrect in stating that you have not read The Ramayana.
You then, a few posts later reveal that you have not read the Ramayana at all, but Tulsida's Ramcharitmanas - a different author, a different name, a different original language, a thousand years younger, a third the number of pages. So not the Ramayana then.
And you thought to insult me over that with the whole juvenile bogus psychic schtick?
Dissembling to mislead people and try to defend a point until it becomes indefensible is rather dishonest and childish. As are the silly videos.
And i'm more than happy to insult Von Daniken and his protege Georgio and others. They are frauds.

And in the NOVA/Horizon documentary above, The Case of the Ancient Astronauts (1977), around 40 minutes on, you can see Däniken himself admitting these things described in his book didn’t actually happen. It’s wonderful seeing how he express some discomfort, but does not seem terribly disturbed confessing he simply made up the “incredible real and tangible truth”;.

Watch about 40m-43m re his admission

Plus a well read person can just identify the lies/misrepresentation while watching the AA show. It's a joke.
And yes, i've done loads of research that relates to AA, as well as Archaeology, History, Mythology, Art, Psychology, Religion and ancient scripture in general. This allows me to laugh at the AA tv show and it's collection of hucksters.

I posted in response to the OP's original post, not to what you wrote, if I was was going to do that I would have quoted you.
You keep on saying Tulsidas's version isnt the Ramayana, the book I read says ramayana on it, I read that one . You then started saying I didnt read it because I didnt post some quote for you.
Because you said I didnt read it I said you must think you are some kind of psychic telling people what they have and havent read.
If you asked what version of the ramayana I read in a polite manner I could have simply said tulsidas's.

You then said its not the real ramayana because it came out after the other.

However I disagree for example there are various versions of the bible, now if you go and tell someone they havent read it just because they havent quoted it, or read the ancient dead sea scrolls they will just laugh at you. Why because its a matter of your opinion on what the bible is, and its not for you to say which version of the bible or ramayana is the correct one to read now is it.

To tell someone they havent read the bible after they read it is just rude and you should know better, the same goes for the ramayana, or anything.

I suggest you dont tell others what they have and havent done in the future just focus on what you yourself have done, it would be more polite.

edit on 5-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

I call that full on BS you are calling me a liar for saying that I can try to post some interesting information if I come across any and recomend reading the Ramayana? I havent read Valmiki's version which is the truth, I have seen parts of it online but havent read the book. That I didnt read Valmiki's version your calling me a liar? You sir are the one who is making up stuff. What are you talking about? I suggest you look at it again, I in no way lied and if you continue to say I have lied which is not true, I will have the mods sort you out.

So, you did not post:

I reccomend reading the Ramayana. There are a few Vimana references in there.

And then admit you'd never even read the book?

Tell the truth and you won't have to worry about it. Lie, and you'll have to continuously try to slander people that catch you doing so.

Harte

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Your comparison is wholly invalid - the Bible has translations, not artistic license retellings. You did not read the Ramayana, you read Shri Ramcharitmanas. Period. Its more akin to saying, "I've read the Bible! I have Joseph Smith's Inspired Version!"

Now, allow me to prove that Ancient Aliens lies outright.

Transcript

Narrator: Rome.
October 27, 312 A.D.
At the Milvian bridge north side of the city, deposed emperor Constantine prepares to reclaim his throne from Maxentius.
In the sky, he witnesses what he will later describe as a cross hovering above him.
He interprets this vision as a sign from the Christian god.
The next day Constantine and his army bear the image of the Chi Rho on their shields and flags, one of the earliest cruciform symbols used by Christians.
When they emerge victorious, christianity becomes the official religion of the Roman empire, and the world is changed forever.
But was the cross-shaped object Constantine claimed to have seen in the sky really a sign from God? Or might it have been some other extraordinary force? Bramley: It looked like they are in a shape of a cross but a shape of a cross could have been air plane type objects, because the fuselage and the wings would look like a cross to somebody who's looking up.
Of course they had no concept of these things back then.
Chris Pittman: There were other signs important that were seen around the same time, they were described as a crucifix in the sky.
If these were to appear in the sky today, we would describe them quite differently.
Tsoukalos: Is it possible that Constantine instead of actually having seen a cross floating in the sky, actually saw a type of an extraterrestrial craft? Is it possible that Constantine won because the extraterrestrials were siding with Constantine and thus altering mankind's history forever?

So Constantine actually saw something in the sky? Except that:

Constantine was directed in a dream to cause the heavenly sign to be delineated on the shields of his soldiers, and so to proceed to battle. He did as he had been commanded, and he marked on their shields the letter X, with a perpendicular line drawn through it and turned round thus at the top, being the cipher of CHRIST. Having this sign, his troops stood to arms.

Lactantius, De Mortibus Persecutorum, ch 44

He saw the Chi-Rho combined letter cross in the sky, along with the words "in this sign conquer", in the sky. In his dream. AA destroyed.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

I call that full on BS you are calling me a liar for saying that I can try to post some interesting information if I come across any and recomend reading the Ramayana? I havent read Valmiki's version which is the truth, I have seen parts of it online but havent read the book. That I didnt read Valmiki's version your calling me a liar? You sir are the one who is making up stuff. What are you talking about? I suggest you look at it again, I in no way lied and if you continue to say I have lied which is not true, I will have the mods sort you out.

So, you did not post:

I reccomend reading the Ramayana. There are a few Vimana references in there.

And then admit you'd never even read the book?

Tell the truth and you won't have to worry about it. Lie, and you'll have to continuously try to slander people that catch you doing so.

Harte

What are you going on about Ill flag your post for the mods since you want to continue to call me a liar.

I read the ramayana tulsidas's version if thats not good enough for you guys too bad, however calling me a lair when im not, is against T&C of ATS so Ill flag your post.

If you dont think tulsidas's version is the ramayana thats on you not me. The book I read says ramayana on it, and you or anyone saying its not the real because its tulsidas's version of the ramayana is just your opinion.

I have not lied nor do I see why you insist on slandering me, saying I have done so rather then discuss the OP in a polite manner.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

It suprises me that many dont put forth just a little effort, if anyone wanted, key word is wanted, could easily find some information on vimanas, and most act as if they are incapable of doing any research whatsoever and sharing for discussion. Then ask others to site sources and more information for them because they dont want to do any research or legwork, or fingerwork since its online.

Cripes. I let you go in peace, and you're back?

Glutton for punishment, you must be.

Look: we've all done our homework, we've done all our googling. More, it's obvious, than you have. Those videos you keep posting are bunkum. The web sites that tell you, solemnly, that ancient Indians had aviation technology and it's all in the Vedas, they're bunkum too. How do we know? Because we know more about ancient India and the Vedas and aviation technology than the people who put those stupid sites up. It's the difference between having an education (which means a lot more than having gone to school and business college after) and not having one.

You, and not we, are the one with his eyes and mind shut, the one refusing to do the research, the one refusing to cite his sources. You're behaving like a baby. Grow up.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

It suprises me that many dont put forth just a little effort, if anyone wanted, key word is wanted, could easily find some information on vimanas, and most act as if they are incapable of doing any research whatsoever and sharing for discussion. Then ask others to site sources and more information for them because they dont want to do any research or legwork, or fingerwork since its online.

Cripes. I let you go in peace, and you're back?
Glutton for punishment, you must be.
Look: we've all done our homework, we've done all our googling. More, it's obvious, than you have. Those videos you keep posting are bunkum. The web sites that tell you, solemnly, that ancient Indians had aviation technology and it's all in the Vedas, they're bunkum too. How do we know? Because we know more about ancient India and the Vedas and aviation technology than the people who put those stupid sites up. It's the difference between having an education (which means a lot more than having gone to school and business college after) and not having one.
You, and not we, are the one with his eyes and mind shut, the one refusing to do the research, the one refusing to cite his sources. You're behaving like a baby. Grow up.

And now you start with the name calling seriously, thats rude, please dont do it. Show others the same respect you yourself would like. I doubt you would like someone calling you names, and would expect a more mature discussion that doesnt involve name calling. Instead why not discuss the topic in a polite manner.

Saying I am closed minded for watching ancient aliens or reading various online information I may come across which is my right as a human being is rude.

I said before I am not claiming anything, nor am I siting sources, I never claimed to be an authority on the subject, why on earth would I?

Then tell me I refuse to research the subject? Seriously how do you know what I have and havent done, I am not claiming to be a researcher, nor am I claiming anything at all.

I am open to new ideas or old ones for that matter, I am not 100% on anything nor have I claimed to be. I mentioned the show because they refer to vimanas in the show, they have done some research, they are making the claims not me, and are trying to share that research with the public.

Just think about what your saying for a moment, the people who have websites and other sources of information like those on the television show are all wrong, the only ones who are right are "WE" meaning those who post on this forum. Everyone can always learn if your open to that, to think you know better than others makes you sound like a know it all, I dont think any of us know it all or are beyond learning more information by reading or looking things up online.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Sorry, but the attempt to re-write science based on Indian myths and legends is utter stupidity. Any evidence? I cannot really say much more.

Regards

I think von braun and his colleagues during the war had studied this text and came up with the bell project allegedly

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei
Okay, here's something a little more in my area of expertise, let's clear up some misconceptions.

There were zero indications that von Braun had ever read or was interested in Indian mythology. You are confusing him with Heinrich Himmler, who was obsessed with Aryans and believed that he himself was a reincarnation. Himmler allegedly used the Rig Veda as his Bible for swearing oaths.

Von Braun was interested in rockets and under the SS he was employed in the conventional rocket program (V2), which at the time was quite unconventional means of flight. He was a man of science and made project rockets in his early days, small scale. See this excellent documentary:
Nazi Megastructures: V2

Now the Bell, has never had any evidence for its existence. It was first spoken of by some Polish guy a decade ago, he claimed the Polish government showed him secret documents referring to it which he wasnt allowed to photocopy. So there is literally zero evidence that it ever existed.

Despite this, there is some evidence the Nazis were experimenting with electromagnetic propulsion and unconventional aircraft. The bell just has no basis in fact.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Found this interesting clip from ancient aliens the TV show on youtube. Interesting to say the least. Note I am not saying these are true or false, believable or not, just posting a vid I just came across online.

The Vaimānika Shāstra वैमानिक शास्त्र ("Science of Aeronautics"; also Vimanika, Vymanika) is an early 20th century Sanskrit text on aeronautics, claimed to be obtained by mental channeling, about construction of vimānas, the "chariots of the Gods", self-moving aerial cars mentioned in the Sanskrit epics.
The existence of the text was revealed in 1952 by G. R. Josyer, according to whom it is due to one Pandit Subbaraya Shastry, who dictated it in 1918-1923. A Hindi translation was published in 1959, the Sanskrit text with an English translation in 1973. It has 3000 shlokas in 8 chapters and was attributed by Shastry to Maharishi Bharadvaja, which makes it of purportedly "ancient" origin, and hence it has a certain notability in ancient astronaut theories.

The above is evidence that you did not read the thread. I posted a Critical Study of this as the first reply in the thread and have mentioned it many times since. Have you taken a look at either the VS or the study i posted?

And you say some people cant do research when i've been directing you at these from the very beginning. Now suddenly you point us at this work.

Brilliant. This is like some kind of performance art.

I don't mean you ill FotL, but i've been bringing evidence from the beginning, if only you'd just looked at some of it.

A fine dude once said "ATS is where stupid comes to die", and a lot of us here have spent a lot of time researching things that we find fascinating, and in many cases even used to swallow without too much examination. When people make claims, they must provide evidence; and when evidence is provided, it's quite counter-productive not to take some reasonable amount of time to examine and consider it.

Many at ATS take pride in destroying nonsense, while providing a sound basis for it's destruction and material for increasing our collective knowledge.

Be well

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

And now you start with the name calling

What name did I call you? Or anyone else?

Saying I am closed minded for watching ancient aliens or reading various online information I may come across which is my right as a human being is rude.

Quite likely. But I didn't do that either.

Telling you your mind is closed because you won't accept facts presented to you — as I did — is not rude. It's a perfectly fair call.

I am not claiming anything

Yet you keep posting videos that all make the same kinds of claim. I call that disingenuous.

Just think about what your saying for a moment, the people who have websites and other sources of information like those on the television show are all wrong, the only ones who are right are "WE" meaning those who post on this forum.

That's how it looks to you. To someone who actually knows the subject, it looks completely different.

edit on 6/1/15 by Astyanax because: of parentheses.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Sorry, but the attempt to re-write science based on Indian myths and legends is utter stupidity. Any evidence? I cannot really say much more.

Regards

Why not give it a chance? I doubt you could provide evidence to me that the core of the earth is 5400 °C and made of iron–nickel alloy. I believe ignorance towards new ideas is utter stupidity.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 6Taco6Smell6

Regards

Why not give it a chance? I doubt you could provide evidence to me that the core of the earth is 5400 °C and made of iron–nickel alloy. I believe ignorance towards new ideas is utter stupidity.

I Agree with you 100% why not give other ideas a chance? Notice one side denies while the other keeps an open mind and will neither confirm nor deny. One side is saying we are right and everyone else is wrong, while the other is just saying anything is possible.

Please note I am not saying anything is factual just interesting entertainment for those who are entertained by the thought of vimanas and various sources of information out there.

Are you not entertained!
edit on 6-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I wonder if they will present the fact Vedic texts state Vimans were NOT from India but attributed them to the Danavas who were Europeans ???

“When the Daityas were being slaughtered they again took to their vimana and, employing the Danava science, flew up into the sky”
edit on 8-1-2015 by rowanflame because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: rowanflame
I wonder if they will present the fact Vedic texts state Vimans were NOT from India but attributed them to the Danavas who were Europeans ???

“When the Daityas were being slaughtered they again took to their vimana and, employing the Danava science, flew up into the sky”

Since when does race ever have to do with anything at all? All people are one race the human race.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
Ancient Aliens never showcases experts or archaeologists, let alone dissenting opinions, for a reason.

Actually, they do...but they use them as window dressing. I caught part of the show about the Ethiopian churches, and while chortling, I said to my better half that I knew an expert on them, and he had never mentioned the Ark of the Covenant to me. Lo and behold, there he was in the next scene, confirming that the churches were x years old, or some such indisputable fact. Then the show went on to pitch some of its usual hooey that had nothing to do with the expert's statements. I'm certain that he took a lot of ribbing over that one...I never brought it up, but I hope it paid well. I can't watch the show...it makes me nuts!

Back to our friend FormOfTheLord...there is so much real data available on the net. Do your own research, don't just soak up what the hucksters say. And as to the OP...well, I don't think the ancient texts have any role in a scientific conference without firm proof of their veracity. Really, it's like inviting Creationists to a paleoanthropology symposium.
edit on 8-1-2015 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: rowanflame

Since when does race ever have to do with anything at all? All people are one race the human race.

Because whenever Indians promote this stuff they specifically talk about "Indian Vimanas" and ancient "Indian Science" but the fact is the scriptures say they did not belong to Indians at all

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: rowanflame

Could you point us, please, to the exact passage where it says that?

I await your reply with bated breath.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Here's the quote:

The Yavanas, O king, are all-knowing; the Suras are particularly so (sarvajnā yavanā rajan shurāz caiva vishesatah)

I've never looked for it though because the Mahabharata online is broken into a thousand parts and you'd have to search each part and I'm lazy.

So, let us know.

Harte

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

where who says what?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join