It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Indian aircraft on agenda of major science conference

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Ohh goody Vimanas! Let loose the dogs of ancient wars! Its about time more are opening thier eyes to ancient technologies!

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Its about time more are opening thier eyes to ancient technologies!

I was under the impression that YouTube is a modern technology.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

If it is pure lunacy let them give their side then shoot it down in flames.

Perhaps you would have the homeless guy shouting "the end is nigh" give speaking engagements at the next political summit that comes up? G20 delegate!

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Ohh goody Vimanas! Let loose the dogs of ancient wars! Its about time more are opening thier eyes to ancient technologies!

Then open our eyes by answering the points that have been made against them by myself and Astyanax, rather than posting a YT vid.

I assume that as you are an enthusiast on the subject, you have looked into it more deeply than just seeing Georgio flap his gums and going "cooooool".

I've put some effort into my posts in this thread, it would be nice if a "believer" did the same. We could have a good discussion.

But all that has been posted here on the "pro" side is empty platitudes. Maybe you are the man to change that?

ETA: Your vid says "vedic texts dating back to 16,000 bc", then references the Vymanika Shastra, which was destroyed in just 1 line at the start of the thread. Read my posts and deal with the points there.

Seriously man, i'd need to be a lobotomised crack head to watch more than 5 seconds of that nonsense with out spitting my tea all over my keyboard. It's pathetic. Please refute my earlier posts.
edit on 4-1-2015 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

Then open our eyes by answering the points that have been made against them by myself and Astyanax, rather than posting a YT vid.

I assume that as you are an enthusiast on the subject, you have looked into it more deeply than just seeing Georgio flap his gums and going "cooooool".

I've put some effort into my posts in this thread, it would be nice if a "believer" did the same. We could have a good discussion.

But all that has been posted here on the "pro" side is empty platitudes. Maybe you are the man to change that?

ETA: Your vid says "vedic texts dating back to 16,000 bc", then references the Vymanika Shastra, which was destroyed in just 1 line at the start of the thread. Read my posts and deal with the points there.

Seriously man, i'd need to be a lobotomised crack head to watch more than 5 seconds of that nonsense with out spitting my tea all over my keyboard. It's pathetic. Please refute my earlier posts.

Sorry I drank the last glass of Kool Aid, I cant prove or disprove anything even your existance for that matter. I can try to post some interesting information if I come across any till then I reccomend reading the Ramayana. There are a few Vimana references in there. There are a few Vimana like references in the Bible as well should you look for them. I think you should state a few recorded instances of particular vimana references for discussion you would like to discuss. If you dont want to believe in ancient technology thats your choice, I dont want to make a believer out of anyone. To each thier own.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   

You have not read the Ramayana, or you would have quoted them.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I am glad they are thinking about this ancient claim. My reason is that the Indian records haven't had people interfering with them for a political agenda and can be considered as pure in content.

I do have a problem with people thinking that with our brains and our being some 100,000 years old that we did not get to the stage of technology and flight. The Indian planes were reputed to take people to the moon etc and I look forward to reading what comes out of this.

We have been living for the last 2000 years with precious little to disturb our world so we haven't experienced any major upheaval that our planet is capable of. Sure we see signs in the ice records, and find odd things that shouldn't exist, if we believe the biblical ideas on our beginnings et. But when you look at the craftsmanship and the ability to align huge stone edifices with the important points of measurement on our planet and stars, then its obvious we have had technology in the past with which to do these things.

People don't want to think about our real beginnings because it frightens them and takes away their ideal of heaven floating around and waiting for them to die - perhaps they are the ones who need to rethink their ideas? We could also do with a new form of power that perhaps a government can't tax virtually out of existence and refuse us to use.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

What youve got to appreciate is we have moved on from using stone, instead we use exotic alloys that to the Egyptians would have just been sorcery.

Its like michalangelos David, good luck finding someone in todays world that can produce anything like that anymore, doesnt mean to say Aliens did it.

Modern construction examples are so well and beyond anything any ancient civilizations could have ever hoped to achieve.

They couldn't lift the whole thing so cut pieces from it and then restored the pieces in sections and glued it part together

Then maybe they should have used something like this, Taisun, its capable of lifting over 20,000 tons.

lets get right into the maths I can handle it can you?

If you like, but I am not an archtiect and probably neither are you no, nor do I hold any advanced degrees in mechinical engineering. But I am entirely certain modern construction equipment would have no problem recreating the Pyramids of Giza. If finances were not an issue I imagine it would be a fairly trivial affair.
edit on 4-1-2015 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

What youve got to appreciate is we have moved on from using stone, instead we use exotic alloys that to the Egyptians would have just been sorcery.

Its like michalangelos David, good luck finding someone in todays world that can produce anything like that anymore, doesnt mean to say Aliens did it.

Modern construction examples are so well and beyond anything any ancient civilizations could have ever hoped to achieve.

You immediately started with the analogy of comparing an apple to an orange and then concluding in your third sentence that the apple is superior. Please don't reply to me gain on Ats.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

You have not read the Ramayana, or you would have quoted them.

Are you trying to be a fortune teller or do you have real evidence to back up your bogus claim? Maybe you used the psychic hotline to get some bad information about me and my life. I suggest you leave the fortune telling to the psychics, because the crystal ball your using dont work.

edit on 4-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

Haha, what an odd way to act, anyway here is a nice picture to mull over and will help further explain why we no longer build in the same way ancient Egyptians built the pyramids. Because we build things like this.

then concluding in your third sentence that the apple is superior

Actualy no thats not what I did at all, I concluded that they are well and beyond anything the Egyptians could have ever hoped to achieve with regards to science, mathamatics, engineering etc. You concluding something rather quite erroneus, much like your theorys on both modern and ancient construction methodology.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Then provide some references, quotations of the evidence that you claim exists in The Ramayana, rather than just saying "read a few thousand pages of stuff, it's there somewhere, Childress said so."

because, as you said

and yet you wish to play no role in this and discuss this subject on a discussion forum?

I love ancient technology by the way, i make and sell items made from flint, wood, bone and antler.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

the Indian records haven't had people interfering with them for a political agenda and can be considered as pure in content.

WHAT???

In India, there exists a huge, widespread, multifaceted Hindu religious-nationalist movement, generally known as hindutva, portions of which are busily engaged in spinning the contents of ancient texts to prove that India is the home of all cultural, philsophical, scientific, technological and artistic achievement. According to these people Jesus was an avatar of Krishna, Sanskrit is the mother of all languages, and Vedic sages knew all about nuclear physics and flying machines thousands upon thousands of years ago (well before the Vedas, actually). This has been going on for quite a long time; well over a century, in fact.

In addition, the texts themselves were often written from a particular political slant, favouring one party or another at the time they were written. The Mahavamsa of Sri Lanka presents a picture of a monolithic island civilization ruled by kings who were guided by Theravada monks. In fact there were many cultures on the island and many rival schools of Buddhism in the island at different times, though these are hardly mentioned. The Arthashastra of Kautiliya, a text on statecraft and government written in the third (or late fourth) century BC actually contains advice on the use of propaganda and disinformation.

There is no country on Earth in which the past has not been re-imagined and reinterpreted for political purposes. India is no exception to this rule; on the contrary, given its long and troubled history and the Indian fascination for words and all things ancient, it is one of the most prolific in such revisions.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Puma punku, Gobekli Tepe, Giza, Baalbek,and countless other sites show far more skill and technological ability than we currently possess.....the ancient world civilisation did exist......whether they had vimanas is debatable but far from excluded from possibility just yet.....

Funny, then, how there isn't a single shred of evidence of your 'ancient world civilisation'. None.

And frankly, to say that certain ancient sites show a level of skill above and beyond what we are capable of today, is quite insulting to anybody who has spent any serious length of time learning masonry and working with stone, myself included.

There are certainly many examples of ancient stoneworks that were done by incredibly talented individuals; true masters of the craft. But there has not been a single piece of work uncovered, ever, that could not be replicated today using the same methods and tools the ancients did. I would suggest you go out and talk to some actual stoneworkers before making any further such definitive, and false, statements.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Then provide some references, quotations of the evidence that you claim exists in The Ramayana, rather than just saying "read a few thousand pages of stuff, it's there somewhere, Childress said so."

because, as you said

and yet you wish to play no role in this and discuss this subject on a discussion forum?

I love ancient technology by the way, i make and sell items made from flint, wood, bone and antler.

Provide your aweful psychic references as you want to tell me what I have and havent read. Better yet go read a book. Hope you find one with lots of pictures, since you seem to not have the ability to do your own reading you need someone else to do the reading for you. Maybe someone will take the time to read you a bedtime story lolz.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I reccomend reading the Ramayana.

I have. Or rather, I reently searched the entire text looking for mentions of flying chariots, palaces, machines, etc., in connexion with a book I wrote last year. I can assure you that skalla is correct about the description of the pushpaka vimana as a flying palace.

I used a rather old-fashioned translation by R.T. Griffith that happens to be in the public domain. Old-fashioned it may be, but it is true to the original text by 'Valmiki'. Here it is. Now, which references in particular did you have in mind? Pull them up and we'll discuss them.

edit on 4/1/15 by Astyanax because: I really have, you know.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

I have. In fact, I reently searched the entire text looking for mentions of flying chariots, palaces, machines, etc., in connexion with a book I wrote last year. I can assure you that skalla is correct about the description of the pushpaka vimana as a flying palace.

I used a rather old-fashioned translation by R.T. Griffith that happens to be in the public domain. Old-fashioned it may be, but it is true to the original text by 'Valmiki'. Here it is. Now, which references in particular did you have in mind? Pull them up and we'll discuss them.

Youve read the book you pull them up, why not read it to the other psychic dude since he doesnt want to read it himself, then claims I didnt too. I didnt read Valmiki's version, I read Tulsidas's which is very different in my opinion. You want to help him out go ahead.

I wonder what you think of the Ramayana and the Bible, there are vimana references in both books, what do you think of them.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

You're not waving, but drowning now, i'm only asking you to back up what you have claimed.

As stated earlier 5 Indian professors, all of whom can be checked for credibilty/RL existance can be checked on (i took the time to do this, i like to check my sources) said:

The most important of texts like
Ramayana and Mahabharata make
no mention of the use of aircraft
for travel, military, or war
purposes. The ‘Pushpak Vimana’
of Ramayana, as described
therein, has no flying qualities
except possibly by invocation of
‘mantras’ or ‘tantras’.

Care to prove them wrong with your own reading from Indian epics, or to refute what i said about The Brihat-Kathd or Kathasaritsagara, or even to discuss Purana?

I've laid it all out there and provided some leads for further exploration and discussion. To suggest i have not read on the subject really does your credibility no good at all, but keep throwing vids at me in an attempt to save face by all means.

Remember, there is a burden of proof on those making claims and i have backed mine up without anyone challenging them. You have not supported yours yet.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

I have. In fact, I reently searched the entire text looking for mentions of flying chariots, palaces, machines, etc., in connexion with a book I wrote last year. I can assure you that skalla is correct about the description of the pushpaka vimana as a flying palace.

Youve read the book you pull them up, why not read it to the other psychic dude since he doesnt want to read it himself, then claims I didnt too. I didnt read Valmiki's version, I read Tulsidas's which is very different in my opinion. You want to help him out go ahead.

I wonder what you think of the Ramayana and the Bible, there are vimana references in both books, what do you think of them.

Tulsida wrote a retelling of it. It is not the original and is not even in Sanskrit.

eta: it's also about a thousand years younger.
edit on 4-1-2015 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

You're not waving, but drowning now, i'm only asking you to back up what you have claimed.

As stated earlier 5 Indian professors, all of whom can be checked for credibilty/RL existance can be checked on (i took the time to do this, i like to check my sources) said:

The most important of texts like

Ramayana and Mahabharata make

no mention of the use of aircraft

for travel, military, or war

purposes. The ‘Pushpak Vimana’

of Ramayana, as described

therein, has no flying qualities

except possibly by invocation of

‘mantras’ or ‘tantras’.

Care to prove them wrong with your own reading from Indian epics, or to refute what i said about The Brihat-Kathd or Kathasaritsagara, or even to discuss Purana?

I've laid it all out there and provided some leads for further exploration and discussion. To suggest i have not read on the subject really does your credibility no good at all, but keep throwing vids at me in an attempt to save face by all means.

Remember, there is a burden of proof on those making claims and i have backed mine up without anyone challenging them. You have not supported yours yet.

I am not claiming anything I am asking you to use your brains and google it if you cant spend time to read a book and find answers. I am not claiming anything, there are flying chariots in the Ramayana, and Vimanas in the Bible as well. I am not claiming they were factual I am saying there are references to them in those books, but wait you claim I cant read a book, so why dont you just go ahead and try to read up on it online.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join