It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Indian aircraft on agenda of major science conference

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

I said that you did not read the Ramayana, which you dissembled about before finally admitting that you had infact read The Ramcharitmanas, which is a different book albeit based on the same story, so not the same thing at all which explains your reticence to say that you had indeed read the Ramayana, but points to you for not telling an outright lie.

The burden of proof lies with those making the claims remember.

Now you say that Vimana are not factual then and that they exist purely as a mythological item and are floating palaces, is that correct?

Flying chariots, are of course not Vimana.... and they exist in a number of myths around the world, along with winged horses and sandals etc, are these the ancient technologies that you wish people would open their eyes to?
edit on 4-1-2015 by skalla because: typo

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Ah, the Ram Charit Manas. In which way is it, in your opinion, different from the Ramayana? Apart, that is, from being written less than five hundred years ago in another language than Sanskrit — written, that is, a century after Columbus reached the New World — about the time, in fact, when English rebels were lopping off King Charles's head?

Look, you're just digging yourself in deeper. In another thread, you claimed to have studied physics. I called you on that too. Munchausen much?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

originally posted by: skalla

You have not read the Ramayana, or you would have quoted them.

Are you trying to be a fortune teller or do you have real evidence to back up your bogus claim? Maybe you used the psychic hotline to get some bad information about me and my life. I suggest you leave the fortune telling to the psychics, because the crystal ball your using dont work.

Okay...

So, where's you quotations from the Ramayana?

Don't post another youtube vid of people that share (or are trying to profit from) your ignorance. Do it yourself or walk away.

We already know you have no idea what you're talking about. Can you prove us wrong or not?

I'm betting on "not."

Harte

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Youve read the book you pull them up, why not read it to the other psychic dude since he doesnt want to read it himself, then claims I didnt too. I didnt read Valmiki's version, I read Tulsidas's which is very different in my opinion. You want to help him out go ahead.

Okay..

Have at it.

Harte

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Here is some biblical ufo's for yall enjoy

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Are you trying to be a fortune teller or do you have real evidence to back up your bogus claim? Maybe you used the psychic hotline to get some bad information about me and my life. I suggest you leave the fortune telling to the psychics, because the crystal ball your using dont work.

Okay...

Don't post another youtube vid of people that share (or are trying to profit from) your ignorance. Do it yourself or walk away.

We already know you have no idea what you're talking about. Can you prove us wrong or not?

I'm betting on "not."

Harte

Im not quoting the Ramayana or the bible or anything, if you want to look into it go ahead and google the bible and ufo's alot of info will just pop right up for you.

A little leg work will go a long way.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

Ah, the Ram Charit Manas. In which way is it, in your opinion, different from the Ramayana? Apart, that is, from being written less than five hundred years ago in another language than Sanskrit — written, that is, a century after Columbus reached the New World — about the time, in fact, when English rebels were lopping off King Charles's head?

Look, you're just digging yourself in deeper. In another thread, you claimed to have studied physics. I called you on that too. Munchausen much?

What in gods great name are you talking about, you are/were talking nonsense about superposition, you then had the nerve to say I didnt study physics which is totally false. Where do you get off telling people how their lives have been lived, and what other people have done. You need help if you think you can tell people how they have lived thier lives beacuse you dont like or understand what they are saying, its a strange kind of crazy.

I suggest you get a clue and stop trying to be a psychic, telling other what they have and havent done, because its just rude.

edit on 4-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I understand it's a bit frustrating to get asked questions you can't answer, but don't lose your cool.

If you really do know what you're talking about, would it hurt you to explain yourself a bit? I think not. You can't blame people for being sceptical when you make a claim that goes against what they know, and can cite evidence for. You've had your chance with ancient sources; you've moved from the Mahabharata to the Ramayana and now to a sixteenth-century 'tales from the Ramayana' and there's still no meat in this sandwich. Give us something to chew on.

edit on 4/1/15 by Astyanax because: even the lettuce has wilted.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I understand it's a bit frustrating to get asked questions you can't answer, but don't lose your cool.

If you really do know what you're talking about, would it hurt you to explain yourself a bit? I think not. You can't blame people for being sceptical when you make a claim that goes against what they know, and can cite evidence for. You've had your chance with ancient sources; you've moved from the Mahabharata to the Ramayana and now to a sixteenth-century 'tales from the Ramayana' and there's still no meat in this sandwich. Give us something to chew on.

How could I ever answer your questions? I aint no vimana expert, if I was I would be flying in one and getting shot at or shot down lolz. I never once even hinted that I have any of the answers for anyone, I have however said maybe if people do a little research they may find what they are looking for. Since when do I have the answers of the ramayana or the bible for that matter. I would need a special kind of arrogance to think I could know all there is to about various scriptures, I have vaguely looked at them, and remember vimana references in many scriptures from various religions from ancient times. I can only suggest people look into it and google it if they dont have books around the house, as there is some interesting information out there online if any are truly interested.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Okay, that's sorted out, then. No more questions.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
And so The Wheel of ATS (tm) continues to turn.

Om Shanti Shanti Shanti.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Okay, that's sorted out, then. No more questions.

He owes me ten minutes of his Time that is how long I wasted going through this entire thread waiting for him to cite a useful link...

BTW, I don't consider a useful link to be one to a poorly produced tv program that is classified by the company who promotes it as "entertainment" so they can avoid potential legal issues about portraying things factually.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Ancient aircraft:

Roger Ramjet and squad of jets:

More modern aircraft:

edit on 4-1-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Picture 1 and 3 have both been discussed at length here a number of times.

Picture 1 has been doctored to not show damage to the stonework, and make stuff look like helicopters etc.

Picture 3 has had decoration on at least the leading edges of the "wings" removed to make it look more like an aircraft, and it is worth noting that the rest of the finds that go with it are also highly stylised, decorated insect shapes etc and provide valuable context.

Picture 2 is from Cartoon Network. I like Cartoon Network but get info on history and mythology from elsewhere.

If it was on topic (ie: Indian subcontinent) i'd take the time to find links and evidence it, but it aint... plus like i said, already done to death on ATS.

Do a search on them or start a new thread perhaps?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Okay...

I'm betting on "not."

Harte

Im not quoting the Ramayana or the bible or anything,

Of course not, since there's nothing in either version to support what you claim you read in it.

Harte

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
Ancient aircraft:

Ancient Armcraft:

Harte

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Vimana as a real world item are just silly, and it seems Indian Academics have rubbished the Vymanika Shastra - Here is their critical study

ETA: your link is (now?) dead btw

The US Army used a similar thing as a way to convince research scientists with top secret clearances to believe that gravity propulsion had been figured out by Russia, and that got them to make some breakthroughs in the real science.

If someone believes it is real or can happen, as opposed to thinking it is just silly and so never even try, where would progress be better suited to have a chance at success?

This doesn't mean the vimana thing is real, it just shows that positive consideration is greater than just rubbishing everything that sounds impossible or even difficult.

Of course this kind of thing like the Vimana is going to embarrass mainstream scientists, especially agenda driven NASA ones.
edit on 4-1-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Betraying science and our children? By entertaining an idea?

No, by presenting ideas as science when they are not.

Entertain the idea. Test it. Research it, present the evidence. That is science.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Found this interesting clip from ancient aliens the TV show on youtube. Interesting to say the least. Note I am not saying these are true or false, believable or not, just posting a vid I just came across online.

It suprises me that many dont put forth just a little effort, if anyone wanted, key word is wanted, could easily find some information on vimanas, and most act as if they are incapable of doing any research whatsoever and sharing for discussion. Then ask others to site sources and more information for them because they dont want to do any research or legwork, or fingerwork since its online.

The Vaimānika Shāstra वैमानिक शास्त्र ("Science of Aeronautics"; also Vimanika, Vymanika) is an early 20th century Sanskrit text on aeronautics, claimed to be obtained by mental channeling, about construction of vimānas, the "chariots of the Gods", self-moving aerial cars mentioned in the Sanskrit epics.
The existence of the text was revealed in 1952 by G. R. Josyer, according to whom it is due to one Pandit Subbaraya Shastry, who dictated it in 1918-1923. A Hindi translation was published in 1959, the Sanskrit text with an English translation in 1973. It has 3000 shlokas in 8 chapters and was attributed by Shastry to Maharishi Bharadvaja, which makes it of purportedly "ancient" origin, and hence it has a certain notability in ancient astronaut theories.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Great, channel and build one. Until then it's not even pseudo-science, it's pure garbage.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join