It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Official Tweet Takes Credit for 50's and 60's UFO Sightings

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

originally posted by: charlyv
This is exactly the kind of information you would expect to see come out, right before the real deal makes a cameo appearance.

Call it anything you want... Getting your Ducks in a Row, plausible deniability, convenience alibi's, custom fabricated stories that can be fitted to many situations, and I am sure some technical jealousy...

Something is going down, and they must think we are all still stupid.

Given all the local MSM reports these days, the Vatican and the Pope making statements, NASA having conferences on ET life, the preponderance of Youtube videos - many of which remained unexplained - you're right, it does feel like disclosure or some similar event is at hand or nearing closer.

NASA has had conferences on ET life for well over 15 years. In the last 5 years there have been at least 2 or 3 sessions in the US Congress about it. It's just that today more people are paying attention to them due to them being on Youtube and things like the planets Kepler is finding and the fact that we're going to soon have access to some massive telescopes on the ground and the James Webb Space Telescope which will be capable of, if we're lucky, sniffing out the markers of life in the atmosphere of a world surrounding a nearby star.

The Vatican Observatory co-hosts a big academic conference on the search for life beyond our solar system and the writing is on the wall, we're probably not the only life in the Galaxy which is also why the Pope has made such statements. It's to keep people who are Catholics from thinking their church is backward.

We're at a new era of discovery. If we find aliens it will be a discovery not "disclosure".
edit on 4-1-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

originally posted by: charlyv
This is exactly the kind of information you would expect to see come out, right before the real deal makes a cameo appearance.

Call it anything you want... Getting your Ducks in a Row, plausible deniability, convenience alibi's, custom fabricated stories that can be fitted to many situations, and I am sure some technical jealousy...

Something is going down, and they must think we are all still stupid.

Given all the local MSM reports these days, the Vatican and the Pope making statements, NASA having conferences on ET life, the preponderance of Youtube videos - many of which remained unexplained - you're right, it does feel like disclosure or some similar event is at hand or nearing closer.

NASA has had conferences on ET life for well over 15 years. In the last 5 years there have been at least 2 or 3 sessions in the US Congress about it. It's just that today more people are paying attention to them due to them being on Youtube and things like the planets Kepler is finding and the fact that we're going to soon have access to some massive telescopes on the ground and the James Webb Space Telescope which will be capable of, if we're lucky, sniffing out the markers of life in the atmosphere of a world surrounding a nearby star.

The Vatican Observatory co-hosts a big academic conference on the search for life beyond our solar system and the writing is on the wall, we're probably not the only life in the Galaxy which is also why the Pope has made such statements. It's to keep people who are Catholics from thinking their church is backward.

We're at a new era of discovery. If we find aliens it will be a discovery not "disclosure".

That is just your opinion, of course which you are entitled.

So, have the popes been making statements about baptizing ET's and the like for years, or is that rather new?

And all the local MSM reports and videos, don't believe that was happening 15 or 20 years ago at the rate it is today.

Here are a few examples, sure some have other explanations, some may be fakes; but some are unexplained.

Link

Jeez, no one has even been able to debunk the Skinny Bob video, there have been accusations of CGI, but no one yet has been able to accurately duplicate it.

And yes, SETI is for the gullible sheeple, and the best psy-op of the last century, possibly the best ever.

So yes, it will be disclosure, not discovery, that is my opinion, and like I also stated, it is also my opinion those who were knowingly part of the cover-up should carefully consider the possible consequences of having been caught lying to mankind about the most important event in all of history.

edit on 4-1-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: correction

edit on 4-1-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This is just silly.

So obviously probably some of or all of what has been witnessed can be explained as military, but certainly not all. Most of the unusual objects that are seen have light arrangements that are impossible or illegal, and maneuvers that defy the laws of physics.

I saw a UFO in 1998 that was very plainly not a conventional aircraft. Some of you have already brought up the abduction phenomena as well, again showing why this is a rediculous and nonsensical statement.

So why would they say this? What would be the point? Why now? Maybe it's because many countries are coming out and providing an open study and discussiion of the phenomena? Maybe it's in order to target and experiement on those that research publicly and privately? Seems what they would want is the very conversation we are having here. But, again, why?

Have your read or seen Mirage Men? Fantastic little bit of research there, seeming to imply that, regardless of the reality of the phenomena (which has been observed for all of recorded history), various intelligence agencies are using the UFO believing public for a kind of psi-op testing ground. They are trying to manipulate and examine the waxing and waning of public opinion. The comment as stated is designed to produce a backlash.

There are many better conversations we can all have. We should learn that statements such as these are not cannot be examined, proven, reviewed or known as truth. It's just words with no reference, data, facts, or evidence.

And to those that speak about how since there has never been any proof found to suggest the existence of the phenomena, that is plainly false. The phenemona absolutely exists, only the cause and motive force has yet to be known. As to why there has been no evidence of the cause, I say only this: If the motive force behind the cause is more intelligent, more dedicated to, and specially designed to be hidden, then there you go. It isn't as hard to keep a secret as our culture would have us believe.

So look to the skies and ignore the intelligence agencies, they do not have our best interests at heart. This is the same organization that brought you MK-ULTRA and the Torture Report. They do not recognize your individuality, identity, citizenry, or right to freedom and liberty. Boo on them.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

What's amazing is that movie film of an extraterrestrial in the studio in say 1949 looks as fuzzy, out of focus, with obviously awful optics and film processing as if it were from 1911. What's up with that?

If you are filming something scientifically astounding like a live ET in front of you, couldn't you do a little bit better? When Neil Armstrong landed on the moon, he took photos with Hasselblad's, not Brownie snapshooters.

Gone with the Wind (1939) was in full Technicolor and edge-to-edge sharp.

(Of course, color and high resolution would make the makeup or puppetry so much more obvious)

edit on 5-1-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

it must be legit - you can hear the old timey projector going round....or is it a tractor?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

What's amazing is that movie film of an extraterrestrial in the studio in say 1949 looks as fuzzy, out of focus, with obviously awful optics and film processing as if it were from 1911. What's up with that?

If you are filming something scientifically astounding like a live ET in front of you, couldn't you do a little bit better? When Neil Armstrong landed on the moon, he took photos with Hasselblad's, not Brownie snapshooters.

Gone with the Wind (1939) was in full Technicolor and edge-to-edge sharp.

(Of course, color and high resolution would make the makeup or puppetry so much more obvious)

This is interesting and Convincing ! tho.. Not Sure Where this is tho... The Uniformed Soldiers are Accurate ... and ( Yes ) Home Use Film Cameras were This bad back in the 1940s... For Sure and Depends on what Models and brands they were .. and The Guy using this is Pretty Much a Amateur as The Camera was Most Likely a Cheaply Model at the Time ... These Hand Held Film Cameras were pretty Much New at the Time .... but a Hurry up and Rush ! Routine and the Havoc it was Causing at the Roswell ( NUCLEAR BOMBER ) Base ! it Couldn't been very Much Professional Could it the Filming !

Roswell 1947 Military Alien Base Footage!
www.youtube.com...

Well Well... let get back to these Films !

The Mariana - Newhouse 1950s UFO Films
www.youtube.com...

1950 montana & 1952 Utah UFO Film (Extended Analysis)
www.youtube.com...

SO .... CIA !!! Were these Yours Too Just a Wondering !

and Why Make this Film the Then ! for your Cronies Officials and Elites!

As this wasn't Originally for the Public ! ( Yes ATS its legit and Confirmed that it wasn't intended for the Public EYE ORIGINALLY )

So the Two Guys Nicolas Mariana & Warrant Officer D.C. Newhouse that Filmed these Separate Shots ... One Civilian and One Military You Could of Shut them UP ! Confiscate their Film or just Plain Silence Them .. Right ..

And WHY Bother with the Robertson Panel ! that was Conjured Up for these exact Films

Robertson Panel
en.wikipedia.org...

SO Was these Objects in the Sky back in 1950 and 1952 yours Two ?

We all know Your Group were involved with Movie The Day the Earth Stood Still..

and if So !! SHAME on You Scaring the # Out of President Truman! in Washington D.C. in 1952 !

Just Wondering if you gotten better at the the Anti Gravity Drive Yet as you had a Problem with certain Frequency's..
... in Certain Places ....

(ATS) MSG . ME CIA ...
edit on 12015MondayfAmerica/Chicago14 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I'm sorry, but "CIA Official Tweet"?

Slackers.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Hello.
I must say, that i am still gonna believe that we're not alone in the universe,
Also i must say that this post realy got into My mind!
I never doubted human kind of it's intelligente And cravings for going further, but i didn't expect us to come this far already?
We are getting closer to our goals, if we direct our energy And money for the Real future, And not war, starving And obesity.

Thank You for this post, And making My mind clearer around this subjekt

There are worse things being hidden under our nose than UFO's people,
Money disapearing, And so..

I know that the UFO subjekt is sexy And exciting, i think so to "imma sheepol"... But i rather concern about where our world "leaders" are taking us, we're getting brainwashed And given cancer so that we Get a feeling that THIS is life, sh@it happens, life goes on... Sorry for going a little off topic And mabe non-sence.

Peace

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
a reply to: karl 12

Happy New Year Karl.

Yes my point was that the CIA are putting out information, which of course, isn't really much information at all. They are hoping people will look at the headline or the tweet and ignore the rest of it.

All the best mate and I suppose that´s a pretty good tactic these days considering most people´s lack of time for research (or attention spans
) -as you know there are quite a few internal government documents which show they took the UFO subject extremely seriously and below is one sent to the Director of Central Intelligence by the Assistant Director Scientific Intelligence (just one year before their inception of the Robertson panel) which talks about UFOs and how they're convinced that there's something going on which needs immediate attention.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/466525845690.jpg[/atsimg]

"At this time the reports of incidents convince us that there is something going on that must have immediate attention. The details of some of these incidents have been discussed by AD/SI (SI: Scientific Intelligence) with DDCI. Sightings of unexplained objects at great altitudes and travelling at high speeds in the vicinity of major U.S. defense installations are of such nature that they are not attributable to natural phenomenon or known types of aerial vehicles."

Link

originally posted by: mirageman

And of course many of us are aware of the various toxic streams injected by the intel boys into the UFO lore in the years that followed.

Yes mate, seems certain folks do complain about having lots of crap to wade through when it comes to UFO research but it really doesn´t help when specific government agencies are muddying the waters on purpose -the late Terry Hansen really did conduct some great research into the CIA's role in the UFO subject and below he explains how the CIA sponsered Robertson Panel managed the 'public perception' of the UFO subject and concluded that it was 'in the best interest of the U.S. Government to suppress media coverage of UFO sightings' -he also makes some revealing comments about the use of ridicule and precision propaganda techniques so the subject would be portrayed in a negative light thereby making people reluctant to report their experiences - not very inspiring stuff when it comes to objective research.

Think it's fair to say there are some very good reasons to be extremely dubious about the conclusions of the CIA sponsered Robertson panel (and most things the CIA say about the UFO subject in general) but below are some statements from former CIA Directors about the topic which don't exactly jibe with their official line - know you´ve seen them already but maybe the first one sums it up the best.

“Behind the scenes, high-ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe that unknown flying objects are nonsense.”
Former CIA Director, Roscoe Hillenkoetter, public statement, 1960.

"Maximum security exists concerning the subject of UFOs."
CIA Director, Allen Dulles, 1955.

"The Central Intelligence Agency has reviewed the current situation concerning unidentified flying objects which have created extensive speculation in the press and have been the subject of concern to Government organizations... Since 1947, approximately 2,000 official reports of sightings have been received and of these, about 20% are as yet unexplained."
"It is my view that this situation has possible implications for our national security which transcend the interests of a single service. A broader, coordinated effort should be initiated to develop a firm scientific understanding of the several phenomena which apparently are involved in these reports..." (1952 memorandum to the National Security Council.)
General Walter Bedell Smith, Director of the CIA from 1950-53

a reply to: Springer

All the best my friend and good to be here
-always found this subject a fascinating one and looks like the CIA really are the go to boys when it comes to disinfo and bullsh*tting the general public, quite a few of the links are now defunct (and know you will also have seen them already) but below are two relevant articles which go into more detail about CIA psy-ops and officially sanctioned UFO 'debunking' and deception programmes.

There's also a good pdf document here which mentions how their 'debunking aim' could be accomplished by using mass media such as television, motion pictures and popular articles whilst being advised by experts in mass psychology -looks like they did a pretty good job as these days most people equate the acronym UFO with the word nutjob.

Psy-Ops:

There are many reasons why your average professional scientist shuns away from studying UFO evidence or publicly admitting having an interest in the UFO subject. The primary reason is the implied threat to one's carreer, either directly via officialdom retributions or indirectly through the carefully cultivated public perception that the UFO subject is scientifically unrespectable. The latter was achieved by the psy-ops of the US Intelligence Establishment i.e. the officially sanctioned "debunking" and deception programme, euphemistically called "re-education of the public".

The anti-UFO propaganda has been waged upon the general populous since the 1950s, as outlined e.g. in declassified report of the Robertson Panel (commissioned by the CIA in Jan-1953)..

link

Bury the subject:

The Robertson Panel, as it came to be known, was hampered by men of Page's mindset and thrown off by the highly selective presentation of UFO cases by the CIA, charged one of the attending Air Force officers. "We were double-crossed," commented a Blue Book member. "The CIA (didn't) want to prepare the public - they're trying to bury the subject. Those agents ran the whole show and the scientists followed their lead. They threw out the Utah [Newhouse] film - said the Navy analysts were incompetent. We had over a hundred of the strongest verified reports. The agents bypassed the best ones. The scientists saw just 15 cases and the CIA men tried to pick holes in them."

link

Cheers.

edit on 10-1-2015 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Tell us all about it CIA dudes its about time LOLZ.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
From what I know, CIA creates everything including rumors.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Sorry but I just can't buy this tweet. lol!

From the late 1940s through the 1960s, various intelligence agencies were scratching their heads as to the origins of these crafts. The extraterrestrial hypothesis was as plausible then as it is now. Consider these quotes and who they're from:

Memorandum for Director of Central Intelligence. Subject: Unidentified Flying Objects. Date: 2 December 1952:

At this time, the reports of incidents convince us that there is something going on which must have immediate attention. Sightings of unexplained objects at great altitudes and traveling at high speeds in the vicinity of major US defense installations are of such nature that they are not attributable to natural phenomena or known types of aerial vehicles.

Former head of CIA, Roscoe Hillenkoetter, 1960:

Behind the scenes, high ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe the unknown flying objects are nonsense.

1954,Professor Herman Oberth, NASA Space Scientist, one of the founding fathers of rocketry and aeronautics:

Today we cannot produce machines that fly the same as UFOs do. They are flying by means of artificial fields of gravity. We cannot take credit for our record advancement in certain scientific fields alone, we have been helped by people from other worlds.

Swedish Air Force Intelligence Service,
From a (Top Secret) classified report in November of 1948:

Some reliable and fully technically qualified people have reached the conclusion that,
'these phenomena are obviously the result of a high technical skill which cannot be credited to any presently known culture on Earth.'
They are therefore assuming that these objects originate from some previously unknown or unidentified technology, possibly outside the Earth.

We also have these quotes as well:

Former Sen. Mike Gravel (D-Alaska)

An extraterrestrial influence is investigating our planet. Something is monitoring the planet and they are monitoring it very cautiously.

Lord Admiral Hill-Norton, Former Chief of Defence Staff,
5 Star Admiral of the Royal Navy, Chairman of the NATO Military Committee:

There is a serious possibility that we are being visited and have been visited for many years by people from outer space, by other civilizations. Who they are, where they are from, and what they want should be the subject of rigorous scientific investigation and not be the subject of 'rubishing' by tabloid newspapers.

All quotes and sources can be found here.

The first 4 quotes especially, seriously contradict these current C.I.A. claims.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Oh the truth hurts so bad, we cant tell the truth it would be too. . . . too. . . . well truthful!

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Herolotus
This is just silly.

So obviously probably some of or all of what has been witnessed can be explained as military, but certainly not all. Most of the unusual objects that are seen have light arrangements that are impossible or illegal, and maneuvers that defy the laws of physics.

I saw a UFO in 1998 that was very plainly not a conventional aircraft. Some of you have already brought up the abduction phenomena as well, again showing why this is a rediculous and nonsensical statement.

So why would they say this? What would be the point? Why now? Maybe it's because many countries are coming out and providing an open study and discussiion of the phenomena? Maybe it's in order to target and experiement on those that research publicly and privately? Seems what they would want is the very conversation we are having here. But, again, why?

Have your read or seen Mirage Men? Fantastic little bit of research there, seeming to imply that, regardless of the reality of the phenomena (which has been observed for all of recorded history), various intelligence agencies are using the UFO believing public for a kind of psi-op testing ground. They are trying to manipulate and examine the waxing and waning of public opinion. The comment as stated is designed to produce a backlash.

There are many better conversations we can all have. We should learn that statements such as these are not cannot be examined, proven, reviewed or known as truth. It's just words with no reference, data, facts, or evidence.

And to those that speak about how since there has never been any proof found to suggest the existence of the phenomena, that is plainly false. The phenemona absolutely exists, only the cause and motive force has yet to be known. As to why there has been no evidence of the cause, I say only this: If the motive force behind the cause is more intelligent, more dedicated to, and specially designed to be hidden, then there you go. It isn't as hard to keep a secret as our culture would have us believe.

So look to the skies and ignore the intelligence agencies, they do not have our best interests at heart. This is the same organization that brought you MK-ULTRA and the Torture Report. They do not recognize your individuality, identity, citizenry, or right to freedom and liberty. Boo on them.

Fantastic post! Wasted on most in here, I'm afraid, but welcomed by those who know what your saying is true.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Indeed Jim, I'll bet that people are all just seeing things from the limits of their vision, and filling in the details from their imaginations, and from their fears. Right?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

This accidental camouflage is worldwide..

Quite surprised you swallowed this one Jim - here's a relevant article from Space.com quoting your fellow UFO cynic Robert Sheaffer.

The CIA tweet has sparked its own UFO flap: Several analysts dispute the CIA assertion that U-2 flights really caused upward of half of UFO sightings.

"One thing this CIA UFO claim has accomplished: It has united UFO skeptics and proponents in proclaiming it untrue," Robert Sheaffer, author and well-known UFO cynic, wrote in a blog post last week. "We might agree on little else, except that this claim is nonsense."

Sheaffer explains that the Project Blue Book files are now public records, allowing anyone to verify when and where sightings were reported.

"The bottom line is: There is absolutely no correlation between the times and places of UFO reports and U-2 flights," he wrote.

A similar view about the CIA assertion is held by UFO photo analyst Bruce Maccabee, who analyzed the data and concluded that the CIA's explanation is "preposterous."

The statistics "do not bear out the claim that there was a large increase in sightings by any segment of the population, pilots and air traffic controllers included, once the U-2 aircraft started flying," Maccabee wrote in a recent blog post.

Sheaffer also argues that the CIA's claim that the U-2 flights led to the creation of Project Blue Book does not hold water, "because Blue Book predates the U-2 flights by several years. Other Air Force projects to investigate 'flying saucer' sightings were created several years earlier still."

link

Also some interesting comments from the Anomalist and Billy Cox.

Earlier this week, the CIA announced "Sixties UFOs? J/K, it was us. LOL!" Adding insult to injury, Steve Inskeep at NPR Joins The Comics, unironically taking the CIA's report at face value, something which pseudoskeptics accuse woo-peddlers of doing, rather than engaging in hard hitting journalism..

link

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The CiA allegation of responsibility is ridiculous, why? Anyone who has enough interest in Ufo to of read many witness recounts will know people generally describe seeing disc shaped craft which emit intense lights. The CiA tweet sounds like another diversion story, about as convincing as the crash test dummies at Roswell. I wonder why they bother putting these stories out, I cant believe that they believe it will be believed so what other motive could they have for doing this?, Jealousy perhaps..someone or something is flying around up there and running rings around the best stuff we have up there.
edit on 15-1-2015 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   
So the CIA has had the UFOs the whole time aye. . .

So why all the posterior probing then lolz. . . . .

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

The phenemona absolutely exists, only the cause and motive force has yet to be known. As to why there has been no evidence of the cause, I say only this: If the motive force behind the cause is more intelligent, more dedicated to, and specially designed to be hidden, then there you go. It isn't as hard to keep a secret as our culture would have us believe.

Nice quote here, I think there may be contact from other planets or even other dimentions. . . . .

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Technology timelines.

1930's
1940's
1950's

edit on 21-1-2015 by sean because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join