It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Official Tweet Takes Credit for 50's and 60's UFO Sightings

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE
a reply to: FlyersFan

With all the revelations and sightings on the internet over the past five years or so, they are getting desperate, and even though many have been proven as hoaxes or other explanations, many remain unexplained,

And because they are unexplained they must be aliens?!?!

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

we know who you work for!
Your post is Only to stop, Free speech posts.
if people believe in aliens
dont Just post to stop them posting!

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I get the feeling that we are going to see a lot of UFOs.
um! US spy ufos?!
so I guess all the circle ones are russian?

so we are going to get nothing but
"SEE! they are Not UFO's they are Just US test plains".

just another trick to fool the rest of you.
WHY are they trying so hard?
Why tell us this at all?
dont they have any New Secret plains
they want us to think are UFO's???

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

we know who you work for!
Your post is Only to stop, Free speech posts.
if people believe in aliens
dont Just post to stop them posting!

How do you think IShotMyLastMuse's post would, in any way, stop another ATS member from posting if they believe in aliens.

Oh and who is it you think our European friend works for?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

I get the feeling that we are going to see a lot of UFOs. um! US spy ufos?!

so we are going to get nothing but "SEE! they are
Not UFO's they are Just US test plains".

Why tell us this at all?

The USA has a large number of plains, none of which have been mistaken for UFOs that I know of.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

The shape is a close match, but that's about it.

What about size, altitude, angle and location?

The size of the UFO is too large to be a lightcraft, the ones shown in the videos fit in a persons hand.

The altitude of the UFO is too high, the highest record of the lightcraft is 233 feet.

The UFO appears to be traveling at an angle, whereas the lightcraft travels straight up and back down.

The UFO was photographed over Rio Grande do Sul but Myrabo works with the Brazilian Air Force at the Institute for Advanced Studies in São José dos Campos.

And lastly, this is just my opinion, the UFO photo comes from a known hoaxer, Stephen Hannard and his Alien Disclosure website. It states "An amateur photographer caught a remarkable UFO while testing his new camera in the skies above Brazil." So this guy just bought a new camera and happens to catch a UFO? Lucky guy! I think the photo is a fake.

edit on 1 1 2015 by CosmicRay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

originally posted by: Erno86
a reply to: JadeStar

Or we can put the shoe on the other foot: Saying...for people who don't believe ET entities or robots have ever visited our planet in starships: "May have an attachment to an imagined outcome can be so strong, we consider it to be 'reality.' When the actual outcome is different from our imagined one, we become angry and stressed. It would be wiser to accept the change and deal with things as they are. This can be difficult to do, because we invest a lot of ourselves in these attachments."

The problem with your reasoning is that it ignores Occam's Razor.

Wow, this old nugget of supposed wisdom? What happened, jade, did you finish the 'Big Book of Cliches to Deny UFOs'
and started again on page one?

Occam, or Ockham's Razor, is medieval science in all its 13th century glory. It was used by Ockham himself mainly to determine matters of God's omnipotence, the divine nature of angels, you know, hard science.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
a reply to: buddha

I get the feeling that we are going to see a lot of UFOs. um! US spy ufos?!

so we are going to get nothing but "SEE! they are
Not UFO's they are Just US test plains".

Why tell us this at all?

The USA has a large number of plains, none of which have been mistaken for UFOs that I know of.

Love this post. Plain and simple!

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Hahaha the powers that be are starting to come clean!

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

No, sadly their not.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

a reply to: FlyersFan

With all the revelations and sightings on the internet over the past five years or so, they are getting desperate, and even though many have been proven as hoaxes or other explanations, many remain unexplained,

And because they are unexplained they must be aliens?!?!

Um, did I say that? Of course the corollary to this is equally ridiculous, no one can explain some sightings and yet of course they are not aliens?

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I don't know what your picture proves. Interesting shape, yes. However, have I ever seen pictures or videos of claimed UFO's with wings? NO.

Guess what it looks like when it is facing you or flying perpendicular to you:

Here's a photo of it taken at the Museum of Flight here in Seattle:

And the Navy's X-47 looks like a "UFO" in flight as well:

Interesting point, but most people are not flying beside a UFO when seeing one or taking a picture of one, usually they are thousands of feet below on the ground, and would not view it from the side-on perspective.

So, as I mentioned before, it would be tough (but not impossible) to misidentify anything with wings as a UFO, the majority of people would see the wings and think, oh, some kind of prototype/experimental etc.

The only people who would see them side on would be pilots, who do account for many sightings.

However genius, many pilots who report UFO's also report them shooting away at tremendous speeds, like Mach 10 or faster, and as far as I know there is no aircraft in the world that can travel in the lower atmosphere at those speeds, or at least accelerate to that speed from a much lower speed instantaneously. And if human such human tech existed, it would have to be ultra secret, and showing it off to the public would be inherently contradictory.

edit on 2-1-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

My interpretation of that is that just over a half of the UFO reports from pilots and ground base observers that were filed in writing with Air Force Investigators (Blue Book) were supposedly matched with U2 & OXCART flights through the late 1950s into the majority of the 1960s.

Hola MM (and a happy new year!) - haven´t had much time to post recently but do find it interesting that the CIA are parading out this old chestnut again -here´s a relevant post in reply to MBKennel about the veracity of the claims.

Originally posted by mbkennel

That actually makes sense because many of the UFO reports were of CORONA, U-2 and A-12 and other aerial reconaissance projects run by CIA.

I'm assuming your basing your opinion on the claim made by Gerald K. Haines in 1997 - have you ever checked its veracity?

1997--The CIA and Spy Planes

In a report published at about the same time as the Air Force's "crash dummy" revelation, the Central Intelligence Agency tried to write off thousands of UFO reports as mistaken observations of secret spy planes. It ended up writing fiction.

The first demonstrably incorrect statement was that there had been a major increase in UFO reports immediately following the first test flight of the prototype U-2 spy plane in August 1955. A simple count of cases in the files of Project Blue Book (which the CIA admits it used) shows that there had actually been a major decrease.

Then the CIA claimed that half of almost 9,000 UFO sightings made between mid-1955 and late1969 had been mistaken observations of U-2 and later SR-71 spy planes. Since those airplanes cruise too high to be seen from the ground (at more than 70,000 feet), this could not be the case. Moreover, one of the hallmarks of UFO descriptions in that period was their spectacular maneuvers, including right-angle turns at high speed. Both the U-2 and the SR-71 are among the least maneuverable airplanes used by the U.S. military.

Thirdly, the CIA claimed it had conspired with the staff of the Air Force's Project Blue Book to conceal the alleged sightings of spy planes by having them falsely labeled as obscure types of atmospheric phenomena. Had this been the case, several thousand UFO reports for 1955 - 1969 in the permanent files of Project Blue Book would be blamed on ice crystals, temperature inversions, and so on. But the actual total is barely three dozen.

Why the CIA would invent such an easily disproved story is unknown

link

The phrase 'demonstrably incorrect' is used in the article from the Coalition for Freedom of Information website so I guess all it's a matter of doing is checking if there actually was an increase or decrease in reports after August 1955; if hallmarks of UFO reports from that era actually did involve highly unusual flight characteristics; if the CIA actually did conspire with Project Blue Book to mislabel alleged U2 sightings as 'obscure types of atmospheric phenomena' and if the total number of these alleged Bluebook reports is only actually three dozen.

Below is another relevant article which also bring up the points that the spy plane flights were too few in number to account for all the alleged UFO reports; that the flights were carried out in areas far from public view and that the U-2 and A-12 flew at very high altitudes and were difficult to detect with the naked eye - there's also an interesting snippet concerning the then Project Bluebook Chief Robert Friend:

In 1997, Haines claimed that the CIA used UFO reports as cover for spy planes such as the U-2, and that the Air Force knowingly went along with this deception. Always ready to accept CIA material, the `New York Times' ingested the story - hook, line, and sinker. And thus another bogus claim became historical fact.

There are many problems with the claim. First, the CIA is never a credible source about its own history. After all, it is in business to deceive. Second, spy plane flights were too few in number to account for many UFO reports and they were carried out in areas far from public view. Third, the black U-2 and A-12 "Oxcart" flew at very high altitudes and were difficult to detect both visually and (in the case of the A-12) on radar. Fourth, UFO reports of the era bear little if any resemblance to the flight characteristics of high-altitude spy planes.

But most fatally, Lt. Col. (Ret.) Robert Friend, head of the Air Force's Project Blue Book from 1958 to 1963, later said there is absolutely no truth to the CIA's claims. Not only was Haines wrong about an agreement between the CIA and Air Force but Friend said he never received a single UFO report that he thought could be attributed to a spy plane.

link

originally posted by: skyblueworld

Never been interested in the 95%, it's always been about the unknowns anyway...

Hi mate and think you make a very important point there - it´s also been shown that the ´official´ unknown report percentages were quite a bit bigger than that.

Official UFO Unexplained Report Percentages.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Interesting!

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Hi There Springer ...

yeah True from what you have said...

as Now the CIA is saying THEY DID IT! WE ARE THE ONES ETC

OK i get it ... Cold War in All...

What about those Foo Fighters Reports of Pilots Back in World War Two .. Seeing Metallic Spherical & Cylinder Objects that Seem to illuminate and Hover or ground Circles of a Bomber or a P51 Fighter (Fastest Piston Fighter Plane at the Time) like they were Standing Still... This is the Early to Mid 40s... Then What about those... Say.. Cylinder to Ballistic Shape Space Craft.. those Same Type of Spheres in Pulp Fiction Magazines from the 1920s to 1930s and the Mid 1940s as there is a Whole Mess Load of them in Amazing Stories and Other Pulp Scifi Mags Like it !!

But then You Have to think about the Early Science Fiction Pulp Magazines... They The Writers.. and illustrators
Were for the Most Part ... Actually Engineers & Had Some Degree or some hand in it.. Some were Even involved with the Government..

So its Either The Artist or The Writers has Seen or Were Told about These Alien beings & Objects Flying round from Space to Earth a Time Were No Man Made Objects were in Space No Man Been in Space yet it Pretty Close to Accurate of the illustrations or Just want to Make good Stories and see the Reaction of the Public ... and See how far their Ideas Would Bring Out ... and having Their Machines Being Built and Tested behind the Scenes at the Same time Cushioning the Blow Though Pulp.. Fiction.. Its in Either hand How you Look at it..

Here is some Concepts Ideas From Those Pulp Covers ( Just a Few of Many )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1920s

(My Favorite) 1929

Drum Roll!! A UFO in 1912!! ? a Flying Saucer ( Bell )

Modern Electronics 1912

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
There will never be disclosure, aliens could land in the Superbowl final live to air broadcast make contact, tell humanity they have been here for a while and still there would be total denial by the govt. People should stop wasting their time calling for it.

Most sighting were our craft , but I find the CIA tweeting this really bizarre and should lead people to investigate further where before they may not have cared so much about it.

What a bunch of arrogant little twats tweeting that.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CirqueDeTruth
Well then I want to know...

What the hell is the CIA doing all over South America? The new UFO hotspots. Huh?

CdT

If you ever go to Mexico, on the drive in to Cancun airport on the left hand side of the freeway (describing from memory based on my last trip a few years ago so go easy on me if it's moved) you will see a huge poster for a company that makes large helium balloons. Why am I mentioning this? Because one of the balloons on the poster has appeared in 3 'ufo' videos to my knowledge, and I'm sure there are more. South America don't need to CIA to provide ufo's, they just need enough helium.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

Great thread if you are up to it.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This is exactly the kind of information you would expect to see come out, right before the real deal makes a cameo appearance.

Call it anything you want... Getting your Ducks in a Row, plausible deniability, convenience alibi's, custom fabricated stories that can be fitted to many situations, and I am sure some technical jealousy...

Something is going down, and they must think we are all still stupid.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: Wolfenz

Great thread if you are up to it.

I Kinda did in this Thread but mostly it was about what I found in a OLD Pulp Magazine

A Comparison of The Infamous So called Apollo 20 Mission Finding a Spacecraft on the Dark Side of the Moon..
and a Similarity of a Space Craft in a SCI-FI PULP Showing Close to the Same Space Craft..

So Obviously I Just had to Throw it out there of what I Found ...

But I still Think that So called Spacecraft is a Dull Number 2 Lead pencil in the Dirt with some Carving's on it with a Piece of Rectangle Shape on Top of it Lol.. but it begs the Question as to Why NASA to Many Photos of that So Called Object in Many Angles !... Which People Just Slip Bye...

The Thread Does Have Some Before the Pre WW2 Pulp Science Fiction Covers into it ... asking as to Why and Reason

Well Here is that Thread...

The Pulp Magazine is a ( January 1936 ) Amazing Stories Issue and the Story is Called Blue Magic and it Has Little Devilish Alien Men in it .. all Prepped... with Blasters and inside the Interior of the Ship and all

Alien Ship in Astounding Stories 1936 looks like Apollo 20 Alien Ship
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But I just Wanted to say that There were a Few Actual Deigns of Ships and Space Stations by Engineers back in the 30s and 40s that had Actual Blueprints and Explained How it Would of Worked ...

Like this one Example in a Science Wonder Stories August 1929
The Design is from Herman Potočnik

Herman Potočnik (pseudonym Hermann Noordung; December 22, 1892 – August 27, 1929) was a Slovene rocket engineer and pioneer of cosmonautics (astronautics) of Slovene ethnicity. He is chiefly remembered for his work addressing the long-term human habitation of space.

Herman Potočnik
en.wikipedia.org...

Rotating wheel space station
en.wikipedia.org...

Astounding Spaceship Designs From Before The Space Age
io9.com...

This Here is EYE Candy For ME

The Site is about Engineers Clashing with Science Fiction..

Atomic Rockets!
www.projectrho.com...
edit on 52015FridayfAmerica/Chicago11 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join