It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russians Have a Sense of Humor About All of This.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Don't act surprised folks. Par for the course these Days. I find the piece from MarketDailyNews (below) just as humorous.

In Russia, shopping malls are putting out American flag doormats for people to wipe their feet on, and there are stores that are selling toilet paper with the American flag imprinted on it. Read more: WHAT REALLY HAPPENED | The History The US Government HOPES You Never Learn! whatreallyhappened.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk... html

Russian business owners are using American flags as doormats as resentment over U.S. economic sanctions puts the squeeze on traders. Customers have been filmed wiping their feet on the fabled stars and stripes as they enter and exit stores across Moscow, as struggling retailers take a hopeless swipe at their Cold War adversaries.

"Take a Swipe"...

www.vesti.ru...

Found this obvious piece of garbage as well. Americans have NO ANIMOSITY towards Russia? That in itself is enough to make a Russian spew his Vodka.

marketdailynews.com...

Surveys show that Russian attitudes toward the U.S. are now even worse than they were during the end of the Cold War

But in the U.S., things are completely different. Most Americans feel absolutely no animosity toward Russians or their government.

And then this:

"So most Americans have a really hard time grasping what is going on inside Russia right now. Even if they have heard about how much Russians hate us, they don’t really understand how this could be possible."

Well, Russians have a sense of humor about it all I guess.

Peace

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

so, do you suppose they could spare a square of that TP?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Well isn't that special. Of course I have animosity all over the forums,not only here,but on face book and everywhere else I go.And IF it was true that Americans just are clueless about why Russias aren't happy with us,then the idiots haven't been reading the news anywhere. Nothing to see here, move along.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Classic.

The consumer base for the toilet roll must be massive.

Brown Stars & Wipes

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Classic.

The consumer base for the toilet roll must be massive.

Brown Stars & Wipes

That's just nasty...

Peace

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

74 rubles for a roll of american flag wipe..... wow.... taking a good shot at the US paying that many rubles for a roll of ass wipe.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I never understood why treating a banner badly would offend others/ land you a fine/ in jail. But if you rape the land it is supposed to represent, you are usually high fived and made rich, by the people who respect the said banner.

edit on thppmTue, 30 Dec 2014 19:19:57 -0600k1412America/Chicago3019 by Sparkymedic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I wonder what debate is as to over vs under......

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Well, I don't blame the Russian citizens for hating the US. I just wish they knew it was not half of the ordinary people who caused the sanctions imposed on the people of Russia. It was a conglomerate of governments, of which the US is one of.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
all in fun off course however could you imagine what would happen if some genius
decided to market product like that with a depiction of the prophet Mohammed on it!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ShayneJUK

Maybe the koran????

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
What is genius about all this rightly or wrongly (depends on what side of the grand stand you are on I suppose) is how the anger has been directed away from the Russian government (Putin) and instead directed towards the west... We need to hire their propaganda minister ! Naw second thought ours do a good job by themselves. The Russian tourist have fallen off around here dramatically... No money no holiday... Just the cold Russian winter to look forward to... That right there is enough to piss most people off if they know better !

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

edit on 30-12-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Sad... how long before they start burning the US flag?

The anti American rhetoric over there is reaching Nazi Germany proportions

Extremist much?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Can they afford toilet paper anymore?

Maybe they should blame Putin. The only one not to blame is the US, as Obama's actions have done nothing. It was Saudi Arabia who has destroyed the Russian economy.
edit on 31-12-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

The only one not to blame is the US, as Obama's actions have done nothing.

Sure...

Russian economy attacked through oil prices – Obama

Pushing down global oil prices was part of Washington’s rationale to destabilize the Russian economy, US President Barack Obama said in an interview to National Public Radio, a non-profit media organization.

Source

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

The only one not to blame is the US, as Obama's actions have done nothing.

Sure...

Russian economy attacked through oil prices – Obama

Pushing down global oil prices was part of Washington’s rationale to destabilize the Russian economy, US President Barack Obama said in an interview to National Public Radio, a non-profit media organization.

Source

And who is the one who altered the oil price? Saudi Arabia. thanks for proving my point.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Considering the ruble is once again declining those American flag rolls of tp are actually worth more than the ruble.

When Russians get to the point of being unable to buy, well, anything they can always use the rubles to wipe their own asses.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

You proved your point US can`t be held accountable for anything.

It doesn`t matter what the US government does, it`s always someone else who`s responsible.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

You proved your point US can`t be held accountable for anything.

It doesn`t matter what the US government does, it`s always someone else who`s responsible.

Except that's not at all what I said. Not surprised that's what you would take away from it though, as your eyes are so full of hate every single thing you see and hear becomes twisted into some sort of anti-US rhetoric. The news could be about a fireman in Haiti saving a cat from a tree and somehow you will find a way to make the US a part of the story, and they are wrong for something.

As I said. Saudi Arabia is the one manipulating gas prices. You don't even deny it. you proved yourself wrong. Thanks.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join