It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Accidentally Shot Dead by Two-Year-Old Boy in Wal-Mart

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I've never understood why someone would carry a pistol loosely in a purse. It's just asking for something like this to happen. Also if you keep a gun in your purse, honestly how quickly can you access it? Seems to me it would make more sense to carry it holstered on yourself. The way I see some women leave their purses laying about I hope they aren't carrying.

This is a tragedy, that poor child is going to be guilt ridden for his entire life due to a piss poor decision his mom made.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: th2356

A war zone? Your words, not mine, although thousands of gun related deaths each year is a strong hint that something is not right in the US.

Please turn your sarcasm detector up.

And it often seems to me, when I read posts from gun lovers, that many of them actually think that they are in some kind of war since they have this overwhelming need for self defense. I see this word over and over again - "self defense". It must be terrible to live in constant fear. I feel truly sorry for these people.

Defense of life, liberty, and honestly gained property from assault and other forms of physical violation is the only legitimate use of force.

We live on planet Earth where humans reside. Some of those humans are selfish, evil, predatory people who seek out the weakness in others. Who don't value life at all.

It is not illegitimate to want to protect oneself from these types.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Mirdaerys

You should not be carrying a fire-arm to a supermarket period. I need to carry a gun when I go shopping to the supermarket because????? I live in a dangerous country where the over-armed police cannot protect me from villains so I have to be over-armed myself.

Get rid of guns.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Wow, really sad and as are some of these comments are shameful("natural selection", "idiot"), she paid with her life and her child's life changed forever, is that not enough?

RIP

The woman, Veronica J. Rutledge, lived in Blackfoot, Idaho, where she worked as a research scientist at the Idaho National Laboratory investigating the handling of nuclear fuel waste. She grew up in Harrison, Idaho as Veronica Hendricks, where she was the 2004 valedictorian of Kootenai High School.

Source

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: th2356
a reply to: intrepid

Handguns are not used for hunting. Unless you also call killing humans hunting.

And please don't do that - reading all the posts from the gun nuts has freaked me out enough as it is.

And please don't do that - reading all the posts from the gun nuts has freaked me out enough as it is.

Awwwwww, shhhhhhhhh, it's okay, not all of us "gun nuts" are bad. Just like not all black people are bad! But go take your meds so that you don't get freaked out! OK? Take your meds and things will be okay........

WTF?

Sorry, but your example of being freaked out is pathetic! Just wait until the SHTF!!! Then you can freak out!!!!

I think you need to calm down a bit. This is a forum debate, an exhange of opinions, not war.... There is absolutely no need to shout and scream, it only makes it difficult for me to take you seriously.

And I do not take or need meds, so please stop it with the personal attacks, OK?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ispyed
a reply to: Mirdaerys

You should not be carrying a fire-arm to a supermarket period. I need to carry a gun when I go shopping to the supermarket because????? I live in a dangerous country where the over-armed police cannot protect me from villains so I have to be over-armed myself.

Get rid of guns.

Actually people get mugged in the Wall Mart parking lot quite often and it would be a logical place for a woman to carry a gun. Like dollar general stores, Wall Mart seems to attract the dregs of society. Unlike you, however, I think a woman has a right to defend herself and her children and for every one like this negligent woman who misused her firearm, thousands go shopping every day, armed and get home safe and many of those stop a victimization before it occurs. I like women. I don't want them raped or robbed or assaulted and thus want them to have the freedom of choice to choose their means of self defense.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

please stop it with the personal attacks, OK?

Only if you do the same.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

a reply to: intrepid

Handguns are not used for hunting. Unless you also call killing humans hunting.

Awwwwww, shhhhhhhhh, it's okay, not all of us "gun nuts" are bad. Just like not all black people are bad! But go take your meds so that you don't get freaked out! OK? Take your meds and things will be okay........

WTF?

Sorry, but your example of being freaked out is pathetic! Just wait until the SHTF!!! Then you can freak out!!!!

I think you need to calm down a bit. This is a forum debate, an exhange of opinions, not war.... There is absolutely no need to shout and scream, it only makes it difficult for me to take you seriously.

And I do not take or need meds, so please stop it with the personal attacks, OK?

Where did I shout or scream? I actually cared about you because you said "gun nuts" freaked you out! So I just played the PC psychologist and told you to calm down!

Holy hell! You anti gun nuts are absolutely insane!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I will ignore you from now on, but thanks for your input.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

I will ignore you from now on, but thanks for your input.

Why ignore someone offering good advice? You did say they freak you out. Your words...

Verb phrases
freak out, Slang.

a: to enter into or cause a period of irrational behavior or emotional instability
b: to lose or cause to lose emotional control from extreme excitement, shock, fear, joy, despair, etc.

linky

If your experiencing that then you may need professional help, though a doctor will be able to explain it better.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

please stop it with the personal attacks, OK?

Only if you do the same.

I am talking about gun lovers in general and how I see them. I have not made any personal attacks. Read back and see for yourself.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: XTexan

I will ignore you too.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I will ignore you too.

Hilarious!!!!

Typical Progressive!

LaLaLaLaLaLaLaLa......................I don't like what your saying so I will choose to ignore you!

And you wonder why the world is the way it is?

Compromise!!!!!

Unless you consider yourself a narcissist child, then don't be surprised when the same government that acts like you do get nothing done!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I will ignore you too.

Does not surprise me, by your own words you're prone to enter into a period of irrational behavior or emotional instability. Perhaps we should screen for people with issues like that and deny first amendment rights to them.
edit on 30-12-2014 by XTexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: th2356

Not in Canada but they DO use handguns to hunt in the States:

www.fieldandstream.com...

I did not know that, now I do, thanks.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Dumb and dangerous people have constitutional rights too

Not when their stupidity puts everyone else's rights and lives in danger, but your post is perfectly representative of America today and why it's going down the tubes.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
As Thomas Jefferson said,"In 1785 Thomas Jefferson wrote to his fifteen-year-old nephew, Peter Carr, regarding what he considered the best form of exercise: "...I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprize, and independance to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."

From the Monticello Historical website

I don't take life advice from a man who fathered children with a woman he owned, but you know... I'm the one with questionable morality here.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
It was a life she chose at the risk of her children. I hope her cause was worth it. A very wise man once said "Return your sword to IT'S PLACE, for all those who take the sword will perish by the sword." I am glad the child is too young to remember. At least I hope so.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I say pray for that 2 year old...the child must be in shock and trauma...my heart goes out to that little one.

edit on 2014-12-31T00:27:01-06:00amWednesdayam31201512America/Chicagoam by caladonea because: edit

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Viesczy

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock
a reply to: gortex

They will probably charge the toddler with murder....just cause...Murica!

Agreed. If the kid was other than Caucasian, the toddler has already been shot and killed while resisting arrest.

Derek

... and if the kid was a minority, he probably shot the white person on purpose after raping her.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join