It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Accidentally Shot Dead by Two-Year-Old Boy in Wal-Mart

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

So you are a gun lover, like so many other Americans.

And how is this unusual and strange love for guns working out for your nation?

guns.periscopic.com...

Human lives must have little value for gun lovers, compared to all the fun they have playing with their toys that are designed to kill.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: th2356

Well, yeah. You sure aren't going to enjoy moose with a leg trap.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Regardless of the current debate there are lessons to be learned here.

"The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt" -John Philpot Curran

Vigilance in all things.

Seek the knowledge, seek the training, seek the experience.

Be responsibly armed or don't be armed at all. The price of negligence is paid in blood.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Handguns are not used for hunting. Unless you also call killing humans hunting.

And please don't do that - reading all the posts from the gun nuts has freaked me out enough as it is.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This is indeed unfortunate, and will no doubt fire up the anti-gun lobby. I would stress one thing only - natural selection works. Leave it alone.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Quite well actually. We have a nation of 320 million people. 100 million of which are legally armed.

Human lives must have little value for gun lovers

If what you say is true, with 100 million gun owners, the entire North American continent must be a devastating war zone.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Not in Canada but they DO use handguns to hunt in the States:

www.fieldandstream.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: th2356
a reply to: NavyDoc

So you are a gun lover, like so many other Americans.

guns.periscopic.com...

Human lives must have little value for gun lovers, compared to all the fun they have playing with their toys that are designed to kill.

Illogical and unfounded ad-hominum personal attack. This "gun lover" has never used a personal firearm against another human being and most likely saves more lives in a week in the OR than you have in your entire smug little life.

The government trusts me enough to slice you from stem to stern and then put you back together again. How logical would it be then for the government to decide that at the same time I'm not responsible to own a firearm?
edit on 30-12-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Handguns are not used for hunting.

Yes they are. I always enjoy hearing from people that don't know anything about guns proudly proclaim what guns are and are not used for with pretended authority.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Quite well actually. We have a nation of 320 million people. 100 million of which are legally armed.

Human lives must have little value for gun lovers

If what you say is true, with 100 million gun owners, the entire North American continent must be a devastating war zone.

Logic and critical thinking have no place in the mind of an anti-gun rights hysteric.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

And please don't do that - reading all the posts from the gun nuts has freaked me out enough as it is.

Awwwwww, shhhhhhhhh, it's okay, not all of us "gun nuts" are bad. Just like not all black people are bad! But go take your meds so that you don't get freaked out! OK? Take your meds and things will be okay........

WTF?

Sorry, but your example of being freaked out is pathetic! Just wait until the SHTF!!! Then you can freak out!!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

If only she'd have been armed.....

Oh wait....

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Pretty sad that you are afraid and freaked out by reading differing opinions. Perhaps this irrational fear of reading stuff you don't like might have more to do with fear of honest citizens owning guns than any real and actual danger to yourself. I find that most fear of inanimate objects is irrational and many neuroses are part of the package.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Yep some parts of ATS are genuinely quite sinister sometimes. The gun nuts are the very worst, valuing so called liberty over life. Frightening.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: mr-lizard

I tend to value liberty more than anything else.

Without it what manner of life is there?

Safety and longevity in life is not guaranteed.

We could just as easily be reading a story about a woman being run over by a bus.

No one is promised anything in life. All you can do is your best to protect it from those who don't respect your rights as a living being. Everything else is up to fate.

edit on pTue, 30 Dec 2014 21:03:36 -0600201530America/Chicago2014-12-30T21:03:36-06:0031vx12 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: mr-lizard

Yep some parts of ATS are genuinely quite sinister sometimes. The gun nuts are the very worst, valuing so called liberty over life. Frightening.

Actually that's not only disingenuous but untrue. We value innocent life and want the tools to protect it. What is really sinister are the anti-gun rights folks who want to make sure that criminals are safe to victimize people who can't resist.

See how stupid unfounded broad brush statements work both ways?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

A war zone? Your words, not mine, although thousands of gun related deaths each year is a strong hint that something is not right in the US.

And it often seems to me, when I read posts from gun lovers, that many of them actually think that they are in some kind of war since they have this overwhelming need for self defense. I see this word over and over again - "self defense". It must be terrible to live in constant fear. I feel truly sorry for these people.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: mr-lizard

I tend to value liberty more than anything else.

Without it what manner of life is there?

Safety and longevity in life is not guaranteed.

We could just as easily be reading a story about a woman being run over by a bus.

No one is promised anything in life. All you can do is your best to protect it from those who don't respect your rights as a living being. Everything else is up to fate.

Well, to quote Ben Franklin: " They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I'm such a big believer in all Firearms training especially gun safety training.

I'm not a big believer that the government should mandate things but...this kind of thing happens far too often. There are just too many stupid people in America.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

a reply to: projectvxn

A war zone? Your words, not mine, although thousands of gun related deaths each year is a strong hint that something is not right in the US.

And it often seems to me, when I read posts from gun lovers, that many of them actually think that they are in some kind of war since they have this overwhelming need for self defense. I see this word over and over again - "self defense". It must be terrible to live in constant fear. I feel truly sorry for these people.

You miss his point.

His point is, if guns cause death and even owning them is dangerous, with over 300 million guns in the hands of over 100 million gun owners, the country should be a seething blood splattered post apocalypse world but it isn't--for every firearm misused, either negligently or criminally, there are tens of thousands not misused and that, in and of itself, is evidence that your premise is false.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join