It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Accidentally Shot Dead by Two-Year-Old Boy in Wal-Mart

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
News just breaking that a woman was shot in a Wal-Mart in Hayden, a town in Idaho.

Officials said she had a concealed weapons permit but her identity has not been released.

The Wal-Mart closed after the shooting.

Local media reported the woman was visiting the area and died at the scene.
www.bbc.co.uk...

The woman and the children were in the back of the store near the electronics area when the shooting occurred, authorities said.
KREM-TV reports that witnesses and video surveillance from the store helped deputies determine the shooting was accidental.
The store closed after the shooting and was not expected to reopen until Wednesday morning.
www.theguardian.com...

Early reports say the child reached into the woman's bag and took the gun before accidentally shooting her , the gun was legally held.

edit on 30-12-2014 by gortex because: edit to add

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Guns don't kill people, two-year-old's kill people...

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This is so sad,

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
how unfortunate. bet the kid is traumatized.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Is just sticking a gun in your handbag an acceptable (or indeed licensed/permitted) way to legally conceal a firearm?

I'm guessing that a two year old is pretty unlikely to be able to operate the safety, accidentally or otherwise.

This sounds horribly irresponsible on her part, and now two families are paying.

Very sad indeed.

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

How nice that one would take a tragedy such as this one to promote a political agenda! /sarcasm

As a responsible gun owner and vet, it sounds like this woman made the fatal error of not knowing if her weapon was on safe or not.

But enjoy your agenda! I am sure many more will be on here to promote taking away the rights from those of us whom are responsible gun owners!

It will be amusing to say the least to see how many who our currently on the police hating band wagon jumps in and joins in your sentiment!

After all, if the police get really bad, what will stand in their way if those who want gun control get their way?

Some food for thought for those who only value freedom if it only fits into their idea of what it means......

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Agreed. I mean I support gun rights but I always thought a holster was the proper way to carry a gun?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Why was she carrying an unsecured loaded weapon in her bag in a shopping area?

Killed by the thing supposed to protect her.

Hm. It almost seems as if weaponizing the public is the best way for the public to achieve autodestruction... I wonder if TPTB has already thought about this...

Guns never solved nothing.

Poor lady.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Depends upon the type of handgun.
A .45 or 9mm usually will have two or three safeties, whereas a revolver has none.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
If the 2 year old was capable of firing the gun it had to be loaded and cocked to do so.
Culprit: CCW owner.
Darwin failure with a gun.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Well as a non-pistol owning brit i'm only making assumptions about how it works in the US, but it aint the way i would choose to do things. My own feelings on firearms in the US has changed a bit since reading US posters here, but this poor woman just gives responsible folks a bad rep by the looks of things.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

They will probably charge the toddler with murder....just cause...Murica!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Leonidas

How nice that one would take a tragedy such as this one to promote a political agenda! /sarcasm

As a responsible gun owner and vet, it sounds like this woman made the fatal error of not knowing if her weapon was on safe or not.

But enjoy your agenda! I am sure many more will be on here to promote taking away the rights from those of us whom are responsible gun owners!

It will be amusing to say the least to see how many who our currently on the police hating band wagon jumps in and joins in your sentiment!

After all, if the police get really bad, what will stand in their way if those who want gun control get their way?

Some food for thought for those who only value freedom if it only fits into their idea of what it means......

Agreed. Anyone who thinks doing away with guns will solve any issues, needs to ask the Jamaicans how it worked for them in the 70's, when their government banned the citizens from owning firearms. It was quite an ugly mess. The criminals who didn't care about the law had a great time for years to come.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Well the the anti gun crowd are gonna have a field day on this. This is why we shouldn't have guns and other dangerous weapons on the hands of dumb people. I believe to own a gun or any other type of dangerous weapon you should be a responsible person. Whoever let this kid have a gun should have his or her rights to bear arms taken away.
edit on 30-12-2014 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I feel bad for them - what a terrible thing for a child to grow up without their mom and learning some day that they did this. Will they remember it? I hope not.

That said, I don't see anything wrong with carrying a concealed weapon, but I don't think she should have had it in her purse, or right next to her baby. She should have had it in some kind of a sling or concealed holster underneath her clothing. That way you always know right where it is at all times. I mean, it's not like people never have their purses stolen, you know?
edit on 12/30/14 by peskyhumans because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Well at least the baby is alright - He could of shot himself or one of the other children that were reportedly with the woman.
That would have been an even greater tragedy.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

This is why we shouldn't have guns and other dangerous weapons on the hands of dumb people.

Dumb and dangerous people have constitutional rights too.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This is what happens when idiots carry guns. Why take the gun shopping? Why leave it lying about in her bag? Why was the safety off? Why? Why? Why? Because she was an idiot.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This is exactly why dropping a gun in your purse is stupid. If you want to carry a firearm, it needs to be ON your body. Yet again a stupidity issue... not a gun control issue. Tragic :-/

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: UmbraSumus

Then I propose a more stricter background check on them. Plus a proper school where they teach gun safety and ethics.
edit on 30-12-2014 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join