It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Accidentally Shot Dead by Two-Year-Old Boy in Wal-Mart

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrJunk

If a gun is used properly and for its intended purpose someone ends up dead.

Why? Is there someone standing behind my target at the range?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Why? Is there someone standing behind my target at the range?

Try harder.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Try harder.

Why? All the permits I filled out for my firearms had 'target shooting' in the field marked 'reason for ownership' and I would never tell the FBI a fib.

edit on 30-12-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Guns are perfectly safe when not used negligently. A gun was not designed nor intended to be in the hands of a toddler. A gun handled appropriately will kill no one accidentally. They don't operate themselves, you know. See the difference here?

We regulate guns more than automobiles. Ever have to have a background check and a clean criminal history to buy a car?

I don't know how to debate someone that insists that guns are perfectly safe.

Guns are the instrument of death for over 10,000 people a year in this country.

Perfectly safe.

They are perfectly safe if not misused. Not a single firearm of mine has "accidently" gone off in 30 years of collecting. You simply cannot delineate, or refuse to delineate, between misuse and negligence and the actual firearm itself. have an experiment. Buy a gun, load it, put it on a table and watch it. I can guarantee it will not do anything until someone touches it.

Firearms do not "cause" a single death anywhere. It is the person behind it. Again, I understand that liberals do not believe in personal responsibility and therein lies most of our societal problems.

I'm sorry, how is that a "safe" use?

But here is the salient fact you keep ignoring--it was NOT used properly NOR for it's intended purpose. It was not properly secured, not on the owner's body, not inaccessible to someone else and not intended to be in the hands of a two year old. This was neither proper nor intended use of this firearm and to say so is being disingenuous.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Try harder.

Why? All the permits I filled out for my firearms had 'target shooting' in the field marked 'reason for ownership' and I would never tell the FBI a fib.

Thanks for your input.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Thanks for your input.

You are very welcome. Glad I could be of assistance.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Guns are perfectly safe when not used negligently. A gun was not designed nor intended to be in the hands of a toddler. A gun handled appropriately will kill no one accidentally. They don't operate themselves, you know. See the difference here?

We regulate guns more than automobiles. Ever have to have a background check and a clean criminal history to buy a car?

Perfectly safe.

They are perfectly safe if not misused. Not a single firearm of mine has "accidently" gone off in 30 years of collecting. You simply cannot delineate, or refuse to delineate, between misuse and negligence and the actual firearm itself. have an experiment. Buy a gun, load it, put it on a table and watch it. I can guarantee it will not do anything until someone touches it.

Firearms do not "cause" a single death anywhere. It is the person behind it. Again, I understand that liberals do not believe in personal responsibility and therein lies most of our societal problems.

But here is the salient fact you keep ignoring--it was NOT used properly NOR for it's intended purpose. It was not properly secured, not on the owner's body, not inaccessible to someone else and not intended to be in the hands of a two year old. This was neither proper nor intended use of this firearm and to say so is being disingenuous.

Your right!

But really? You and I both know that those who scream the loudest for their rights are the ones who quickly go against those of us who value ours?

Yet they sit and wonder why no one takes them seriously........

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Perfectly safe.

You keep moving around, it is hard to tell when you are talking about guns in general and when you are talking about the actual news story.

Guns don't have intentions.
Guns don't follow laws.
Guns are tools that almost anyone can use.

A gun found its way into the hand of a toddler and that toddler pulled the trigger while it was aimed at his mother. He didn't hit her over the head with it. He shot her with a gun.

When this gun was engineered, designed, and manufactured, it's intended purpose was to discharge a projectile with lethal force. That happened.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

As a responsible gun owner and vet

There is no such thing as a responsible gun owner.

How many deaths will it take till you people know that too many people have died?

edit on 30/12/14 by Astyanax because: of the obstinacy of those who will not face facts.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

So what exactly IS the intented purpose for a gun, in your mind? Please be spesific.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

How many deaths will it take till you people know that too many people have died?

That's a silly comment. I'm a responsible gun owner--responsible enough that the state lets me cut people open and take stuff out and then sew them up again. I'm responsible enough to perform complicated spinal surgery but not responsible to own a gun? That's nonsense and a statement of ignorant and blanket prejudice.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Perfectly safe.

You keep moving around, it is hard to tell when you are talking about guns in general and when you are talking about the actual news story.

Guns don't have intentions.
Guns don't follow laws.
Guns are tools that almost anyone can use.

A gun found its way into the hand of a toddler and that toddler pulled the trigger while it was aimed at his mother. He didn't hit her over the head with it. He shot her with a gun.

When this gun was engineered, designed, and manufactured, it's intended purpose was to discharge a projectile with lethal force. That happened.

I'm not moving around--I'm pointing out your logical fallacy. A gun is perfectly safe unless misused as it was in this case and every case an innocent is killed. It also properly used every time a woman drives off a rapist or kills someone breaking into her house. You disarm the woman, you empower the rapist.

The fault lies not with the tool. It is used for good and ill, like any other tool. The onus is on the user, not the object, and rational people can see the difference.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Your full of snip!

You might as well be a "racist" because you are judging those who have obeyed the law and done nothing wrong! Yet here you are judging them by the "metal in their hand"?

Do you think for a second that if the US government was able to disarm the US citizenship that they wouldn't continue using the military to dominate those who refused to submit to the NWO?

People die every day and it isn't just due to guns!

Edit: Might I mention that I am 51 years old and grew up with guns and have yet to kill anyone with one? Your sick and twisted! Take your rights and stick em where the sun don't shine! Why should I care about your rights when you don't care about mine?

edit on 30-12-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: th2356

So what exactly IS the intented purpose for a gun, in your mind? Please be spesific.

They are multiple use objects--target shooting, recreation, competition, collecting (I actually have guns I have never fired and will never fire because of historical and monetary value), hunting, and of course self defense.

As Thomas Jefferson said,"In 1785 Thomas Jefferson wrote to his fifteen-year-old nephew, Peter Carr, regarding what he considered the best form of exercise: "...I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprize, and independance to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."

From the Monticello Historical website

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

A gun is not "misused" if it kills someone. It is simply used, and it is used for the ONLY purpose it has.

edit on 30-12-2014 by th2356 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
It's simple. This woman didn't have her weapon properly stowed. No different than someone leaving a kids alone in a running car and they put it in gear. Negligence.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: th2356

It is simply used, and it is used for the ONLY purpose it has.

Protection?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Hang on a minute, I will go ask the pro-abortion folks.

There are millions of responsible gun owners in America. If not, we would have Millions of gun related deaths.

link   
The gun wasn't child proof and most importantly wasn't idiot proof either.

link   

originally posted by: th2356

A gun is not "misused" if it kills someone. It is simply used, and it is used for the ONLY purpose it has.

You are quite wrong. A gun is misused if it kills someone due to criminal act or negligence. Like every other inanimate object, use is what determines if something is used properly or not.

A knife's only use is to cut things. That's it. It's not intended to use to write or to eat ice cream. It's only use is to cut. In my hands, that knife can be used to save a life or ease suffering. That exact same blade doing the same cutting in the hands of a criminal can end life and create suffering. The knife was designed to cut, that's it's only intended use--to cut--but it is who and why and how that differentiates legitimate and illegitimate use for cutting.

By your logic surgeons should not have knives and cops should not have guns.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join