It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA scientist explains warp drive

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
This NASA Ames Research Center video contains the presentation of Dr. Harold "Sonny" White from NASA Eagleworks Laboratories: Advanced Propulsion. Dr. White presents his warp drive and explains how it could propel humankind to the stars.

-MM
edit on 30-12-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
"Engage"

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
If they are claiming publicly that they are this far down the road then I would guess they have already succeeded in developing a working drive because secretly they are always 20+ years ahead of the public's knowledge.

The future implications of this are awesome!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
A 50 ton spacecraft launched from orbit requiring a nuclear reactor generating 2 MW of power to propel the spacecraft to Mars and back in 20 days? Only if they had an unlimited budget. Won't happen in my lifetime.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: eManym

It would probably cost 1/10 th of that if the private space industry did it - NASA has a tendency to "overdo" things.

-MM

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation
a reply to: eManym

It would probably cost 1/10 th of that if the private space industry did it - NASA has a tendency to "overdo" things.

-MM

Actually private industry has a tendency to "over charge" things and usually cost over runs to boot when dealing with government contracts. NASA doest build very much on their own, almost everything made for them is made by private industry.

Oh and they can power all this with Lockheeds car sized fusion reactors!
edit on 30-12-2014 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
If they are claiming publicly that they are this far down the road then I would guess they have already succeeded in developing a working drive because secretly they are always 20+ years ahead of the public's knowledge.

Why do you believe "they are always 20+ years ahead?" Can you give a single example?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
least finally we have someone from Nasa formally endorsed to talk about propulsion which has nothing to do with rockets. When I think of rockets I think of Von Braun and World War 2. A new type of propulsion is now required and Nasa will need to deliver on that if they want to stay no1 cause if they don't another group will this century,

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
least finally we have someone from Nasa formally endorsed to talk about propulsion which has nothing to do with rockets. When I think of rockets I think of Von Braun and World War 2. A new type of propulsion is now required and Nasa will need to deliver on that if they want to stay no1 cause if they don't another group will this century,

Actually, all of the exotic propulsion systems being considered use reaction engines; rockets. They're just not conventional chemical rockets.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

my personal view is gravity force is one and the same as magnetic force, but of course magnets don't attract organic so what I just said appears contradictory against mainstream. Then mabey, the contradiction can be resolved if magnetic energy has energy/frequency levels analogous with electrons orbits, and reasons which ions form attractive forces caused by uneven proton and ekectron numbers. The game is just afoot for some method of propulsion that doesn't use chemical forms of rockets.

edit on 30-12-2014 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Helium-3 (He3) is gas that has the potential to be used as a fuel in future nuclear fusion power plants. There is very little helium-3 available on the Earth. However, there are thought to be significant supplies on the Moon.a reply to: eManym

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
im building one,i dont want to get banned on my first post for linking but i am.
these releases are because of my open source.they have no choice plus it protects my life.
ive done most of the research on my own but have had help from other cters as far as function.
ive read post on here about warp bubbles destroying planets and such,this is fear mongering mostly by shills to scare folks away.it doesnt take alot of energy to run it ,just start it.then it recycles its energy.
i will be happy to answer questions but basically its a magnetohydrodynamic engine using mercury vapor.
if mods allow ,i will link to ongoing construction and test.but not until i have official blessing of ats as its at another forum and the thread is my notepad.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: robomont1

Just so long as you don't ask for money, I'm sure the Mods will be fine with it.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Why do you believe "they are always 20+ years ahead?" Can you give a single example?

Do you think that they would show this detail to the public if it was the truth about how far technology had developed.
The fact that this is now not secret is because its old hat!!

Stealth Bomber!! And I'm sure there are many more examples.

It would be both green and niaive to think that there wouldn't be secrecy around such technologies and their development.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Cool ship ... They say that it showed some promising readings. But has to be thoroughly tested to make sure.
I'll hope I would see this thing flying within my lifetime..

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Do you think that they would show this detail to the public if it was the truth about how far technology had developed.
The fact that this is now not secret is because its old hat!!

No; it is ongoing research. By making it public, they are enlarging the pool of scientists who might contribute to the research.

Stealth Bomber!! And I'm sure there are many more examples.

Please indicate all the commercial uses for "Stealth Bomber" technology. Oh, and everyone knew about stealth technology research, it was just the actual technology that was classified. One more example, please.

It would be both green and niaive to think that there wouldn't be secrecy around such technologies and their development.

On the contrary, any technology that requires a major infrastructure investment will need to generate funding. NASA is publicizing this research in the hopes that it will inspire people to authorize more pure R&D spending in the Federal budget. Also, it might interest the private sector in partnering as well.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
the tech is tesla and brown combined,its been around since the late 40's.the fluxliner was one of the first i know of.they used leftover lead paint from ww2 to shield occupants.its very similar tech to tr and sport models ,yes they are sixty years ahead right now.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: robomont1
im building one,i dont want to get banned on my first post for linking but i am.
these releases are because of my open source.they have no choice plus it protects my life.
ive done most of the research on my own but have had help from other cters as far as function.
ive read post on here about warp bubbles destroying planets and such,this is fear mongering mostly by shills to scare folks away.it doesnt take alot of energy to run it ,just start it.then it recycles its energy.
i will be happy to answer questions but basically its a magnetohydrodynamic engine using mercury vapor.
if mods allow ,i will link to ongoing construction and test.but not until i have official blessing of ats as its at another forum and the thread is my notepad.

Click on the Complain button, or privately message any staff member and ask for permission, outlining what you want to do. Staff/Admin/Owners will look at it and get back with you as quickly as we can.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: robomont1
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

You probably crossed the line with this one.

Why not just copy and paste your original writings here at ATS???
edit on bu312014-12-30T08:10:05-06:0008America/ChicagoTue, 30 Dec 2014 08:10:05 -06008u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Dec 30 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join