It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA scientist explains warp drive

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

When I see these kind of presentations about "earthly" advanced space stuff I start to very much doubt these conspiracies about secret space programs where human astronauts are traveling among the planets and in some cases among the stars within no time.

Unless these top-scientist like Dr Harold White are part of the conspriacy and is drip-feeding the scientific community with the knowledge he acquiered from studying alien technology..... of course.

S&F

edit on 30/12/2014 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
If only could get a warp jetpack that let me bend space and time!

NASA unveils its warp drive concept spaceship IXS Enterprise

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
once you accept the fact they have been lying all these years,then it becomes obvious,sorry to bust any bubbles but this tech is real.
the russians and chinese have it too.
when they released the fluxliner,me and some friends dissected it and it all became clear.its whats called a uni direction tank circuit for those who understand electricity.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Do you think that they would show this detail to the public if it was the truth about how far technology had developed.
The fact that this is now not secret is because its old hat!!

No; it is ongoing research. By making it public, they are enlarging the pool of scientists who might contribute to the research.

Stealth Bomber!! And I'm sure there are many more examples.

Please indicate all the commercial uses for "Stealth Bomber" technology. Oh, and everyone knew about stealth technology research, it was just the actual technology that was classified. One more example, please.

It would be both green and niaive to think that there wouldn't be secrecy around such technologies and their development.

On the contrary, any technology that requires a major infrastructure investment will need to generate funding. NASA is publicizing this research in the hopes that it will inspire people to authorize more pure R&D spending in the Federal budget. Also, it might interest the private sector in partnering as well.

Corona Satellite secretly launched in 1960 and announced in early 1990's!!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: robomont1
once you accept the fact they have been lying all these years,then it becomes obvious

But why blindly accept this "fact"? You could also accept the "fact" that God exists, and then everything becomes obvious.

But reason and knowledge don't work that way. You base an assumption on a bunch of other assumptions, and present it as undeniable fact.

Your logic here sounds like this: "If they have had this advanced technology already working for decades (assumption #1), they wouldn't have told the public about it (assumption #2). Therefore, it proves that they have had this advanced technology working for decades."

Sorry, but this kind of logic doesn't hold water; you could claim anything you like using this.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I did a quick search on Dr. White and came across this site:

www.icarusinterstellar.org...

Looks very interesting.
edit on 30-12-2014 by LevelHeaded because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

once you accept the fact they have been lying all these years,then it becomes obvious,sorry to bust any bubbles but this tech is real.

the russians and chinese have it too.

when they released the fluxliner,me and some friends dissected it and it all became clear.its whats called a uni direction tank circuit for those who understand electricity.

I think many have accepted they have been lied to at some point in thier lives wether by government or otherwise. Doesnt change a thing, I dont think anyone cares anymore. If it doesnt effect people in thier personal lives it doesnt really matter at all. Look at Fukushima nobody cares as all, because its outside of everyones sphere of influence. On the same way warp speed is out of our hands, people need daily experience with something to even accept it as part of thier lives. So if no one is warping around to work and home it might as well not exist, because our perception of it isnt real.

As for skeptics, I would guess that true skeptics believe nothing 100% they are even skeptical about thier own skepticism.
So I wouldnt expect true skeptics to ever believe anything, until you give them the ability to warp in thier daliy lives.

Of course anything is possible, many are still skeptical about things like the earth being round, there being atoms, and the universe came from the BIG BANG.

With many in the country becoming apathetic about even the slightest possibility of any highly advanced technology existing because its all been shelved. People have told they will get thier comic book superpowers, Buck Rogers Lasers, healthier food, Jetsons cars, nanobots, robots to do chores, time travel, an advanced civilization, an enlightened society, and kick arse jetpacks then they got. . . . .NOTHING AT ALL

So history has been a teacher in the realm of technology and what the public expects.

I want my own personalized nanobot swarms that allow me to go warp speed like the flash and literaly bend space time so I can travel really fast anywhere instantly, also into the past and future.
However I dont expect too much of my own desires, so I wont be dissapointed should the trickle down technology never reach me or the rest of the public.

Maybe one day we will get some public high technology, I kind of doubt it though.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Who are you adressing here..?

Anyways,.. Is there anybody interested to share his/her thoughts with my previous reply? I can imagine that some, if not most people concerned with this specific thread do not even think about the possibillity that the efforts of this scientist Dr White is unnecessary because the science behind the topic of his presentation is already 'on the shelve'. I am just very interested if a organisation like nasa or jpl or ames in this case is able to pull such a secrecy off.

My previous thread..

When I see these kind of presentations about "earthly" advanced space stuff I start to very much doubt these conspiracies about secret space programs where human astronauts are traveling among the planets and in some cases among the stars within no time.

Unless these top-scientist like Dr Harold White are part of the conspriacy and is drip-feeding the scientific community with the knowledge he acquiered from studying alien technology..... of course.

Thx ♫~zat~♫

edit on Tue Dec 30 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1

Cool ship ... They say that it showed some promising readings. But has to be thoroughly tested to make sure.
I'll hope I would see this thing flying within my lifetime..

Standing up in the Milky Way galaxy. Here it is compared to the size of the Space-X Dragon capsule (which you can see in this screenshot I made "above" it).

I made this for the Aliens & UFOs forum....

I'm just going to put this here....

edit on 1-1-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-1-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar
You made that yourself Jadestar ? that's absolutely amazing . You should have brought this in a single thread.
Great work..

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Hmm, the last time I've read about warp drives, they have required negative energy density.

How did Mr. White fix that issue?

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius
Hmm, the last time I've read about warp drives, they have required negative energy density.

yeah but that is not impossible and not only that but it does not have to mean matter with negative mass or energy either. Though even that is possible.

expanded york time is the same thing as negative curvature of space.

in the standard model, and both QED and classical electrodynamics the mass and energy of normal matter is negative and infinite before renormalization. that means the computer and everything else in front of you has hidden in it negative energy and mass. if a procedure existed that could separate the terms of the equation (by application of some technological process to the physical components the terms of the equation represent) you could in theory create negative energy and mass at will.

Dr white solved it in part by figuring out theoretically at least you can alter the resistance of space to deformation and thus reduce the amount of exotic energy or mass needed to accomplish useful warping of space. Additionally he is also aware of the above two points i made and he also knows Woodward's work with Mach effect though he differs with Woodward on some specifics of the theory. He has worked with and consults Woodward. They are peers and occasional colleagues.
edit on 2-1-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

As I understand, his math proves that one can drastically reduce the energy requirements by making the warp bubble walls thinner and the bubble inner space smaller.

-MM
edit on 2-1-2015 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

Sure he claims to have a geometry that requires less negative energy. But I see nowhere how is he planning to create it "practically". In his 101 paper I see a toroid capacitor, what is the deal with that?

Oh wait...

He is claiming that "a toroidal positive energy density could yield a spherical negative pressure (an alternative to negative energy) region."

That is what he is trying to show with his interferometer setup.

Makes me wonder if anyone else has looked into this. A quick web search did not produce any papers.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

a reply to: stormbringer1701

Sure he claims to have a geometry that requires less negative energy. But I see nowhere how is he planning to create it "practically". In his 101 paper I see a toroid capacitor, what is the deal with that?

Oh wait...

He is claiming that "a toroidal positive energy density could yield a spherical negative pressure (an alternative to negative energy) region."

That is what he is trying to show with his interferometer setup.

Makes me wonder if anyone else has looked into this. A quick web search did not produce any papers.

It is more than just that though. He says that by applying an expanding and collapsing waveform to the ring's field it alters space time's permitivity. In this case permitivity means the resistance of space to bending. this would naturally lower the energy needed to accomplish a warping of space.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
a reply to: JadeStar
You made that yourself Jadestar ? that's absolutely amazing .

Yes.

You should have brought this in a single thread.
Great work..

I would but it may be part of a larger work I'll post on ATS as part of a very "hard science" sci-fi story.
edit on 2-1-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join