It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus; an Essene (Paul interpreted blasphomy) would not be known as Christians; instead Gnostics

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60

As far as I know, there was never a such thing as a "Christian Synagogue". There were churches, which is English for what at the time would have been, ekklésia, which is the Greek word for it.

"At first, places where Jewish Christians worshipped were of course called synagogues. Only later, as I will explain, did Christian places of worship come to be called churches instead of synagogues. And at some time after that, this particular Judeo-Christian synagogue became known as the Church of the Apostles. Demonstrating this last statement will be the third part of my argument."
Source
www.centuryone.org...

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I let my actions speak for me, and barely my words.

Your actions are your words because you are willfully deceiving people. To me, that is a very negative action.

Yes, I take up indignation in the face of such evil if that's what it takes. St. Paul said to never let the sun go down on your wrath.

I have wrath in me, yes, but I direct it towards evil, rather than act kindly to it and let it stopple the sunlight.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: backcase

Then you should direct it towards what is in your heart...

You are a liar and a hypocite... and I am done with your hatred

by far the worst type of Christian is what you see In the mirror...

you make me sick... but its not me you will have to answer to one day

Good luck

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

you make me sick... but its not me you will have to answer to one day

Good luck

What is there to fear in your belief set that thinks there is no punishment? Sounds like a contradiction to me.

EDIT: I have also 'had it' with your false compassion, if you cannot tell.
edit on 063131p://000 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I say there is no hell.... at least not the fantasy torture realm Christians believe in that was thought up by Dante...

there is most definitely punishment...

And IF I were you I would hope for the true God of the bible I know exists... as opposed to the demon you believe in, and by your words you prove

Thank God for his forgiveness... because you haven't got a clue as it stands... and you're quite lost

And my patience for ignorance is limited these days...

Why should I be compassionate towards someone who spews lies about me? I am NOT the lord

edit on 28-12-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

mmhm.. Jesus was called 'demon', you repeat that word as if in the gospel it came from your own very mouth.

Look upon your deceit again. Call me a hypocrite again, and contradict yourself by doing so... again. I need say little, it is so obvious.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

You just twist my words... and spew lies... you know exactly what im talking about

And just like the typical Christian you looking for a fight, and you're out of your league

I don't need to call you it again, you prove it by your words...

again, good luck... you'll need it

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60

This is very fanciful but not based on any sort of verifiable reality. Being a "Hellenistic Jew" would be the norm for Jews living to the west of Parthia and Babylon.

It is true that the common language of most was Greek and even in Rome the everyday language was coined Greek but the Apostles and Paul used the Hebrew tongue as well as the Greek tongue as is shown in the book of Acts. All legal affairs of Rome were in Latin and all liturgy of the first Christians was Aramaic and Hebrew. The teachers and preachers were the Apostles themselves who taught in the mother tongue.

Act_21:40 And when he had given him licence, Paul stood on the stairs, and beckoned with the hand unto the people. And when there was made a great silence, he spake unto them in the Hebrew tongue, saying,
Act_22:2 (And when they heard that he spake in the Hebrew tongue to them, they kept the more silence: and he saith,)
Act_26:14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

The end of the letter is the bottom of the page.
You are using something other than a normal definition for an end of a letter.
A standard definition would be, the conclusion, which could take up as many pages as necessary, and proportional to the overall length of the letter.

edit on 28-12-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60

The end of the letter is the bottom of the page.
You are using something other than a normal definition for an end of a letter.
A standard definition would be, the conclusion, which could take up as many pages as necessary, and proportional to the overall length of the letter.

Semantics. I sign my documents at the bottom of the page, the end of the letter, and even after the conclusion as you brought up.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

"At first, places where Jewish Christians worshipped were of course called synagogues.
What seems to be the situation described is a synagogue in Jerusalem that both the Jews and the Christians claim as their own, and then the writer of the article that you linked to is taking that ambiguity of original ownership and hypothesizing that it was "Judeo-Christian".

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

The teachers and preachers were the Apostles themselves who taught in the mother tongue.
OK, there is no such thing as a "mother tongue".
All you are doing is making bare assertions.
What is being called "Hebrew" in Acts is actually the Judean dialect of Aramaic, associated with the Jews, otherwise known as "Hebrews", and was notable by its not being normally used in general conversation.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Oh joy the whole Muslim argument that Christianity was made up by Paul . you see your using an argument that doesn't come from scholars but rather bias religious fanatics. We all have a little personal bias but when it.comes to.this.argument between normally Muslims and Christians the Christ Ian has all the facts on their side.

Name one teaching of Paul's that can't be found somewhere else in scripture. Give me one piece of historical.evidence that greed with you.

I cannot regarding Paul; I have no pleasantries to tell as he the (usurper) of Jesus's message (made his own).

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

I cannot regarding Paul; I have no pleasantries to tell as he the (usurper) of Jesus's message (made his own).

Then it would have been nice of Peter when writing the epistle that dealt explicitly with false teachers, (2 Peter), to have mentioned Paul as such instead of a beloved brother in Christ.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Peter was a coward as it shows in the gospels...

But John wrote about Paul... without using his name...

and I personally believe that is what landed him on Patmos...

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: roth1

originally posted by: veteranhumanbeing
originally posted by: roth1
I don't believe in gods. But the book says god said he created man in his own image. Jesus is the same as me. Jesus was not god. Jesus last words. “Father, I entrust my spirit into your hands!”
(Luke 23:46)

roth1: God said worship no other gods before me. Yet many worship Jesus, mary and saints.
God said not to worship any graven images. Statues or pictures of Jesus, crosses etc. Do you even know what you all worship?
Forget about all the other things that are ignored.

I can see why. The God that said this TO YOU is a narcissist blowhard; taking advantage of your good nature and automatically believe this as A trueISM. You do not under any circumstances have be told to WORSHIP and TO believe this dogmatic untruth, a lie is being told. The shunning of Graven images would be Islam's fear of the physical depiction of the 'soul/spirit' incarnated as the deplorable human being IN FORM (not my vision as humans are perfection Da'Vinci style). Would God depict us as anything else DESCRIBING Itself as limited and ugly. I think God has an ego aspect (VANITY).
You forget about Judaism where both stemmed from they say that as well. Yes the bible says that to. Read a book.

Might have been my MAJOR problem too many dogmas out there (very confusing) to tick tack toe along with (connect the dots). That very large one with all of the 'scripture writing' was wieldy; and avoided it unless wearing fire retardent gloves and a welders mask.
edit on 28-12-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

In the gospels yes, but he was the rock Jesus said he was after Pentecost when filled with the Holy Spirit. Night and day difference in the man. He was fearless, right up to his crucifixion in Rome. And John didn't write about Paul, and furthermore he just happened to land into the grasp of a Caesar that didn't want to execute him, he just banished him. He is lucky Nero didn't get a hand on him instead.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

In the gospels yes, but he was the rock Jesus said he was after Pentecost when filled with the Holy Spirit. Night and day difference in the man. He was fearless, right up to his crucifixion in Rome. And John didn't write about Paul, and furthermore he just happened to land into the grasp of a Caesar that didn't want to execute him, he just banished him. He is lucky Nero didn't get a hand on him instead.

its interesting that he is called "the rock" but in fact he was more like a pebble... or a stone... I believe that was the correct word as well... something very moveable

In any case, yes John did write about Paul... read his letters, not his gospel...

What I think happened was that John knew Paul's plan to rule the church and gain his own following... Paul sought out the roman authorities to keep johns mouth shut... and they had him banished for that reason

I believe Paul was hired to change the message of Jesus because he had a lot of sway, which is why he also disappeared unlike the actually followers of Jesus who were murdered

But John left the clues if you know your NT

edit on 28-12-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
originally posted by: deadeyedick

a reply to: veteranhumanbeing

I think that Jesus pulled a fast one on everyone. Actually it was told on the colbert report as a goof called Mananna Bananna.
Jesus as a child of 4 or 5 was lonely so they turned a bananna into a person. After a couple months the boy went into the future to today's time and the brother to him the bananna carried out the mission of Jesus. They skipped the whole growing up part cause the bananna was already grown up so he went about fullfilling the role. This is why there is a gap in the history of Jesus because it never happened. Even though there is no scripture that says this specifically the whole timeline in the book does fit this crazy notion. This answers many questions about the ages of the ones around Jesus during his life. It also ties in your personal view that you have put forth through the yrs here as well as mine.

Jesus turned a boy into a banana then took it home and told his mother Mary to turn it into a feast to feed all living in Nazareth (it worked/so goes first attempt at the fishes and loaves magic). I was reading a book the other day that tells the story of Jesus's years from ages 14 to 30; lived in Tibet traversed the orient (author questionable), it is a book and would you think immediately be believed (I MEAN ITS PRINTED AND BOUND). This one is just as special as all others. Where does the 'discrimination' factor set in (true or not). Personally would like to forget those personal years (I had no filthy rich shipping magnate benefactor (Joseph of the Two Hills). The Colbert Report tells the truth like it or not the HUMOR.
edit on 28-12-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

its interesting that he is called "the rock" but in fact he was more like a pebble... or a stone... I believe that was the correct word as well... something very moveable

Yes, that's even more funny if you know Greek. Nobody said Jesus didn't have a sense of humor. lol But there is a MASSIVE difference between Peter at the illegal trial of Jesus with the high priest when he denied him 3 times to a teenage girl, and him after Pentecost when filled with the Holy Spirit. Totally different man, and it wasn't Peter, it was the Holy Spirit indwelling Peter.

In any case, yes John did write about Paul... read his letters, not his gospel...

Quote the verses you are thinking of.

edit on 29-12-2014 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join