It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus; an Essene (Paul interpreted blasphomy) would not be known as Christians; instead Gnostics

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
originally posted by: roth1
I don't believe in gods. But the book says god said he created man in his own image. Jesus is the same as me. Jesus was not god. Jesus last words. “Father, I entrust my spirit into your hands!”
(Luke 23:46)

roth1: God said worship no other gods before me. Yet many worship Jesus, mary and saints.
God said not to worship any graven images. Statues or pictures of Jesus, crosses etc. Do you even know what you all worship?
Forget about all the other things that are ignored.

I can see why. The God that said this TO YOU is a narcissist blowhard; taking advantage of your good nature and automatically believe this as A trueISM. You do not under any circumstances have be told to WORSHIP and TO believe this dogmatic untruth, a lie is being told. The shunning of Graven images would be Islam's fear of the physical depiction of the 'soul/spirit' incarnated as the deplorable human being IN FORM (not my vision as humans are perfection Da'Vinci style). Would God depict us as anything else DESCRIBING Itself as limited and ugly. I think God has an ego aspect (VANITY).
edit on 27-12-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr
We can break this down. Abraham had two sons, Issac and Jacob. One was responsible for creating Islam the other Judaism. Both are Semitic duo races and what they spawned as brothers together (in unison) their progeny; are "the two hate each other". What does that say about the brothers relationship (THANKS GUYS).

edit on 27-12-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

I think you're confusing Isaac and Ishmael with Jacob and Esau.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
originally posted by: windword
a reply to: veteranhumanbeing

windword: I think you're confusing Isaac and Ishmael with Jacob and Esau.

Probably YES; I so ALSO get Anu (god 'my frater/father') confused with my natural Dad; and those idiot Sumarian brothers (sons of) Enlil and Enki confused with Abrahams sons. Why will no one tell the truth about the REAL falsities windword? (happy Christmas to you). Murphy wasn't home vid; scary (not fun) hiddens thank you for sharing this. More better use the platform (all needs everyone call to arms/ears to tell a truth).
edit on 28-12-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Reads like the "100 Monkey Theory"?? What if Moishe (Moses) only turned in 2 slabs of concrete when there was 3 slabs and a written scroll when He 'came down' ? Were "they" condensing from the start?

Re: "cornerstone" Please enjoy some Bob Marley for Your listening pleasure on this Onederful Sabbath..

Listen while you read!
(chorus)
The stone that the builder refuse
will always be the head cornerstone,
the stone that the builder refuse
will always be the head cornerstone

You're a builder baby
Here I am a stone
Don't you think and refuse me
Cause the things people refuse
are the things they should use
do you hear me?
hear what I say

(go to chorus)

Here i am baby
I'm a builder's stone
Don't you think and refuse me, listen
the things people refuse
are the things they should use
Do you hear them? Here what I say

(go to chorus)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
a reply to: NOTurTypical

someone telling someone else to write something down does not count as writing it down yourself.
The information may be claimed from another source but without verified proof. It is the word of the individual whos hand is striking the parchment.

Businessmen/women dictate letters to their secretaries every day. It carries the legal weight if they themselves put pen to paper. And in that day and age, a paid writer was a common profession, called an "amanuensis". Mark and 1st Peter were letters by Peter, but were dictated to an amanuensis. Mark was dictated to John Mark and 1st Peter was dictated to Silvanus.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

We can break this down. Abraham had two sons, Issac and Jacob.

No, Abraham's sons were Issac and Ishmael. Issac had two sons, Essau and Jacob. Jacob was later re-named Israel by God. And Ishmael didn't create Islam, Muhammad did in the 7th century. He went to Mecca and picked the moon god out of 300 idols there and created Islam.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
originally posted by: roth1
I don't believe in gods. But the book says god said he created man in his own image. Jesus is the same as me. Jesus was not god. Jesus last words. “Father, I entrust my spirit into your hands!”
(Luke 23:46)

roth1: God said worship no other gods before me. Yet many worship Jesus, mary and saints.
God said not to worship any graven images. Statues or pictures of Jesus, crosses etc. Do you even know what you all worship?
Forget about all the other things that are ignored.

I can see why. The God that said this TO YOU is a narcissist blowhard; taking advantage of your good nature and automatically believe this as A trueISM. You do not under any circumstances have be told to WORSHIP and TO believe this dogmatic untruth, a lie is being told. The shunning of Graven images would be Islam's fear of the physical depiction of the 'soul/spirit' incarnated as the deplorable human being IN FORM (not my vision as humans are perfection Da'Vinci style). Would God depict us as anything else DESCRIBING Itself as limited and ugly. I think God has an ego aspect (VANITY).
You forget about Judaism where both stemmed from they say that as well. Yes the bible says that to. Read a book.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Oh joy the whole Muslim argument that Christianity was made up by Paul . you see your using an argument that doesn't come from scholars but rather bias religious fanatics. We all have a little personal bias but when it.comes to.this.argument between normally Muslims and Christians the Christ Ian has all the facts on their side.

Name one teaching of Paul's that can't be found somewhere else in scripture. Give me one piece of historical.evidence that greed with you.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Businessmen/women dictate letters to their secretaries every day. It carries the legal weight if they themselves put pen to paper.

But even in those cases, messages are put on "Official Letterhead" and an authentic signature is included. That's not so with the biblical messages.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

Name one teaching of Paul's that can't be found somewhere else in scripture.

That's easy...

Pauls idea of Grace is Purely Paul...

Not taught by anyone but him..... Others used the word, but not in the same context...

He actually changed the word's meaning to mean something it doesn't...

edit on 28-12-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Jesus dictated 7 epistles in the first 3 chapters of Revelation.
That was the Spirit.
There is an accompanying tactile and visual reassurance as to the source of its authority, but it is essentially all just a spiritual revelation, with the Spirit Itself, in this authoritarian manner, dictating by way of a mystic vision.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

It was the *Brother* of Jesus that formed this cult. They were Judeo-Christans, and they took scrolls from Alexandria in order to copy their text and as well add onto their own. That way they could of made exact Jewish rituals and cerimonies. That would require a text as remebering all this by memory is extremely difficult and impossible unless all the writers had photographic memories which i highly doubt. a reply to: AnuTyr

I don't believe that your post is true. James the Just did not form anything. James was but one of over five thousand followers of Jesus and was elected by the first congregation to be president or nasi of the Christian synagogue.

The Alexandrian library was almost totally destroyed by fire in about 48 BCE so I doubt that they could have taken any scrolls from the ashes of fire close to eighty years before the movement began. How ridiculous.

The liturgy of the first Christian Synagogue was totally Hebrew and Aramaic. Not Greek. The Hellenistic Jews were not accepted in the first congregation for quite awhile for the reason of preventing corrupt ideology.

This thread is but another Paul bashing thread that permeates this forum. Nothing new here but back patters of same mindsets.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: roth1

God said worship no other gods before me.
That was the story character, YHWH, who according to Exodus led the Israelites out of Egypt where there was worship of different gods, including a god king.

The idea was to focus their attention on who it was that was creating a nation out of these people, and to be loyal primarily to Him.

With the New Testament, we have a new, virtual Israel that was created by Jesus who leads us and makes us into the congregation of the saved. We are to demonstrate our loyalty to the one who God has appointed to that role of our Lord.

Of course we, as Christians, understand that the story character, YHWH, was an angel designated to that role of Lord by God to be his representative to that former nation.
Jesus now serves that position of the existing one, in a glorified heavenly form, having all the god-like attributes sufficient to be fully Lord over us, within himself.
edit on 28-12-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Your post points to Jesus having no say in what was written and that is false.

No. Just....No.

Jesus had no say in any of it. His popularity is ENTIRELY based on other people's writings.
And furthermore, he's NOT here, is he? Nope. Hasn't been here for over 2000 years. Isn't coming back, either.

That does not diminish the 'message' he SUPPOSEDLY spoke - which is exactly the same 'message' as every other sacred avatar from any place or time.

Sorry. Just, no.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

You should read the book, Justification and Variegated Nomism: The Paradoxes of Paul, by D. A. Carson, for arguments that Paul's idea of Grace is no different than the Old Testament version of grace.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

The liturgy of the first Christian Synagogue was totally Hebrew and Aramaic. Not Greek.
That is a theory that some people hold to, that the gospels were originally in Aramaic, but there is no actual evidence that this is true.
As far as I know, there was never a such thing as a "Christian Synagogue". There were churches, which is English for what at the time would have been, ekklésia, which is the Greek word for it.

The Hellenistic Jews were not accepted in the first congregation for quite awhile for the reason of preventing corrupt ideology.
This is very fanciful but not based on any sort of verifiable reality.
Being a "Hellenistic Jew" would be the norm for Jews living to the west of Parthia and Babylon.
edit on 28-12-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

The thief at Calvary was saved by grace. He couldn't have made the sacrifice at the temple because his hands and feet were nailed to a Roman cross.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Businessmen/women dictate letters to their secretaries every day. It carries the legal weight if they themselves put pen to paper.

But even in those cases, messages are put on "Official Letterhead" and an authentic signature is included. That's not so with the biblical messages.

Not one book of the Bible has a signature at the end of it.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60

Jesus dictated 7 epistles in the first 3 chapters of Revelation.
That was the Spirit.
There is an accompanying tactile and visual reassurance as to the source of its authority, but it is essentially all just a spiritual revelation, with the Spirit Itself, in this authoritarian manner, dictating by way of a mystic vision.

Revelation 1:8

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join