It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So where is all the cellphone movie footage if we're visited so often?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

You obviously have never seen something so out if the ordinary you could not immediately process it. Your mockery comes off as a lack of life experience to me. Now, I would never expect you to simply take my word for it on something like this, as that would be naive of me! My experience is proof for me alone. I was simply answering the question from my personal experience.

I wish you something in your life that stuns you into shock and awe - something good mind you - so that you can gain understanding.

Peace,
AB

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard
Haha lack of life experience? I've lived over 4 decades and had a well travelled, interesting and at times turbulent roller coaster of life so far, have also faced death a few times...quite the adrenaline trip rush, quite enjoyable to be honest.

But nope, never seen anything I couldn't explain, no woowoo ghosts/orbs/UFO's/goblins/dragons/witches/or anything else for that matter. I guess you must be one of the chosen ones who don't have a zoom on their phone, or get so shocked by an experience that it inhibits the ability to take a picture/film of such things.
Again I ask, how come there is so much decent quality footage of fast moving unexpected meteors on social media, but none of 'UFO's'?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

As I stated, my sighting was BEFORE CELL PHONES EXISTED.

You can mock me as a "chosen one." I didn't look for it - it just happened. I did not mean any insult with the "lack of life experience" comment - it wasn't your age I was referring to, or maturity, it was simply that you have not experienced something like what I did. That is all. I hope you do.

You have, by the way, taken a very insulting tone towards me, which I do not appreciate. I have answered. I am done.

peace,
AB

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Insulting how? Sorry I don't believe your claims of UFO's, I don't just believe anonymous folk on t'interwebs who have no evidence.
I also note you leave the topic without addressing the question how come there is so much decent quality footage of fast moving unexpected meteors on social media, but none of 'UFO's'? Your avoidance of that valid question is telling.
Good day to you

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
4 pages and still not footage, weird. I tried looking for some quality sightings recorded in 1080 or 4k, surprisingly there was none that I could find.

I found that really surprising to be honest because with all these UFO sightings you would think someone with ultra high definition evidence would have billions of hits, easy. Theyd be famous and go down in history for all eternity. Sounds good to me.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo
It is curious isn't it.
Plenty of good quality footage of unexpected and fast moving meteors from multiple people showing the same event from different angles, but none of UFO's, very strange...maybe they are faster lol

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I never asked you to believe my sighting. Good lord!!!

You asked a question. I answered. You metaphorically rolled your eyes and mocked the idea of something being so strange as to take a moment to figure out what the heck you are even seeing. I would think that is a fairly human experience and that, regardless of WHAT was being seen, it could be understood as a human experience.

I clearly stated it was for my own proof, and I would never expect you or anyone here to simply take my word for it. You don't believe me. lol! Fine!! Again - I never asked you to take my experience as some sort of gospel.

Anyway. It is clear I have nothing more to offer you.

- AB

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
My my such emotion...but, urm, you're still avoiding the question how come there is so much decent quality footage of fast moving unexpected meteors on social media, but none of 'UFO's'?
That is sort of the topic of the thread if you hadn't noticed, so you didn't have a camera back when you saw aliens, pretty irrelevant, this thread is about the 21st century and millions of cameras in millions of hands and pockets, and the continuing lack of UFO footage by multiple people of the same event.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I was surprised to hear that grainofsand was over forty years old. Like AboveBoard, I assumed he was far younger than that, perhaps in his teens. Of course, all I based that assumption on was his posts here in this thread, which definitely exhibit a childish naïveté and a lack of understanding of rather basic human nature and reactions. Throw in some spelling errors, poor grammar and punctuation and it's easy to mistake his whining petulance for the writing of a tween or high school student.

I don't think it is really necessary for me to address his questions, they have been answered more than adequately by several posters on the past four pages, some of whom provided links to the very evidence he asked for.

I do find it funny how he thinks we have some obligation to provide him with evidence, or better yet, proof! Oh, wait, Hi-def proof, at that. No thanks. Not my job. Although I always like to see people become aware of the UFO and alien situation, I realize some people are just not capable of getting there, now, or maybe ever. Which is fine with me, I won't lose any sleep if grainofsand here ends up on the losing side of the UFO debate. I'm sure he'll have plenty of company.
edit on 28-12-2014 by Scdfa because: I had more to add.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

My my my...such complete disregard for what I have said... and continual mockery.

1. I saw a UFO. Nowhere did I ever say or imply that I saw "aliens." I have no idea what it was, ultimately, only that it was unidentifiable and remains so to this day.

2. The lack of footage - several theories, including mine, have been presented and you have disapproved of them.

So. That's that. As I've stated - I have nothing more to offer you. I don't think anyone here does.

If someone had great footage, they would start their own thread, or they would keep it to themselves. Who wants the hassle of trying to prove something you experienced to random people on the inter webs??

- AB

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Lol, I thought you said you were leaving this thread.
The 'theories' so far are pretty lame though - People too shocked to film/no zoom lens on phones/people don't look at the sky etc, of course I've discounted them since nobody can explain how come there is so much decent quality footage of fast moving unexpected meteors on social media, but none of 'UFO's'?

I'm all ears if you can answer that one, it is exactly why I started the thread...but your 'experience' is irrelevant as you have already explained you didn't have a camera phone when it happened - millions of people do these days and upload stuff as soon as they see it so it is possible to see multiple images of an event online...just never UFO's, perhaps they have magic ray guns which stop any decent footage being uploaded.

edit on 2Sun, 28 Dec 2014 14:30:13 -0600pm30122014f13pm12 by grainofsand because: Typo, fottage >> footage

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa
So, urm, do you fancy staying on-topic and explain how come there is so much decent quality footage of fast moving unexpected meteors on social media, but none of 'UFO's'?
...or just here to whine?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

..........or they would keep it to themselves Who wants the hassle of trying to prove something you experienced to random people on the inter webs??

Sorry I have to interject here. I dont think thats very likely.

If I had a 4k recording of an alien spaceship id be like "BOOM welcome to retirement, no more work for me, ever F*** YEAH" Id immediately register up my own limited company, copyright the material watermark the # out of it, sign my life away to google and upload that [but never the 4k source lol] then spam every news outlets social media accounts with links.

You would literally make millions selling your story.

Hasnt happened though has it, probably because using such high definition recording equipment discrepancies become immediately apparent and the people who continually peddle such videos are just mad fraudsters trying to sell you magic crystals.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Why be so sarcastic? AboveBoard didn't say they saw 'aliens;' they said they saw something they couldn't explain. Likewise, the sighting I mentioned didn't include implications or suggestions of alien motherships. People see unusual things in the sky that they can't explain.

Physicist Peter Sturrock PhD did a survey of the American Astronomy Association and 62 of them reported seeing unidentified aerial phenomena - check it out. The UK Civil Aviation Authority have pilot sightings of unknown flying objects. There was a recent thread where skeptical members described UFO sightings and none of them thought 'aliens' as explanations.

I realise you're not going to alter your opinion that it's all BS and it doesn't actually matter. Nobody's opinion will change the fact that people have been reporting UFOs for centuries. The vast majority are explained and a small residue aren't. As it happens, I invite you to explain what me and my friends saw as it's eluded me ever since.

edit on 12.28.2014 by Kandinsky because: added a link

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
I realise you're not going to alter your opinion that it's all BS and it doesn't actually matter. Nobody's opinion will change the fact that people have been reporting UFOs for centuries. The vast majority are explained and a small residue aren't. As it happens, I invite you to explain what me and my friends saw as it's eluded me ever since.

I'll be more than happy to change my opinion if there is ever a flurry of UFO pics/video from a single event, posted by multiple unconnected people from different angles etc, but unlike meteor/shooting stars it seems UFO's only get spotted by one person at a time.
Regarding your own experiences, I didn't see it and without anything to go on other than your testimony I have no reason to believe it was unexplainable.

All individual testimony is irrelevant in this thread though, I'm pointing out that with the explosion of camera phone ownership there is no related increase in footage of claimed UFO sightings as one would expect.
Of course I am skeptical, and even find it amusing. If that upsets 'believers' then unlucky, pull me up on the question in the OP with something better than 'people are too shocked to film', 'nobody looks at the sky' or 'no zoom lens on camera phones' - I refer back to the decent quality footage of fast moving unexpected meteors on social media, but none of 'UFO's'

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo
I'd be happy with 50 unconnected people filming an 'event' in the same town from different angles, then Twitter going crazy with folk from the area sharing their pics/video, you know, like when a meteorite flashes across the sky.
Never happens with UFO's though, very strange...perhaps there really is a magic UFO ray-gun which knocks out everyones camera's and lowers their pixel resolution - except for the single person who uploads it?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Just spotted your edit...

originally posted by: Scdfa
I don't think it is really necessary for me to address his questions, they have been answered more than adequately by several posters on the past four pages, some of whom provided links to the very evidence he asked for.
Nope, lame 'explanations' so far, and no footage from multiple people of any single event.

I realize some people are just not capable of getting there, now, or maybe ever. Which is fine with me, I won't lose any sleep if grainofsand here ends up on the losing side of the UFO debate. I'm sure he'll have plenty of company.
You're obviously a believer then, I just wish I was one of the special chosen few who the UFO's reveal themselves to. If it happens to me one day you can be sure I'll whip my camera out in a second and post my film here...or maybe I'll be too shocked to record it, or won't look at the sky at the right time, oh well, live and hope lol.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Mate itd be like the scene from Independence Day when the news lady is telling people not to shoot their guns at the mad things floating in the sky.

People would be going bat # crazy if this ever happened, millions of reshares, people flocking to the area, it would be nuts.

Never known that to happen though and BIG BAD MEDIA can no longer be used an excuse to keep this sort of thing suppressed, people use Twitter, we have the internet, people make their own news feeds now and something like that would get shared everywhere and by actual people too not just some hucksters ad-server.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo
Never known that to happen though and BIG BAD MEDIA can no longer be used an excuse to keep this sort of thing suppressed, people use Twitter, we have the internet, people make their own news feeds now and something like that would get shared everywhere and by actual people too not just some hucksters ad-server.

Exactly, people upload allsorts these days, within minutes, and when multiple unconnected people film the same thing from different angles it tends to be more convincing. Curious how that never happens with UFO's.
Of course some folk have claimed in this thread that it's all 'filtered out' of the internet so I guess I'll just have to wait for my own UFO sighting to find out if that is true or not...although clearly I have my doubts lol.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Why be so sarcastic? AboveBoard didn't say they saw 'aliens;' they said they saw something they couldn't explain. Likewise, the sighting I mentioned didn't include implications or suggestions of alien motherships. People see unusual things in the sky that they can't explain.

Physicist Peter Sturrock PhD did a survey of the American Astronomy Association and 62 of them reported seeing unidentified aerial phenomena - check it out. The UK Civil Aviation Authority have pilot sightings of unknown flying objects. There was a recent thread where skeptical members described UFO sightings and none of them thought 'aliens' as explanations.

But the pilots and astronomers sightings are still not addressing the OP's question.

I see his sarcasm but he definitely has a point. The huge Russian meteor had tons of footage and international news coverage. Not to mention actually physical repercussions such as sonic booms and broken windows.

But, this is all well and good if you're looking for a visible physical object. We could get into the theories Jacques Vallee posits about something more intangible meant to make an impact on the viewers world view. But this will open a whole new can of worms of just another you gotta have faith scenario.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join