It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So where is all the cellphone movie footage if we're visited so often?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I don't put my captures on ATS anymore. Why bother? Did it once, not worth it. The personal experience is discounted, and the pics/or video is "debunked" to the satisfaction of the community despite the person's personal experience of it - trying explain... no it wasn't it couldn't of been... here's why.

One is just disregarded. So I don't bother anymore. Not with sharing my personal experiences and captures of the paranormal anyways. If I ever film something with my new camcorder though... I'll send it to ATS moderators first to have them look it over and then consider posting it to membership. As, I personally find, that the way some of membership treats 'believers' borders on being abusive.

I'll give you opinions on threads though - all day long. I just don't feel inclined to share my personal experiences any longer - due to the way debunkers and those of a fundamental scientific mind frame, act and respond in these forums. Decorum and tact is a lost art. Then again, I just may be too sensitive.

CdT

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
There are often mass sightings by multiple witnesses. Two of these recently and well within the time period where phones with cameras were ubiquitous are Stephensville, Texas in January of 2008 and the UFO reported hovering over a terminal at Chicago Ohare International Airport in November of 2006.

We're told in the first case that multiple witnesses saw an object the size of a "floating Wal-Mart" slowly moving across the sky with some reports having it fly at treetop level and yet, no pictures.

Even the most basic phones in 2008 had cameras.

More problematic is the lack of photos in the Chicago Ohare International Airport incident. Here we have one of the busiest airports in the world in one of the largest cities in the USA and a UFO sighting which involved the object being stationary over an airport.

Airports are departure and arrival points for plenty of people with cameras: People travelling to visit or return from family, people travelling to visit or return from vacation, people who are professional or amateur photographers coming from or departing to exotic locales. Business people with Blackberrys, etc.

And yet no pictures?

It strains credibility to think that more than a few photographs of the Chicago Ohare UFO weren't taken and haven't surfaced.

If there is ever another mass sighting in the US, UK or most countries where smartphones are ubiquitous, it will be impossible to shrug off the lack of good photos or videos because most everyone now has a smart phone capable of full HD video.

There has been a noted decrease of interest in the UFO subject by people 16-35 for the reasons the original poster highlighted. Its easier for older people to shrug off this lack of even basic photos from camera phones. If you doubt this just have a look at the average age of UFO convention goers.
edit on 27-12-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: mcChoodles
A couple reasons why not.
1. The lack of a zoom on cell phones guarantees what ever footage is captured will only be recorded on a very small portion of the video recording chip (CCD). Any attempts to magnify will be very blurry.

Most phones now have zoom. And this doesn't explain the lack of ANY photos in Stephensville or the O'Hare incident.

2. Cell phones can't shoot dimly lit stars or objects. Phones have trouble focusing at infinity in the dark.

So in otherwords that star or satellite a person might think is more mysterious is likely a star or satellite. And this doesn't explain the lack of ANY photos in Stephensville or the O'Hare incident.

3. People are so shocked, by the time they reach for phone, its too late.

People were shocked on 9/11 yet there are plenty of photos of the events of that day. Most people are pretty use to the ideas of UFOs and Aliens because of sci-fi these days so I doubt most people under the age of 50 are would be shocked to the point of not reaching for their phone. And this doesn't explain the lack of ANY photos in Stephensville or the O'Hare incident.

4. CG is so good, its impossible to spot real footage. Most assume great footage is fake and gets lost in search engines after being "debunked" by auto reply debunkers.

This is a plausible answer to why some photos do not surface but this still doesn't explain the lack of ANY photos in Stephensville or the O'Hare incident.

Ultimately it comes down to a personal level. There will never be definitive, objective proof short of a landing on the White House lawn. Everybody's standards are different.

I quit looking for proof years ago and focus energy on why. Why haven't they shown themselves. What's the agenda? Who are they working with? Etc

Perhaps you should focus on whether -any- UFOs are evidence of extraterrestrial visitation. Since the majority of UFOs (around 95%) in study after study by both UFO groups and governments world wide turn out to have a more earthly explanation, don't you think that should be the default view unless proven otherwise?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStarIf there is ever another mass sighting in the US, UK or most countries where smartphones are ubiquitous, it will be impossible to shrug off the lack of good photos or videos because most everyone now has a smart phone capable of full HD video.

Indeed, its quite ironic that when a terrorist attack happen or an accident on a random freeway, people will be out getting HD selfies or 60p videos even if people are dying in front of them.

When there is a football sized UFO hovering above them for 2 hours... We get an unfocused pitch black shaky cam showing a single compressed pixel.
edit on 27-12-2014 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: merka

well I think it has been said in this thread or the conclusion is that UFO videos might have to taken accidentally, as in your already filming or recorded something and you see something in the sky. Accidents are going to be there for around 10 minutes your average UFO video is what 60 seconds?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
And.....all the still images where the "alien craft" just happens to position itself equidistant from every mobile phone in the area at a distance that resolves only a few bright white pixels........wow the technology of the aliens in order to do that is impressive.

Sorry but nooooooo waaaaaaaaay.

I'm with you grainofsand there is clearly a problem since the number of cameras around the world has gone up not by 2 fold or 10 fold or 100 fold but 10000 fold minimum!! Not only that but these cameras can take pictures in near darkness !!!!

There should be thousands of photos where we can see the aliens face in the porthole or equivelent.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Well, for a start, I do not own a mobile phone which features any kind of camera equipment. The reason for that is, that because I do a job which involves working with my hands, I cannot always be worried that I am going to crack the screen on my fancy pants, run a star ship off its CPU, over complicated nonsense box.

I have a simple phone!

So what are you implying? That the OP is wrong because your phone does not fit the profile? I hate to tell you this but folks under the age of 40 have smartphones with high def cameras video cameras and still cameras with ASA ratings over 1600.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annunak1
There is enough footage found on the internet. 90% is bullcrap. 5% are flies and planes. And the other 5% are Unidentified flying objects. I myself have seen UFO'S. they are out there. They are real. I tried filming my experience. But they were too high to be seen on my cameraphone.

Good luck finding the 5% real footage on the internet.

But just because 5% cant be identified that doesn't mean 5% are even the slightest bit interesting. It just means we cant tell what they are.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: mcChoodles
A couple reasons why not.
1. The lack of a zoom on cell phones guarantees what ever footage is captured will only be recorded on a very small portion of the video recording chip (CCD). Any attempts to magnify will be very blurry.

which requires the "craft" to position itself far enough away from every camera in the area........noooo waaaaay
OR
You forget that the most recent phones have resolutions approaching that of 35mm film AND high ASA. So that argument is rapidly becoming moot.

2. Cell phones can't shoot dimly lit stars or objects. Phones have trouble focusing at infinity in the dark.

Same issue so far away form every camera. What a coincidence.

3. People are so shocked, by the time they reach for phone, its too late.

Utter hollywood BS. The same BS where in disaster movies everyone runs like f..k down the street trampling on each other screaming. Reality check people stop look and photo quite calmly. Look at the 911 footage, Tsunami footage, russian meteor footage.

4. CG is so good, its impossible to spot real footage. Most assume great footage is fake and gets lost in search engines after being "debunked" by auto reply debunkers.

Again convenient excuse BS. If there was multiple footage of the same incident it becomes nigh on impossible to fake it. The flaws would show up very easily with fake footage.

Ultimately it comes down to a personal level. There will never be definitive, objective proof short of a landing on the White House lawn. Everybody's standards are different.

I quit looking for proof years ago and focus energy on why. Why haven't they shown themselves. What's the agenda? Who are they working with? Etc

I'm more inclined to believe that if they exist then they stay away as of post WWII since we humans have become far too dangerous with our tech. No matter how advanced an alien is it MUST at some point slow down and stop in order to land. That puts any craft in immediate danger from our trigger happy paranoid military of all countries across the globe. The ONLY solution to that problem is some kind of "Roswell era" agreed public no go area or air corridoor well away from everything.......which still means no photos!!

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

During a spontaneous sighting you just don't think lets get rolling. You just stand there flabbergasted, stunned if you will.

Exactly. One, its completely out of the realm of experience and two… they must do something to everyone. We all just stood stunned and mostly silent, except the occasional, "What is that!?"
edit on 27-12-2014 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CirqueDeTruth
I'll give you opinions on threads though - all day long. I just don't feel inclined to share my personal experiences any longer - due to the way debunkers and those of a fundamental scientific mind frame, act and respond in these forums. Decorum and tact is a lost art. Then again, I just may be too sensitive.

CdT

UFOs are a lot like supernatural experiences in unless it is personal there really isn't room to believe. I have never had either experience so there is not much out there other than real tangible artifacts or a real personal experience that would change my beliefs that it is all a society created phenomenon.

With that said it is strange that in the last 20 years not only does every person on this planet have a camera at the ready, but we are all instantly connected, and the occurrence of UFOs , if anything, has lessen.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
I'm more inclined to believe that if they exist then they stay away as of post WWII since we humans have become far too dangerous with our tech. No matter how advanced an alien is it MUST at some point slow down and stop in order to land. That puts any craft in immediate danger from our trigger happy paranoid military of all countries across the globe. The ONLY solution to that problem is some kind of "Roswell era" agreed public no go area or air corridoor well away from everything.......which still means no photos!!

This scenario always has me to back to an old thought of mine. If aliens have always been here why did they not just fully interact with us post modern age? If they were among us already we would not have had the whole itchy finger military, secret Government Roswell type events.

The ONLY logical reason for this is that these are convenient ways to explain why we have nothing other than eye witness reports and drawings/pictures/video of lights for the last 6000 years. At some point we kind of need to advance with something more than a rehash of the same old stuff...hehe

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Surprised no one has uploaded some 1080p footage yet, weird. What with it being so prolific and the price of a GoPro or other comparable device going pretty cheap now you think ALL FOOTAGE would be in nothing but 1080.

Any professional believers make a move to 4k yet?, seen on thread a guy was claiming he has been followed by them almost daily his whole life. Yet no 1080 footage, WEIRD.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo

Any professional believers make a move to 4k yet?, seen on thread a guy was claiming he has been followed by them almost daily his whole life. Yet no 1080 footage, WEIRD.

I had a neighbor who told me that he had ghost events all the time. I was like WOW lets wire your house with about 7 security cameras and record all this stuff you are talking about. He told me he really didn't have the time to do it...

This seems to be a common thing in people who claim they have continued events never seem to want to actually go ahead and record those events.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
they only appear to certain people. I think they can selectively appear to individuals and their cameras but not to others or their equipment. There is a lot of good multiple angle footage out there you just gotta look for it. I'm sure some of the footage out there is real, I know mine is.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yeah its like they dont even exist, but that cant be true cause so many people keep saying they see them all the time. If i saw a UFO/Ghost or Alien and it definitely was what I suspected it to be id be like LOL I can now retire on youtube moneyz. But no, never happens.
edit on 27-12-2014 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: merka

originally posted by: JadeStarIf there is ever another mass sighting in the US, UK or most countries where smartphones are ubiquitous, it will be impossible to shrug off the lack of good photos or videos because most everyone now has a smart phone capable of full HD video.

Indeed, its quite ironic that when a terrorist attack happen or an accident on a random freeway, people will be out getting HD selfies or 60p videos even if people are dying in front of them.

Exactly. We live in a sort of Youtube-driven "I was there!", "me too!" culture. One would think that if there was ever anything like the Belgian wave, the Hudson Valley sightings, the Phoenix Lights, Stephensville, etc that there would be plenty of people posting up videos.

Look at the recent fireball, bolide meteor sightings around the world.

They last at most 30 seconds.

Yet, you can find plenty of video of those and they involve an object that was unexpected suddenly and brilliantly appearing out of the sky so the whole "people don't look up" argument doesn't hold water either.

When there is a football sized UFO hovering above them for 2 hours... We get an unfocused pitch black shaky cam showing a single compressed pixel.

Exactly.
edit on 27-12-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
a reply to: merka

well I think it has been said in this thread or the conclusion is that UFO videos might have to taken accidentally, as in your already filming or recorded something and you see something in the sky. Accidents are going to be there for around 10 minutes your average UFO video is what 60 seconds?

The Ohare UFO was said to have hovered for a half an hour. The Phoenix lights and Stephensville sightings were said to involve a very large craft slowly travelling and at points hovering over the course of anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

You know how many times I've seen something worthy of being recorded and failed to get my phone out in time? I'm not talking about unusual or paranormal activity...just every day stuff like my niece or dog doing something cute. Something in nature, etc. By the time I get my phone out, it's over. I gotta grab it first (hopefully it's not in my purse or pocket), then I have to open the camera app, then I have to tell it I want the "video" setting". Hopefully, I'll capture it, but a lot of times I fail to do so. I've also tried to record things in the sky. Like one time, I saw a bird having "fun" riding an air current and wanted to record it. The bird wasn't that far above and in front of me (relatively speaking), but you all you could see was a speck in the video. And this was even after I tried to zoom in. It just looked like a fuzzy bug flying around.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Thanks for all the interesting replies folks, sorry I can't respond to you individually as I'm off out for a wonky weekend night and I certainly will not be posting on ATS in the twee hours tomorrow when I get home lol.

Gotta admit I haven't read anything to draw me away from my opinion/perspective in the OP, but please do share your thoughts or throw me a trending/historical #ufo hashtag that a few hundred or thousand Twatter users all saw recently. I'm not saying it has never happened, just I've obviously missed it if it has.
Have a good night folks...and play nice

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join