It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So where is all the cellphone movie footage if we're visited so often?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
First, and for the record, I am of the opinion that that with the billions of stars out there, it is not a wild stretch of imagination to consider the possibility of life existing in the universe other than our own planet. I have seen nothing to draw me towards the view that we are being regularly visited by extra terrestrial beings, but equally I am unable to make assertions that we are not for obvious reasons.

What I am wondering though is if the believers out there are so convinced, then where is the multiple footage from people quickly grabbing their phones and filming, from different angles, whenever there is a claimed sighting?
Any other major event gets loads of footage. Bin lorry tragedy in Glasgow - loads of individual film evidence. Soldier hacked to death in London - loads of individual film evidence. Riots/flooding, even a few centimetres of snow yesterday - loads of individual film evidence.
'UFO' in the sky? Always just the one grainy film ever posted on ATS.

There was a meteorite/fireball a year or so ago over the UK and plenty of people filmed it, posted to social media, and the path could be determined with timelines and locations. Why not UFO's?
Is it perhaps that spooky woo woo UFO's only show themselves to the 'chosen' few, or is it that most of the 'sightings' are just BS because the only recorded pictures are from like one person at a time.
Sorry to be killjoy if you are a rabid believer, but until/unless I see multiple film from multiple people from different locations at the same event I shall assume it's all pretty much BS.

Please feel free to put me right if I've missed some event like that on the net, but in modern days where pretty much everyone has a camera on them how come only one person at a time ever seems to notice these 'UFO's' ?

Just throwing this out to see the perspectives of others, not personally chasing a debate here, but I am interested in how 'believers' reconcile the lack of multiple film recordings in a world of mass camera ownership?

Kind regards to all,
GoS.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
There is enough footage found on the internet. 90% is bullcrap. 5% are flies and planes. And the other 5% are Unidentified flying objects. I myself have seen UFO'S. they are out there. They are real. I tried filming my experience. But they were too high to be seen on my cameraphone.

Good luck finding the 5% real footage on the internet.
edit on 27-12-2014 by Annunak1 because: i bow down to no man

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Annunak1
So is that 5% only ever in rural countryside or something? Never an urban area so a handful of other people might have noticed as well? I'm sorry, but with so many cameras on people these days it just seems strange to me that nobody notices the UFO's on Twatter or Fakebook, only ATS...and usually one person on their own lol

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Well, for a start, I do not own a mobile phone which features any kind of camera equipment. The reason for that is, that because I do a job which involves working with my hands, I cannot always be worried that I am going to crack the screen on my fancy pants, run a star ship off its CPU, over complicated nonsense box.

I have a simple phone!

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
A couple reasons why not.
1. The lack of a zoom on cell phones guarantees what ever footage is captured will only be recorded on a very small portion of the video recording chip (CCD). Any attempts to magnify will be very blurry.
2. Cell phones can't shoot dimly lit stars or objects. Phones have trouble focusing at infinity in the dark.
3. People are so shocked, by the time they reach for phone, its too late.
4. CG is so good, its impossible to spot real footage. Most assume great footage is fake and gets lost in search engines after being "debunked" by auto reply debunkers.

Ultimately it comes down to a personal level. There will never be definitive, objective proof short of a landing on the White House lawn. Everybody's standards are different.

I quit looking for proof years ago and focus energy on why. Why haven't they shown themselves. What's the agenda? Who are they working with? Etc

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
So is that 5% only ever in rural countryside or something? Never an urban area so a handful of other people might have noticed as well? I'm sorry, but with so many cameras on people these days it just seems strange to me that nobody notices the UFO's on Twatter or Fakebook, only ATS...and usually one person on their own lol

Like i said. There is enough footage also in urban area's. But who is to say what is real and what is fake. There will always be people yelling fake on real footage. And there will always be people yelling real on fake footage....

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
A mate of mine has one of them, early Nokia, it's bullet proof, compared to my Android I have to keep safe in a little pouch in my pocket - I'm usually plastering/rendering.

a reply to: mcChoodles
I get what your saying but even if the images are a tiny dot/grainy, how can we explain that there is never a few hundred people uploading their film of the tiny dot when 'an event' happens in a populated area?
Always just one person who seems to notice?! Hell, people upload all kinds of random crap on social media so do you not think they would post 'UFO' film if enough people had seen it, even if it was grainy?
If 50 people from my town posted a grainy film from different angles, all saying similar things about what they perceived with their eyes then I'd be interested...that never happens though does it.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I'd be drawn to thinking 'real' if multiple unconnected people posted film of an event from different angles/locations....but that never happens though does it.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

most of the 'sightings' are just BS

Most…

UFO's only show themselves to the 'chosen' few,

Few…

but I am interested in how 'believers' reconcile the lack of multiple film recordings in a world of mass camera ownership?

Only the garbage is allowed through…

The Pentagon was blown up in broad daylight by a low, slow big noisy jet and there isn't cell cam footage of that either.

Personally, I'm pretty sure it exists, just not in the public realm.

I don't know where the dozen or so friends and strangers are the night we all saw one back in the land before Internet. Sorry I didn't have a camera. It was night time.

Once in a life time event.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
I don't know where the dozen or so friends and strangers are the night we all saw one back in the land before Internet. Sorry I didn't have a camera. It was night time.

That's fair enough in pre interweb days, but that is exactly my point, if it happened today probably 90% of folk in the group would have had a recording device. Twatter and Fakebook would be awash with uploaded film from multiple people if an event happened with many witnesses....never happens though, always just a single film from one 'witness'.

In the OP I mentioned the fireball/meteor in the UK a year or so back, loads of people uploaded their grainy film from multiple locations and different angles - it obviously happened.
Never see that with 'UFO's' though do we...it is why I am a skeptic.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

In the OP I mentioned the fireball/meteor in the UK a year or so back…

And i mentioned the "missing" footage of the plane that hit the Pentagon.

IMO, although people would like to believe it isn't so, and others will tell us it isn't (because thats what they are supposed to say) and still others in denial will become insulting…

control of what we see on the Internet is absolute.

Just like every movie that comes to main stream TV is presented "edited for content".

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Well that is precisely the problem with those newfangled jobbies! Apart from the fact that everyone I know who has owned a smartphone, has had trouble operating the damned things as a telephone, they are too weak to stand up to hard graft, and I like to get stuck in.

I am a locksmith, and an awful lot of my work involves drilling metal, cutting metal, having to apply force in a very particular way, and there are just too many things about what I do during a day, that could potentially ruin one of these modern doodads. I also have a Nokia thing, and although it is not OLD in chronological terms, the design is rather ancient, and you can indeed bounce it off a wall, kick it across a room, fall on the pocket it is contained in, drop it, drop things on it, and it does not care! I paid twenty pounds for it, and got a ten pound airtime credit with it.

Compare that with a buddy of mine, who went out and bought the latest iPhone, something like six hundred pounds worth of phone or something stupid like that, dropped it from a height of next to sod all feet, and the "toughened" screen cracked in such a way as to make the entire thing utterly unreadable, and indeed, impossible to use. We do not get much by way of work from bailiffs, mostly because we tend to disagree with private companies having the right to enter property at the instruction of anyone but the resident. However, when we DO go on a call out to a bailiff related job, I want to know that even if the worst happens on the job, I can reach into my pocket, and get a shout out to the police, ambulance, fire service, or at least our base of operations!

With a handy dandy simple phone, I can do these things and be confident in doing so. The other thing that worries me about the modern phones, is that they spend so much of their power and time doing software updates and God alone knows what else, that some of them are just really awful at being a telephone.

Now, we all know, because the advertisements are often relentless, that some of these newfangled gadgets are coming out with cameras which are better than my old 10.2 megapixel compact camera, and I think that is wonderful. But until they marry that to a handset that can survive being pummeled with bricks, and preferably costing less than a months pay to buy without a contract, I am certainly never going to get one.

Now, the reason I go to length to describe these things, is that I also like to go for long walks. I can often be found trekking to town down the coast road, or bumbling around the woods and countryside areas just out of town. I have been known to cover twenty kilometers just going for a stroll, and again, these are not environs which lend themselves to use of technology which has not been hardened for real life, and yet, being out and about in the manner I describe is the sort of lifestyle choice which is more likely to bring a person into visual contact with something extraordinary!

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
CGI ended the video evidence for UFO's. It's that simple.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Like someone has already said, what's real and what isn't? Especially with crappy mobiles. In any case there have been several multi sightings of objects at different angles, locations etc, and you are still faced with ambiguity. Then again, footage of military projects just to add to the portfolio.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Where is all the cell phone footage of F-14s and other stealth fighters? The stealth helicopter? These are real craft that fly all the time and I don't see cell phone footage of them all over the place either.

As far as your claim that multiple witness/angle videos do not exist:

UFO Russia filmed by multiple people with multiple cameras

Jerusalem UFO multiple angles

Multiple Orange County UFO, ATS thread 6 months ago

That's just the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Filmed some orbs for quite some time. Got told they were farmers lighting bonfires. It's pointless putting anything on ATS as there is a group of serial debunkers who will accept nothing.

More to the point, the orbs I filmed, well they were what I picked up 5 days later following the main sighting, I went back to see if anything would happen after the main sighting during which I didn't film.

We didn't film then, on our phoes as it was too weird for thinking- 'casually switch your phone on and film' During a spontaneous sighting you just don't think lets get rolling. You just stand there flabbagasted, stunned if you will. The last thing you think is 'check the zoom lens for focussing' when it looks like you are about to be abducted lol

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Just throwing this out to see the perspectives of others, not personally chasing a debate here, but I am interested in how 'believers' reconcile the lack of multiple film recordings in a world of mass camera ownership?

I think that "real" UFO appearances (aliens, time travelers, dimension incursions, what have you) are still a very rare event. What I think the ubiquity of cell phone cameras has done is merely confirm that 99 percent or more of honest sightings are misidentifications. So as far as I'm concerned you can confidently go back into all the UFO books and magazines detailing all the UFO sightings from the early 50s on, and pretty much write 99 percent of them off.

That still leaves the teensy weensy few honest reports of weird, baffling, and possibly unfathomable encounters still unexplained. But for the most part, we can chalk the bulk of them up to just people being people. Not perfect. Very over-imaginative.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
My smart cell can't even take a decent picture of the moon on a clear night, video even worse. If I did see a ufo, it'd be gone before I could record it anyway. I am sure I saw two ufo's once but a friend told me they were satellites so now I don't know what is or isn't a ufo, unless I can see one up close. I kind of lost my enthusiasm after that because I was so excited. Now I think all things are satellites unless I can determine they are just planes.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Hiya GoS. There's some value to this position as, yes, despite the rising number of cameras, there's no increase in UFO footage. Even the quality of current phone cameras has improved to the point whereby 8mp and 12mp are boringly common. We could add the growing number of street CCTV cameras too. Sure, most of them won't ever be pointing skywards, but there will still be tens of thousands with part of their field of view including the skies.

At the same time, this argument can also be something of a straw man that pretends to debunk sightings reports. In reality, sightings reports are not dependent on the technology or number of cameras.

Some years ago myself and friends saw a UFO and the whole thing was over in around 4 seconds - there simply was no time to be pulling out cameras. In that light, I'm very much what you like to call a 'believer.' The occasion left me with the rare perspective of being very much a sceptical person whilst also knowing, with certainty, that sometimes people see things they cannot explain.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Watch what people do when they walk. they either look at the ground or in front of them...Never at the Sky.

I only ever look up when i'm relaxing or got nothing else to do.. Too busy looking for dog #### so as not to be scooped up onto my shoes than looking for UFO's I'm afraid.

It's all very well seeing something very high up that you dont have a clue what it is. why even try and take a video with a crap camera phone. no doubt many have, but when you look back at the footage, if indeed you can actually see whatever your looking at on your phone, why show it to anyone or post it online.

I saw a silvery thing once. I watched it for 20 minutes hanging around the same spot, I used the eaves of a house roof to get a fix on it, but it was so high up if i looked away i had trouble locating it again. If my eyes couldn't find it what chance would my mobile have.

Just out of curiosity if a Spaceship landed next to you or a Alien entered your bedroom would your first thought be Phone??..Mines would probably be Pants, warmth, smell then baby wipes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join