It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So where is all the cellphone movie footage if we're visited so often?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
My sighting was before cell phones, but I can tell you the last thing I was thinking was, "wait! let me find a camera!" I was thinking "What the heck?!?!?" And by the time I had processed the fact I was seeing a perfect flying circle during the day under a grey cloud cover, it sped up to where it was a brief streak in the sky before disappearing (as in being not-there "poof" as opposed to flying off in the distance). My mind was sufficiently blown - I could not have processed it fast enough. I might be able to now, but still, it would be extremely hard to get good video that would be worth anything - it's not like they call in advance to let you know...

Peace,
AB

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Where are all the pics of top secret weather balloons??

I recently saw two black helicopters in close proximity and I frantically reached for my cell phone to take a pic but they were long gone out of sight before I could snap away.

It may be concluded that UFO sightings are actually terrestrial high tech air craft, all top secret military or air force. Why in the world would they be out in the open long enough to have a picture taken?

Car accidents happen constantly....where are all the pictures or videos of car accidents happening?

Where is the video footage of the LA fire, igniting? Prior to the flames blazing as high as all the building, but as it's igniting?

What about radar images of UFO's? Haven't UFO's appeared on radar?

The government's stance on UFO's is 100% denial. If they have photos, they won't share.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
it's not like they call in advance to let you know...

That would be nice. There was some hope for a while there with UFO research that with enough data gathered we'd be able to figure out some patterns and possibly increase our odds of being in the right place at the right time to get some better evidence. Unfortunately, that never happened. Ufology failed again. There was either too much noise in the data, or the appearances are actually fairly random. You can consider yourself very lucky to have spotted something.

Anyway, after being in kind of a doldrums now for some time, maybe we're due for a new UFO flap and something definitive will show up. Good, high-quality images backed up by some solid evidence. Until then, though, we continue with the waiting game.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
The government's stance on UFO's is 100% denial. If they have photos, they won't share.

I tend to think that the government (the U.S. government, anyway) has better photos than us average civilian slobs. But I also think they don't really have a clue as to what they are, and if I was the military I sure wouldn't want to admit that.

Of course true UFO appearances are rare, but as the number of good cameras grows, carried by a high percentage of people on the planet, you would assume that there's a nexus point that will eventually be reached where there will be more people with the right camera in the right place at the right time to take the excellent picture. UFO plus occupants would be better. Verifiable physical evidence to back it up would be best.
edit on 27-12-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
about 2 years ago my wife was just getting home, when she got out of the car she happened to look up and noticed a (in her words) "a strange hovering object about the size of a bus, hovering about a football pitch away" now, she knows i am intrigued by UFO's and grabbed her phone (Iphone) to record it,

She said she recorded 10 - 15 seconds of footage before she went into the house to get her Camera, when she returned the object was gone.

when i got home she was telling me this and about the footage on her phone,

i looked at her phone and found no footage, but she was adamant she filmed it, she said it definitely recorded

We live in big town in UK, i checked UFO spotting sights www.uk-ufo.co.uk... and nothing on there either.

my wife knows my interest and wouldn't make it up, she was pretty shook up about it.

so maybe it is filmed, but the footage is gone, or failed to save correctly

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

You would assume so correct, but if advanced beings have been here for 10,000 + years then they would wise up about our cell phone usage?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Sure everyone has a phone, but the trick is to get people to stop looking at their stupid phones and instead, up at the skies.
edit on 27-12-2014 by AlienUFOHunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
One of my teachers in high school once said that with all the claims from all over the globe of UFOs, it only takes one to be real.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
To the op, the few times I saw something I couldn't explain it was done by the time my brain had processed that I couldn't Id it and I should film it.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

Look at the recent fireball, bolide meteor sightings around the world.

They last at most 30 seconds.

Yet, you can find plenty of video of those and they involve an object that was unexpected suddenly and brilliantly appearing out of the sky so the whole "people don't look up" argument doesn't hold water either.

Well there's not really that much footage of them, when you consider how amazing they are and that you really can't miss them and must have been witnessed by thousands of people. Also, most of the footage I've seen was all accidental.

But on the other hand, it is curious that the more prevalent cameras become, it seems the less there are actual explainable UFO sightings. Kind of like how the more technologically advanced we become the less there are claims of miracles.

Who really knows? I just keep an open mind and won't draw any conclusions until I see undeniable evidence.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
At night, my iphone's camera might as well be a potato.

I took a picture of a huge full moon recently and it literally looked like a pinprick of light.

Also, in my personal experience, when something amazing shows itself to you, you're not thinking about getting a picture; you're not thinking at all, you're in awe.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

When you're outside, how often are you looking up toward the sky? You also assume everyone owns a cellphone and carries one on them at all times, along with said cellphone having camera capabilities (maybe they just use a simple crappy prepaid cellphone)

You also assume that everyone out there is into the UFO subject. A lot of people out there could be looking at a UFO and not understand what they are seeing and just shrug it off and not give it a second glance. Fact is, a lot of people just do not care. The only people that do care, are the ones that ARE into the UFO subject. Otherwise, people could honestly care less. So knowing this, it pretty much cuts down the people that would know and care enough to record it to a pretty small minority.

edit on 28-12-2014 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: mcChoodles

Awesome— very happy to read this. There are so many who are interested in the subject, but don't use logical/real-world thinking when analyzing the issue. I have two additional points point to add to your enumerated list:

1. Our domestic lives are lived on the surface of this planet— therefore, we simply have no reason to look at the skies as much as we could. This is an important factor when a sighting occurs— many people around a so-called "event" will not even pay attention to the sky. Or if they do happen to glance and see said craft, they will subconsciously— reflexively believe that it is a helicopter or an airplane.

2. Our civilization (Think primarily "First-world") just received the integration of supercomputer phones with the internet on a *mass* scale, less than 5 [five] years ago. Footage that was considered "rare" is now becoming more commonplace. There are several examples of in identified phenomenon and craft caught even by security cameras.

The point of this is— give it another 5 years, and we'll be amazed at what is captured. And we must remember that anything we post may be filtered.

On that note, I hold the same philosophy as you do: that is to focus on the *why* questions.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Again thanks for the interesting replies but I'm struggling to find agreement with some of the reasons explaining why 'UFO's' are not filmed by multiple people.
No zoom on phone camera's - Urm, when did that poster last by a mobile, lol
People aren't looking at the skies - So no peripheral vision?
People are so shocked they don't think of reaching for their phones - Ridiculous argument, shocking tsunami's and accidents are uploaded often enough.

Nope, I've read nothing to draw me away from thinking that 'UFO's' must be pretty rare, or only in rural area's or only shown to the 'chosen' few. If any of the wild claims I've read on ATS actually appeared in an urban setting then Twitter would be awash with multiple images from different angles and #ufo #aliens or whatever.

In a simple youtube search I can find multiple film of unexpected fast moving meteor's over the UK, same events filmed by different users, with decent image quality. Search for UFO's over the UK and all you get is grainy images or suspect CGI by individual users...and strangely enough only single film of single 'events'.
How come loads of people record meteors and we are even able to track paths based on location of the different users uploaded film, but with 'UFO's' only one person ever see's it?
...of course some here may say my logic is flawed, perhaps I need to find faith, you know, "I want to belive" and all that, nah that's not really my thing.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

It's in the mind of the mortal. Coming to terms with one's mortality is a bitch. It took a whole lot of stitches and pain for me but I never believed in UFO's. I guess I'm the exception to the rule. We all come to the realization in different ways. We are the sum of our life experiences. I can think of worse ways to come to that realization. some ways are final and some are fun.

Okay, I kid. I never seen a ghost or bigfoot either.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
Okay, I kid. I never seen a ghost or bigfoot either.

Same here, no ghosts/monsters/pixies/elves/dragons/[insert woowoo thing here] ever.
I keep an open mind of course, but I guess I'm not a chosen one so until such an event happens (or a load of folk upload images of a shared event on social media) I shall assume they don't really happen that much.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

lol too funny. I need proof or I won't believe in whatever. I do not have the burden of proof. They do! It's all good because there is some fine science fiction coming out of it.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA
Lol, my required standard of evidence became greater than simply another's personal testimony when I found out there was no Father Christmas/Santa. Sort of the same stance with UFO's, but of course I remain open to change if those millions of phone cameras in the world start filming them at a quality similar to how folk manage to film meteors.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Damn, Santa isn't real?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA
Sorry to break it to you man

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join